Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:21:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1458821 times)
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #5860 on: May 08, 2020, 10:16:05 AM »

I don't understand why Axl keeps doin' this useless political stuff, cause tweets are useless as fuck. HE forgot GNR made a a show when coronavirus was spreading already, so? Maybe someone died because of his show, who knows? I mean write a political song (even if I don't like to listen to political things in music)and  set in stone your thinking, it would be more appropriate. And we would listen to new music too.

It's his right to do so. And by doing so he made you react.....

You don't like political things in music? Which basically excludes anything about the world we live in. If you describe what's going on around you, it's political in a sense.

Hell, there's an album called Chinese Democracy. There's a bunch of GN'R songs you don't seem to like to listen to it seems since they are political.... Cheesy

/jarmo

sure it’s his right, but tellin someone he’s an asshole is just useless, it’s just what the majority of people do: stayin home blaming politicians (and Maybe in this case he’s right but again, just a useless rant) Maybe he should talk more about his music and what is going to do with gnr, that would be useful 😀

Other than the fact we're supposed to be staying at home, and that politicians do indeed have to take the blame for their personal comments and decisions......isn't it entirely Axl Rose's right to say whatever he pleases?

I'm not bothered if he says nothing about new music...I just want to see the results!

Yeah but the fact that he can't "say we are doing this we are doing that"  every once in a while and then the only times he tweet it's only to blame some politican it just annoys me...but it's just me peace
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5861 on: May 08, 2020, 10:27:33 AM »

I don't understand why Axl keeps doin' this useless political stuff, cause tweets are useless as fuck. HE forgot GNR made a a show when coronavirus was spreading already, so? Maybe someone died because of his show, who knows? I mean write a political song (even if I don't like to listen to political things in music)and  set in stone your thinking, it would be more appropriate. And we would listen to new music too.

You don't like political things in music? Which basically excludes anything about the world we live in. If you describe what's going on around you, it's political in a sense.

Hell, there's an album called Chinese Democracy. There's a bunch of GN'R songs you don't seem to like to listen to it seems since they are political.... Cheesy

/jarmo

sure it’s his right, but tellin someone he’s an asshole is just useless, it’s just what the majority of people do: stayin home blaming politicians (and Maybe in this case he’s right but again, just a useless rant) Maybe he should talk more about his music and what is going to do with gnr, that would be useful 😀

Other than the fact we're supposed to be staying at home, and that politicians do indeed have to take the blame for their personal comments and decisions......isn't it entirely Axl Rose's right to say whatever he pleases?

I'm not bothered if he says nothing about new music...I just want to see the results!

Yeah but the fact that he can't "say we are doing this we are doing that"  every once in a while and then the only times he tweet it's only to blame some politican it just annoys me...but it's just me peace

To be honest, I don't really care about social media full stop. I think the world would be a better place without it on the whole, so I don't mind at all that he rarely uses it and we don't get updates from him on the band.

The fact we don't get any music is another issue altogether though! As is the fact that we're so close to the Euro tour starting and haven't heard anything regarding our tickets of course.

Basically the point I'm trying to make is that this is Axl's personal Twitter, for his own views. The information side of things is a separate thing for me.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #5862 on: May 08, 2020, 10:30:49 AM »

/jarmo

Tend to agree -
Again - I have zero problem with anyone's political views or voicing their thoughts how they feel
But as you say - Since Slash and Duff returned - the man has said more about politics than music
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #5863 on: May 09, 2020, 01:02:07 AM »

It is mainstream and trendy to bash Trump and the country. no one can deny that.

"No one can deny my opinion!"

I love this dismissal of criticism as "following trends". It says everything about how seriously you consider opinions that differ from your own. You just immediately look for an excuse to dismiss them instead of trying to understand them.

I suppose criticizing Obama was just a hot trend in the late aughts? Had nothing to do with people genuinely disagreeing with him? Or is your entire hot take predicated on the fact that some celebrities happen to speak out against Trump? Besides this obviously ignoring all the celebrities who speak out in favor of him, all you're doing is trying to paint anyone who criticizes him as a trend-following sheep with no mind of their own, and its transparent as hell.

This is such a perfect example of everything wrong with modern political discourse; there is absolutely ZERO good faith. It's all desperate attempts at "gotcha"s, finding excuses to dismiss instead of engaging with counter arguments, and trying to paint the other side as hypocritical. The thing about that is, even if you successfully prove the other side are hypocrites... that does not prove your side is right! It's 100% shit slinging and accomplishes nothing. So whenever I see this favorite tactic of the right coming from anybody, on either side, I know I am not dealing with an honest actor dealing in good faith.
you are way off base bro. I clearly stated " no one is ever really gonna agree when it comes to politics on a music board, so this is all mute. Axl can tweet what he wants and I/we have to accept it as his opinion. just as we all have our own." read what I said and move on. It seems as you are now the one that has a problem with me thinking what I want to think. as in you don't agree with me! boo hoo.get over it.

I literally quoted your words. Funny how your repeat everything you said except the part I was responding to. Who do you think you're fooling?

Here it is again, so you cannot deny it:

It is mainstream and trendy to bash Trump and the country. no one can deny that.

Dodging your own words... SAD!

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #5864 on: May 09, 2020, 01:09:22 AM »

I don't understand why Axl keeps doin' this useless political stuff, cause tweets are useless as fuck. HE forgot GNR made a a show when coronavirus was spreading already, so? Maybe someone died because of his show, who knows? I mean write a political song (even if I don't like to listen to political things in music)and  set in stone your thinking, it would be more appropriate. And we would listen to new music too.

Because he wants to? Why does the president tweet? Why does anyone tweet? I'm sorry it offends you.

Not every opinion somebody wants to express merits being put in a song.

Cool your venom man -
I was referring to the post to which I responded - about majority of musicians/artists being anti-republican - which is hardly news
And was making a point that they always need a boogeyman

Like telling actually telling people who voted for ONE IN A MILLION because they enjoy the song, that they only did so because of political or other motivations - which was as obtuse a comment as I've seen around here

Goodbye young creeper - I won't engage you any further

Oh look, yet another childish personal insult. You know, the mods here don't appreciate that stuff...

But hey, thanks for proving my point.

For the third time, you force me to ask; where is your evidence for that "baby killer" claim? An honest man would just admit he made it up at this point.

Wait, did you just stalk my post history and then call ME a creeper? The projection is astounding...

And if you think none of the votes on that song were politically motivated, you're unbelievably naive.

dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #5865 on: May 09, 2020, 12:34:00 PM »

I love this dismissal of criticism as "following trends". It says everything about how seriously you consider opinions that differ from your own. You just immediately look for an excuse to dismiss them instead of trying to understand them.

I suppose criticizing Obama was just a hot trend in the late aughts? Had nothing to do with people genuinely disagreeing with him? Or is your entire hot take predicated on the fact that some celebrities happen to speak out against Trump? Besides this obviously ignoring all the celebrities who speak out in favor of him, all you're doing is trying to paint anyone who criticizes him as a trend-following sheep with no mind of their own, and its transparent as hell.

This is such a perfect example of everything wrong with modern political discourse; there is absolutely ZERO good faith. It's all desperate attempts at "gotcha"s, finding excuses to dismiss instead of engaging with counter arguments, and trying to paint the other side as hypocritical. The thing about that is, even if you successfully prove the other side are hypocrites... that does not prove your side is right! It's 100% shit slinging and accomplishes nothing. So whenever I see this favorite tactic of the right coming from anybody, on either side, I know I am not dealing with an honest actor dealing in good faith.
you are way off base bro. I clearly stated " no one is ever really gonna agree when it comes to politics on a music board, so this is all mute. Axl can tweet what he wants and I/we have to accept it as his opinion. just as we all have our own." read what I said and move on. It seems as you are now the one that has a problem with me thinking what I want to think. as in you don't agree with me! boo hoo.get over it.

I literally quoted your words. Funny how your repeat everything you said except the part I was responding to. Who do you think you're fooling?

I truly believe that quote is true in the current political landscape. yes entertainers have always bashed Presidents. the question is if they do that to come off as anti-establishment or rebellious? Or are they genuine? each case would likely be different. My original point to any of this is Axl never really took a side in the past on politics. I admittedly said I don't agree with him, but have to accept his opinion. we all have our own, afterall.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5866 on: May 09, 2020, 01:08:58 PM »

I truly believe that quote is true in the current political landscape. yes entertainers have always bashed Presidents. the question is if they do that to come off as anti-establishment or rebellious? Or are they genuine? each case would likely be different. My original point to any of this is Axl never really took a side in the past on politics. I admittedly said I don't agree with him, but have to accept his opinion. we all have our own, afterall.

No one is 'bashing' the president to seem rebellious. They're doing it because they think the man is a grade A moron and his regime equally so. It's insane how fans of Dr Disinfectant never seem to get this- that there is no foul play, there is no manipulation, no attempt to seem 'anti-establishment', no concealed motive, THEY JUST THINK THE GUY IS A CRETIN. There is nothing more.

Axl has ALWAYS made political comments, but the big difference now is that social media exists so his (and others) comments are more readily seen and heard, where previously they were limited to on-stage comments or press interviews.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #5867 on: May 10, 2020, 12:30:52 AM »

Whether you truly believe it or not doesn't make it an "undeniable fact". Which was my point to begin with that you dodged and attacked me for stating. So now that you're no longer denying it, I want to know why you chose to attack somebody and accuse them of not reading what you said, when that was exactly what you said and you knew it? That is some dangerously narcissistic behavior and I think it merits a look in the mirror. Especially the childish "boo hoo get over it". Grow up.

Arguing over what you baselessly assume are the motives of people you've never met is vapid and pointless. You're just taking baseless potshots at people you disagree with, and again, it's transparent as hell.

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #5868 on: May 10, 2020, 04:35:47 AM »

Because he wants to? Why does the president tweet? Why does anyone tweet? I'm sorry it offends you.

Not every opinion somebody wants to express merits being put in a song.

Cool your venom man -
I was referring to the post to which I responded - about majority of musicians/artists being anti-republican - which is hardly news
And was making a point that they always need a boogeyman

Like telling actually telling people who voted for ONE IN A MILLION because they enjoy the song, that they only did so because of political or other motivations - which was as obtuse a comment as I've seen around here

Goodbye young creeper - I won't engage you any further

Oh look, yet another childish personal insult. You know, the mods here don't appreciate that stuff...

But hey, thanks for proving my point.

For the third time, you force me to ask; where is your evidence for that "baby killer" claim? An honest man would just admit he made it up at this point.

Wait, did you just stalk my post history and then call ME a creeper? The projection is astounding...

And if you think none of the votes on that song were politically motivated, you're unbelievably naive.

It doesn't offend me.  It's just as useless as the president's tweets. Nothin more. It's just a flag waving. It's like people showing what they eat for dinner...really...who cares. Do what u are supposed to do at your best, it's better. I mean he can say whatever he wants, but he doesn't say a shit to his fans, and he finds timeto tweet like a political cheerleader things that won't change a shit in the world. My opinion ofc
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 05:12:38 AM by ITARocker » Logged
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #5869 on: May 10, 2020, 12:47:48 PM »

Whether you truly believe it or not doesn't make it an "undeniable fact". Which was my point to begin with that you dodged and attacked me for stating. So now that you're no longer denying it, I want to know why you chose to attack somebody and accuse them of not reading what you said, when that was exactly what you said and you knew it? That is some dangerously narcissistic behavior and I think it merits a look in the mirror. Especially the childish "boo hoo get over it". Grow up.

Arguing over what you baselessly assume are the motives of people you've never met is vapid and pointless. You're just taking baseless potshots at people you disagree with, and again, it's transparent as hell.
I didn't attack you. this is a fucking message board. you nit picked my original post and found the one thing I said that was my opinion while ignoring the rest. that seems to me that you are trying to instigate an argument. now you are diagnosing my behavior and giving me advice? "I should look in a  mirror".....well, my advice to you is get some thicker skin and once again...MOVE ON. I already know though that you will reply. you surely have to have the last word( but I am the narcissist). so go ahead and get out your microscope and find a word I fudged.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5870 on: May 10, 2020, 12:59:06 PM »

Guns N' Roses
@gunsnroses

Happy Mother's Day!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
KillerK
Opening Act

« Reply #5871 on: May 10, 2020, 01:19:36 PM »

Nice interruption, Jarmo!  Grin

The twitter feud reached Toronto! This was reported in Friday's paper.

https://torontosun.com/entertainment/celebrity/axl-rose-feuds-on-twitter-with-ahole-treasury-secretary-steve-mnuchin/wcm/93572c16-0025-4ceb-a038-94feaef8b201

I had to laugh at how the journalist finished the piece with a reminder of this:

"In 2018 [Axl] also clashed with Trump over the President’s decision to play Guns N’ Roses music at his rallies."

hihi - kills me
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 01:22:25 PM by KillerK » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #5872 on: May 10, 2020, 04:16:16 PM »

Two Axl mentions on SNL last night.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #5873 on: May 11, 2020, 03:11:37 AM »

I didn't attack you.

Jesus Christ, I have to quote your own words back to you again to get you to take a little personal responsibility?

It seems as you are now the one that has a problem with me thinking what I want to think. as in you don't agree with me! boo hoo.get over it.

This is utterly juvenile.

you nit picked my original post and found the one thing I said that was my opinion while ignoring the rest.

You mean, I responded to a thing you said? To quote you: "this is a message board". Roll Eyes

The rest of your comment was unrelated to that statement. You insisted your opinion was an undeniable fact. I didn't take issue with anything else you said, just that. You're dodging yet again.

that seems to me that you are trying to instigate an argument. now you are diagnosing my behavior and giving me advice? "I should look in a  mirror"

According to you, anyone expressing a differing opinion is "trying to instigate an argument". I wasn't the one using childish terms like "boo hoo" which are literally instigating words.

I was simply calmly pointing out that you falsely asserted your opinion as a fact. And you've gone on to get defensive and emotional and tried to turn it around and attack me. Which again, is what narcissists do, a textbook example. I know because I've lived with one. They never defend their own behavior or statements, they just immediately go on the offensive.

you surely have to have the last word( but I am the narcissist). so go ahead and get out your microscope and find a word I fudged.

And of course, we move on to the final major tactic of the narcissist; RVO: Reversing Victim and Offender. Of course, it's I who are the bad one for calling you out!

Ironically, it is yet another tactic of theirs to in fact NOT seek the last word, but to cut and run when they know they have exhausted their defense mechanisms (because of course they cannot defend their selves on the facts of the issue).

Of course, if you'd simply fudged a word, you could have easily said that from the start. But there is no plain way of seeing how one could typo their way into the statement: "no one can deny [my opinion]". Especially when everything else you said supported that argument. You're trying to gaslight me and it will never work.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5874 on: May 11, 2020, 06:45:12 AM »

^^
Send a pm ffs, we don’t need to read this shit.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #5875 on: May 14, 2020, 09:02:14 AM »

^^
Send a pm ffs , we don’t need to read this shit.
Better still get a room, kiss n Make-up  Kiss
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #5876 on: May 14, 2020, 09:15:53 PM »

^^
Send a pm ffs , we don’t need to read this shit.
Better still get a room, kiss n Make-up  Kiss
It is over. live and let die. peace
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5877 on: June 01, 2020, 07:11:35 AM »

Axl Rose @axlrose

Lamestream media ISN’T doing everything within their power 2 foment hatred n’ anarchy, that’s U! As long as we get what Ur doing, that Ur FAKE NEWS n’ a truly bad, repulsive excuse 4 a person w/a sick agenda, we can work past U w/whatever it takes 2 a better, stronger future!!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5878 on: June 02, 2020, 09:53:14 AM »

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/1267642952849002496

Guns N' Roses
@gunsnroses
We stand on the side of justice. Black Lives Matter.

/jarmo

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #5879 on: June 02, 2020, 02:14:53 PM »

I hope America fixes itself one day. Lovely people, but there's a massive divide in values up and down the country.
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: