Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:00:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1452547 times)
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5900 on: July 06, 2020, 09:33:50 AM »

Axl is just trying to get in as much as he can with the limited text available. I have been mad fun of before also for typing that way. It is like really? you don't know the text is limited to so many characters? pretty obvious why he typed that way

Really? Even in his shorts tweets he does the same thing, so your explanation is clearly not accurate, plus no-one else of substance uses the same mangled kiddie speak. He never says ánd', always replacing it with n', he regularly ends words like 'anyone' to 'any1'.....it's just a touch lame for a grown man especially when making points óf importance and distracts from the substance  of the view.

I'm extremely anti Trump and his merry band of slimeballs but the hypocrisy is fairly stunning when it comes to Axl critiquing public gatherings
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-festival-coronavirus-fears/

And whilst I agree with his opinions it's a bit rich to criticize public gatherings when they played a show in Mexico during a pandemic
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 09:37:47 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #5901 on: July 06, 2020, 10:36:33 AM »

Axl is just trying to get in as much as he can with the limited text available. I have been mad fun of before also for typing that way. It is like really? you don't know the text is limited to so many characters? pretty obvious why he typed that way

Really? Even in his shorts tweets he does the same thing, so your explanation is clearly not accurate, plus no-one else of substance uses the same mangled kiddie speak. He never says ánd', always replacing it with n', he regularly ends words like 'anyone' to 'any1'.....it's just a touch lame for a grown man especially when making points óf importance and distracts from the substance  of the view.

I'm extremely anti Trump and his merry band of slimeballs but the hypocrisy is fairly stunning when it comes to Axl critiquing public gatherings

And whilst I agree with his opinions it's a bit rich to criticize public gatherings when they played a show in Mexico during a pandemic

Don't let the message get lost during delivery.  It's more important to try to understand what someone is trying to say to you then how they said it to you.

The pandemic hadn't reached Mexico when that concert happen.  The warnings were just starting to spread world wide of what was coming.  It was the last concert.  After that everybody cancelled.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5902 on: July 06, 2020, 10:41:02 AM »

Really? Even in his shorts tweets he does the same thing, so your explanation is clearly not accurate, plus no-one else of substance uses the same mangled kiddie speak. He never says ánd', always replacing it with n', he regularly ends words like 'anyone' to 'any1'.....it's just a touch lame for a grown man especially when making points óf importance and distracts from the substance  of the view.

Don't let the message get lost during delivery.  It's more important to try to understand what someone is trying to say to you then how they said it to you.

The pandemic hadn't reached Mexico when that concert happen.  The warnings were just starting to spread world wide of what was coming.  It was the last concert.  After that everybody cancelled.

Thanks and yes I fully support him on the message and in theory it is a shame that GNR are unlikely to release music with the power of Civil War as a statement during the Trump years. I do however think he treads on his own message by delivering it in such an unintelligible way that betrays his obvious intellect. When debating heads of Govt perhaps hold back on saying 'peeps' perhaps?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 10:43:15 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5903 on: July 06, 2020, 10:49:41 AM »

At that time, Europe and China were the worst hit areas. It's easy to be clever about it in hindsight.

Mexico was still open for business.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #5904 on: July 06, 2020, 02:16:25 PM »

nothing like a rich white male calling a successful Black man a POS, and calling for his resignation because he does not "deserve" the job or the title.

Why doesn't he "deserve" the job???

that comment just doesn't sit well with me.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5905 on: July 06, 2020, 03:00:23 PM »

It's obvious since he's not saying something good about the current administration.

The rest of your post is just the usual deflecting.  Nothing like Trump supporters trying to make an issue out of something that's only an issue if it fits their agenda.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #5906 on: July 06, 2020, 03:55:31 PM »

Id be curious as to why Axl has that much disdain toward the surgeon general.  Is it toward something he did specifically or just  because Mr. Adams is part of the Trump administration? Axl never really expands on the why with his tweets. And yes, the way he writes with the 'N's and peeps makes it harder to follow and take him seriously. I will at least give him credit when he expanded on his thoughts in twitlonger. I can appreciate knowing where someone is coming from even if I dont agree with them. 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #5907 on: July 06, 2020, 05:36:20 PM »

It's obvious since he's not saying something good about the current administration.

The rest of your post is just the usual deflecting.  Nothing like Trump supporters trying to make an issue out of something that's only an issue if it fits their agenda.

/jarmo

it's not obvious at all. is he saying he's not qualified? 

in today's world, I just don't understand trying to tear down a successful Black man, especially in that manner. 

is Axl pissed that JA didn't say "no large gatherings"? is Axl THAT against the peaceful protests in support of black lives?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #5908 on: July 06, 2020, 05:36:25 PM »

And yes, the way he writes with the 'N's and peeps makes it harder to follow and take him seriously.

Of course he write N - he's from Guns N' Roses, not Guns and Roses  Cool

Correct spelling is no demand for the freedom of speach, and that's good. I like the messages in his tweets.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5909 on: July 06, 2020, 06:28:20 PM »

in today's world, I just don't understand trying to tear down a successful Black man, especially in that manner. 

is Axl pissed that JA didn't say "no large gatherings"? is Axl THAT against the peaceful protests in support of black lives?

Seriously?

Maybe it has nothing to do with anyone's skin color. Maybe that's something only a Trump supporter will come up with in order to deflect.

Funnily enough, Axl's managed to comment on plenty of people working in the Trump administration over the years. No one's skin color was an issue then.....

Oh, and maybe read his comment on why he feels he should say something about things that he sees happening. Maybe then you won't have to get upset every time he says something negative about someone who was hired by the current administration....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 06:40:47 PM by jarmo » Logged

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5910 on: July 06, 2020, 07:04:08 PM »

The rest of your post is just the usual deflecting.  Nothing like Trump supporters trying to make an issue out of something that's only an issue if it fits their agenda.

/jarmo

That's a pretty unbelievable point of view buddy. His skin colour makes him immune from valid criticism? This guys has some form of diplomatic immunity because he is rich in melanin pigments? Utter nonsense. Judge according to the content of character and actions and Axl is well within his right to point our a surgeon general that isn't dong his job in protecting public health. We must be able to discuss bad ideas without fear of being labelled.

You seem driven by ideology rather than logic as your comments are gibberish.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 07:16:11 PM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #5911 on: July 06, 2020, 10:17:42 PM »

And yes, the way he writes with the 'N's and peeps makes it harder to follow and take him seriously.

Correct spelling is no demand for the freedom of speach, and that's good. I like the messages in his tweets.

It isn't a demand and it isn't something that I demanded. Just that if he is making a serious point, would be better to have correct punctuation and grammar. when trying to get a point across.  

Would you take me as seriously if I reworded my sentence above as

It aint a thugged-out demand n' it aint suttin' dat I demanded. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! Just dat if he is bustin a straight-up point, would be betta ta have erect punctuation n' grammar. Shiiit, dis aint no joke. when tryin ta git a point across.

SEE WHAT I MEAN?  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5912 on: July 06, 2020, 11:52:53 PM »

It isn't a demand and it isn't something that I demanded. Just that if he is making a serious point, would be better to have correct punctuation and grammar. when trying to get a point across.  

It aint a thugged-out demand n' it aint suttin' dat I demanded. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! Just dat if he is bustin a straight-up point, would be betta ta have erect punctuation n' grammar. Shiiit, dis aint no joke. when tryin ta git a point across.

SEE WHAT I MEAN?  hihi

Wot he sed, Eye don't think any1 4gets or respects kidde tork from a middle aged peeps wen tryin' 2 make an 'ntelligent point.

Totally discredits him unfortunately and 95% of people over 20 would just roll eyes and not read the comments 5 times attempting to decipher the hieroglyphic mangling of the Englsih language. I really wish he would stop it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5913 on: July 07, 2020, 07:18:57 AM »

Guns N' Roses
@gunsnroses

🤘

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcSZXayWoAAYoHw?format=jpg&name=medium

/jarmo

westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #5914 on: July 07, 2020, 10:50:56 AM »

SEE WHAT I MEAN?  hihi

Hehe, no I would not. But Axl do have a lot more etos than any of us, so he'll reach out anyway. We don't reach the LA Times with our tweets. And your example is waaay more outta the grammar line than his tweets are. But I see your point. From a politician or a journalist I wouldn't take it as seriously, but from a rock star it's cool, nome sayin'  Smiley

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #5915 on: July 08, 2020, 01:25:25 AM »

nothing like a rich white male calling a successful Black man a POS, and calling for his resignation because he does not "deserve" the job or the title.

Why doesn't he "deserve" the job???

Why do you have to make everything about race? You people would call squirrels racist...

Adams initially downplayed the risk from COVID-19 by comparing it to the flu, which was criticized by experts. He also implored people not to buy or use face masks in public because he said they were not effective in preventing the general public from catching the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Adams later retracted this recommendation because he said there was new information about the asymptomatic spread of the virus. After Adams made statements about the increased risks facing African Americans from COVID-19, health experts criticized his assertions as misleading and lacking adequate context.

That's why he doesn't deserve it.

in today's world, I just don't understand trying to tear down a successful Black man

You're talking about Obama, right?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #5916 on: July 08, 2020, 10:48:23 AM »

Axl's comment got people talking.  It amazes me the power of one voice.  You know, where Axl is concerned and the reputation given him by the media, I don't know why he gets so much importance placed on his opinions.  When he says it's just his opinion, I wonder if he is just as surprised at the people who talk back to him or it gets the attention it does?

Been a strange year.  If he ends up on the ticket with Kenye West, wouldn't surprise me at this point.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 10:51:23 AM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5917 on: July 08, 2020, 11:20:34 AM »

Over the years, no matter how cool or uncool GN'R were considered at the time, people always paid attention to what Axl said. Maybe it's the fact that what he says is his honest opinion and/or the fact that, unlike many, he chooses when to speak. He doesn't just speak just for the sake of getting attention.

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5918 on: July 08, 2020, 12:04:54 PM »

Over the years, no matter how cool or uncool GN'R were considered at the time, people always paid attention to what Axl said. Maybe it's the fact that what he says is his honest opinion and/or the fact that, unlike many, he chooses when to speak. He doesn't just speak just for the sake of getting attention.

/jarmo

I think so too. And the fact that he doesn't really say that much on anything in general. It's something I have always, and will continue to, admire about him. Especially in a world of social media intrusion and where having a private and personal advice is regarded as something to be ashamed of.

Obviously he feels with all the bullshit that surrounds him in America at the moment he wants to say something. I think his anger and frustration says exactly what so many of us not just in America but across the world think.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5919 on: July 08, 2020, 10:11:30 PM »

I disagree with your (and apparently his) opinion of "He doesn't just speak just for the sake of getting attention."

Though I support his first amendment right to freedom of speech like anyone else, we (and he) know that Axl posting or stating anything is going to get a lot of attention - good, bad; resign/retire from GNR; I hate you, I love you, where's the album (in multiple languages); along with a resolute democrat or republican stance. He could have easily posted the same "coward" tweet to VADM Adams under the pseudonym "Joe Schmoe" and taken the Axl/GNR element out of the equation. OR, if he had expanded as much on his thought process into the "P.O.S" tweet as he did in his "I'm nobody" tweet-longer post, maybe some of us would have had a better understanding of the point he was trying to make.

I do NOT believe that Axl's tweet was meant in any way to disparage the Vice Admiral's military service or the color of his skin has anything to do with his job qualifications.

I do give Axl credit for retweeting the cough micro-droplets video (after his snarky retort to VADM Adams' request to help spread the word about wearing a mask). Even the "coward" "P.O.S." knows the impact a tweet or retweet from Axl can have on getting people's attention.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1279818684714934273 <-- link to video clip

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: