Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:07:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1458380 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5400 on: May 22, 2017, 02:28:42 PM »

If there are some "special show(s)", I hope for a live stream of sorts.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5401 on: May 22, 2017, 02:29:16 PM »

I think when you factor in Live Nation's involvement it's pretty clear there's going to be either a tour extension announcement or AFD30 shows for July. Maybe both, but likely nothing more. 

A club tour of the Sunset strip?

Could be.  That SoCal station was hyping a big announcement, so it could be something special for the Strip.  The language of "taking it back to where it all began" in that promo was a bit telling.  Which is cool in it's concept.  But it's still an abbreviated version of the show we've been seeing for the past year plus change. That is, unless it's the AFD5 for an agreed upon number of Hollywood shows.  But I'm not even sure what the likelihood of that happening is.

I'm still hoping that perhaps this announcement bares the one-two punch of more shows AND new music.  But I think the former is all that's in the cards.

Chances of an Appetite reissue/live album are strong though- not that you'd class that as 'new', but it would be something.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5402 on: May 22, 2017, 02:32:19 PM »

I think when you factor in Live Nation's involvement it's pretty clear there's going to be either a tour extension announcement or AFD30 shows for July. Maybe both, but likely nothing more. 

Could be.  That SoCal station was hyping a big announcement, so it could be something special for the Strip.  The language of "taking it back to where it all began" in that promo was a bit telling.  Which is cool in it's concept.  But it's still an abbreviated version of the show we've been seeing for the past year plus change. That is, unless it's the AFD5 for an agreed upon number of Hollywood shows.  But I'm not even sure what the likelihood of that happening is.

I'm still hoping that perhaps this announcement bares the one-two punch of more shows AND new music.  But I think the former is all that's in the cards.

Chances of an Appetite reissue/live album are strong though- not that you'd class that as 'new', but it would be something.

I guess it's better than nothing. But then I've never been huge into "re-masters" unless there's bonus tracks.  It's been nearly a decade since Chi Dem dropped, and over 11 years since a third of it leaked.  Shame on me, but I was really hoping this meant new music.  Still cool though, and this announcement still has the potential to be Earth-shaking if it involves the AFD5.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5403 on: May 22, 2017, 02:39:59 PM »

I guess it's better than nothing. But then I've never been huge into "re-masters" unless there's bonus tracks.  It's been nearly a decade since Chi Dem dropped, and over 11 years since a third of it leaked.  Shame on me, but I was really hoping this meant new music.  Still cool though, and this announcement still has the potential to be Earth-shaking if it involves the AFD5.

I've got no interest in re-masters (I usually like the way an album sounded originally, otherwise, well, I wouldn't have liked it in the first place!) but if there's enough bonus material, the package is good, then yeah sign me up. Whether there is enough material to constitute a decent bonus package though is debatable. The Ritz show maybe? The Marquee? Both widely bootlegged of course, but I guess they could form part of any package.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5404 on: May 22, 2017, 02:47:26 PM »

Ok, pay attention to the wording in the video.

In the beginning of the video:

"In April 2016..."   -->   "It all began"   -->   "With the kickoff at Tower Records"

At the end of the video:

"Now they're coming back home"   -->   "Where it all began"

Could it be something to do with Tower Records?

Bands have played there before right, outside. On the roof?

Tower Records would fit with it being an anniversary of AFD as well, since it's a record.

Sweetness is a virtue
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #5405 on: May 22, 2017, 02:50:13 PM »

Im still thinking a live performance of some sort, and it's looking like it will be at Tower Records.  That would involve all kinds of permits so you would think it would have leaked out by now. 
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5406 on: May 22, 2017, 02:52:28 PM »

Im still thinking a live performance of some sort, and it's looking like it will be at Tower Records.  That would involve all kinds of permits so you would think it would have leaked out by now. 

The permits involved on April 1 of last year didn't leak.

I remember the police said it had been planned for weeks.

Sweetness is a virtue
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5407 on: May 22, 2017, 03:01:22 PM »

I'm surprised more people are not freaking out over this. If it's a one off show of the appetite line up that would be incredible. Just hope to god there's footage maybe a DVD.. wishful thinking ha
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5408 on: May 22, 2017, 03:03:33 PM »

But were permits needed last time? Essentially that was a gig at a music venue. If this is on the roof of Tower for example, surely that would mean different sorts of permission?

I'm surprised nothing has leaked so far- which makes me think it might not be a tour. Usually something gets out, somewhere , if a few venues are involved. It's crazy that we've got no leaks whatsoever, whatever is going on!

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5409 on: May 22, 2017, 03:06:08 PM »

But were permits needed last time? Essentially that was a gig at a music venue. If this is on the roof of Tower for example, surely that would mean different sorts of permission?

I'm surprised nothing has leaked so far- which makes me think it might not be a tour. Usually something gets out, somewhere , if a few venues are involved. It's crazy that we've got no leaks whatsoever, whatever is going on!

Ok, not sure about permits, but I'm talking about the organization that took to hold the event at Tower Records. The police was involved in the planning weeks before April 1.

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5410 on: May 22, 2017, 03:07:36 PM »

Ok, not sure about permits, but I'm talking about the organization that took to hold the event at Tower Records. The police was involved in the planning weeks before April 1.

It's a fair point, but as I recall there were pretty heavy rumours last time weren't there? This time- nothing. Anywhere outside of our speculation.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5411 on: May 22, 2017, 03:09:02 PM »

It's a fair point, but as I recall there were pretty heavy rumours last time weren't there? This time- nothing. Anywhere outside of our speculation.

But the rumors of something happening at Tower Records only started the night before. And that was because people had observed some unusual activity there.

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5412 on: May 22, 2017, 03:11:21 PM »

Again, fair point.

So, if you were betting, you'd go for some sort of event centered around Tower?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5413 on: May 22, 2017, 03:15:20 PM »

Again, fair point.

So, if you were betting, you'd go for some sort of event centered around Tower?

Not sure at all...

But the celebration of a record being 30 years old, what better place to do that than at a record store.... a closed one, but still.

Sweetness is a virtue
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #5414 on: May 22, 2017, 03:17:56 PM »

Didnt Tower Records close down in 2006?

Im a missing something?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5415 on: May 22, 2017, 03:18:58 PM »

Why is nobody noticing they using Get in the Ring? Why would they use Get in the Ring for an AFD's Anniversary theme gig?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5416 on: May 22, 2017, 03:19:49 PM »

Im a missing something?

It's closed yes.

But still an iconic building, owned by Gibson I think.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5417 on: May 22, 2017, 03:20:26 PM »

Why is nobody noticing they using Get in the Ring? Why would they use Get in the Ring for an AFD's Anniversary theme gig?

A good catch phrase for the promo maybe?

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5418 on: May 22, 2017, 03:22:00 PM »

I didn't read too much into that- other than the fact it's my favourite GNR song and I thought 'damn, I wish they'd play that live!' of course!

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #5419 on: May 22, 2017, 03:22:45 PM »

Im a missing something?

It's closed yes.

But still an iconic building, owned by Gibson I think.
I see,

Was the ticket sale for the Aprilfools day  Troubadour gig in that Gibson/Tower Records building?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »