Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:50:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1458546 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5420 on: May 22, 2017, 03:24:18 PM »

Didnt Tower Records close down in 2006?

Im a missing something?

It's closed yes.

But still an iconic building, owned by Gibson I think.
I see,

Was the ticket sale for the Aprilfools day  Troubadour gig in that Gibson/Tower Records building?

Yes.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #5421 on: May 22, 2017, 03:24:33 PM »

Why is nobody noticing they using Get in the Ring? Why would they use Get in the Ring for an AFD's Anniversary theme gig?

A good catch phrase for the promo maybe?

I agree, but damn, how far is LIVE NATION involved with this? Possibly some extra shows, nothing more
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5422 on: May 22, 2017, 03:26:43 PM »

Live Nation wouldn't be involved if it was anything other than shows, I think it's fair to say.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5423 on: May 22, 2017, 03:27:48 PM »

Why is nobody noticing they using Get in the Ring? Why would they use Get in the Ring for an AFD's Anniversary theme gig?

I agree, but damn, how far is LIVE NATION involved with this? Possibly some extra shows, nothing more

Someone at mygnr made a good point. If it's just a small show, what's in it for LN to bother with much promotion... probably not much revenue in just a small gig.

But I'm thinking... if they are producing a PPV as well, that could generate quite a bit of money.

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5424 on: May 22, 2017, 03:31:16 PM »

Someone at mygnr made a good point. If it's just a small show, what's in it for LN to bother with much promotion... probably not much revenue in just a small gig.

But I'm thinking... if they are producing a PPV as well, that could generate quite a bit of money.

Very good point. They wouldn't be bothering to this level if the show was small I don't think. Big dates. LA. In July, or end of tour. That's my guess.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
wakeup
Headliner

« Reply #5425 on: May 22, 2017, 03:35:15 PM »

Now if someone local could just do a walk around the tower records.  If something is going to happen there should be activity in/around the building soon Smiley
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5426 on: May 22, 2017, 03:36:48 PM »

Now if someone local could just do a walk around the tower records.  If something is going to happen there should be activity in/around the building soon Smiley

Personally I think May 24 will be an announcement day.

Whatever happens, will happen around July 21.

Sweetness is a virtue
Ericnor
Rocker

« Reply #5427 on: May 22, 2017, 03:41:08 PM »

I just saw that last Facebook promo. Got me thinking, something is happening Wednesday. Something "bigger" than what many of us soberly expect.  Really excited actually  Smiley

-E

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5428 on: May 22, 2017, 03:49:24 PM »

I just saw that last Facebook promo. Got me thinking, something is happening Wednesday. Something "bigger" than what many of us soberly expect.  Really excited actually  Smiley

-E

Guesses? I'm pretty convinced it's live shows in LA following the Live Nation involvement, and that link. I can't see it being anything else now.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5429 on: May 22, 2017, 03:51:27 PM »

-E

Guesses? I'm pretty convinced it's live shows in LA following the Live Nation involvement, and that link. I can't see it being anything else now.

Four nights at The Forum?

Sweetness is a virtue
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5430 on: May 22, 2017, 03:54:33 PM »

I just think it's odd. At first it got me thinking about the press.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5431 on: May 22, 2017, 03:55:26 PM »

Like a slight against them, or in terms of an interview or press conference?

Sweetness is a virtue
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5432 on: May 22, 2017, 04:43:33 PM »

Like a slight against them, or in terms of an interview or press conference?
More likely press conference. But I assume Im reading too much into it.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5433 on: May 22, 2017, 05:07:13 PM »

Just another (of 100s at this point) thought...

How this could be new music related and still being of interest to Live Nation? - If LN got a deal on promoting a tour supporting a new album...

Not the most probable theory though.

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5434 on: May 22, 2017, 05:09:07 PM »

How this could be new music related and still being of interest to Live Nation? - If LN got a deal on promoting a tour supporting a new album...

I'll bare my arse in Starbucks if it's new music. No chance I don't think.

Could be an Appetite Deluxe though, to tie in with an anniversary show.

Jsz
Opening Act

« Reply #5435 on: May 22, 2017, 05:19:43 PM »

Ill drive up by Tower Records tomorrow AM to see if anything interesting is going on + check out that billboard (its 2 blocks from Tower.)  Unless of course someone beats me to it...

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5436 on: May 22, 2017, 05:46:24 PM »

It is not new music. But we maybe have a special gig in LA and some other announcement like an AFD anniversary remaster.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5437 on: May 22, 2017, 07:33:02 PM »

How this could be new music related and still being of interest to Live Nation?

Everything I hear is that this next North American leg is not selling nearly as well as the first one. They could be further pushing whatever hype gets produced by this announcement to funnel interest back to the tour page for ticket sales.

I don't find it likely, but there is a business justification for them getting behind an album or a single.
Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #5438 on: May 22, 2017, 07:48:57 PM »

Everything I hear is that this next North American leg is not selling nearly as well as the first one. They could be further pushing whatever hype gets produced by this announcement to funnel interest back to the tour page for ticket sales.

This is what I'm thinking as well. The summer US tour is not selling well so maybe a "rebranding" of the tour into an AFD 30th tour would help sell tickets.

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5439 on: May 22, 2017, 07:59:51 PM »

This is what I'm thinking as well. The summer US tour is not selling well so maybe a "rebranding" of the tour into an AFD 30th tour would help sell tickets.

Yeah, odd the video timeline stopped right after Israel, as if the U.S. leg *hadn't* already been announced.  Perhaps you're correct about them rebranding to help ailing ticket sales. Seem like they'll try anything BUT new music to help keep things afloat.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: