Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:37:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1458062 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5600 on: March 04, 2018, 05:23:37 PM »

Rose's Twitter followers responded with a mix of agreement, admiration for his outspokenness, criticism and even questions about his sobriety.

hihi

I'd call him drunk on this one.  And for me, it's always hard to take someone like Axl seriously, given that he dropped out of high school and admits that he's never voted.

I don't think dropping out of high school has any bearing whatsoever on anything. It's no indication of intelligence whatsoever.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #5601 on: March 04, 2018, 05:49:24 PM »

Say what you want about Axls comments.
Bottom line is, he is telling the truth.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #5602 on: March 04, 2018, 08:15:38 PM »

I don't think dropping out of high school has any bearing whatsoever on anything. It's no indication of intelligence whatsoever.

Quite the contrary.  It is typically a very strong indication of one's intelligence.  Granted, Axl is an intelligent man, but for every one high school dropout who is intelligent, there are about 10 million who aren't.  It is highly atypical that intelligent people drop out.

Let's see Axl run for senate if he has such strong political viewpoints and cares about this country so much.  Oh that's right, he is too busy sinking to the level of every other celebrity -- he's writing badly misspelled rants on twitter that appeal only to some of his followers (while alienating others), which only results in those followers making equally as constructive comments such as "yay axl!" and "yo u r rite dued!"

Ah, I can feel the world changing now.   Tongue
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 09:23:50 PM by Bridge » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5603 on: March 05, 2018, 04:30:03 AM »

Quite the contrary.  It is typically a very strong indication of one's intelligence.  Granted, Axl is an intelligent man, but for every one high school dropout who is intelligent, there are about 10 million who aren't.  It is highly atypical that intelligent people drop out.

Let's see Axl run for senate if he has such strong political viewpoints and cares about this country so much.  Oh that's right, he is too busy sinking to the level of every other celebrity -- he's writing badly misspelled rants on twitter that appeal only to some of his followers (while alienating others), which only results in those followers making equally as constructive comments such as "yay axl!" and "yo u r rite dued!"

So someone who made a mistake when a teenager isn't allowed to express a viewpoint? What an arrogant thing to say. And only those who wish to run for senate can express their views on politics? You do realize your views are exaxtly the sort if thing that dictatorships run on right?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #5604 on: March 05, 2018, 12:46:49 PM »

So someone who made a mistake when a teenager isn't allowed to express a viewpoint? What an arrogant thing to say. And only those who wish to run for senate can express their views on politics? You do realize your views are exaxtly the sort if thing that dictatorships run on right?

Bridge is just grumpy because he's a Trump supporter who doesn't like it when Axl says mean things about Melania.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #5605 on: March 05, 2018, 04:17:15 PM »

So someone who made a mistake when a teenager isn't allowed to express a viewpoint?

My point is that it's a sad culture we live in where we give so much merit, credence, and blind idolatry to celebrities just because they have money, opinions, and twitter accounts.  Sure, Axl is entitled to his opinions, but he's no more qualified to speak on these issues than any banker, plumber, or electrician, but I bet you're not following too many of them on twitter.   Tongue

And only those who wish to run for senate can express their views on politics?

The point is there so many people -- especially celebrities -- have these strong opinions on politics and how the country should be run, and then they do absolutely nothing about it except whine, cry, and, bitch on the internet.  That's a really great way to contribute to our culture.

Axl admitted on Jimmy Kimmel back in 2012 that he doesn't even vote.  Kimmel pushed him on the subject and Axl stammered a response that was something like, "well ummmm, I live in California and it always leans liberal anyway".  So Kimmel said, "so it's like, let them do it (the voting)?"  Axl then backpeddled and said "no no, it's not like let them do it, I mean I'm liberal and it tends to be a landslide anyway".

Sorry Axl, but in other words, you let them do it.   Roll Eyes   You don't bother to vote because you feel your vote wouldn't matter (a commonly used excuse) but you vote on fucking Twitter instead!   rofl  THAT's how our country will change!  THAT is the message we should send to kids!  Let's all stop voting and just log onto Twitter!  Let's bitch and cry and listen to celebrities!  THE WORLD IS SAVED!   Tongue

You like people expressing their viewpoints?  Here's mine: All Axl is doing is lowering himself to the level of all those fucking loser actors who think that, because they're in show business, they know more about foreign policy than the rest of us who actually live in the real world as opposed to their little fantasy twitter existences.  It's insulting to one's intelligence, really, especially taking it from celebrities -- when so many of them can't stay sober, can't keep a marriage together, have 100 plastic surgeries due to gross insecurity, and can't go 10 seconds without saying something really stupid that their team of publicists has to script an apology for afterwards.  THOSE are the people this country takes their cues from!   no

The "fans" make it worse by blindly worshipping anything these celebrities say, obviously feeling they can't be fans unless they're rapidly defensive of their idols' every word.  You CAN be an Axl/GNR fan without agreeing with everything the man says, or the manner in which he says it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 04:29:10 PM by Bridge » Logged
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #5606 on: March 05, 2018, 04:31:01 PM »

It's amazing how you are ripping celebs to shreds there talking all kinds of shit when everything you just said about them describes who you voted for. Not that I expect you to admit it.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #5607 on: March 05, 2018, 04:35:55 PM »

It's amazing how you are ripping celebs to shreds there talking all kinds of shit when everything you just said about them describes who you voted for. Not that I expect you to admit it.

In fact, I voted Independent, as I have the last several elections.  I've been registered unaffiliated my entire adult life.  It just shows your ignorance and fanaticism when you automatically assume that anyone who criticizes celebrities HAS to be a Trump supporter.

While Donald Trump may be an unqualified clown as a president (something I have long stated elsewhere on these forums), that doesn't redeem celebrities from being the unqualified morons that they are, and how detrimental blind worship towards them really is.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5608 on: March 05, 2018, 04:43:56 PM »

He's not lowering himself to anything. You should know better than to use that old celebrity excuse.

If you had paid any attention what he's said over the years, even before Twitter, you wouldn't be shocked about at all about this.

And yes, you do sound bitter that his tweets generate discussion. Because according to you, we shouldn't care. Because it's "just another celebrity on social media".

Yet people decided a celebrity from TV was the best choice to run the country.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #5609 on: March 05, 2018, 05:00:11 PM »

If you had paid any attention what he's said over the years, even before Twitter, you wouldn't be shocked about at all about this.

Didn't say I was shocked. 

you do sound bitter that his tweets generate discussion

No, they often don't generate discussion.  I wouldn't call all of his followers blindly agreeing with him to be legitimate "discussion".  Not to be put myself on the pedestal, but there is discussion here only because I stood up and disagreed, and that is what people seem to not be able to handle.

Because according to you, we shouldn't care. Because it's "just another celebrity on social media".

Uh huh, and Axl's nasty aspersions on Twitter are of course acceptable while my counterpoints to them sound "bitter".  And of course, this viewpoint is expressed from the minds of his followers so it must be objective.   hihi

Yet people decided a celebrity from TV was the best choice to run the country.....

Funny, you told me not to use the celebrity excuse, and now you're doing it.

For all his (many) faults, Trump was NOT merely a "celebrity from TV".  That's a cop out and poor rhetoric.  The man built a massive empire, one of the most profitable in the entire world, over many decades.  Trump was (and is) one of the planet's most incredibly accomplished businessman, and that's true whether you want to myopically streamline his accomplishments down to "reality TV" or not.  Nobody voted for him simply because they saw him on reality TV, and that's a fact whether he should've been elected or not.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 05:04:11 PM by Bridge » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5610 on: March 05, 2018, 05:11:32 PM »

No, they often don't generate discussion.  I wouldn't call all of his followers blindly agreeing with him to be legitimate "discussion".  Not to be put myself on the pedestal, but there is discussion here only because I stood up and disagreed, and that is what people seem to not be able to handle.

That's not how I see it.

If one person sees his/her favorite "celebrity" say something, and it makes that person find about about whatever issue was discussed, then it's a win. In my opinion.

I'm sure there are people who go "I have no idea what he's talking about" when they see some of his tweets. And if one of those people actually goes and looks for articles about it, it's a good thing.

No, I wasn't using it as an excuse. I'm saying, everyone has a voice. And just because you succeeded in making a career in music, doesn't mean you should shut up.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #5611 on: March 05, 2018, 05:54:58 PM »

Didn't say I was shocked. 

you do sound bitter that his tweets generate discussion

Because according to you, we shouldn't care. Because it's "just another celebrity on social media".

Uh huh, and Axl's nasty aspersions on Twitter are of course acceptable while my counterpoints to them sound "bitter".  And of course, this viewpoint is expressed from the minds of his followers so it must be objective.   hihi

For all his (many) faults, Trump was NOT merely a "celebrity from TV".  That's a cop out and poor rhetoric.  The man built a massive empire, one of the most profitable in the entire world, over many decades.  Trump was (and is) one of the planet's most incredibly accomplished businessman, and that's true whether you want to myopically streamline his accomplishments down to "reality TV" or not.  Nobody voted for him simply because they saw him on reality TV, and that's a fact whether he should've been elected or not.

From what I have read online, Trump is and has been a terrible businessman over the years, with mostly failed ventures and a huge amount of debt.

I like Trump, I think he has comedy value and adds some interest to world politics, but most people in most countries are hoping he has a single tenure that passes by without incident. He is a buffoon and dangerous as head of a big nation. I'd like a buffoon leader in the UK, I think we are leaning towards the twee these days and do not have much influence anymore. I just think that populations of bigger countries when they rebel in their vote need to be a little more careful.

The giving guns to teachers thing is just a recent example. It is just plain moronic
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5612 on: March 05, 2018, 07:24:46 PM »

So someone who made a mistake when a teenager isn't allowed to express a viewpoint?

My point is that it's a sad culture we live in where we give so much merit, credence, and blind idolatry to celebrities just because they have money, opinions, and twitter accounts.  Sure, Axl is entitled to his opinions, but he's no more qualified to speak on these issues than any banker, plumber, or electrician, but I bet you're not following too many of them on twitter.   Tongue

And only those who wish to run for senate can express their views on politics?

The point is there so many people -- especially celebrities -- have these strong opinions on politics and how the country should be run, and then they do absolutely nothing about it except whine, cry, and, bitch on the internet.  That's a really great way to contribute to our culture.

Axl admitted on Jimmy Kimmel back in 2012 that he doesn't even vote.  Kimmel pushed him on the subject and Axl stammered a response that was something like, "well ummmm, I live in California and it always leans liberal anyway".  So Kimmel said, "so it's like, let them do it (the voting)?"  Axl then backpeddled and said "no no, it's not like let them do it, I mean I'm liberal and it tends to be a landslide anyway".

Sorry Axl, but in other words, you let them do it.   Roll Eyes   You don't bother to vote because you feel your vote wouldn't matter (a commonly used excuse) but you vote on fucking Twitter instead!   rofl  THAT's how our country will change!  THAT is the message we should send to kids!  Let's all stop voting and just log onto Twitter!  Let's bitch and cry and listen to celebrities!  THE WORLD IS SAVED!   Tongue

You like people expressing their viewpoints?  Here's mine: All Axl is doing is lowering himself to the level of all those fucking loser actors who think that, because they're in show business, they know more about foreign policy than the rest of us who actually live in the real world as opposed to their little fantasy twitter existences.  It's insulting to one's intelligence, really, especially taking it from celebrities -- when so many of them can't stay sober, can't keep a marriage together, have 100 plastic surgeries due to gross insecurity, and can't go 10 seconds without saying something really stupid that their team of publicists has to script an apology for afterwards.  THOSE are the people this country takes their cues from!   no

The "fans" make it worse by blindly worshipping anything these celebrities say, obviously feeling they can't be fans unless they're rapidly defensive of their idols' every word.  You CAN be an Axl/GNR fan without agreeing with everything the man says, or the manner in which he says it.

What a load of shit. The reason i'm interested in what axl has to say is that I respect the guy. Nothing to do with 'blind worship' at all. It's an insult to me and other fans to suggest that we're so stupid we do whatever celebrities do.

Your entire post is hypocrisy- you're condemning those who react to these views, by reacting to them strongly. If for one moment you practised what you preach you wouldn't even bother ackniwledging them, and move on withiut comment. But you don't. You react bevause you don't like the CONTENT of what he says. Well that's just tough shit
You might want to get off yiur high horse too. 'Not being to keep a marraige goinng' happens to a fuck of a lot of people, famous or otherwise.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 07:26:18 PM by allwaystired » Logged

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5613 on: March 05, 2018, 07:31:22 PM »

...and my view is of course that Trump is a fucking moron, who isn't fit to be in charge of anything, and is at best an international laughing stock, at worst an international danger.

I'm proud to have that view, and it sure isn't one I've formed on the basis of any celebrity. If i WAS a celevrity though, I sure as hell would be be expressing it, as i do as a non-celebvrity.

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #5614 on: March 06, 2018, 02:17:00 AM »

What a load of shit. The reason i'm interested in what axl has to say is that I respect the guy. Nothing to do with 'blind worship' at all. It's an insult to me and other fans to suggest that we're so stupid we do whatever celebrities do.

Sadly many people are like that. In my country I follow a news site that gathers all the headlines together and then offers links to them and tells the number of clicks.

It's pretty scary what kind of stuff gets the most clicks. The problem is even bigger when you realise not even all of them are click-baiting headlines.

People simply read stupid things and anything that has real meaning to something gets overlooked.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #5615 on: March 06, 2018, 06:38:13 AM »

maybe the person that wrote One in a Million should get off his high horse. we couldn't even post those lyrics in this thread without lots of censorship.

him attacking Melania and alluding to a false claim that she was once a hooker....well, that's par for the course with axl since he clearly has no respect for women. his lyrics are misogynistic, and he was accused of beating women multiple times. it probably drives him insane to know that an immigrant woman who married Trump is far smarter than he.  rofl 

(post deleted in 3, 2,....)

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5616 on: March 06, 2018, 07:03:00 AM »

Looking for attention?

Funny how you desperately cling onto these nuggets. Yet his management team are immigrants..... And he hasn't performed that one song live in decades because of the way people like you interpret it.

Too bad (for you), that he's not as right wing as you thought....

/jarmo

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #5617 on: March 06, 2018, 07:34:09 AM »

The opinion of a Musician, actor or celebrity doesn't have any more weight than any of us here on the board. A musical genius doesn't equal a political genius. Or medical or auto mechanic genius. Only difference is more people get to hear those opinions than ours.

I don't agree with what Axl said. But I'm not going to go out and burn GNR albums out in the public square over it. 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #5618 on: March 06, 2018, 10:39:51 AM »

The number one rule of America is that politicians are lying scumbags. On both sides but especially in the middle. But the number two rule is that a celebrity voicing political thoughts, protesting or whatever, should stick to singing or acting or dribbling, because if they really meant it they?d run for office. Somehow in the ongoing public analysis of ?what?s wrong? with America it?s never that average citizens on all sides of the political prism are permanently unsatisfied and self righteous hypocrites. Snidely blaming politicians and celebrities for everything is an expression of this ultimate self serving delusion  of a world that is perfect because it?s perfectly customized to our personal opinions.

I've seen enough.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5619 on: March 06, 2018, 12:32:41 PM »

Not everyone with an opinion wants to be a politician. Come on!

The politicians in power are supposed to serve the people. Thus it makes sense that the people can speak out when they don't agree.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: