Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:44:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227785 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1456067 times)
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #5540 on: May 25, 2017, 11:48:04 AM »

Europe is still really excited (I certainly am!) because we haven't seen the tour yet of course.
true, but I think this is valid especially for casuals. not that much for hardcores. I'm not going to the show, altough it's happening in my home city.
as I already noted before - I loved the 2006 show, got through the embarassing 2010 show, and now I'm not interested in a nostalgia kind of stuff, especially for outrageous price... maybe next time, if they come with fresh songs Smiley
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:55:35 AM by zombux » Logged

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5541 on: May 25, 2017, 11:58:26 AM »

Europe is still really excited (I certainly am!) because we haven't seen the tour yet of course.
true, but I think this is valid especially for casuals. not that much for hardcores. I'm not going to the show, altough it's happening in my home city.
as I already noted before - I loved the 2006 show, got through the embarassing 2010 show, and now I'm not interested in a nostalgia kind of stuff, especially for outrageous price... maybe next time, if they come with fresh songs Smiley

Really? Wow! I'm surprised. What city?  Doesn't any of you want to see this show then? I'm ridiculously excited for this tour.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5542 on: May 25, 2017, 12:08:16 PM »

Really? Wow! I'm surprised. What city?  Doesn't any of you want to see this show then? I'm ridiculously excited for this tour.

I think you'll find zombux is in a very small (though pretty vocal) minority of fandom.  Most people are excited to see this lineup, and have gone to see them, or plan to in the near future.

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5543 on: May 25, 2017, 12:12:43 PM »

Of course there is still demand for the gigs. It's just that there was two things:

- AFD's Anniversary, which should be celebrated properly;

- The announcement hype in that video.

Like many people said before, nobody would complain if they had just announced the new dates and moved on. The publicity strategy to overhype it wasn't enterily our fault.

zombux
Legend

« Reply #5544 on: May 25, 2017, 12:16:10 PM »

I think you'll find zombux is in a very small (though pretty vocal) minority of fandom.  Most people are excited to see this lineup, and have gone to see them, or plan to in the near future.

Smiley
yes, no doubt about that Smiley
(Prague, Czech Republic)

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5545 on: May 25, 2017, 12:25:58 PM »

Smiley
(Prague, Czech Republic)
One of the most beautiful cities I've ever been. Smiley

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5546 on: May 25, 2017, 12:27:05 PM »

Smiley
(Prague, Czech Republic)

And keep in mind, I have no problem with it. I would never tell anyone how they should spend their own money!

I'm just speaking in terms of numbers and %s. Smiley  beer

Together again,
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5547 on: May 25, 2017, 12:31:25 PM »

Smiley
(Prague, Czech Republic)

Fair play to you. I admire you for sticking to your guns (pun intended!)

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
MHC
Headliner

« Reply #5548 on: May 25, 2017, 12:52:41 PM »

I flew from Oakland to LA just so GNR could announce that they're coming to Oakland!? Dammit!

I knew it was a long shot and I'm mostly disappointed in myself for falling for the hype. This is a hard band to love. I hope the GNR camp will take into consideration both the excited reaction about some new tour dates, but also the negative reaction from the die-hard fans that really expected something more surprising and exclusive. I wouldn't go as far as to accuse anyone of false advertising, and I know that we all have dreams that are bigger than the reality of things, but this did come off as overly hyped given the full context:

1. Video states, "In April 2016 it all began with the kickoff at Tower Records", then says, "Now they're coming back home where it all began. Get in the Ring this Thursday"
2. Mysterious GNR billboard on Sunset
3. Appetite 30th anniversary

Still love you. I guess.
zombux
Legend

« Reply #5549 on: May 25, 2017, 01:30:00 PM »

Fair play to you. I admire you for sticking to your guns (pun intended!)
yup, The Dead Daisies are coming soon, got my tickets ready Wink I nearly missed them the last time, when Fortus and co. were still in (they played here the same day or the day after Paris Bataclan bombing, sad and unforgettable days).
this time I won't miss them! and I don't really care none of the GNR alumni or current members are in anymore.
THIS is gonna be fun, a fresh and enjoyable one Smiley
and yeah... as pilferk said - I must be a huge minority. I also attended a S?lstafir show in a small club, the same day as AC/DC played here on a huge outdoor festival-like place.
I just feel like I need to attend a genuine show, not a tired nostalgy sell-out act.
and again - I don't take this as flat-out negative criticism - actually, such reaction can only provoke the band to move on.
or not - of course Smiley

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #5550 on: May 25, 2017, 01:53:43 PM »

Well i said the worst case scenario would be an arena tour for the "NITL" tour i guess we can say not surprised. I m not disappointed whether I want to shell the money out to see the same song list Im not sure about yet.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5551 on: May 25, 2017, 02:17:50 PM »

Would have liked to see an announcement of a Blu Ray release of the April 1st show along with the new tour dates.  I think that could have been ideal situation.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #5552 on: May 25, 2017, 02:30:49 PM »

When I bought the tickets for two upcoming european shows back in december. I had hopes still this reunion would be about something artistic in the end. But No. I'm already bored. What maked me like them in the first place is gone. I'm still gonna go, have some beers and a good time. But not so exiting. They are like your grandads these geezers. On time, making Money. It was more interesting...a long time ago.

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #5553 on: May 25, 2017, 03:06:07 PM »

It seems to me that the fans really did not like this fake marketing issued by the band.

Sometimes we're treated like assholes. What the hell did they do great marketing just to announce some dates on the American tour?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #5554 on: May 25, 2017, 03:22:03 PM »

Bummer no Dallas show at aac. I'm guessing maybe both the Mavs and Stars are home that week or a combination of that and other events scheduled.
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #5555 on: May 26, 2017, 04:06:05 AM »

Yep. I knew it would be our fault for getting excited over our favourite band promising the whole world something 'big' through facebook videos, radio station announcements and so on. What is 'big' is apparently a handful of new dates in North America only...

Unbelievable! 'The most dangerous band in the world?' Lol.

No one is placing "blame", but...that's an awful defensive response to an off the cuff remark.

Getting excited is fine.

But the fact of the matter is...it's true.  Nobody and nothing ever alluded or insinuated it would be more.  No leaks or other information pointed to a release of new material. Right? No band member alluded to an upcoming release of material (DVD, music, or otherwise)? We've seen very few signs they're recording (other than the Slash studio pic recently). Right?  So other than a hope and a a dream...what made you think it would be something other than new shows? I thought the "Return to where it all began" thing was pretty telling...YMMV.

So, sure, you could have a wide range of "what if" scenarios rolling around in your brain. And you can prefer some of them to others. But to get all in a huff because the one you hoped against hope was going to be true? Yeah, that's whipping yourself into a frenzy....and taking the piss out of the band because they didn't meet your made up, with no other backing evidence, scenario is...IDK...odd?

Disappointment I get. I think everyone would have loved to see it be a single or album or AFD30 or DVD release.  BUT WE MADE UP THOSE POSSIBILITIES.  Collectively.  Holding the band to them and getting all bent out of shape because their announcement didn't live up to them? Ummmmmmmm..... Huh??

It really is true: When they're silent, they get the piss taken out of them.  When they're active, people bitch about set lists.  When they're engaging the fan base about something "new" coming....when it's not whatever "new" thing the fan base thinks they should do this week, they get the piss taken out of them some more.

Jesus....I'm getting really tired of saying "I told you so".....but this band can not win with some elements of this fan base. Can. Not.

When they release nothing they get criticised for releasing nothing.

Yet it's the fans fault.

When they play the same basic show hundreds of times in a row, they get rightly criticised for a stale set list.

Yet somehow it's the fans fault.

The criticism over this massively over-hyped non-announcement has been pretty much the same in most quarters, ie: the disappointment you say you understand.

However the fact this this so-called 'big announcement' is in fact nothing more than the same stale, business as usual, guess what?

Yep, apprently the fans fault for HOPING for something different for once.

But expecting or even HOPING for some art from your favourite artist is clearly outrageous and cannot even be countenanced, let alone discussed.

The closest thing we've ever had from management in response is 'complaints, complaints, complaints...'

That is one way to marginalise it. Another viewpoint is the demand we have that could be so easily be satisfied. Just let our favourite musical artist, you know produce some music...

The fact that, that topic is so taboo when discussing a musical artist?

Now THAT is odd...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 04:10:13 AM by Conan » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5556 on: May 26, 2017, 08:18:06 AM »

Again, nobody is assigning blame (well, except you).

When they release nothing they get criticised for releasing nothing.

Yet it's the fans fault.

And when they release "something", people will bitch it's not the "something" they hoped to hear from the band.

See Chinese Democracy reviews, to this day, from much of the fan base.

When they play the same basic show hundreds of times in a row, they get rightly criticised for a stale set list.

Yet somehow it's the fans fault.

When they play the same basic show, hundreds of time, in HUNDREDS OF DIFFERENT CITIES around the world, you mean?

So, you know, when 99% of the audience attending hasn't seen it.

This is akin to traveling to different movie theaters, around the world, as a movie is released in different countries, and bitching it's the same movie YOU saw the first time.

AND, if they changed up the set list, and dropped certain people's favorites in the process...those people would bitch they didn't get to see "whatever" for their show.

Before you disagree...realize that exact thing has happened for previous tours.

The criticism over this massively over-hyped non-announcement has been pretty much the same in most quarters, ie: the disappointment you say you understand.

Disappointment does not equate to frenzied bitching.  I'm disappointed the Yankees game was rained out yesterday. I'm disappointed my wife has to work on Monday.

But I'm not creating dozens of pages on the internet, or writing hundreds of words to a post, to declare how unfair it all is, and how badly treated I am by the Yankees, or how wrongly my wife is being treated by her place of employment.

What I'm saying, now, is that the level of histronics and drama, compared to the relative level of disappointment, is way out of proportion. Not wrong. Not evil. Just odd, and out of balance.

Witness your very dramatic response, which I'm now responding to, for more evidence. Wink

However the fact this this so-called 'big announcement' is in fact nothing more than the same stale, business as usual, guess what?

Yep, apprently the fans fault for HOPING for something different for once.

Again, nobody is assigning blame. BUT assuming it was something more than tour dates, with no information other than their own hopes and dream, can't possibly be the BANDS fault.  They didn't do anything wrong.

There was a range of possibilities here, that logically included more tour dates.  That's immediately what I figured it was. Others, too.  Was it on the low end the "make me happy" scale? Sure. But it was also, if you're paying attention, the single most likely outcome, IMHO. If it wasn't the most likely outcome in your brain, that's fine.  But are you seriously saying you didn't think there was one iota of chance it was more tour dates? You honestly didn't allow that that was a possible outcome?

Something happened. And, hey, they actually communicated with us before hand!

And 18 months ago, people were bitching about the silence.

Now they bitch when there isn't silence (YOU WERE TOO LOUD ABOUT THIS!!!).

See where this is going, right?

But expecting or even HOPING for some art from your favourite artist is clearly outrageous and cannot even be countenanced, let alone discussed.

Dude, there is a whole thread here about the new album speculation.  It can, and has, been discussed.  It's 100% OK to want new material.  It's 100% OK to speculate about new material.

What's not 100% OK...well, actually it is, but it's just odd (no blame, remember?)...is to pick a date out of the air, based on vague promos, and insist it must relate to new music, when nobody but the fan base has given any indication that it is, and then go hog wild when what you want to happen, and the fantasy you've created in your head, doesn't happen.

The closest thing we've ever had from management in response is 'complaints, complaints, complaints...'

Because....I mean...they're not wrong.  No matter what they do, no matter how they do it, there is a sizable, vocal segment of the fan base who bitches. About EVERYTHING.

Too silent, too loud, not enough dates, too many dates, not enough set list changes, my favorite songs didn't get played, more CD, less CD, more UYI, less UYI covers, no new music, bad music, music not released quick enough.  It goes on and on and on.

I'm NOT blaming people, either.  People are passionate, and you really can't please EVERYONE.  But...."I told you so"...back when the reunion happened, I was in a convo with jarmo and DX. I told them both that within a year, the fans would find something, anything, to complain about.  That's just what many of them have been conditioned to do.  And...here we are.  I was actually a little late on my prediction.  The set list complaints started withing about 9 months.

That is one way to marginalise it. Another viewpoint is the demand we have that could be so easily be satisfied. Just let our favourite musical artist, you know produce some music... ]

Nobody is marginalizing anything. Jeesh..so dramatic.  BUT, if you think writing, recording, mixing, mastering, and releasing new material is "easy"......Huh

AND, why do it? Seriously, besides "for the fans"?  Because there is very little money in music sales these days.  You make new music to draw people to your live shows, basically, because the labels keep most of the pittance that flows through the industry now a days (and don't get me ranting about the dinosaur label system!).

GnR are playing sold out (or nearly so) shows, around the world.

So....for them...if they have an inkling to release new music...NOW would be the worst time, in terms of capitalizing on it for the good of the band, to release it. THE WORST. 

And I get that the fans probably don't really care about any of that. They just want new tunes to jam out to from their favorite band.

But there you go.

My prediction is, and has been, next spring.  And if I'm wrong? I certainly won't come here and rail against the dying of the light.

I'm a firm believer that this incarnation will either release new music, or simply fade away and "retire" (with maybe some one offs down the line), once the butts stop filling seats.  Those are really the only 2 options, I think.

The fact that, that topic is so taboo when discussing a musical artist?

Now THAT is odd...

It's hard to make that case when there is an entire thread dedicated to the topic on this very board.

Nobody says don't discuss the album.

Nobody has even said "don't bitch about this not being new music related".

What I said was:

a) Its odd to see someone bitch about a topic they created, in their minds, and then placed the onus on satisfying on a band who has no idea that has been laid at their feet

b) This band can't win, no matter what they do.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 08:26:06 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5557 on: May 26, 2017, 10:08:14 AM »

Wrll at the enf of the year we will have 500 .000.000 $ grossing tour...So next year they will be the higgest grossing tour ever...
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #5558 on: May 28, 2017, 08:14:03 AM »

Pilferk should have done a mic drop at the end of that. Well said Smiley
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5559 on: July 29, 2017, 02:56:55 PM »

From Melissa's Instagram & social media

themelissareese  @htgth takes some fekkin fire 🔥 pix !!!! #action #actionshot #show #rad #appreciate #love #music #htgth #gunsnroses

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: