Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:43:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1452318 times)
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #5580 on: January 23, 2018, 11:53:22 AM »

Yep, the so called "pizza"....

Come to Italy guys, trust me  Grin

You have Arni's pizza from Lafayette, Indiana there too?  Shocked

/jarmo

Lol.. I have naples pizza  hihi..Anyway I don't think a true italian pizza could ever be in my top 10  food, so think about a frozen pizza...Probably not even in my top 1000 hihi hihi . Here in Italy we struggle with many things, but food quality it's pretty untouchable and just watching at that picture I know how that thing could taste and the quality of the ingredients... Look at the perfect cut: mozzarella (or "similar", maybe it's just cheese  hihi) stucks on the surface of that thin hard crust while quality mozzarella should at least fall down a little ... tomato is crumpy  hihi hihi. If u go here in a supermarket u can find that kind of "pizza" too  Grin Grin... I don't think it's that good, but Axl is Axl and me is me, maybe i'll give it a try if i'll go to lafayette one day  and maybe i'll change my mind Grin

Btw i tasted the worst "pizza" ever in Madrid at "La tagliatella" (LOL at me, but it was late and i was hungry), wow that was really pathetic!!!. The funny thing is that if u look at tripadvisor everybody is happy about that restaurant..everybody but (true) italian people...wonder why  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Don't go there for any reason  ffs!!!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 01:20:18 PM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5581 on: January 23, 2018, 12:44:26 PM »

My point was that taste is subjective. I suspect that Axl's been to Italy and possibly tried pizza there....  hihi

But there's nothing like getting something from your hometown.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #5582 on: January 23, 2018, 01:18:42 PM »

/jarmo

Can't argue with that ok
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #5583 on: January 23, 2018, 03:02:28 PM »

The worst pizza ever was in Milano. I'm a seasoned traveller and knew to walk far away from the cathedral.

Clearly it wasn't far enough though rant beer
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5584 on: January 23, 2018, 04:19:12 PM »

Italy makes the best pizza in the world, in my view! No contest!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5585 on: January 23, 2018, 07:39:44 PM »

/jarmo

Can't argue with that ok

You most definitely can argue with that!!!  rant
There's no way that a partially cooked pizza, frozen and shipped then reheated on a cookie sheet in a regular oven can taste anywhere near as good as if you are eating it fresh-made local in nyc... or lafayette... or italy!!!

Dearest Beta:  Domino's Delivers!!! Save an Arni's box, leave it on the counter in eyesight, slide a large, thin-crust with extra cheese Domino's on to that cookie sheet (it's already cut like you were doing).  Nobody will be the wiser!!!.  Lips Sealed

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5586 on: January 23, 2018, 09:37:02 PM »

I haven't been to Italy, yet. However, the best pizzas in the States are in North NJ.   Grin
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #5587 on: January 24, 2018, 11:12:42 PM »

I haven't been to Italy, yet. However, the best pizzas in the States are in North NJ.   Grin

Which is full of Italian-Americans.   hihi
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5588 on: January 25, 2018, 09:13:17 AM »

There's no way that a partially cooked pizza, frozen and shipped then reheated on a cookie sheet in a regular oven can taste anywhere near as good as if you are eating it fresh-made local in nyc... or lafayette... or italy!!!

Actually, the process of partially cooking it makes a huge difference because you are getting the flavor from how 'seasoned' the pizza pans and pizza ovens are at that location you get it from. A place like Arnie's that's been open as long as it has, or the Lynwood (the Whitehouse example I gave) has a super distinct taste that a similar newer restaurant using the same ingredients can't get. If I hadn't tried this exact thing I would agree with you, but it's really like being back home or back in time eating a piece of pizza.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5589 on: January 25, 2018, 12:17:15 PM »

I wonder how you can tell it's all quiet in GNR world?!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5590 on: January 25, 2018, 05:19:45 PM »

Here Today... Gone To Hell!
Summer is coming....

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #5591 on: January 25, 2018, 07:20:45 PM »

I wonder how you can tell it's all quiet in GNR world?!

Hey, come on. I don't know what the evolution did to Homo Sapiens but we need to eat three meals a day.

Whereas some crocodiles and many others can go without a pizza for a month or two Angry

I've got a ticket to Berlin, which is 128 days to go. So I have 384 meals to go. Impossible to say how many pizzas that will include but something in the region of a dozen or two ok
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5592 on: January 25, 2018, 09:16:46 PM »

Which is full of Italian-Americans.   hihi

Exactly! Grin
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #5593 on: January 26, 2018, 04:40:58 AM »

I remember that article about Arni's pizzas and Axl's visit in 92 :

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/history/2014/10/23/archives-axlrose-arnis/17769821/

looks good to me

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #5594 on: January 26, 2018, 06:07:28 PM »

/jarmo

Can't argue with that ok

Dearest Beta:  Domino's Delivers!!! Save an Arni's box, leave it on the counter in eyesight, slide a large, thin-crust with extra cheese Domino's on to that cookie sheet (it's already cut like you were doing).  Nobody will be the wiser!!!.  Lips Sealed

"It's not nice to fool mother nature" or Axl Rose.  Cheesy

https://youtu.be/LLrTPrp-fW8

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #5595 on: January 28, 2018, 01:58:08 AM »

Well, if I ever find myself in Lafayette, IN for some inexplicable reason, I'll have to give it a try and make an official determination. Cool

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5596 on: February 13, 2018, 01:00:28 PM »

Don't know if it's something that needs a comment but I'm boring anyways. Slash just updated his Facebook profile with this. Let the rumors begin. Cheesy

"...It don't really matter..."
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #5597 on: March 04, 2018, 06:59:57 AM »

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned here http://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-melania-trump/?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=newsletter_4572276
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5598 on: March 04, 2018, 11:30:41 AM »

I would love to see some of this political anger channeled into new music. A political aspect could be vital to any new nusic they produce ib terms of keeping it passoinate.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #5599 on: March 04, 2018, 03:25:50 PM »

Rose's Twitter followers responded with a mix of agreement, admiration for his outspokenness, criticism and even questions about his sobriety.

hihi

I'd call him drunk on this one.  And for me, it's always hard to take someone like Axl seriously, given that he dropped out of high school and admits that he's never voted.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: