Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:57:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1452546 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5440 on: May 22, 2017, 08:10:29 PM »

Everything I hear is that this next North American leg is not selling nearly as well as the first one. They could be further pushing whatever hype gets produced by this announcement to funnel interest back to the tour page for ticket sales.

This is what I'm thinking as well. The summer US tour is not selling well so maybe a "rebranding" of the tour into an AFD 30th tour would help sell tickets.

Yeah, odd the video timeline stopped right after Israel, as if the U.S. leg *hadn't* already been announced.  Perhaps you're correct about them rebranding to help ailing ticket sales. Seem like they'll try anything BUT new music to help keep things afloat.

While I doubt it, it could be something like a single to give the US dates a little kick in the ass... Live Nation (which normally wouldn't be part of the new music process) does have a financial interest in moving those US tickets, which means they would advertise, retweet, etc... to gain more momentum.

Again, come tomorrow I don't think new music is on the top of the most likely outcomes list... BUT I do see a benefit for both the band and a concert promoter/ticket engine in releasing something.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5441 on: May 22, 2017, 08:15:01 PM »

Everything I hear is that this next North American leg is not selling nearly as well as the first one. They could be further pushing whatever hype gets produced by this announcement to funnel interest back to the tour page for ticket sales.

This is what I'm thinking as well. The summer US tour is not selling well so maybe a "rebranding" of the tour into an AFD 30th tour would help sell tickets.

Yeah, odd the video timeline stopped right after Israel, as if the U.S. leg *hadn't* already been announced.  Perhaps you're correct about them rebranding to help ailing ticket sales. Seem like they'll try anything BUT new music to help keep things afloat.

While I doubt it, it could be something like a single to give the US dates a little kick in the ass... Live Nation (which normally wouldn't be part of the new music process) does have a financial interest in moving those US tickets, which means they would advertise, retweet, etc... to gain more momentum.

Again, come tomorrow I don't think new music is on the top of the most likely outcomes list... BUT I do see a benefit for both the band and a concert promoter/ticket engine in releasing something.

A new single featuring Axl, Slash & Duff would absolutely give things a kick in the ass, giving the band boatloads of media attention which would boost ticket sales. From that perspective, Live Nation would have a vested interest in sharing said news.  The trouble is, Axl is seemingly so damn adverse to the idea of that becoming a reality...for whatever reason...that in the end it's just so unlikely.  I'd love to be wrong on Wednesday.  But I won't be.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #5442 on: May 23, 2017, 12:26:33 AM »

GNR is already selling massive ammount of tickets, all over the world, and the whole world also knows Axl/Slash/Duff are back together. They have toured a lot, european dates are coming, and the first step to have the band back in the big leagues will be done.

The next step MUST be new music. The world basically don't know Chinese Democracy (which is sad, because its an extraordinary album, the best in GNR's discography IMO) so if the touring keeps going on indefinetely GNR will be catalogued as a nostalgic act and nothing else.

Once this ''semi-reunion tour'' is done, once the AFD anniversary celebration is done, GNR needs to focus in releasing new music. I would love something to happen that will not happen (the band releasing stuff from the 1996-2006 era). I know that wouldnt sell. But I do think GNR can release a few new songs made by the current lineup (in something like a digital EP) and then some individual songs from the ''newgnr'' era, at least for the hardcore fans. And then perform them live at the shows. That would be refreshing, and that would give the band time to create and release a full new album (and lots of press). They are all still young, talented, and after this multi-millionaire tour, money aint gonna be a problem.

GNR cant stay in the safe zone much longer. Once the reunion hype is gone, the only thing that will keep this band in the big leagues is new music.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5443 on: May 23, 2017, 06:11:56 AM »

This is interesting.....given the date.

http://www.whiskyagogo.com/site/event/la-guns-electric-hounds-michael-baja-motheride-scultone-ragbone/

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5444 on: May 23, 2017, 09:57:57 AM »

GNR cant stay in the safe zone much longer. Once the reunion hype is gone, the only thing that will keep this band in the big leagues is new music.
But they can stay in the safe zone for a while longer. They can focus on Illusions. On accoustic. On Spagghetti. They can just keep touring with their old songs or not be in the road at all. Sad

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5445 on: May 23, 2017, 10:07:19 AM »

But they can stay in the safe zone for a while longer. They can focus on Illusions. On accoustic. On Spagghetti. They can just keep touring with their old songs or not be in the road at all. Sad

They can stay in the safe zone for their rest of their lives/careers. Plenty of bands do. Bands I'm not interested in, but still pack out venues, as they give people what they want. A night of nostalgia, where they don't have to be 'challenged' by any new material.

It's what a large majority of the public wants unfortunately.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #5446 on: May 23, 2017, 11:44:35 AM »

GNR is already selling massive ammount of tickets, all over the world, and the whole world also knows Axl/Slash/Duff are back together. They have toured a lot, european dates are coming, and the first step to have the band back in the big leagues will be done.

The next step MUST be new music. The world basically don't know Chinese Democracy (which is sad, because its an extraordinary album, the best in GNR's discography IMO) so if the touring keeps going on indefinetely GNR will be catalogued as a nostalgic act and nothing else.

Once this ''semi-reunion tour'' is done, once the AFD anniversary celebration is done, GNR needs to focus in releasing new music. I would love something to happen that will not happen (the band releasing stuff from the 1996-2006 era). I know that wouldnt sell. But I do think GNR can release a few new songs made by the current lineup (in something like a digital EP) and then some individual songs from the ''newgnr'' era, at least for the hardcore fans. And then perform them live at the shows. That would be refreshing, and that would give the band time to create and release a full new album (and lots of press). They are all still young, talented, and after this multi-millionaire tour, money aint gonna be a problem.

I really think like you, the excitement about Slash return and Duff return is gone.

It's like a football team that wins a game, every game is a game, and the fans always want to win, if not win the team is booed.

I hope they release something new, so that the life of the band extends, of great bands GNR is the only one that is active and offers nothing new to the fans! The band needs to evolve accordingly.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #5447 on: May 23, 2017, 01:07:06 PM »

... but it's that what professional musicians want?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Jsz
Opening Act

« Reply #5448 on: May 23, 2017, 01:47:57 PM »

Ran by Tower Records + Billboard + The Trubadour..

Long story short nothing is going on:

1. Billboard is still there - nothing new
2. Tower - No movement in the building at all (I watched for ~ 30 minutes.)  They are using the lot as a valet lot for local businesses -- but not one person went in or out of the building
3. Trubadour - also no movement/box office was closed

Id upload pictures -- but I can't figure out how!

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #5449 on: May 23, 2017, 01:57:19 PM »

Their actions will tell us what they want.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5450 on: May 23, 2017, 02:16:26 PM »

They can stay in the safe zone for their rest of their lives/careers. Plenty of bands do. Bands I'm not interested in, but still pack out venues, as they give people what they want. A night of nostalgia, where they don't have to be 'challenged' by any new material.

100% accurate.

I'm not sure where some of you are living.  I sat in a building last summer with 50,000 fellow GNR fans.

Fans that were there to hear anything new?  Zero.  In fact, mostly blank faces in my section when the CD songs were played.

If they announce a U.S. arena tour in 2020, it will sell just fine.  A new album would be great.  But again, how many people are going to that show and hoping they play half of said new album.

Very few.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5451 on: May 23, 2017, 02:18:29 PM »

If you see this current incarnation being more about concept pushing art versus obscene profit generation, we differ greatly.

I'd also ask what exactly you base that on.  I see a band riding out the rest of their days on their established fame.

And I'm fine with that.  Can't get blood from a stone, and can't get Axl to give a fuck.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5452 on: May 23, 2017, 02:51:11 PM »

Due to the events in Manchester, whatever was planned for May 24th, will now happen on Thursday morning.

Stay tuned, and Nightrain members make sure you check the official site on Thursday.  ok

Edit: NOW, not NOT....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 03:24:36 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jsz
Opening Act

« Reply #5453 on: May 23, 2017, 03:00:23 PM »

Due to the events in Manchester, whatever was planned for May 24th, will not happen on Thursday morning.

Stay tuned, and Nightrain members make sure you check the official site on Thursday.  ok

/jarmo

I assume you meant what was scheduled for 5/24 (Wednesday) - will not be happening now?
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5454 on: May 23, 2017, 03:06:06 PM »

Yea, out of respect for what happened, it would be respectful to wait a day

Jsz
Opening Act

« Reply #5455 on: May 23, 2017, 03:07:27 PM »

So I am still confused.

What was scheduled for 5/24 will now happen on 5/25. Or what was scheduled for 5/24 will not happen at all?

Thx
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5456 on: May 23, 2017, 03:24:06 PM »

It was moved to the following day.

It was a typo. Sorry.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jsz
Opening Act

« Reply #5457 on: May 23, 2017, 03:28:56 PM »

Thx for the clarification..
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5458 on: May 23, 2017, 03:30:44 PM »

So, Nightrain members will benefit from the thing happening on Thursday?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Ericnor
Rocker

« Reply #5459 on: May 23, 2017, 03:36:17 PM »

Throw us a bone, Jarmo  Grin

-E

Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: