Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:55:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1455991 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5340 on: May 21, 2017, 06:09:10 AM »

Sorry man, but for who the hell would they put a story about former members? It does not make sense, the current tour is focused on Axl, Slash and Duff,

I dont know, but for some reason they have felt the need to bring things from the past in that video. Well, everything surrounding this tour NEEDS the past. The past is the key (just look at the setlist, the imagery, the sound, the merch, the intros...).

And you just CANT bring GNRs past without mentioning Izzy, to give the most grotesque example. You just cant. You can't speak about the Bulls of the nineties without mentioning Pippen.

If you feel the need to bring the past, do it right. GNR didn't born the way the video shows. GNR toured the whole world 2/3 times between 2002 and 2014. There was an album that was released in that ''huge 1996-2016'' one second long block.

I feel that GNR is spitting on the work and effort of not only ALL former members but also more than the half of the current ones. Dizzy (26 years long member, 2nd after Axl in GNR's history), Richard (15 years, 3rd in the ranking), Frank (11, 4th in the ranking) and Melissa are being 100% anonymized. They are being treated as if they were Traci fucking Amos. And we all know Richard can mercilessly kick Slash's ass in terms of guitar skills and performance. It's just not fair. Not for them, not for us the fans who stuck with this band all these ''hard'' years.
Not many tickets are sold by hyping Frank and Melissa.
I feel your pain.

There Was A Time

I can understand GNR being interested in how many tickets they sell. But you? a fan? Do you have any profit? You should be interested in the music and nothing else.

Yeah there was a time... a time when music and art and exploring new paths seemed to be priority for this band. Unfortunately, the people who supported that hard road were too little. Fortunately, ChiDem was finally released to let us know how much far can GNR go when they want to explore new roads and new destinies. An extraordinary album made by extraordinary musicians that were not afraid to take risks.

Now we are back to the safe zone and you feel no more pain. Im happy for you, believe it or not!

I think there's a middle ground though. New music is what I love, from any band I like. I dislike nostalgia hugely, but sadly, it drives the music industry now.
A lot of us are happy to see this tour. It's a huge deal. But that doesn't mean to say that when the tour wraps up we won't be looking for the band to move forwards.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5341 on: May 21, 2017, 06:25:03 AM »

I can understand GNR being interested in how many tickets they sell. But you? a fan? Do you have any profit? You should be interested in the music and nothing else.

That's true and funny. Because it's always been like that. For some, they measure the success by units sold. Tickets, albums and so on. "This was a failure", "that show didn't sell out" and so on and so on. We've all seen it through the years....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5342 on: May 21, 2017, 06:40:16 AM »

That's true and funny. Because it's always been like that. For some, they measure the success by units sold. Tickets, albums and so on. "This was a failure", "that show didn't sell out" and so on and so on. We've all seen it through the years....

/jarmo

That's very true. I never understood for instance the fixation with how many copies Chinese Democracy sold or why that indicated if it was a 'good album' or not.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
alf@melmac
Opening Act

« Reply #5343 on: May 21, 2017, 08:18:24 AM »

So "reunited" is the official word - did I miss something?
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #5344 on: May 21, 2017, 08:25:35 AM »

Sorry man, but for who the hell would they put a story about former members? It does not make sense, the current tour is focused on Axl, Slash and Duff,

I dont know, but for some reason they have felt the need to bring things from the past in that video. Well, everything surrounding this tour NEEDS the past. The past is the key (just look at the setlist, the imagery, the sound, the merch, the intros...).

And you just CANT bring GNRs past without mentioning Izzy, to give the most grotesque example. You just cant. You can't speak about the Bulls of the nineties without mentioning Pippen.

If you feel the need to bring the past, do it right. GNR didn't born the way the video shows. GNR toured the whole world 2/3 times between 2002 and 2014. There was an album that was released in that ''huge 1996-2016'' one second long block.

I feel that GNR is spitting on the work and effort of not only ALL former members but also more than the half of the current ones. Dizzy (26 years long member, 2nd after Axl in GNR's history), Richard (15 years, 3rd in the ranking), Frank (11, 4th in the ranking) and Melissa are being 100% anonymized. They are being treated as if they were Traci fucking Amos. And we all know Richard can mercilessly kick Slash's ass in terms of guitar skills and performance. It's just not fair. Not for them, not for us the fans who stuck with this band all these ''hard'' years.
Not many tickets are sold by hyping Frank and Melissa.
I feel your pain.

There Was A Time

Yeah there was a time... a time when music and art and exploring new paths seemed to be priority for this band. Unfortunately, the people who supported that hard road were too little. Fortunately, ChiDem was finally released to let us know how much far can GNR go when they want to explore new roads and new destinies. An extraordinary album made by extraordinary musicians that were not afraid to take risks.

Now we are back to the safe zone and you feel no more pain. Im happy for you, believe it or not!

The danger zone is my preferred gnr  Wink

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5345 on: May 21, 2017, 08:52:07 AM »

Why mentioning ChiDem then (a nanosecond , but it's mentioned)?

It's an album released by Guns N' Roses and the band plays songs from it on the tour the clip is promoting.

/jarmo

Your arguments and Spirit's don't fit. And none of them are logical enough to me:

- If, like Spirit says, ''they're mentioning CD because its a part of Axl's history with the band'' then why not mentioning something BASIC and HUGE like the birth of the band (another thing that's a part of Axl's history with the band)

- If, like you say, ''they're mentioning CD because it's an album released by Guns N' Roses and the band plays songs from it on the tour the clip is promoting'', then it's hard to understand why the clip has 10 screens with info about AFD, ten screens about UYIs, while ChiDem is included in just one screen that englobes 20 years.

You know what would be good? That somebody here had the guts to say: ''they hide the other 4 current members and all the former ones because showing them means less money to collect. 99% of the people who attend the shows nowadays have no idea and don't give a shit about anybody but Axl, Slash and Duff, and the band and the management know that and are OK with that. Richard and Dizzy are today's Roberta Freeman and Tracy fucking Amos, and the less people know about them the better.''

That would be honest. And cruel and ungrateful, but honest.

It's a promo for the current tour, of course they'll focus on people currently in the band. And yes, I'm sure Richard, Frank, Dizzy and Melissa will agree... Axl, Slash and Duff are the main draw for these concerts. After all they they started this band.

The promoter don't hide them btw. Livenation had a series of promos featuring interviews with Frank, Richard, Dizzy and Melissa.

This particular promo though, features the journey leading to the reunion of three people.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5346 on: May 21, 2017, 09:20:36 AM »

The first tour date listed is: May 27th, 2017 Co. Meath, Ireland @ Slane Castle

This is from the end of the 2nd video:

Twin Peaks new episodes are set for that date...
 Grin
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #5347 on: May 21, 2017, 10:46:00 AM »

It's always fun to speculate...

I don't  think the band will announce more dates. That would be too much of a letdown really. Not that I would mind, but why get the expectations high when you are just going to announce new dates? Doesn't make sense to me.

Could this be a new album announcement? or a single? I really doubt it. I've got 28 years on GNR experience, and this is not really how they do things...so I don't see this will be happening...

Maybe a live DVD? that's plausible. That'd be really awesome really, but then again, we had a live performance DVD 3 years ago and yes it was awesome, but I don't think Team Brazil would again get the expectations this high just to announce a LIVE DVD.

What I think this could be is a live interview on KLOS studios with Axl and Slash (maybe Duff too) together to talk about the upcoming tour and future plans .The two promos circle around Axl, Slash and Duff so I believe we will get to see them in the same room sharing past experiences and upcoming plans. This would be fucking huge as it will make the first interview with Axl and Slash together since the reunion happened (we may have to go back to 1991??..when's the last time Axl and Slash did an interview together??). Maybe they will take in questions from the people in the studio or even questions from callers...

Edited to add .-

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure this announcement has to do with AFD's 30 year anniversary. This will happen on July 21st. By looking at their tour schedule, they will have finished Europe by then (last concert is on July 15th) and they don't start the NA again on July 27th, so it totally fits their schedule.  So yeah, this is it (me thinks).

You heard it here first  smoking
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 11:41:14 AM by Ignatius » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5348 on: May 21, 2017, 10:58:51 AM »

It's always fun to speculate...

I don't  think the band will announce more dates. That would be too much of a letdown really. Not that I would mind, but why get the expectations high when you are just going to announce new dates? Doesn't make sense to me.

Could this be a new album announcement? or a single? I really doubt it. I've got 28 years on GNR experience, and this is not really how they do things...so I don't see this will be happening...

Maybe a live DVD? that's plausible. That'd be really awesome really, but then again, we had a live performance DVD 3 years ago and yes it was awesome, but I don't think Team Brazil would again get the expectations this high just to announce a LIVE DVD.

What I think this could be is a live interview on KROQ studios with Axl and Slash (maybe Duff too) together to talk about the upcoming tour and future plans .The two promos circle around Axl, Slash and Duff so I believe we will get to see them in the same room sharing past experiences and upcoming plans. This would be fucking huge as it will make the first interview with Axl and Slash together since the reunion happened (we may have to go back to 1991??..when's the last time Axl and Slash did an interview together??). Maybe they will take in questions from the people in the studio or even questions from callers...

You heard it here first  smoking

Interesting speculation for sure.

The only thing that makes me think it might NOT be live dates is the method of announcement. We've had promo posters, slow drip of information, rumours- none of that has happened this time. There's been hype and mystery, so more live dates would seem (to many) a let down.

Having said that- he other options seem unlikely to me. Your suggestion of an interview I don't think wold garner this amount of hype and attention. An album of course would, but I just can't see that happening. Live album- that's a big possibility.

I'm still thinking that it will be live dates- in LA. That yellow poster has been up for ages, and must mean something. It's been seen nowhere else (to my knowledge) so it's location must be important. Likewise with the radio station's announcement. If it is live dates though, they'll be something different I think. A tour finale and/or AFD anniversary dates in LA is my guess.

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #5349 on: May 21, 2017, 11:08:34 AM »

I'm still thinking that it will be live dates- in LA. That yellow poster has been up for ages, and must mean something. It's been seen nowhere else (to my knowledge) so it's location must be important. Likewise with the radio station's announcement. If it is live dates though, they'll be something different I think. A tour finale and/or AFD anniversary dates in LA is my guess.

I edited my post. I think we'll get an announcement for AFD's 30 year anniversary. It fits in with the tour schedule etc. And the posters in LA, make a whole lot of sense...

So, I'm almost possitive on July 21st there will be ONE show in LA to celebrate AFD's 30th.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5350 on: May 21, 2017, 11:27:26 AM »

I edited my post. I think we'll get an announcement for AFD's 30 year anniversary. It fits in with the tour schedule etc. And the posters in LA, make a whole lot of sense...

So, I'm almost possitive on July 21st there will be ONE show in LA to celebrate AFD's 30th.

I think that's the most likely scenario yeah. I was also wondering at the possibility of them announcing that playing AFD in full would form part of the upcoming tour.

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #5351 on: May 21, 2017, 11:51:56 AM »

I think that's the most likely scenario yeah. I was also wondering at the possibility of them announcing that playing AFD in full would form part of the upcoming tour.

I think they will announce one show only. I don't think playing AFD in full will be part of the upcoming tour, although things could change as the tour progresses.

If they play one show only in LA, I'm pretty sure they will bring special guests as well. Sure Steven Adler, (hopefully -- although wishful thinking) Izzy, some potential guest spots could be Sebastian Bach, Lars Ulrich, Billie Joe Armstrong (after all, Green Day inducted GNR at the hall of fame...)

« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 12:00:43 PM by Ignatius » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5352 on: May 21, 2017, 12:06:19 PM »

I think they will announce one show only. I don't think playing AFD in full will be part of the upcoming tour, although things could change as the tour progresses.

If they play one show only in LA, I'm pretty sure they will bring special guests as well. Sure Steven Adler, (hopefully -- although wishful thinking) Izzy, some potential guest spots could be Sebastian Bach, Lars Ulrich, Billie Joe Armstrong (after all, Green Day inducted GNR at the hall of fame...)

Some sort of party celebrating AFD, featuring people connected to the band throughout the years, I can see that happening. I'm a bit curious about Izzy though, what is his present feelings towards the band?

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5353 on: May 21, 2017, 12:12:51 PM »

Some sort of party celebrating AFD, featuring people connected to the band throughout the years, I can see that happening. I'm a bit curious about Izzy though, what is his present feelings towards the band?

Heck, we don't even know Slash, Duff or even Axl's feelings towards the band, let alone Izzy!

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5354 on: May 21, 2017, 12:21:13 PM »

The first tour date listed is: May 27th, 2017 Co. Meath, Ireland @ Slane Castle

This is from the end of the 2nd video:

Twin Peaks new episodes are set for that date...
 Grin

Twin Peaks new episodes start tonight, Sunday, May 21st in the USA so you'll have to settle on Wednesday's announcement being for just a new single or album or just some random 30th anniversary thing.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5355 on: May 21, 2017, 12:35:56 PM »

Heck, we don't even know Slash, Duff or even Axl's feelings towards the band, let alone Izzy!

Not completely no, but at least they're together playing shows.

I was more thinking of Izzy's remark about the reunion last year. Is he on good terms with the guys? Will he be ok doing a one-off AFD show, and then see the three of them continue touring after that?

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5356 on: May 21, 2017, 01:08:28 PM »

If the money's right, I reckon he'd be all over it.

That knife makes me think a bit - was that a parting gift for Fortus? A thank-you for stepping aside for a few shows?

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5357 on: May 21, 2017, 02:20:35 PM »

They will make something special about the AFD's 30th Anniversary. Maybe it will be announced first at KLOS? Maybe a special gig with the original 5?

I wouldn't think it's about new music. The GNR Facebook post links to the tour section of the site.

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #5358 on: May 21, 2017, 02:27:32 PM »

That knife makes me think a bit - was that a parting gift for Fortus? A thank-you for stepping aside for a few shows?
Izzy on board?
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #5359 on: May 21, 2017, 02:40:20 PM »

Izzy on board?
Depends on how many beans he will get.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R