Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:27:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1452512 times)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #5280 on: March 28, 2017, 04:49:42 PM »

Going back the original point though- you forget that many, many Springsteen fans are attracted to his music by the politics. That's what he does, and has done for years- and if people don't like it, they don't go and see him. OK, maybe he alienates some people, but who cares? It's refreshing when artists don't care about things that i think. Go out, be themselves, take it or leave it. Surely that's what rock n roll is all about? 

I wouldn't say a lot of fans are attracted by it, most tolerate it. His current stage persona really only kicked into full gear in 2004 around the Bush re-election. He has always taken 10 minutes on stage rambling while introducing songs but everything was always rooted in his childhood, teen years, and Jersey (with a few notable exceptions like Born in the USA)... It really wasn't until that early to mid 2000's timeframe where he became such an outspoken political figure... Now if you said Bono, yes that is how he has always been due to the political climate in Ireland which he then spun into a more global view with his stance on AIDS and hunger in Africa as examples. BUT like I said, I have no issue with the political stance it's the delivery that I tend to have a bigger issue with, and thus far I have no issue with Axl's view or sharing of it other than the oddity of the tweets.

There's some pretty big onstage rants in the 80s- Born In The USA stuff! Weirdly though, he's sort of stopped doing the politics on stage (largely) for some reason, which strange to me, given the highly charged times we live in! Perhaps he is starting to think about alienation and profit margins after all! haha!

Can you really imagine Axl sitting with a smartphone in his hand, firing off this stuff? It's got to be someone else doing it.
He hasent completely stopped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9nJkm8bwMI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ILeAr35Yrw

Im quite sure its Axl posting those tweets. The tweets sound too personal to be written by a publicist.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5281 on: March 28, 2017, 06:10:54 PM »

I'm also sure all on Axl's twitter account is actually him.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #5282 on: March 29, 2017, 07:34:36 AM »

I remember a time fondly where a musical artist had something to say that they cared about deeply, they would usually write a song about it and release it...

How times have changed. Now apparently 140 characters is the more admired form of expression...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5283 on: March 29, 2017, 07:53:10 AM »

I remember a time fondly where a musical artist had something to say that they cared about deeply, they would usually write a song about it and release it...

How times have changed. Now apparently 140 characters is the more admired form of expression...

Not sure 'admired' is the case. 'Consumed' for sure, but not 'admired'. Not in my world anyway. I do think though that for a lot of people their whole world is social media- twitter, facebook all that. Whenever I'm at a bar or something, and look around, it's all anyone is doing. Communicating with people other than the people they're sat with. I feel very sorry for them. A constant state of anxiety and fear of missing out on something must be involved.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #5284 on: March 29, 2017, 08:28:42 AM »

Not sure 'admired' is the case. 'Consumed' for sure, but not 'admired'. Not in my world anyway. I do think though that for a lot of people their whole world is social media- twitter, facebook all that. Whenever I'm at a bar or something, and look around, it's all anyone is doing. Communicating with people other than the people they're sat with. I feel very sorry for them. A constant state of anxiety and fear of missing out on something must be involved.

Theres nothing wrong with music with a message.
Theres nothing wrong with music without a message either.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #5285 on: March 29, 2017, 10:18:36 AM »

I'm also sure all on Axl's twitter account is actually him.

100 % Axl Rose

Only Axl can call Jeff Sessions criminal, thinking he won't be sued for sure by the uncensured lawyer  hihi rofl
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 10:35:33 AM by ITARocker » Logged
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5286 on: March 29, 2017, 02:04:52 PM »

"Sleight of Hand"/"Bait and Switch"/"Divert to Deviate" whichever it is, a lot of you seemed to have fallen for it.

No talk of new music for you!  NEXT!!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #5287 on: April 01, 2017, 08:59:07 AM »

I meant the people communicating that message, not the ones receiving it...
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5288 on: April 20, 2017, 12:22:48 PM »

Guns N' Roses
How?s this for a view?
#GnFnR with Angus Young in Sydney #TBT

[short clip of Riff Raff]
https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses/videos/10155274267328069/

Gypsy reply to "How's this for a view?"
@gunsnroses:  Thank you for asking.  IMHO, That view SUCKS! 
Please take ALL videos n' pics from IN FRONT of the stage.
That 'view' is the exact reason venues don't sell the seats located behind the stage.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5289 on: April 23, 2017, 03:09:06 PM »

HOORAY!!!  @gunsnroses must have read my previous post request and posted this twitter gif taken IN FRONT of the stage!!!  Grin

Guns N' Roses‏ @gunsnroses
#GnFnR

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5290 on: April 24, 2017, 07:01:45 PM »

Guns N' Roses‏ @gunsnroses
Follow Guns N? Roses on Spotify and stream your favorite #GnFnR songs now http://spoti.fi/ThisIsGNR

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5291 on: May 14, 2017, 07:03:12 PM »

Axl Rose @axlrose‏
Crazy Night @billyjoel

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5292 on: May 15, 2017, 02:03:51 PM »

Axl Rose  @axlrose 3 hours ago

HUGE THANKS 2 Billy Joel, his band, crew n' Amazing Fans 4 having me b a part of their show!!🎉🔥💥💥😎😎😎

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #5293 on: May 17, 2017, 09:19:29 PM »

Axl in Twitter tonight

Hope Mueller does better than he did with Interscope.

I've seen enough.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5294 on: May 17, 2017, 11:38:01 PM »

95.5 KLOSFM@955KLOS  15m15 minutes ago

We've got a huge @gunsnroses announcement next week!! Any guesses? -mm

This was posted tonight by KLOS in LA on twitter.
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5295 on: May 18, 2017, 12:52:59 AM »

Axl in Twitter tonight

OK. Hmm. Does anyone get the Interscope reference?

Apparently there's a Melanne Mueller who was with Universal Music Group from 2007-2009 (right in the ChiDem release ballpark) as Senior VP of their Classical division, but I'm not sure where the connection to Interscope comes in, if there is one. That's the best I could come up with.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5296 on: May 18, 2017, 05:48:04 AM »

Axl in Twitter tonight

Apparently there's a Melanne Mueller who was with Universal Music Group from 2007-2009 (right in the ChiDem release ballpark) as Senior VP of their Classical division, but I'm not sure where the connection to Interscope comes in, if there is one. That's the best I could come up with.

In 2011 Interscope records offices were investigated as part of drug trafficking by the FBI. I presume Robert Mueller was part of this operation.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5297 on: May 18, 2017, 03:36:57 PM »

Axl in Twitter tonight

In 2011 Interscope records offices were investigated as part of drug trafficking by the FBI. I presume Robert Mueller was part of this operation.

Thanks. That makes sense.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5298 on: May 18, 2017, 04:57:38 PM »

Slash‏ @Slash 7 hours ago

Shocked & saddened by the news of Chris Cornell's passing. RIP. https://www.instagram.com/p/BUPIZaThEHy/

Duff McKagan‏ @DuffMcKagan 3 hours ago

RIP Chris Cornell. Truly sad for his children and family....and the rest of us. A good man.

Sad

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5299 on: May 19, 2017, 07:27:32 PM »

Axl gave Richard a blade.

4tus  Official "Not In This Lifetime", tour knife (gift from Axl). Time to cut stuff!

Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: