Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:06:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1452408 times)
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #5240 on: February 09, 2017, 08:06:25 AM »

‏@DuffMcKagan

Told we had to stay on plane last night in Sydney; 'airport security' wanted to do a check. We waited. It was Angus Young in an orange vest!

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
alcapone_dudu
Rocker

Black Frog

« Reply #5241 on: February 10, 2017, 09:02:25 AM »

‏@DuffMcKagan

Told we had to stay on plane last night in Sydney; 'airport security' wanted to do a check. We waited. It was Angus Young in an orange vest!

What?!?! We've gotta see this.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5242 on: March 03, 2017, 02:30:41 AM »

Guns N' Roses‏ @gunsnroses
Australia!
Relive every #GnFnR #NotInThisLifetime Tour show by checking out the photos at http://smarturl.it/NITL  pic.twitter.com/A0id6FH6gF

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5243 on: March 12, 2017, 12:16:21 PM »

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #5244 on: March 12, 2017, 12:51:46 PM »

C u soon Axl!!! June 2nd in Lisbon, and to think that last year in may i was seeing him in lisbon with ac dc. Cant really complain, Axl is working harder than ever!  beer

Chinese Democracy!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5245 on: March 17, 2017, 01:18:35 PM »

Guns N' Roses 3‏9 minutes ago

Happy F?n #StPatricksDay!
http://smarturl.it/GnFnR2017

Video: https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/842776724517535744

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5246 on: March 20, 2017, 05:21:19 PM »

North America!
Only a few more days are left to win tickets to see #GnFnR on the #NotInThisLifetime Tour
Enter Here: http://tuns.pk/7nJj-ss

izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #5247 on: March 23, 2017, 03:28:09 AM »

North America!
Only a few more days are left to win tickets to see #GnFnR on the #NotInThisLifetime Tour

What strike me the most is the sea of smartphones in the audience  Embarrassed
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5248 on: March 23, 2017, 09:42:09 AM »

That is the world we live in.

Of course, it's also those phones that get us the periscope links we all watch each night.  So we can't get too high and mighty here.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #5249 on: March 23, 2017, 09:42:11 AM »

North America!

What strike me the most is the sea of smartphones in the audience  Embarrassed

They're taking pictures!

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #5250 on: March 23, 2017, 09:48:28 AM »

That is the world we live in.

Of course, it's also those phones that get us the periscope links we all watch each night.  So we can't get too high and mighty here.

Correct.  If these fancy phones existed in the 80's, do you think people would still have used lighters???
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5251 on: March 23, 2017, 10:29:40 AM »

Went to a gig last night- woman near me spent the whole gig filming it with a camera, just watching the whole show through a crappy screen. Barely looked at the stage. Didn't look like much fun to me! I'd much rather be involved in the night, enjoying the moment for what it is, than spending all night creating a crappy quality video I'll probably never watch. It's the world we live in though- personally I think it's sad, as it can really really reduce the atmosphere at a gig when people are just static, watching everything through a screen. Their loss though- they're missing out on the moment.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #5252 on: March 23, 2017, 11:23:24 AM »

Went to a gig last night- woman near me spent the whole gig filming it with a camera, just watching the whole show through a crappy screen. Barely looked at the stage. Didn't look like much fun to me! I'd much rather be involved in the night, enjoying the moment for what it is, than spending all night creating a crappy quality video I'll probably never watch. It's the world we live in though- personally I think it's sad, as it can really really reduce the atmosphere at a gig when people are just static, watching everything through a screen. Their loss though- they're missing out on the moment.

Exactly, it's their loss...although they may not see it that way.  They may see it as they're trying to preserve a moment in time.  I saw GnR 3 times last year (4 including Axl/DC)...I can't say I would've had a better time if people didn't use their phones.  If someone wants to record entire songs or the whole show, so be it.  Not my cup of tea, but it's not going to stop me from having a good time.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #5253 on: March 23, 2017, 02:35:16 PM »

Exactly, it's their loss...although they may not see it that way.  They may see it as they're trying to preserve a moment in time.  I saw GnR 3 times last year (4 including Axl/DC)...I can't say I would've had a better time if people didn't use their phones.  If someone wants to record entire songs or the whole show, so be it.  Not my cup of tea, but it's not going to stop me from having a good time.

Not my cup of tea either. Actually I have doubts that those who film the concerts watch the videos later. IMO they only do it so they can post on Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter or Facebook to show off.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5254 on: March 23, 2017, 04:56:44 PM »

Not my cup of tea either. Actually I have doubts that those who film the concerts watch the videos later. IMO they only do it so they can post on Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter or Facebook to show off.

Definitely the case I reckon. It's all part of the current trend to convince others (and yourself?) you're having a great time. Constant self promotion, bragging, and 'look at me'. Pretty worrying really, from a psychological perspective. It's the modern equivalent of some boring fuck turning up and showing you through hundreds of pictures of their holiday. But constant! And people have no idea how little others care about their very ordinary lives. Social media can fuck right off! There's so many books to read, films to see, music to play, etc etc (and internet forums to post on!) to bother with that shit.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5255 on: March 23, 2017, 09:09:23 PM »

They're also the same people periscoping the shows so we can watch them when they are on the other side of the world. I wish every one would stop getting so preachy about how someone else is supposed to enjoy a concert.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #5256 on: March 23, 2017, 10:32:03 PM »

They're also the same people periscoping the shows so we can watch them when they are on the other side of the world. I wish every one would stop getting so preachy about how someone else is supposed to enjoy a concert.

Hahaha. No shit. Fucking arm chair psychology.

I go to a bunch of shows every year and I record certain songs, or maybe solos. (I'm guessing two to three songs on average.) I make great recordings that I don't share on youtube, facebook, etc. (With the exception of a limited number of pictures I take.)
And, yeah, I do listen to them because I know just what I'm doing when I record them.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5257 on: March 24, 2017, 07:47:17 AM »

Hahaha. No shit. Fucking arm chair psychology.

I go to a bunch of shows every year and I record certain songs, or maybe solos. (I'm guessing two to three songs on average.) I make great recordings that I don't share on youtube, facebook, etc. (With the exception of a limited number of pictures I take.)
And, yeah, I do listen to them because I know just what I'm doing when I record them.

I wonder what Axl would have thought of this 15 years ago. Cheesy

"...It don't really matter..."
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #5258 on: March 24, 2017, 10:42:56 AM »

I'm definately not trying to tell how someone else is supposed to enjoy a concert. People should feel free to do whatever the fuck they want. But I think we have a problem when people film the shows and it disturb others to enjoy the same show.

Here in Brazil, all the shows are general admission, which means everyone's on their feet. Now, I'm a guy, I'm tall, I can see the stage even with other people holding their phones up high. But I took my girlfriend to see the Rolling Stons, and she literally saw nothing of it. She went to the stadium to see the band through the big screen.

As for the Periscopes, I did enjoy them, especially on the very first shows, when the band reuniting was something fresh and new. But on the other hand, by the time I went to see them in Sao Paulo, very little was left for surprise you know? I know it's my fault, because noone forced me to see the broadcasts. I'm just saying I miss the days we went to concerts barely knowing the setlists.

I was blown away at the shows, but I knew all the songs that would be played, the order, the jams, etc. I could've been more blown away if I didn't know that beforehand.

Lastly, back when people didn't need to do every step of their lives using a cellphone, the crowds were much more enjoyable. Just take ACDC's concert at Argentina, which was released as a BluRay. You can barely one cellphone, and the crowd is going absolutely mental. It makes for a better concert experience overall IMO.

Anyway, to each their own.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 10:45:51 AM by Eduardo » Logged
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5259 on: March 24, 2017, 01:31:18 PM »

Just take ACDC's concert at Argentina, which was released as a BluRay. You can barely one cellphone, and the crowd is going absolutely mental. It makes for a better concert experience overall IMO.

Anyway, to each their own.

I agree with that last line, because to be honest the last thing I want to be doing is bouncing up and down in a sea of people for three hours. I'm there to watch a concert not take part in a 100K person P90x workout. 
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: