Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:50:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1458716 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #5840 on: May 07, 2020, 04:04:52 PM »

Axl Rose @axlrose

It’s official! Whatever anyone may have previously thought of Steve Mnuchin he’s officially an asshole.

Steven Mnuchin @stevenmnuchin1
Replying to @axlrose
What have you done for the country lately? 🇺🇸

Axl Rose @axlrose
Replying to  @stevenmnuchin1
My bad I didn’t get we’re hoping 2 emulate Liberia’s economic model but on the real unlike this admin I’m not responsible for 70k+ deaths n’ unlike u I don’t hold a fed gov position of responsibility 2 the American people n’ go on TV tellin them 2 travel the US during a pandemic.

Note: Steven's original response featured the Liberian flag instead of the US one.

/jarmo

Axl's response is clear - he has done nothing for his country.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5841 on: May 07, 2020, 04:47:05 PM »

Maybe he's not one to brag about his own achievements.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mrbreeze
Opening Act

« Reply #5842 on: May 07, 2020, 06:17:37 PM »

the more Axl tweets I read, the more I wish I didn't read any Axl tweets.

If you're that easily offended, maybe this isn't the band for you...
I wasn't offended. Just sucks when you see someone you looked up to your entire life have a political ideology you don't agree with

Music is always left-leaning, by it's very nature.

You couldn't be more wrong
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #5843 on: May 07, 2020, 06:19:19 PM »

i love this

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5844 on: May 07, 2020, 06:31:40 PM »

Axl Rose @axlrose

It’s official! Whatever anyone may have previously thought of Steve Mnuchin he’s officially an asshole.

Steven Mnuchin @stevenmnuchin1
Replying to @axlrose
What have you done for the country lately? 🇺🇸

Axl Rose @axlrose
Replying to  @stevenmnuchin1
My bad I didn’t get we’re hoping 2 emulate Liberia’s economic model but on the real unlike this admin I’m not responsible for 70k+ deaths n’ unlike u I don’t hold a fed gov position of responsibility 2 the American people n’ go on TV tellin them 2 travel the US during a pandemic.

Note: Steven's original response featured the Liberian flag instead of the US one.

/jarmo

Apart from writing music that brings joy and happiness to millions of Americans. And who knows what Axl does in terms of charity and philanthropy.

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #5845 on: May 07, 2020, 08:40:27 PM »

I wasn't offended. Just sucks when you see someone you looked up to your entire life have a political ideology you don't agree with

... so you were offended. It's okay to be offended. I find it amusing that the right has made the very idea of taking offense into something they have to twist themselves into pretzels to avoid admitting.

Yes - but context clearly needed
They were the exact same towards W Bush - and the Iraq War earned him all of that rightfully -
But think back to when McCain was running - All of these same self absorbed famous folk were painting him as a baby killer and thirsting to invade Iran
Even Romney got it bad -
Trump is the worst and the worst  hihi - but they do look sillier and sillier with their judgements everytime it's not a Democrat in office

... what are you talking about? Axl called McCain a baby killer? Or some other celebs? Yeah, big [citation needed] there, hoss.

I also find your exclusive focus on Dems to be amusing as you claim to be an impartial observer... suggesting only Democrats are critical of their opponents is hilariously disingenuous. Did you forget the past 8 year long administration where Obama had outrage feigned at him over shit like wearing a tan suit?!

What??

Was not referring to Axl in any way -

The rest of your post is a little creepy so will end this now

« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 09:31:19 PM by COMAMOTIVE » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #5846 on: May 07, 2020, 11:11:20 PM »

Maybe he's not one to brag about his own achievements.

/jarmo

Actually he has done something for the betterment of his fellow man inline with what the country supports.  Recently as an individual and as a member of the business side of the band.  He posted twice encouraging people to take the virus seriously.  Duff talked about the support GNR is giving to its employees and the band still raises money for breast cancer.  I believe all that's correct, I've been distracted.  And it appears he is staying informed.  All things a good citizen should be doing.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #5847 on: May 07, 2020, 11:56:11 PM »

this has now turned political Grin. It is mainstream and trendy to bash Trump and the country. no one can deny that. what would be rebellious and different at this point, is if someone came out and supported the President. no one is ever really gonna agree when it comes to politics on a music board, so this is all mute. Axl can tweet what he wants and I/we have to accept it as his opinion. just as we all have our own. hope that ends this debate, but I know BETTER! BETTER
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #5848 on: May 08, 2020, 01:07:04 AM »

Just like Mnuchen. Except, Axl does not actively hurt his country like Mnuchen does.

They were the exact same towards W Bush - and the Iraq War earned him all of that rightfully -
But think back to when McCain was running - All of these same self absorbed famous folk were painting him as a baby killer and thirsting to invade Iran
Even Romney got it bad -
Trump is the worst and the worst  hihi - but they do look sillier and sillier with their judgements everytime it's not a Democrat in office

... what are you talking about? Axl called McCain a baby killer? Or some other celebs? Yeah, big [citation needed] there, hoss.

I also find your exclusive focus on Dems to be amusing as you claim to be an impartial observer... suggesting only Democrats are critical of their opponents is hilariously disingenuous. Did you forget the past 8 year long administration where Obama had outrage feigned at him over shit like wearing a tan suit?!

What??

So you admit you were diverting from the subject entirely. Because we are talking about Axl's tweets. And now you are dodging having to back up your absurd "baby killer" claim.

And you wrap it up with a baseless and juvenile personal attack because you have literally nothing to say. I accept your concession. No need to be sore about it.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 01:18:29 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #5849 on: May 08, 2020, 01:17:37 AM »

It is mainstream and trendy to bash Trump and the country. no one can deny that.

"No one can deny my opinion!"

I love this dismissal of criticism as "following trends". It says everything about how seriously you consider opinions that differ from your own. You just immediately look for an excuse to dismiss them instead of trying to understand them.

I suppose criticizing Obama was just a hot trend in the late aughts? Had nothing to do with people genuinely disagreeing with him? Or is your entire hot take predicated on the fact that some celebrities happen to speak out against Trump? Besides this obviously ignoring all the celebrities who speak out in favor of him, all you're doing is trying to paint anyone who criticizes him as a trend-following sheep with no mind of their own, and its transparent as hell.

This is such a perfect example of everything wrong with modern political discourse; there is absolutely ZERO good faith. It's all desperate attempts at "gotcha"s, finding excuses to dismiss instead of engaging with counter arguments, and trying to paint the other side as hypocritical. The thing about that is, even if you successfully prove the other side are hypocrites... that does not prove your side is right! It's 100% shit slinging and accomplishes nothing. So whenever I see this favorite tactic of the right coming from anybody, on either side, I know I am not dealing with an honest actor dealing in good faith.

what would be rebellious and different at this point, is if someone came out and supported the President

Yeah, conservatism is the new punk rock!  rofl Support the establishment! Rage With The Machine!!! The party that holds EVERY BRANCH OF GOVT right now is the underdog!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 01:21:53 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #5850 on: May 08, 2020, 01:53:16 AM »

It is mainstream and trendy to bash Trump and the country. no one can deny that.

I love this dismissal of criticism as "following trends". It says everything about how seriously you consider opinions that differ from your own. You just immediately look for an excuse to dismiss them instead of trying to understand them.

I suppose criticizing Obama was just a hot trend in the late aughts? Had nothing to do with people genuinely disagreeing with him? Or is your entire hot take predicated on the fact that some celebrities happen to speak out against Trump? Besides this obviously ignoring all the celebrities who speak out in favor of him, all you're doing is trying to paint anyone who criticizes him as a trend-following sheep with no mind of their own, and its transparent as hell.

This is such a perfect example of everything wrong with modern political discourse; there is absolutely ZERO good faith. It's all desperate attempts at "gotcha"s, finding excuses to dismiss instead of engaging with counter arguments, and trying to paint the other side as hypocritical. The thing about that is, even if you successfully prove the other side are hypocrites... that does not prove your side is right! It's 100% shit slinging and accomplishes nothing. So whenever I see this favorite tactic of the right coming from anybody, on either side, I know I am not dealing with an honest actor dealing in good faith.

what would be rebellious and different at this point, is if someone came out and supported the President

Yeah, conservatism is the new punk rock!  rofl Support the establishment! Rage With The Machine!!! The party that holds EVERY BRANCH OF GOVT right now is the underdog!
you are way off base bro. I clearly stated " no one is ever really gonna agree when it comes to politics on a music board, so this is all mute. Axl can tweet what he wants and I/we have to accept it as his opinion. just as we all have our own." read what I said and move on. It seems as you are now the one that has a problem with me thinking what I want to think. as in you don't agree with me! boo hoo.get over it.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #5851 on: May 08, 2020, 02:54:56 AM »

I don't understand why Axl keeps doin' this useless political stuff, cause tweets are useless as fuck. HE forgot GNR made a a show when coronavirus was spreading already, so? Maybe someone died because of his show, who knows? I mean write a political song (even if I don't like to listen to political things in music)and  set in stone your thinking, it would be more appropriate. And we would listen to new music too.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #5852 on: May 08, 2020, 05:09:36 AM »

Just like Mnuchen. Except, Axl does not actively hurt his country like Mnuchen does.

Even Romney got it bad -

What??

So you admit you were diverting from the subject entirely. Because we are talking about Axl's tweets. And now you are dodging having to back up your absurd "baby killer" claim.

And you wrap it up with a baseless and juvenile personal attack because you have literally nothing to say. I accept your concession. No need to be sore about it.

Cool your venom man -
I was referring to the post to which I responded - about majority of musicians/artists being anti-republican - which is hardly news
And was making a point that they always need a boogeyman

Like telling actually telling people who voted for ONE IN A MILLION because they enjoy the song, that they only did so because of political or other motivations - which was as obtuse a comment as I've seen around here

Goodbye young creeper - I won't engage you any further
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5853 on: May 08, 2020, 07:16:20 AM »

Music is always left-leaning, by it's very nature.

You couldn't be more wrong

Well feel free to share that long lost of conservative right wing attitudes behind all the pioneering pop and rock bands!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5854 on: May 08, 2020, 07:24:10 AM »

Same with any Trump fan really. You point out his clear idiocy and get accused of being a 'victim of the media' a 'sheep' 'deluded', whatever. It's just what Trump does reflected in them.

There's little point engaging, because if someone at this stage doesn't want to look at the lies, ridiculous comments, odd behaviour and u-turns, despite it all being laid bare, you can't possibly have a discussion with them. It's like trying to have a discussion with someone who believes the earth is flat- you won't win. Evidence, fact, reason, science- they don't want to know. When you have people that disregard those things you might as well talk to a wall.

The one positive is that the coronavirus has highlighted even further how moronic Trump and his pals are, so the world should be rid of them and their hatred, blaming, anger and division soon.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5855 on: May 08, 2020, 07:25:17 AM »

I don't understand why Axl keeps doin' this useless political stuff, cause tweets are useless as fuck. HE forgot GNR made a a show when coronavirus was spreading already, so? Maybe someone died because of his show, who knows? I mean write a political song (even if I don't like to listen to political things in music)and  set in stone your thinking, it would be more appropriate. And we would listen to new music too.

It's his right to do so. And by doing so he made you react.....

You don't like political things in music? Which basically excludes anything about the world we live in. If you describe what's going on around you, it's political in a sense.

Hell, there's an album called Chinese Democracy. There's a bunch of GN'R songs you don't seem to like to listen to it seems since they are political.... Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5856 on: May 08, 2020, 07:25:59 AM »

Posts relating to just Trump and/or those who oppose, we have a special thread for that in The Jungle. Thanks.

/jarmo

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #5857 on: May 08, 2020, 08:20:44 AM »

I don't understand why Axl keeps doin' this useless political stuff, cause tweets are useless as fuck. HE forgot GNR made a a show when coronavirus was spreading already, so? Maybe someone died because of his show, who knows? I mean write a political song (even if I don't like to listen to political things in music)and  set in stone your thinking, it would be more appropriate. And we would listen to new music too.

You don't like political things in music? Which basically excludes anything about the world we live in. If you describe what's going on around you, it's political in a sense.

Hell, there's an album called Chinese Democracy. There's a bunch of GN'R songs you don't seem to like to listen to it seems since they are political.... Cheesy

/jarmo

sure it’s his right, but tellin someone he’s an asshole is just useless, it’s just what the majority of people do: stayin home blaming politicians (and Maybe in this case he’s right but again, just a useless rant) Maybe he should talk more about his music and what is going to do with gnr, that would be useful 😀
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5858 on: May 08, 2020, 08:26:06 AM »

I don't understand why Axl keeps doin' this useless political stuff, cause tweets are useless as fuck. HE forgot GNR made a a show when coronavirus was spreading already, so? Maybe someone died because of his show, who knows? I mean write a political song (even if I don't like to listen to political things in music)and  set in stone your thinking, it would be more appropriate. And we would listen to new music too.

/jarmo

sure it’s his right, but tellin someone he’s an asshole is just useless, it’s just what the majority of people do: stayin home blaming politicians (and Maybe in this case he’s right but again, just a useless rant) Maybe he should talk more about his music and what is going to do with gnr, that would be useful 😀

Other than the fact we're supposed to be staying at home, and that politicians do indeed have to take the blame for their personal comments and decisions......isn't it entirely Axl Rose's right to say whatever he pleases?

I'm not bothered if he says nothing about new music...I just want to see the results!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 08:29:38 AM by allwaystired » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5859 on: May 08, 2020, 08:57:09 AM »

The moment you start thinking your right to comment on the leaders of the country is useless, things are becoming a bit scary.

There's a pandemic going on, people are keeping to themselves, keeping their distance. I'm sure that they're trying to figure out when the shows that were planned for this summer is even gonna happen. That's what's going on.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: