Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:49:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1458207 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5380 on: May 22, 2017, 01:56:01 PM »

Yeah, Live Nation jumping on the band wagon to promote this is pretty telling.  Don't think they'd give much of a hoot about new music/single.  Looks to be some kind of show(s) announcement.

Fawk.  Undecided
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5381 on: May 22, 2017, 01:58:53 PM »

Wait...what?  What the hell is this Wedensday??

Just saw it on my FB feed.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5382 on: May 22, 2017, 02:00:19 PM »

Tell you what we need.  We need us some remastered albums.

Not remixed or re-recorded, just remastered with better sound.  Lot of advancements in 30 years.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5383 on: May 22, 2017, 02:00:54 PM »

GNR were teasing some kind of an announcement for Wednesday in a special promo video.  There was all kinds of speculation as to what it could mean for the band.  Then Live Nation released their own promo tease.  Which is a bit of a spoiler, since they're in the market of selling concert tickets and not much else. Looks to be some kind of show or extra dates announcement Undecided
matty29
Headliner

« Reply #5384 on: May 22, 2017, 02:04:18 PM »

GNR were teasing some kind of an announcement for Wednesday in a special promo video.  There was all kinds of speculation as to what it could mean for the band.  Then Live Nation released their own promo tease.  Which is a bit of a spoiler, since they're in the market of selling concert tickets and not much else. Looks to be some kind of show or extra dates announcement Undecided

This is the URL from the live nation tweet.  It then redirects to the general tour page.  Not the words "anniversary" rather than not in this lifetime and "tour" as opposed to show. 

https://www.livenation.com/artists/53406/guns-n-roses?c=LNSM_National_TWT_GunsNRoses_AnniversaryVideo_Tour_20170522
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5385 on: May 22, 2017, 02:05:11 PM »

Where you been? It's been speculation-heaven round these parts!

Izzy's back, Steven's back, new single, new album, AFD anniversary show, AFD deluxe reissue, end of the band, new tour, new shows, secret shows, Fortus is off, Greatest hits coming out, live DVD coming out......ummmm- think I've got everything covered there!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #5386 on: May 22, 2017, 02:05:35 PM »

Based on the Facebook posts it looks like a surprise warm up show in Los Angeles.  Maybe a Jimmy Kimmel appearance ? Those are my guesses anyway.  
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5387 on: May 22, 2017, 02:06:50 PM »

Based on the Facebook posts it looks like a surprise warm up show in Los Angeles.  Maybe a Jimmy Kimmel appearance ? Those are my guesses anyway.  

But the tour starts on Saturday.  Not a lot of time.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5388 on: May 22, 2017, 02:10:34 PM »

I wouldn't base anything in Facebook posts! No way are they doing a warm up show in LA then racing across the pond to Dublin in just under two days. What would be the point? Cutting it too fine, factor in flight times, the time differences and jetlag- no chance.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5389 on: May 22, 2017, 02:13:01 PM »

I think when you factor in Live Nation's involvement it's pretty clear there's going to be either a tour extension announcement or AFD30 shows for July. Maybe both, but likely nothing more. 
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5390 on: May 22, 2017, 02:13:51 PM »

I'd say that Live Nation link settles it. When you hit it and quickly look at the URL - it says 'anniversary tour' before it changes.

That's what we're getting. An Appetite anniversary tour. In America though? Someone was saying the American dates already announced haven't sold amazingly well, so more dates would be pushing it surely? Unless those dates become the Anniversary shows of course, in order to shift tickets?

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5391 on: May 22, 2017, 02:14:24 PM »

I think when you factor in Live Nation's involvement it's pretty clear there's going to be either a tour extension announcement or AFD30 shows for July. Maybe both, but likely nothing more. 

Definitely.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #5392 on: May 22, 2017, 02:14:30 PM »

I think that's enough time to pull it off.  Not practical but def enough time
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #5393 on: May 22, 2017, 02:17:56 PM »

Maybe. Jimmy Kimmel With Axl and Slash? or Residence in LA ?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:58:57 PM by Slashrose » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5394 on: May 22, 2017, 02:18:27 PM »

Possibly- but bear in mind they prefer to have three days off between venues, and I can't see it happening. It's too hyped for a surprise show too.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5395 on: May 22, 2017, 02:19:42 PM »

The NA tour which starts in late July.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5396 on: May 22, 2017, 02:21:18 PM »

A club tour of the Sunset strip?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #5397 on: May 22, 2017, 02:25:32 PM »

Possibly- but bear in mind they prefer to have three days off between venues, and I can't see it happening. It's too hyped for a surprise show too.

Yeah it is definitely too hyped to be something local and not be  something that everyone can take part in.  That's what made me think of Kimmel because that's something we can all see.  Unless of course they live stream a surprise show.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5398 on: May 22, 2017, 02:26:01 PM »

A club tour of the Sunset strip?

Could be.  That SoCal station was hyping a big announcement, so it could be something special for the Strip.  The language of "taking it back to where it all began" in that promo was a bit telling.  Which is cool in it's concept.  But it's still an abbreviated version of the show we've been seeing for the past year plus change. That is, unless it's the AFD5 for an agreed upon number of Hollywood shows.  But I'm not even sure what the likelihood of that happening is.

I'm still hoping that perhaps this announcement bares the one-two punch of more shows AND new music.  But I think the former is all that's in the cards.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5399 on: May 22, 2017, 02:27:51 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses/videos/10155380298083069/

'Back to where it all began'

So, a one/a run of shows in LA, for the Appetite anniversary, surely?

Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: