Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:53:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1452399 times)
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #5640 on: March 08, 2018, 03:51:00 AM »

Godwin's law  Roll Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5641 on: March 08, 2018, 05:28:00 AM »

Axl Rose
‏@axlrose
6 hours ago

Tim Cook is the Donald Trump of the music industry.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5642 on: March 08, 2018, 05:31:25 AM »

Axl Rose
‏@axlrose
6 hours ago

Tim Cook is the Donald Trump of the music industry.

/jarmo

....and we're off again! haha!

What's the deal with Tim Cook? I know nearly nothing about him, other than the basics. Anyone got any idea what this tweet is referring to?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5643 on: March 08, 2018, 06:29:47 AM »

What's the deal with Tim Cook? I know nearly nothing about him, other than the basics. Anyone got any idea what this tweet is referring to?

No idea.

But I'd guess it might have to do with Apple Music.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5644 on: March 08, 2018, 06:47:17 AM »

No idea.

But I'd guess it might have to do with Apple Music.....

/jarmo

I think it might be to do with this:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/03/itunes-will-stop-taking-lp-submissions-ending-multimedia-album-format/?comments=1&post=34936761

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #5645 on: March 08, 2018, 12:36:26 PM »

So I?m sure he?s referring to his disdain for steaming music compensation structure. Another hurdle for releasing new music??

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5646 on: March 08, 2018, 12:53:53 PM »

So I?m sure he?s referring to his disdain for steaming music compensation structure. Another hurdle for releasing new music??

Easily avoided though - Taylor Swift and Adele both kept away from it.....then by some mad coincidence saw their album sell a shitload! Who'd have thought it hey?!

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #5647 on: March 09, 2018, 03:40:12 PM »

Easily avoided though - Taylor Swift and Adele both kept away from it.....then by some mad coincidence saw their album sell a shitload! Who'd have thought it hey?!

But you're talking about the only 2 artists who have seen crazy sales in the last 5 years.  They are exceptions to the rule. 

I would be interested in knowing more about what Axl has on his mind in regards to Apple Music.  I use the service and like it although I can guess it doesn't compensate the artists worth a shit.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5648 on: March 12, 2018, 06:22:55 AM »

But you're talking about the only 2 artists who have seen crazy sales in the last 5 years.  They are exceptions to the rule. 

I would be interested in knowing more about what Axl has on his mind in regards to Apple Music.  I use the service and like it although I can guess it doesn't compensate the artists worth a shit.

What i meant was, it's not a coincidence that they didn't stream and then sold a load. Other acts could follow that template

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5649 on: March 14, 2018, 01:09:15 PM »

They should just sell live albums on their website either physical copy or downloads (mp3 or lossless).  Unless they are still bound by Interscope geffen or whatever.
But its been 10 years since Chidem, what is the reasoning behind not releasing anything?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5650 on: March 14, 2018, 03:11:05 PM »

They should just sell live albums on their website either physical copy or downloads (mp3 or lossless).  Unless they are still bound by Interscope geffen or whatever.
But its been 10 years since Chidem, what is the reasoning behind not releasing anything?

They could be still under contract with Universal Music Group.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5651 on: March 14, 2018, 03:16:00 PM »

They could be still under contract with Universal Music Group.

/jarmo

Does Axl owe Universal another record?  Is that why we have yet to hear any real news about new GNR music?

If that's the case, it kinda seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face in terms of not putting anything out.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5652 on: March 14, 2018, 05:50:53 PM »

Does Axl owe Universal another record?  Is that why we have yet to hear any real news about new GNR music?

If that's the case, it kinda seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face in terms of not putting anything out.

I don't know about the contract, but he did say in 2014 that it was pretty much ready. Then things happened and we got the Not In This Lifetime tour....

There was no real need to put out an album at that point. Yes, you could lock yourself into a studio for a certain amount of time, but it made more sense to play shows. Who knows what will happen once the tour cycle ends.

/jarmo

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5653 on: March 16, 2018, 12:59:40 PM »

I don't know about the contract, but he did say in 2014 that it was pretty much ready. Then things happened and we got the Not In This Lifetime tour....

There was no real need to put out an album at that point. Yes, you could lock yourself into a studio for a certain amount of time, but it made more sense to play shows. Who knows what will happen once the tour cycle ends.

/jarmo

Tour cycle ends? That made me nervous haha 
What would make sense to me at least is for Slash and Duff to rework  that second album just like they reworked Better and release it and keep touring. Not just keep touring the world over and over.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5654 on: March 16, 2018, 01:41:57 PM »

As of right now, the tour ends in July. There's nothing announced for after that.... I don't know if that's the end of the Not In This Lifetime tour. But 2018 has been more quiet than 2017 so far...

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5655 on: March 16, 2018, 05:48:41 PM »

As of right now, the tour ends in July. There's nothing announced for after that.... I don't know if that's the end of the Not In This Lifetime tour. But 2018 has been more quiet than 2017 so far...

/jarmo

Hopefully, the quiet means that some stuff is going on behind the scenes in terms of studio work etc.  Slash certainly isn't one to sit on his hands during down time, so who knows what may or may not be cooking.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #5656 on: May 08, 2018, 02:54:23 PM »

"Apple will no longer accept new submissions of iTunes LPs after March 2018,? and ?existing LPs will be deprecated from the store during the remainder of 2018. Customers who have previously purchased an album containing an iTunes LP will still be able to download the additional content using iTunes Match."

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5657 on: September 03, 2018, 06:34:55 PM »

Guns N' Roses @gunsnroses
Happy F'n #LaborDay

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5658 on: September 06, 2018, 07:08:37 PM »

Axl's tweet on the passing of Burt Reynolds.

Axl Rose @axlrose

Lewis Medlock, Gator McKlusky, Paul Crewe, The Bandit, Sharkey...

Only two things in the world I’m scared of.

Only scared of two things? What’s that?

Women and the police.

White Lightning

Goodbye Burt and Thank You.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #5659 on: September 13, 2018, 09:14:57 PM »

Can somebody tweet Axl back for me?  It's probably not on his radar but he might be interested.  Willie Nelson is doing a cover album of Frank Sinatra songs, My Way.  He did a great job with Stardust so this should be an interesting take.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: