Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:56:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1457791 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #5680 on: September 21, 2018, 12:08:25 AM »

Stil have to comprehend all this hatred toward trump. Being a dick doesn't make you a shitty president (or a shitty singer).

Is USA economy collapsing?... Sorry I didnt get it.  Obama was a really cool person but a pathetic President.  Ergo in politics you should judge people for what they do, not for what they are. For example I don't like Salvini here in Italy but he's doing what people asked him to do (really one in a milion). Should i have to spit on his persona while he's doing well ??

I think Axl has something more "personal" against him but who knows...

Yes, being a dick DOES make you a shitty president (and that is far from all Trump is guilty of). Being the leader of the free world means you need to be able to empathize with the people you represent. Trump was cracking jokes about a boat that crashed through a house to the homeowner's face. How can a person lead the country when they cannot think about anyone but their self? That is literally the antithesis to the main aspect of the job; helping the American people.

And what Trump has done has only proved time and again that he is only in the white house to serve his own interests and he could give a flying fuck about the American people:

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/democracy/reports/2017/04/27/431387/trump-100-days-case-studies-trumps-self-serving-special-interest-government/

How many times does the biggest snake oil salesman in America need to rip you off before you wake up?

Sessions is doing a fine job, he runs a tight and efficiant ship over there at the DOJ and has it together  hihi

https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/09/19/breaking-deep-state-unmasked-doj-official-resists-from-inside-cant-get-fired-leaks-at-hhs/

Sorry for the politics, Axl started it.

Haha! 'Deep State Unmasked' is all I need to read! What a load of utter conspiracy nut bollocks.

If you actually open the link you'd see that there is video to substantiate the claims they're making.

Washington Post is also reporting on it and the DOJ is looking into things. https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/justice-dept-examining-whether-employee-violated-ethics-rules/2018/09/19/09c26f48-bc30-11e8-be70-52bd11fe18af_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4d13dfec5902

The whole point I was trying to make is Sessions doesn't have it together and this is an example of it. 

If you actually open the link you'd see this: "The recordings were made by Project Veritas, an activist group led by James O’Keefe that uses deceptive tactics to secretly record conversations in an effort to embarrass its targets."

That the justice dept. is doing their due diligence and investigating does not give the accusation any credibility, nor does the fact that WaPo is reporting on it.

In fact, Washington Post was the TARGET of one of Veritas' schemes: "Last year, a woman who appeared to secretly work for Veritas approached The Washington Post falsely claiming that a politician had impregnated her as a teenager."

Did you not read my previous comment? Do you not remember the ACORN scandal where they were exposed as liars who doctored their videos? Lots of more legitimate sources reported on that and ACORN was destroyed before the truth came out. What makes you think this leopard has changed its spots all of the sudden?

And even in the unlikely event that all of that turns out to be true, it really is no reflection on Sessions. No leader can control the minds of their employees. There is no way he could stop somebody from abusing their power before the fact, he cannot read minds. Expecting a department head to have absolute power over employees is expecting dictatorship. That is not how American institutions operate.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 12:19:34 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #5681 on: September 21, 2018, 02:26:36 AM »

Stil have to comprehend all this hatred toward trump. Being a dick doesn't make you a shitty president (or a shitty singer).

Is USA economy collapsing?... Sorry I didnt get it.  Obama was a really cool person but a pathetic President.  Ergo in politics you should judge people for what they do, not for what they are. For example I don't like Salvini here in Italy but he's doing what people asked him to do (really one in a milion). Should i have to spit on his persona while he's doing well ??

Being the leader of the free world means you need to be able to empathize with the people you represent. .

You are missing the point. People VOTED for him (what about "democracy" in your free world?), and still would, cause he's doing what he said. Maybe he's representing more people than you think.

The thing i can't stand is the fact that all the liberals around the world when they lose elections try to take the power back ridiculizing or criminalizing their opponent. We see this in Europe (Italia Ungheria Austria etc etc), we see this in the USA. They try everything possibile, using media, hired intellectuals and friendly justice sistem, claiming they are morally and intellectually superior while they just do this for the power and the money.

Obama, leader of the "free world", nobel prize, african american guy, allowed the killing of Gheddafi to let France keep controlling its colonies in Africa trough the cfa franc (gheddafi wanted an african money and already made a bank using tons of lybian gold, STOLEN by France and Usa after the war), putting Italy in troubles because of the consequential heavy immigration (gheddafi was "paid" by italy to prevent this). This is the free world you want? No way... Look what France and Usa did in Rwanda. Free world? Fuck that lie. We are all always crying for Africa while Usa and France have destroyed their lives. And this is just an example, maybe the biggest one, but not the only one.

Usa surely let u sleep well at night....Just when you are at their side. And this is a very hypocritical concept of freedom, cause they are not "leader of the free world" (clinton, obama, trump as president it doesn't matter) they are just leader of their "colonies", in a soft way, in a gentle way, in a safe way but that's it. Face reality dude...

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 03:04:59 AM by ITARocker » Logged
Appetitefordemocracy
Opening Act

« Reply #5682 on: September 21, 2018, 03:30:11 AM »

Nice to hear some common sense every now and again 😊

RATM: America, land of the free? Whoever told you that is your enemy 😉
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5683 on: September 21, 2018, 05:47:23 AM »

The thing i can't stand is the fact that all the liberals around the world when they lose elections try to take the power back ridiculizing or criminalizing their opponent. We see this in Europe (Italia Ungheria Austria etc etc), we see this in the USA. They try everything possibile, using media, hired intellectuals and friendly justice sistem, claiming they are morally and intellectually superior while they just do this for the power and the money.

Seriously? You must've totally missed out all the other shit that happened. Like people going after Bill Clinton because of his sexual activities or after Obama because he's "not American"....  Stop acting like your side is better than the rest.

The right wing president of the USA went to elections based on the lie that the country was doing bad. It was doing better than when they had their previous right wing president.....
It's called populism. You see that people are upset and/or afraid of something, and you use it to your advantage. Happens everywhere. Not just by "liberals".

There's people in countries that had fascist dictators who are happy to vote for fascist now because they believe it'll make things better! Scary....

But, this is a topic better discussed in the Jungle section.....  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5684 on: September 21, 2018, 07:29:43 AM »

Don't tell me what I think or put words in my mouth.

I never said artists shouldn't comment on politics.

First off, I wasn't.  I was (sarcastically, in case the tone didn't come across) telling JARMO what you seem to think and the general gist of your posts in the past. And then I provided the proper context with which to frame it, with the link. 

Second, should I now link back to where you've done the exact same thing, been corrected (repeatedly), and then continued (aka lied) on with it? Because we can certainly play that game if you'd like.

Hypocrisy...it's what's for dinner.

Still working on the pearl clutching and victim playing, eh? Still a GREAT look on you....

I'll put a finer point on it:

You don't want to hear an artist comment on politics...unless those comments are in lockstep with your own beliefs.

And you don't have to say it. Your post here, combined with your Johnny Rotten post in the politics thread, says it for you. Which was entirely the point I was making, TO JARMO.  Who, I'm sure, got it with no problem.

Edit: Just saw jarmo's post. He's right. Better in the Jungle. I'm out.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 09:28:02 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5685 on: September 21, 2018, 07:53:50 AM »

You are missing the point. People VOTED for him (what about "democracy" in your free world?), and still would, cause he's doing what he said. Maybe he's representing more people than you think.

1) A minority of people voted for him. He lost the popular, national vote by about 3 million votes.
2) The US is not a democracy.  It's a democratic republic. There's a big difference. Its literally why Trump is president.
3) Actually, he's not doing what he promised.  I don't think he's actually managed to fulfill one of his major campaign promises. Not on health care, not on "the wall", not on a whole host of other things. 
4) The economic trends are pretty much EXACTLY the same as they were under Obama (with slowing in some places).  We are still largely living in the Obama economy.  And Trump has done pretty much zippo to have ANY effect on the economy, so....
5) His current approval rating is right about 40% (with a disapproval around 54%).  And in the swing states that pushed him over the top in the electoral college, he's not faring so well, either.  "They'd vote for him again" is far from a sure thing.

I invite you to look at what occurred in the US over the 8 year Obama presidency.....and how the conservatives handled that. 

I mean, sure...it was ANTI-Intellectual, instead of intellectual (seriously....the birther movement (which Trump was a big part of)??) but still....

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Usa surely let u sleep well at night....Just when you are at their side. And this is a very hypocritical concept of freedom, cause they are not "leader of the free world" (clinton, obama, trump as president it doesn't matter) they are just leader of their "colonies", in a soft way, in a gentle way, in a safe way but that's it. Face reality dude...

If you don't want the USA to have say and influence on world geopolitics, there's a very very simple way to fix that issue. STOP. TAKING. U.S. AID.  And stop coming to the US every time there is a global/humanitarian crisis and asking us to fix it (either by lending military resources or by largely footing the bill).  The US contributes something like 75 BILLION (more than any other country, by a fair margin), just in DOLLARS (not resources) for global aid.  Sorry, but that buys the country not just a voice, but a megaphone, when it comes to geopolitics.

If you want an isolated US, make sure you REALLY want an isolationist US (and if you do, Trump is definitely your guy!).  But think through everything that means.

Because likely what you really want is a silent US, that still doles out aid and resources at a moments notice.  And that...that's a completely unrealistic expectation.

Edit: Sorry, just saw jarmos post.  He's right. Better left for the Jungle. I'm out.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 08:01:07 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5686 on: September 21, 2018, 07:54:55 AM »

Being the leader of the free world means you need to be able to empathize with the people you represent. .

Obama, leader of the "free world", nobel prize, african american guy, allowed the killing of Gheddafi to let France keep controlling its colonies in Africa trough the cfa franc (gheddafi wanted an african money and already made a bank using tons of lybian gold, STOLEN by France and Usa after the war), putting Italy in troubles because of the consequential heavy immigration (gheddafi was "paid" by italy to prevent this). This is the free world you want? No way... Look what France and Usa did in Rwanda. Free world? Fuck that lie. We are all always crying for Africa while Usa and France have destroyed their lives. And this is just an example, maybe the biggest one, but not the only one.

I don't think it takes too much to 'ridicule' or 'criminalize' a man like Trump. He's happy to do both those things for himself, through the hatred, anger, offence and general lies he regularly farts out of his mouth.

A man that mocks the disabled by doing impressions of them and suggests it's ok to 'grab a woman by the pussy' (to use just two of his comments) isn't fit to run a country. That people feel he is is deeply troubling.

I couldn't give a fuck that he was voted in. Doesn't stop anyone calling him out for being the obnoxious, self-serving moron he clearly is.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5687 on: September 21, 2018, 01:25:12 PM »

1) A minority of people voted for him. He lost the popular, national vote by about 3 million votes.
There's a reason why we use the Electoral College to elect a president.

In California alone - where I'm guessing Axl is registered to vote* - Hillary got over 4.2 million more votes than President Trump.
And as you and others have pointed out, President Trump lost the national popular vote by ONLY about 3 million.

*On Topic  Tongue

Source of statistical info:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/22/novembers-presidential-election-broke-records-in-california/

Clinton received 62.6 percent of the statewide vote, topping Donald Trump by more than 4.2 million votes, the largest margin of victory in California for a presidential candidate since 1936.

Almost 20 million Californians were registered to vote prior to Election Day 2016, an all-time high.

About 14.6 million Californians — roughly the population of the six states in New England and more than the population of all but four U.S. states as of 2015 — cast ballots in the Nov. 8 presidential election, according to results certified by Secretary of State Alex Padilla.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #5688 on: September 21, 2018, 02:00:05 PM »

Seriously? You must've totally missed out all the other shit that happened. Like people going after Bill Clinton because of his sexual activities or after Obama because he's "not American"....  Stop acting like your side is better than the rest.

The right wing president of the USA went to elections based on the lie that the country was doing bad. It was doing better than when they had their previous right wing president.....
It's called populism. You see that people are upset and/or afraid of something, and you use it to your advantage. Happens everywhere. Not just by "liberals".

There's people in countries that had fascist dictators who are happy to vote for fascist now because they believe it'll make things better! Scary....

/jarmo

Ok, move there. Anyway trump is not "my side" I'm a free mind, but just go back to the pre-election days, and tell me if trump wasn't  treated like he was handicapped. And still is.

And calling "populists" or "fascists" people who voted someone else is tipically liberal... With your words you're just proving i'm totally right ...

If you want an isolated US, make sure you REALLY want an isolationist US (and if you do, Trump is definitely your guy!).  But think through everything that means.

I never said i want an isolated US. i thank God we are not under China influence, for example. BUT there is a big difference between being free and standing for convenience by someone's side. And trust me, USA never do anything for nothing...Don't portrait your country like it's blessed by God or like it's a non profit organization...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 02:17:12 PM by ITARocker » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #5689 on: September 21, 2018, 02:25:01 PM »

this comment from Axl is pretty lame. he is usually witty and/or insightful. this comment let me down and it makes no sense.

I think the issue with Axl, and a majority of liberals in the US, is that he is suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome.

people are so angry and worked up that he won, that their ability to think rationally has declined. it's actually pretty hilarious to watch. you even see it in these threads.

"we don't have a president"Huh Ask the supreme court justices if we have a fuckin president. BOOM!!!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5690 on: September 21, 2018, 02:28:58 PM »

I never said i want an isolated US. i thank God we are not under China influence, for example. BUT there is a big difference between being free and standing for convenience by someone's side. And trust me, USA never do anything for nothing...Don't portrait your country like it's blessed by God or like it's a non profit organization...

I have a nice response crafted for you....over in the politics thread in the jungle:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=66370.new#new

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5691 on: September 21, 2018, 02:34:55 PM »

this comment from Axl is pretty lame. he is usually witty and/or insightful. this comment let me down and it makes no sense.

I think the issue with Axl, and a majority of liberals in the US, is that he is suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome.

people are so angry and worked up that he won, that their ability to think rationally has declined. it's actually pretty hilarious to watch. you even see it in these threads.

"we don't have a president"Huh Ask the supreme court justices if we have a fuckin president. BOOM!!!

I don't think Trump Derangement Syndrome means what you (or Fox News) think it does. Wink

I agree it exists...but we will have to agree to disagree on who is suffering from it.

Now, lets do as jarmo has asked, and take it over to the jungle.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5692 on: September 21, 2018, 02:43:55 PM »

There's a reason why we use the Electoral College to elect a president.

I've crafted a nice response to you...over in the jungle:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=66370.new#new

Together again,
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #5693 on: September 21, 2018, 04:48:19 PM »

You know you're on weak ground when you have to seize on one sentence and ignore the entire rest of my comment.

Liberals criminalize their opponents? Does "lock her up!" ring a bell through your thick skull? And are you under the impression that the GOP did not criticize Obama after they lost two elections to him? How naive and blinkered can you be?

And funny you should mention the Hungarian election (assuming that's what you meant by "Ungheria"). Turns out it may not have been so free and fair: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/09/world/europe/hungary-election-orban-fidesz.html

And speaking of criminalizing, they are already trying to criminalize migrants: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-hungary-election/orbans-party-signals-crackdown-after-victory-in-hungary-idUSKBN1HG1DG

Sorry, but if you don't expect pushback from electing extremist far right populists, you are off your rocker.

That's quite the conspiracy theory about Gaddafi you've got there. Gaddafi's interests in Africa were purely motivated by self-interest, and he was nowhere near actually achieving a "United States of Africa". It was a pipe dream. To think that is the reason Libya was invaded is asinine.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/aug/26/gaddafi-legacy-meddling-africa

And Rwanda? Now you are just rambling far off topic.

"Leader of the free world" is just a turn of phrase, FFS. As I said, seizing on one small turn of phrase and ignoring the entirety of my argument is disingenuous at best. I take it you concede all of my other points then?

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #5694 on: September 21, 2018, 05:05:03 PM »

/jarmo

Ok, move there. Anyway trump is not "my side" I'm a free mind, but just go back to the pre-election days, and tell me if trump wasn't  treated like he was handicapped. And still is.

And calling "populists" or "fascists" people who voted someone else is tipically liberal... With your words you're just proving i'm totally right ...

He's treated like the person with stunted mental capacity that he is. "This is a tough hurricane, one of the wettest we’ve ever seen, from the standpoint of water."

That is literally the textbook definition of populism. Are you mentally impaired?

And who the hell said America is perfect and altruistic? Do you think your own home country does not handle international relations with regard to its own self-interest? You are just displaying a massive chip on your shoulder toward the US.

LOL, I love how hard you are trying to make that a thing. The only derangement is in anyone who still willfully deludes their self into supporting Trump by ignoring the mountains of evidence against him.

Talk about being so angry that your opponent (Obama) won, that your ability to think rationally has declined (backing out of Iran deal, cancelling all of Obama's executive orders mindlessly with no regard to the damage it will cause).

Are you 12 years old or something? Pathetic. If that's all you have to say, you only prove the point that there is no intellectual defense of Trump. Way to embarrass yourself.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5695 on: September 21, 2018, 06:26:07 PM »

Maybe he's not angry about Trump winning. Maybe he just can't believe how bad the guy is. He's allowed to have an opinion, just like you are.
Even though those who oppose are now considered enemies of the people, while a few years ago someone questioning the president's birth certificate was just being a patriot I guess...

I'd appreciate if you read what I said and didn't think you know what I said.

I didn't call voters anything. I called the idea of taking advantage of a situation populism. Also pointed out that some people all over the world are voting for people who are idolizing ideas that existed during fascist dictatorships. Yes, there are also those who would vote for someone romanticizing the opposite. But lately the first is more common.

So yeah, didn't call people anything. I'm just proving you read what you want to. Not that you're right by any means.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #5696 on: September 22, 2018, 02:59:34 AM »

That's quite the conspiracy theory about Gaddafi you've got there. Gaddafi's interests in Africa were purely motivated by self-interest, and he was nowhere near actually achieving a "United States of Africa". It was a pipe dream. To think that is the reason Libya was invaded is asinine.

Just for your knowledge, this is a proved fact, just look for the beloved Hillary Clinton's emails about sarkozy and gheddafi.  But gheddafi is just the last of the list. We have 22 african presidents (es: thomas sankara, patrice lumumba, Sylvanus Olympio...) killed as soon as they tried to get rid of France and US domination. If they are lucky they are just imprisoned ( Modiba Keita, Laurent Gbagbo).  Ask some pan-african movement to explain you the situation and u will change your mind about USA &  some european country. Just saying. When Africa will be free, occidental economy will drop faster than light...

« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 03:10:22 AM by ITARocker » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5697 on: September 22, 2018, 08:42:10 AM »

Just for your knowledge, this is a proved fact, just look for the beloved Hillary Clinton's emails about sarkozy and gheddafi.  But gheddafi is just the last of the list. We have 22 african presidents (es: thomas sankara, patrice lumumba, Sylvanus Olympio...) killed as soon as they tried to get rid of France and US domination. If they are lucky they are just imprisoned ( Modiba Keita, Laurent Gbagbo).  Ask some pan-african movement to explain you the situation and u will change your mind about USA &  some european country. Just saying. When Africa will be free, occidental economy will drop faster than light...

This is turning into the Twilight Zone! Of course it isn't proved fact! I've never heard such nonsense!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5698 on: September 22, 2018, 10:26:30 AM »

It's not a proven fact.

It's a wildly unproven conspiracy theory pushed by far right wing conservative sources that have been proven to be unreliable (think "alternate facts") in the past.  This is akin to Alex Smith's assertion that the Newtown shootings were faked.

It's all based on an email from Sydney Blumenthal, who was not a State Department employee...but an old friend of the Clintons...that was sent, UNSOLICITED, to Hillary (and went without any type of formal response).  There are literally DOZENS of emails from Blumenthal, and when you review them all you come to a very simple conclusion: Sydney was almost always wrong (or his sources were).  He often provided "odd" intelligence style (again, no intelligence relations and not working for the State Department) emails that cited anonymous sources.  And in just about ever case...those sources were wrong (if there were sources, and this wasn't all fiction written by Mr. Blumenthal and his associates while they tried to get some sort of closer relationship....potentially a paid one...with the State Deparment....a relationship they never got).  They were VERY wrong.

So, to base an entire conspiracy theory on a crackpot email from a discredited source is hardly a "proven fact".

Just as a bit of background for everyone else not familiar with what ITA is talking about.

https://news.vice.com/article/libyan-oil-gold-and-qaddafi-the-strange-email-sidney-blumenthal-sent-hillary-clinton-in-2011

OK, back to the jungle!

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5699 on: September 22, 2018, 10:28:26 AM »

This is turning into the Twilight Zone! Of course it isn't proved fact! I've never heard such nonsense!

Probably because you don't frequent sites like Breitbart and Infowars (and other far right wing conspiracy theory sites).

You're better off. Trust me.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: