Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:17:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1457856 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #5620 on: March 06, 2018, 12:34:43 PM »

Looking for attention?

Funny how you desperately cling onto these nuggets. Yet his management team are immigrants..... And he hasn't performed that one song live in decades because of the way people like you interpret it.

Too bad (for you), that he's not as right wing as you thought....

/jarmo

yes, you have all the members of this board figured out. so continue to insult those that are responsible for your ability to be a hanger-on with one of the biggest bands on earth.  

funny you didn't comment on his lack of respect for women. or gays. just immigrants, despite the fact that he is calling an immigrant a hooker.

i never thought he was right wing. thought of him more having an anti-establishment, fuck em all attitude. but i really had no idea, nor did i care. most of my favorite bands were that way until the last few years (stones, metallica, crue, van halen).

i do think he had misplaced anger towards various groups of people though. but although he had some prejudices, i always felt he would give everyone a fair shot and that he didn't blindly hate entire groups of people. tried giving him the benefit of the doubt, despite his comments in Rolling Stone defending the lyrics. hopefully he has moved on from all of that.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5621 on: March 06, 2018, 12:50:25 PM »

Looking for attention?

Funny how you desperately cling onto these nuggets. Yet his management team are immigrants..... And he hasn't performed that one song live in decades because of the way people like you interpret it.

/jarmo

yes, you have all the members of this board figured out. so continue to insult those that are responsible for your ability to be a hanger-on with one of the biggest bands on earth.  

funny you didn't comment on his lack of respect for women. or gays. just immigrants, despite the fact that he is calling an immigrant a hooker.

i never thought he was right wing. thought of him more having an anti-establishment, fuck em all attitude. but i really had no idea, nor did i care. most of my favorite bands were that way until the last few years (stones, metallica, crue, van halen).

i do think he had misplaced anger towards various groups of people though. but although he had some prejudices, i always felt he would give everyone a fair shot and that he didn't blindly hate entire groups of people. tried giving him the benefit of the doubt, despite his comments in Rolling Stone defending the lyrics. hopefully he has moved on from all of that.

"you have all the members of this board figured out. so continue to insult those that are responsible for your ability to be a hanger-on with one of the biggest bands on earth."

Ah- there's your problem then. Some weird personal dislike and irrational jealousy. Not sure what Jarmo has personally done to offend you, but I'd wager it's absolutely nothing at all.

What you're basically saying is that as a celebrity he SHOULDN'T speak out on politics or things that piss him off? But if he wasn't - that would be fine? Right.....

I think basically, it's that he's said something you personally don't like. Well good- too many performers don't say what they feel or think for fear of who they might upset, or how it might impact on their sales figures.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 01:23:32 PM by allwaystired » Logged

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sandman
Legend

« Reply #5622 on: March 06, 2018, 01:41:01 PM »

Looking for attention?

/jarmo

"you have all the members of this board figured out. so continue to insult those that are responsible for your ability to be a hanger-on with one of the biggest bands on earth."

Ah- there's your problem then. Some weird personal dislike and irrational jealousy. Not sure what Jarmo has personally done to offend you, but I'd wager it's absolutely nothing at all.

What you're basically saying is that as a celebrity he SHOULDN'T speak out on politics or things that piss him off? But if he wasn't - that would be fine? Right.....

I think basically, it's that he's said something you personally don't like. Well good- too many performers don't say what they feel or think for fear of who they might upset, or how it might impact on their sales figures.

and we have a 2nd person who can figure out how other board members think and feel. we are really lucky to have this much expertise on here!

Axl doesn't like Trump, so he:
- takes cheap shots at Trump's wife
- calls her a whore
- questions her immigration status
- says "fuck this clown"

all of this, to a woman. not the person he hates. the WIFE of the person he hates. SAD!

i'm actually shocked all the lefty trump-hating people are ok with this. truly shocked.

this tweet is so classless on so many levels:
- why take cheap shots at someone that is just trying to protect her son?
- why resort to the lowest form of criticism towards a woman? aren't we trying to get past the days of using a woman's sexuality against her in the forms of insults?
- is Axl anti-immigration? Melania is an immigrant. does he want to deport her? from all accounts she is here legally.
- he says "Fuck this clown" to a woman?  really???

McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #5623 on: March 06, 2018, 01:43:15 PM »

So, here's McGann's take.
We are ALL free to express
Opinions we have.

From celebrities
To you, to me, to that guy...
Free to disagree!!

Now, I think many
Put too much weight in celeb
Stances and ideas

But that, in no way,
Invalidates those ideas.
Say what you will, kids!

Now, all of that said,
I just don't like politics
In my songs or films.

It turns me right off
Whatever the cause may be.
Whether right or left,

Not interested.
But please express it freely!
We all have that right!

If I don't listen,
Well, that is also my right...
They can coexist.

And that's the beauty
Of how this comes together.
You might enjoy it...

I simply do not.
We are more than opinions
So why focus there?

But I will still say
That, regardless of all this,
"Civil War" still ROCKS!

🤘🤘❤️

Splash
/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5624 on: March 06, 2018, 02:00:04 PM »

Looking for attention?

/jarmo

and we have a 2nd person who can figure out how other board members think and feel. we are really lucky to have this much expertise on here!

- calls her a whore
- says "fuck this clown"

all of this, to a woman. not the person he hates. the WIFE of the person he hates. SAD!

i'm actually shocked all the lefty trump-hating people are ok with this. truly shocked.

- why resort to the lowest form of criticism towards a woman? aren't we trying to get past the days of using a woman's sexuality against her in the forms of insults?
- is Axl anti-immigration? Melania is an immigrant. does he want to deport her? from all accounts she is here legally.

Explain to me where I suggested I knew what other board members think? I SUGGESTED that the reason you might have a problem with this is what he said- which you've absolute proved with your post. You do have a problem with what he said. That's your right- but it's also Axl's right to say it, and other people's right to agree with it.

Where do you get your ideas from? Axl anti-immigrant? It beats me where you rustled that up from. He questions where Melania Trump seems to have got a EB-1 Visa from, when she seeming meets none of the criteria. A fair question, which is being asked by many - especially when she's married to a man who is VERY anti-immigrant.

'Fuck this clown' is an entirely asexual criticism. You'd say that to a man or a woman.....not like, say, 'grab her by the pussy', which the man deemed fit to run a country happily says, when he's not doing mocking impressions of disabled people of course.

"i'm actually shocked all the lefty trump-hating people are ok with this. truly shocked." - what, really? I mean, I'm presuming you're American, but you must be aware of how the rest of the world view Trump, right? He's actually too scared to visit the UK for fear of how embarrassing the mass protest would be. He's universally despised outside of America- and within a lot of America. I'd suggest you're just being contrary in claiming you're shocked that people view Trump and his administration in this way. You must be aware that these views are shared by an awful lot of people?

Remember when GNR had an effigy of Trump that they encouraged fans to come onstage and hit with a baseball bat? I think GNR might not be the band for you.....

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 02:03:53 PM by allwaystired » Logged

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sandman
Legend

« Reply #5625 on: March 06, 2018, 02:35:55 PM »

Looking for attention?

/jarmo

- calls her a whore
- says "fuck this clown"

Explain to me where I suggested I knew what other board members think? I SUGGESTED that the reason you might have a problem with this is what he said- which you've absolute proved with your post. You do have a problem with what he said. That's your right- but it's also Axl's right to say it, and other people's right to agree with it.

Where do you get your ideas from? Axl anti-immigrant? It beats me where you rustled that up from. He questions where Melania Trump seems to have got a EB-1 Visa from, when she seeming meets none of the criteria. A fair question, which is being asked by many - especially when she's married to a man who is VERY anti-immigrant.

'Fuck this clown' is an entirely asexual criticism. You'd say that to a man or a woman.....not like, say, 'grab her by the pussy', which the man deemed fit to run a country happily says, when he's not doing mocking impressions of disabled people of course.

"i'm actually shocked all the lefty trump-hating people are ok with this. truly shocked." - what, really? I mean, I'm presuming you're American, but you must be aware of how the rest of the world view Trump, right? He's actually too scared to visit the UK for fear of how embarrassing the mass protest would be. He's universally despised outside of America- and within a lot of America. I'd suggest you're just being contrary in claiming you're shocked that people view Trump and his administration in this way. You must be aware that these views are shared by an awful lot of people?

Remember when GNR had an effigy of Trump that they encouraged fans to come onstage and hit with a baseball bat? I think GNR might not be the band for you.....

you question if i am really shocked, and then go on to explain how much trump is hated. there's a MAJOR disconnect between you and I right there. because i believe that hating Trump should NOT give anyone the green light to suggest that any woman was a former hooker or to say "fuck that clown" to a woman.

we simply disagree. that is fine.

as i've always felt, i wish Axl wouldn't say or do things that make him look like a asshole. although being a die-hard fan from the beginning, i'm certainly used to it.

as for your comment that GnR is not the band for me....again, i am surprised you feel that way. and, well, we disagree again.

as many would say, i don't let political views dictate the art i enjoy. apparently, you do. and i actually feel sad for you that you view the world that way. you are probably closing your mind to outside thought, and anything or anyone that does not have the same views as you.  easier to live in a bubble, i guess.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5626 on: March 06, 2018, 02:43:35 PM »

Looking for attention?

/jarmo

- calls her a whore
- says "fuck this clown"

you question if i am really shocked, and then go on to explain how much trump is hated. there's a MAJOR disconnect between you and I right there. because i believe that hating Trump should NOT give anyone the green light to suggest that any woman was a former hooker or to say "fuck that clown" to a woman.

as i've always felt, i wish Axl wouldn't say or do things that make him look like a asshole. although being a die-hard fan from the beginning, i'm certainly used to it.

as for your comment that GnR is not the band for me....again, i am surprised you feel that way. and, well, we disagree again.

as many would say, i don't let political views dictate the art i enjoy. apparently, you do. and i actually feel sad for you that you view the world that way. you are probably closing your mind to outside thought, and anything or anyone that does not have the same views as you.  easier to live in a bubble, i guess.

You don't let political views dictate the art you enjoy...but you're happy to go into massive rants online about it? Ok.

'fuck this clown' - deeply offensive to women, when said by someone who doesn't like Trump.
'treat em like shit' 'grab em by the pussy' etc - all acceptable when said by the President of the USA. 

Strange logic.

Oh yes, my mind is very closed. I wish it was as open as yours and I could fly into a fury when a musician posts his view on politics, and believe I was the reason someone I don't know got a job with a band I like. It must be great to be like that. I do wish I wasn't in this bubble.

You forgot to type sad as SAD!, as you did before in tribute to Trump. I enjoyed that. 

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 02:50:50 PM by allwaystired » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5627 on: March 06, 2018, 03:43:28 PM »

Ah, insults..... Hanger-on? That must really bother you since you brought it up.  hihi

Your attention seeking post didn't need a proper response since most of that you said is based on a narrow minded view.

I'm sure "all the members of the board" can figure out that not everything is as it was in 1988 anymore.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #5628 on: March 06, 2018, 03:45:08 PM »

Looking for attention?

/jarmo

- calls her a whore
- says "fuck this clown"

Well if it isn't the pot calling the kettle black. You are such a fucking hypocrite dude.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #5629 on: March 06, 2018, 04:40:31 PM »

as we always do, we've reached the point where (some) liberals just start throwing insults at those who disagree with them, with no real thought or comments added to the discussion. I can sense heads are exploding. i'll just assume you are extra mad today because mommy's basement is cold.

#MAGA

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5630 on: March 06, 2018, 05:00:08 PM »

I really like the songs Axl Rose has made in his lifetime.  Past that, I have no use for him.

Is that harsh?  I don't think so.  That's the role he fills in my life.  Axl, the performer, that's who matters to me.

My two favorite athletes of alltime are Roger Federer (tennis) and Mike Tyson (boxing), in that order.  Federer is class personified, but it's because he's the best player I've ever seen in 27 years watching this sport that I love the guy.  Tyson, by any objective standard, is a repugnant human being.  But did I care about that in the late 80s and early 90s as he paced back and forth in the ring during the pre-fight introductions?  It mattered not.  Mike the boxer mattered, not Mike the guy.

Same thing with Axl.  Dude is loaded with some pretty obvious flaws.  He also made some of my favorite music ever.  That's all that matters to me.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5631 on: March 06, 2018, 05:05:07 PM »

as we always do, we've reached the point where (some) liberals just start throwing insults at those who disagree with them, with no real thought or comments added to the discussion. I can sense heads are exploding. i'll just assume you are extra mad today because mommy's basement is cold.

#MAGA

It's amazing how the first one throwing insults around was you, and this is what you respond with.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #5632 on: March 06, 2018, 05:14:11 PM »

#MAGA

What insults? Fucking hypocrite? That's not an insult that's simply fucking truth. Can't handle being called out on your bullshit? Then fucking log out.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #5633 on: March 06, 2018, 06:32:36 PM »

#MAGA

It's amazing how the first one throwing insults around was you, and this is what you respond with.....

/jarmo

You referred to me as someone that was seeking attention. That was an insult. And 100% false.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #5634 on: March 06, 2018, 06:42:07 PM »

#MAGA

What insults? Fucking hypocrite? That's not an insult that's simply fucking truth. Can't handle being called out on your bullshit? Then fucking log out.

I think this post is why jarmo has traditionally not allowed board members to insult each other. He previously would require posters to stay on topic as well. As you clearly highlight, things quickly turn into members just acting like tough guys behind their sticky keyboards, with nothing of value being posted. Trust me, even though many agree with you, none of the members want to read mindless dribble like your last 2 posts.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #5635 on: March 06, 2018, 06:51:15 PM »

I really like the songs Axl Rose has made in his lifetime.  Past that, I have no use for him.

Is that harsh?  I don't think so.  That's the role he fills in my life.  Axl, the performer, that's who matters to me.

My two favorite athletes of alltime are Roger Federer (tennis) and Mike Tyson (boxing), in that order.  Federer is class personified, but it's because he's the best player I've ever seen in 27 years watching this sport that I love the guy.  Tyson, by any objective standard, is a repugnant human being.  But did I care about that in the late 80s and early 90s as he paced back and forth in the ring during the pre-fight introductions?  It mattered not.  Mike the boxer mattered, not Mike the guy.

Same thing with Axl.  Dude is loaded with some pretty obvious flaws.  He also made some of my favorite music ever.  That's all that matters to me.

Well said.

TO is another example for me. Loved that dude, even though he could be an asshole.

I also love kid rock. Went to see him 2 fridays ago. On the way there i said i hope he doesnt mention trump (he didn?t).  I?m there cause i love his music and he puts on a killer show. Has nothing to do with his political views. I really dont care what his views are.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #5636 on: March 06, 2018, 06:55:18 PM »

#MAGA

I think this post is why jarmo has traditionally not allowed board members to insult each other. He previously would require posters to stay on topic as well. As you clearly highlight, things quickly turn into members just acting like tough guys behind their sticky keyboards, with nothing of value being posted. Trust me, even though many agree with you, none of the members want to read mindless dribble like your last 2 posts.

Calling you out on your hypocritical bullshit is not an insult no matter how much you whine and complain. You have a history of attacking and insulting others who don't share your opinion of the cheeto-in-chief. So excuse me if I don't bow down and kiss your nazi loving ass (hey look there's an actual insult bitch!(#2)) Again, don't like it? Log the fuck out snowflake (actual insult #3.)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 06:59:12 PM by chineseblues » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5637 on: March 07, 2018, 06:34:52 AM »

You referred to me as someone that was seeking attention. That was an insult. And 100% false.

Looked like a typical attention seeking post to me with the countdown and all.

Posting something with the expectation of having it deleted.

Your post was a bait, and then you complain about people attacking you. Maybe think about how you word your posts the next time....  ok

With that, time to move on until the next social media update.

/jarmo

sandman
Legend

« Reply #5638 on: March 07, 2018, 09:24:56 AM »

#MAGA

Calling you out on your hypocritical bullshit is not an insult no matter how much you whine and complain. You have a history of attacking and insulting others who don't share your opinion of the cheeto-in-chief. So excuse me if I don't bow down and kiss your nazi loving ass (hey look there's an actual insult bitch!(#2)) Again, don't like it? Log the fuck out snowflake (actual insult #3.)

I love when extremists (on either side) get neurotically triggered!!!  rofl

throwing Nazi out there is liberal SOP, and using snowflake as many trump supporters do is classic (although it implies you are void of any original thought), but just calling someone a bitch on a message board? pure genius. love it.

I sincerely thank you. this gave me a good laugh this morning. 

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #5639 on: March 07, 2018, 09:40:31 AM »

#MAGA

I love when extremists (on either side) get neurotically triggered!!!  rofl

throwing Nazi out there is liberal SOP, and using snowflake as many trump supporters do is classic (although it implies you are void of any original thought), but just calling someone a bitch on a message board? pure genius. love it.

I sincerely thank you. this gave me a good laugh this morning. 

You wanted insults so I gave ya want you wanted.
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: