Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:17:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1458179 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5520 on: May 25, 2017, 08:58:25 AM »

I did not get my presale code.  Did you all?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5521 on: May 25, 2017, 09:29:15 AM »

I expected it yet I'm still pissed off, not sure how that works. Can't believe some of you didn't get pre sale codes that is actually horrendous considering you've signed up. I would lose my shit.

Flying from Manchester to slane tomorrow bit nervous with all that has gone on, bit close to home, hopefully all will be fine and I get to enjoy the show.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #5522 on: May 25, 2017, 09:35:48 AM »

This can't be it. Sure it's great to add more dates to the US tour, but I don't think they will have gone this far with all these videos to announce more dates?!

There's gotta be something else. Maybe we won't hear it today, maybe not tomorrow...but there's gotta be more than this.

I still think they are planning to do something special for July 21st. I'm almost certain we will see a AFD's 30th year anniversary special show in LA.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5523 on: May 25, 2017, 09:40:23 AM »

Yep. I knew it would be our fault for getting excited over our favourite band promising the whole world something 'big' through facebook videos, radio station announcements and so on. What is 'big' is apparently a handful of new dates in North America only...

Unbelievable! 'The most dangerous band in the world?' Lol.

No one is placing "blame", but...that's an awful defensive response to an off the cuff remark.

Getting excited is fine.

But the fact of the matter is...it's true.  Nobody and nothing ever alluded or insinuated it would be more.  No leaks or other information pointed to a release of new material. Right? No band member alluded to an upcoming release of material (DVD, music, or otherwise)? We've seen very few signs they're recording (other than the Slash studio pic recently). Right?  So other than a hope and a a dream...what made you think it would be something other than new shows? I thought the "Return to where it all began" thing was pretty telling...YMMV.

So, sure, you could have a wide range of "what if" scenarios rolling around in your brain. And you can prefer some of them to others. But to get all in a huff because the one you hoped against hope was going to be true? Yeah, that's whipping yourself into a frenzy....and taking the piss out of the band because they didn't meet your made up, with no other backing evidence, scenario is...IDK...odd?

Disappointment I get. I think everyone would have loved to see it be a single or album or AFD30 or DVD release.  BUT WE MADE UP THOSE POSSIBILITIES.  Collectively.  Holding the band to them and getting all bent out of shape because their announcement didn't live up to them? Ummmmmmmm..... Huh??

It really is true: When they're silent, they get the piss taken out of them.  When they're active, people bitch about set lists.  When they're engaging the fan base about something "new" coming....when it's not whatever "new" thing the fan base thinks they should do this week, they get the piss taken out of them some more.

Jesus....I'm getting really tired of saying "I told you so".....but this band can not win with some elements of this fan base. Can. Not.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5524 on: May 25, 2017, 09:42:50 AM »

I pity no one who was a pie in the sky dreamer with totally unrealistic expectations.

Read the room, people.  It's been 20 fucking years now.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5525 on: May 25, 2017, 09:51:16 AM »

I did not get my presale code.  Did you all?

Yup, signed into gunsnroses.com with my Nightrain id and it's there, too (Clicking on Presale Info).

BUT, having said that, I opted for the $85 physical version (rather than the online only version) after mine lapsed a couple months back.  I didn't renew.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5526 on: May 25, 2017, 09:53:20 AM »

I pity no one who was a pie in the sky dreamer with totally unrealistic expectations.

We actually agree on this, pretty much.

Together again,
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #5527 on: May 25, 2017, 09:59:00 AM »

I've been a fan since 1989...seen it all (GNR related).

This is however really unexpected as there were reasons to get excited. Did you actually think for one second the announcement was going to be more dates?!?  I seriously doubt that. Not after the videos and shit. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

We weren't just speculating if we were going to see a pink unicorn out of the blue today...we were speculating based on some "hype" from the band after more than one year since NITL began.

I still believe there's more coming.... (and hopefully no more dates)

izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #5528 on: May 25, 2017, 09:59:15 AM »

You guys are cracking me up with your speculations.  hihi
Then again I thought the same thing back when there was talking about the reunion so I guess the joke is also on me.  Wink
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5529 on: May 25, 2017, 10:08:12 AM »

This is however really unexpected as there were reasons to get excited. Did you actually think for one second the announcement was going to be more dates?!?  I seriously doubt that. Not after the videos and shit. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

We weren't just speculating if we were going to see a pink unicorn out of the blue today...we were speculating based on some "hype" from the band after more than one year since NITL began.

I 100% expected it would be more dates.

I said as much yesterday.

Together again,
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5530 on: May 25, 2017, 10:09:10 AM »

I maintain my stance that is a massive ball-ups from them. We can discuss the whys and wherefores of it all, and expectations, but the reality is that they're getting shredded by fans and very few people seem interested in new shows. That's a real shame- and it's the result of over-hyping something that shouldn't have been hyped so much.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5531 on: May 25, 2017, 10:25:40 AM »

I've worked in PR before, and honestly, its regarded as a major problem if you over-hype something then disappoint. That's the ball that's been dropped here, and it's not entirely the fans fault. Speculation was always going to happen with those videos- and when that went crazy, it also could have been tempered a bit by solid and strong hints it was more dates we were talking about.

It's the core fanbase that they've pissed off with this- and while it's the casuals that are putting arses on seats to some extent at the moment, it's the core fans that ensure any sort of longer term viability. Some of the opinions I'm reading on this are pretty shocking really- and that's from fans invested enough to be visiting a GNR forum!
This.

Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #5532 on: May 25, 2017, 10:25:44 AM »

haha so much speculating and hype for a few more US dates  rofl

It's funny though...because that's pretty much exactly what I was expecting.....

The fandom sorta whipped itself into a frenzy.

Yep. I knew it would be our fault for getting excited over our favourite band promising the whole world something 'big' through facebook videos, radio station announcements and so on. What is 'big' is apparently a handful of new dates in North America only...

Unbelievable! 'The most dangerous band in the world?' Lol.

I was really excited about these videos, and was disappointed that they just added new dates. I was really hoping for something new, maybe a song, an official release, but it seems to me that Chris Pittman was right. I hope you at least play some music that was not on the setlist.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #5533 on: May 25, 2017, 10:31:28 AM »

I've worked in PR before, and honestly, its regarded as a major problem if you over-hype something then disappoint. That's the ball that's been dropped here, and it's not entirely the fans fault. Speculation was always going to happen with those videos- and when that went crazy, it also could have been tempered a bit by solid and strong hints it was more dates we were talking about.

It's the core fanbase that they've pissed off with this- and while it's the casuals that are putting arses on seats to some extent at the moment, it's the core fans that ensure any sort of longer term viability. Some of the opinions I'm reading on this are pretty shocking really- and that's from fans invested enough to be visiting a GNR forum!
This.
I feel that the hype is starting to wear out - a bit. there's still huge portion of "fat" to be milked. some NorthAm dates for sure, also SouthAm tour is always a success. but, I think that's it. even more touring without any release will quickly cease to be interesting, as the nostalgia thing goes out of all nostalgia and even the casuals realise, that the king is naked.

Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #5534 on: May 25, 2017, 10:36:21 AM »

This.
I feel that the hype is starting to wear out - a bit. there's still huge portion of "fat" to be milked. some NorthAm dates for sure, also SouthAm tour is always a success. but, I think that's it. even more touring without any release will quickly cease to be interesting, as the nostalgia thing goes out of all nostalgia and even the casuals realise, that the king is naked.

That's it, soon all the hype becomes irrelevant
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5535 on: May 25, 2017, 10:49:04 AM »

Europe is still really excited (I certainly am!) because we haven't seen the tour yet of course.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #5536 on: May 25, 2017, 10:56:09 AM »

Europe is still really excited (I certainly am!) because we haven't seen the tour yet of course.

Yes!

I'm going to see them in 10 days in Madrid. It's the most excited I've been about going to a show since 1993! I'm going to enjoy every single minute of it. Who would've told me 18 months ago I was going to see Axl, Slash and Duff sharing the stage again. It will be a very special night for me.

Having said that, and as you pointed out earlier, I expected they were going to deliver a massive announcement today as the expectations were really high. I never expected "new music" but I wanted something more than just more...dates.

(Still believe we have another announcement for July 21st though)

Anyhow, can't really be that dissapointed after all what's happened in the past 18 months. So bring it on Europe!
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #5537 on: May 25, 2017, 10:58:07 AM »

This.

That's it, soon all the hype becomes irrelevant

At some point, you have to do something new...and new promos announcing more shows doesn't count. 
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #5538 on: May 25, 2017, 11:00:38 AM »

Anyhow, can't really be that dissapointed after all what's happened in the past 18 months. So bring it on Europe!

This.  Wink

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #5539 on: May 25, 2017, 11:38:14 AM »

This.

This.  Wink

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: