Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:12:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1452373 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5260 on: March 24, 2017, 02:46:31 PM »

IMO, the only real problem is when people gets in the way of other people when trying to take selfies and stuff. I could care less if the majority of the crowd wants to headbang and jump in every single song, I'm too old for this shit. Tongue

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5261 on: March 24, 2017, 11:55:35 PM »

Kat Benzova‏ @KatBenzova
Axl #shotbykat gunsnroses #gnfnr #notinthislifetime #axlrose #photography

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #5262 on: March 25, 2017, 05:09:34 PM »

https://twitter.com/axlrose/status/845729936849678336

Gotta love Axl for speaking up!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #5263 on: March 25, 2017, 06:09:35 PM »

Personally I find him boring...never spoke for 20 years and now keep on talkin about trump like it's a personal question, or like any other obsessive vip out there...

I sense he probably voted once in his life after the jimmy kimmel thing and still can't digest the defeat  hihi
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #5264 on: March 26, 2017, 12:41:02 AM »

Personally I find him boring...never spoke for 20 years and now keep on talkin about trump like it's a personal question.
The Presidents corruption, bullying and incompetence is every citizens personal business. And in Trumps case, the personal business of millions of people allover the world.

Celebrities are also role models, (like it or not, people look up to them). its a good thing when they speak and act about things they care about. Axl has always ranted about things that bugs him. Now theres twitter.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 12:42:33 AM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #5265 on: March 26, 2017, 09:14:29 AM »

Got no problem with Axl speaking up. Even if I don't necessary agree with him on politics I appreciate him not shoving his political opinion down the throat of his fans like many artists seem to do now.

Big difference between sharing your opinion on things political VS telling your audience who they should support/vote for.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 09:25:15 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #5266 on: March 26, 2017, 10:19:03 AM »

I wish band members would refrain from talking about politics at all. I always assumed Axl was smarter than average, but now I see it's not the case since he seems to be buying into the whole Russian connection BS. What a total disappointment.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #5267 on: March 26, 2017, 10:24:28 AM »

Celebrities are also role models, (like it or not, people look up to them).

I don't think that's the case at all. People are getting sick and tired of out-of-touch millionaires telling them what to think.

Entertainers should stick with what they know best, that is entertaining. At least in the public domain.

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #5268 on: March 26, 2017, 01:04:53 PM »

That's a tag others dump on them.

None that I know of set out to be role models, mearly getting the shit storm when they are themselves rather than what being "paid a lot of money" seems to suggest that they "SHOULD" be like... WTF does being paid, talented or other reason to be in the public eye have to do with being a role model? Unless that's what you alone admire.

Good, bad or indifferent, its surely for an individual to decide who inspires them, not any popularity or monetry measurement that MSM use to set the bar. My dad was my role model, have more respect for him as a man than any other person ever, not rich, nor a saint, but a hero in my eyes. ok
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:06:53 PM by The Wight Gunner » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5269 on: March 27, 2017, 10:35:22 AM »

That's a tag others dump on them.

None that I know of set out to be role models, mearly getting the shit storm when they are themselves rather than what being "paid a lot of money" seems to suggest that they "SHOULD" be like... WTF does being paid, talented or other reason to be in the public eye have to do with being a role model? Unless that's what you alone admire.

Good, bad or indifferent, its surely for an individual to decide who inspires them, not any popularity or monetry measurement that MSM use to set the bar. My dad was my role model, have more respect for him as a man than any other person ever, not rich, nor a saint, but a hero in my eyes. ok

Totally agree. Especially the Dad bit.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #5270 on: March 27, 2017, 10:49:56 AM »

I wish band members would refrain from talking about politics at all. I always assumed Axl was smarter than average, but now I see it's not the case since he seems to be buying into the whole Russian connection BS. What a total disappointment.

So you thought Axl was smarter than average until you found out he may have opinions unlike yours.  Roll Eyes

Exactly why the country is so divided politically. Each side assumes the other side's opinion is coming from a place of ignorance.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #5271 on: March 27, 2017, 08:03:43 PM »

Oh yes heaven forbid Axl speak out against the Russian puppet.  Roll Eyes
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #5272 on: March 28, 2017, 04:40:13 AM »

So you thought Axl was smarter than average until you found out he may have opinions unlike yours.  Roll Eyes

Having an opinion/being against Trump for concrete, reasonable reasons and relaying the gross anti-russian propaganda from the MSM are two completely different things. If you can't see what the media's agenda against Russia has been for years, then I'm afraid I can't help you. And this forum is probably not the right place to discuss that.

Today he blabbered some idiotic crap again, implying that he put Trump and Sessions on the same level as violent street criminals. How am I supposed to take this seriously? Such excessive statements are simply counter-productive.

By the way I'm not American so I have no direct interest in american politics. I'm not Russian either. I'm just an outsider looking in.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5273 on: March 28, 2017, 07:05:57 AM »

Having an opinion/being against Trump for concrete, reasonable reasons and relaying the gross anti-russian propaganda from the MSM are two completely different things. If you can't see what the media's agenda against Russia has been for years, then I'm afraid I can't help you. And this forum is probably not the right place to discuss that.

Today he blabbered some idiotic crap again, implying that he put Trump and Sessions on the same level as violent street criminals. How am I supposed to take this seriously? Such excessive statements are simply counter-productive.

By the way I'm not American so I have no direct interest in american politics. I'm not Russian either. I'm just an outsider looking in.

I'd say the politics is nothing new. The lyrics to Chinese Democracy are very political! Civil War, Paradise City, Knocking On Heavens Door etc are all political.

Personally I love him making comments on the situation. He obviously feels pretty strongly about it all, and it's every humans (supposed) right to be able to express their feelings. It's also people's right to ignore them though too of course!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5274 on: March 28, 2017, 08:07:27 AM »

I'd say the politics is nothing new. The lyrics to Chinese Democracy are very political! Civil War, Paradise City, Knocking On Heavens Door etc are all political.

Personally I love him making comments on the situation. He obviously feels pretty strongly about it all, and it's every humans (supposed) right to be able to express their feelings. It's also people's right to ignore them though too of course!

While I do usually take the 'shut up and sing' stance when an artist is on stage (There is no one less tolerable during a concert than Bruce Springsteen), I certainly have no problem with them expressing themselves especially in the way Axl traditionally has through songs. By doing it in song it lets the artist get the point out in a less preachy way, and lets the audience interpret the lyrics in their own way as well. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with Axl's political leanings, but looking at the US audience and this past election cycle he is alienating 50% of the audience (more if you take Governors, House, and Senate race outcomes into consideration) if he were to bring it up on stage, which he rarely does (Latin America being an exception). The twitter thing though is where I cringe a bit... most of his 'jokes' on twitter are super vague and make little sense. They seem like Jay Leno jokes that have to be explained... It's not just these last two Trump jokes about the Whitehouse menu having Borscht. So it's not the thought or sharing of the thought that somewhat bothers me, it's the delivery... We're told his is very funny and constantly joking, however it doesn't seem to translate well to twitter with him. THAT SAID... I wonder if it is because he isn't actually the one tweeting??? Sometimes his tweets seem to be written as if English isn't his first language
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5275 on: March 28, 2017, 08:25:40 AM »

While I do usually take the 'shut up and sing' stance when an artist is on stage (There is no one less tolerable during a concert than Bruce Springsteen), I certainly have no problem with them expressing themselves especially in the way Axl traditionally has through songs. By doing it in song it lets the artist get the point out in a less preachy way, and lets the audience interpret the lyrics in their own way as well. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with Axl's political leanings, but looking at the US audience and this past election cycle he is alienating 50% of the audience (more if you take Governors, House, and Senate race outcomes into consideration) if he were to bring it up on stage, which he rarely does (Latin America being an exception). The twitter thing though is where I cringe a bit... most of his 'jokes' on twitter are super vague and make little sense. They seem like Jay Leno jokes that have to be explained... It's not just these last two Trump jokes about the Whitehouse menu having Borscht. So it's not the thought or sharing of the thought that somewhat bothers me, it's the delivery... We're told his is very funny and constantly joking, however it doesn't seem to translate well to twitter with him. THAT SAID... I wonder if it is because he isn't actually the one tweeting??? Sometimes his tweets seem to be written as if English isn't his first language

From what I've seen, I'm not convinced it's him sending those tweets either. It seems a bit at odds with his previous way of doing things- all those emoticons and stuff? I just can't see him doing it, given his radio silence for years and years.

Going back the original point though- you forget that many, many Springsteen fans are attracted to his music by the politics. That's what he does, and has done for years- and if people don't like it, they don't go and see him. OK, maybe he alienates some people, but who cares? It's refreshing when artists don't care about things that i think. Go out, be themselves, take it or leave it. Surely that's what rock n roll is all about? 

I sort of feel the same about Twitter- I mean, really, the only contact I have with the thing is when people post stuff on here, as I've no interest in that sort of stuff. It's so easily ignored if people don't like it. If Axl (or not Axl as may well be the case) wants to post loads of silly little faces and balloons, fine. I sort of think that kind of thing is a bit pathetic, but I'm not going to be wasting any time looking at it though so I can't complain too much!

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5276 on: March 28, 2017, 08:29:32 AM »

Also, surely  Axl's views on politics can be summed up by the line from Sorry:

"you know where to put your 'Just Shut Up And Sing' "

Surely after that lyric, no one can be surprised he is expressing his views on politics?! 

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5277 on: March 28, 2017, 08:45:11 AM »

Going back the original point though- you forget that many, many Springsteen fans are attracted to his music by the politics. That's what he does, and has done for years- and if people don't like it, they don't go and see him. OK, maybe he alienates some people, but who cares? It's refreshing when artists don't care about things that i think. Go out, be themselves, take it or leave it. Surely that's what rock n roll is all about? 

I wouldn't say a lot of fans are attracted by it, most tolerate it. His current stage persona really only kicked into full gear in 2004 around the Bush re-election. He has always taken 10 minutes on stage rambling while introducing songs but everything was always rooted in his childhood, teen years, and Jersey (with a few notable exceptions like Born in the USA)... It really wasn't until that early to mid 2000's timeframe where he became such an outspoken political figure... Now if you said Bono, yes that is how he has always been due to the political climate in Ireland which he then spun into a more global view with his stance on AIDS and hunger in Africa as examples. BUT like I said, I have no issue with the political stance it's the delivery that I tend to have a bigger issue with, and thus far I have no issue with Axl's view or sharing of it other than the oddity of the tweets.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5278 on: March 28, 2017, 10:48:15 AM »

I wouldn't say a lot of fans are attracted by it, most tolerate it. His current stage persona really only kicked into full gear in 2004 around the Bush re-election. He has always taken 10 minutes on stage rambling while introducing songs but everything was always rooted in his childhood, teen years, and Jersey (with a few notable exceptions like Born in the USA)... It really wasn't until that early to mid 2000's timeframe where he became such an outspoken political figure... Now if you said Bono, yes that is how he has always been due to the political climate in Ireland which he then spun into a more global view with his stance on AIDS and hunger in Africa as examples. BUT like I said, I have no issue with the political stance it's the delivery that I tend to have a bigger issue with, and thus far I have no issue with Axl's view or sharing of it other than the oddity of the tweets.

There's some pretty big onstage rants in the 80s- Born In The USA stuff! Weirdly though, he's sort of stopped doing the politics on stage (largely) for some reason, which strange to me, given the highly charged times we live in! Perhaps he is starting to think about alienation and profit margins after all! haha!

Can you really imagine Axl sitting with a smartphone in his hand, firing off this stuff? It's got to be someone else doing it.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #5279 on: March 28, 2017, 04:13:16 PM »

^^^I agree, the forum does make a difference.  People should just get off social media if they get so rash assed about people sharing opinions.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: