Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:01:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1452499 times)
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #5920 on: July 09, 2020, 07:51:03 AM »

So will Gnr and other bands thanks trump for the cares act? rofl rofl
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5921 on: July 09, 2020, 08:28:05 AM »

Why? Because Democrats had the idea of having an universal basic income due to the pandemic, which is how the act started.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5922 on: July 09, 2020, 10:24:57 AM »

I disagree with your (and apparently his) opinion of "He doesn't just speak just for the sake of getting attention."

That's fine.

I just don't see him as someone who's desperate to Tweet something in order to get likes and/or more followers on Twitter. Or having some kind of social media strategy.

On top of that, he knows that by saying certain things, it will make him unpopular in certain groups of fans. It's a risk he's prepared to take, because the need to say something about things that he disagrees with, is more important than kissing ass.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #5923 on: July 09, 2020, 12:14:58 PM »

Why? Because Democrats had the idea of having an universal basic income due to the pandemic, which is how the act started.....

/jarmo

Democrats are not ruling the country  beer beer rofl
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5924 on: July 09, 2020, 12:38:18 PM »

/jarmo

I assume you don't understand how acts work then?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5925 on: July 09, 2020, 01:21:05 PM »

Correct. Doesn't mean what I said isn't true.

So keep acting ignorant in the name of proving your non existent point.  ok  beer  beer  rofl

/jarmo

ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #5926 on: July 09, 2020, 05:49:58 PM »

Correct. Doesn't mean what I said isn't true.

So keep acting ignorant in the name of proving your non existent point.  ok  beer  beer  rofl

/jarmo

Cmon Jarmo relax...i was trying to make a joke,,,you will have your democratic party president soon and the world will be ok again beer beer. we will forget soon the reign of terror of the bald orange guy who brought the war to the entire world and destroyed the economy of an entire country. smoking smoking
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #5927 on: July 09, 2020, 08:37:27 PM »

Can't wait till Biden wins and the evil leaves the White House beer

Rizzo160
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5928 on: July 09, 2020, 11:28:58 PM »

I just don't see him as someone who's desperate to Tweet something in order to get likes and/or more followers on Twitter. Or having some kind of social media strategy.

On top of that, he knows that by saying certain things, it will make him unpopular in certain groups of fans. It's a risk he's prepared to take, because the need to say something about things that he disagrees with, is more important than kissing ass.

I agree that his tweets aren't out of desperation or some kind of social media strategy on his part.

I also agree that he, you, and I know that by him saying anything, it will be unpopular in certain groups.

What I was trying (apparently unsuccessfully) to point out was that, whenever he does post something under his own name, 99.9% of the conversation turns to "I love you Axl!" "I hate you Axl!" "Where's the album?" "Wear the baseball cap more in shows!" "Don't wear hats in shows!" "Come back to South America!!!"  The other 00.1% is just the people bashing whomever Axl is bashing.

My point is that the actual topic gets lost.

Axl definitely has a unique way of expressing his POV. As in this and most cases, I have to wait for someone else to explain what Axl is talking about. And even then, I'm usually still confused. I had zero idea that Axl's initial tweet was referring to the implications of wearing or not wearing of masks in the spread of the virus. I couldn't imagine why he would call this military service member a coward. IMHO, that's inappropriate.

I think the jury is still out on the whole mask thing. Why did people spread the virus at small family gatherings but thousands of people protesting didn't spread or catch it?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #5929 on: July 10, 2020, 03:05:36 AM »

I agree that his tweets aren't out of desperation or some kind of social media strategy on his part.

I also agree that he, you, and I know that by him saying anything, it will be unpopular in certain groups.

What I was trying (apparently unsuccessfully) to point out was that, whenever he does post something under his own name, 99.9% of the conversation turns to "I love you Axl!" "I hate you Axl!" "Where's the album?" "Wear the baseball cap more in shows!" "Don't wear hats in shows!" "Come back to South America!!!"  The other 00.1% is just the people bashing whomever Axl is bashing.

Axl definitely has a unique way of expressing his POV. As in this and most cases, I have to wait for someone else to explain what Axl is talking about. And even then, I'm usually still confused. I had zero idea that Axl's initial tweet was referring to the implications of wearing or not wearing of masks in the spread of the virus. I couldn't imagine why he would call this military service member a coward. IMHO, that's inappropriate.

I think the jury is still out on the whole mask thing. Why did people spread the virus at small family gatherings but thousands of people protesting didn't spread or catch it?

In all honesty I don't think it's inappropriate, it's just  useless. I sense Axl is a novice when we talk about politics (even if nobody is really a novice about politics but you know what  i mean), i think it all started from the kimmel show and the chinese democracy joke. And like many other newbies, he waves the flag of his party,  no ifs and buts. He just insults (and it couldn't be otherwise, twitter is not the right place to talk about politics, even if it's the new trend: the truth is not black or white, it's fuckin grey), he doesn't show his "opinions". For example, Referring to Melania Trump as an "alleged former hooker" is not an opinion (it could be even a fact, but to emphasise it it's a little bit against the "me too" thing too, which Axl's party supports, am I wrong?  Roll Eyes). And to me it's sad cause obviously we all know he's a super intelligent guy and he has his reasons, but to me it's not the right way to expose them. You are a public figure and this is a heavy burden, you can't just go out there and be mad at people.I'm not pro-Trump but at the same time I'm not against him tout court, like he's the devil. He does something right and something wrong, like everybody. Maybe he acts and speaks like a troglodyte, but that really matters? And should his persona be the main target of your "analysis"? People really lose the focus when we talk about the guy, especially because the guy belongs to the "wrong side". USA survived well, and if you watched all the media 4 years ago it should have been a catastrophy. He handled china, korea, iran. The economy is ok. No wars started. We are still here.
If Obama was in charge and did the same things Trump did, Axl wouldn't say a word as many others, mainly because you can't touch their guy, that's pretty simple.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 03:18:12 AM by ITARocker » Logged
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #5930 on: July 10, 2020, 03:47:50 AM »

You'd have to have the mind of a child to think Trump can take credit for CARES.

No, the jury is not out. Every medical professional that is not paid by the Trump administration is saying they work. This just goes to show how successfully they've muddied the waters by broadcasting misinformation.

First of all, yes, there have been increases attested to the protests, but not massive spikes like Texas or the anti-mask protests (gee, wonder why?) because most of them have been wearing masks. The small family gatherings where they feel comfortable NOT wearing masks, is precisely the reason they spread it!

I sense Axl is a novice when we talk about politics ,

Where's your political science degree from?

(even if nobody is really a novice about politics but you know what  i mean)

... no, I don't know what that means. Everyone is an expert?

For example, Referring to Melania Trump as an "alleged former hooker" is not an opinion (it could be even a fact, but to emphasise it it's a little bit against the "me too" thing too, which Axl's party supports, am I wrong?  Roll Eyes).

How could you so thoroughly not understand MeToo? It's about sexual assault. Not sex work.

Also, I love "Axl's party". Like, he makes a few criticisms of Republicans and all of the sudden you've thrown him into your little box of "Democrats" (which of course just means anyone to the left of Trump) with all the baggage and strawmen you attach to that label. In reality, we have no freaking clue what ideology, if any, Axl subscribes to.

You are a public figure and this is a heavy burden, you can't just go out there and be mad at people.

"Mr. Luther King Jr, you are a public figure! You can't just go out there and be mad at people!!!"

What an unbelievably absurd thing to say. As a public figure, he has a powerful platform to talk about the things he sees wrong with his country. It would be an injustice to his fellow countrymen not to use that power to try to make things better. As they say, silence is complicity. So it stands to reason that is only even more true for those with a megaphone.

Maybe he acts and speaks like a troglodyte, but that really matters?

Yes, of course that matters, he's the fucking PRESIDENT. Don't be obtuse.

And should his persona be the main target of your "analysis"?

It never was, this is a strawman.

He handled china, korea, iran. The economy is ok. No wars started. We are still here.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

No words for this nonsense. But you're "not pro-trump". Okay... ok

If Obama was in charge and did the same things Trump did, Axl wouldn't say a word as many others, mainly because you can't touch their guy, that's pretty simple.

Yeah, remember how nobody ever criticized Obama for anything? Remember that? Of course, Obama DIDN'T do any of these things Trump did. That kinda seems like a massive flaw in your little argument there...

I literally could not have made a better parody of a Trump defender than your comment...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 03:49:39 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5931 on: July 10, 2020, 05:45:28 AM »

What I was trying (apparently unsuccessfully) to point out was that, whenever he does post something under his own name, 99.9% of the conversation turns to "I love you Axl!" "I hate you Axl!" "Where's the album?" "Wear the baseball cap more in shows!" "Don't wear hats in shows!" "Come back to South America!!!"  The other 00.1% is just the people bashing whomever Axl is bashing.

Of course there's always people who don't even read the Tweets before responding and to them it doesn't matter what he says,

But then there are people who do read them. Probably even Google whatever he said to find out more about why, and what it's about.

So people who keep saying these things are useless and he knows nothing... That's just being somewhat ignorant.

/jarmo

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5932 on: July 10, 2020, 06:11:22 AM »

What I was trying (apparently unsuccessfully) to point out was that, whenever he does post something under his own name, 99.9% of the conversation turns to "I love you Axl!" "I hate you Axl!" "Where's the album?" "Wear the baseball cap more in shows!" "Don't wear hats in shows!" "Come back to South America!!!"  The other 00.1% is just the people bashing whomever Axl is bashing.

In all honesty I don't think it's inappropriate, it's just  useless. I sense Axl is a novice when we talk about politics (even if nobody is really a novice about politics but you know what  i mean), i think it all started from the kimmel show and the chinese democracy joke. And like many other newbies, he waves the flag of his party,  no ifs and buts. He just insults (and it couldn't be otherwise, twitter is not the right place to talk about politics, even if it's the new trend: the truth is not black or white, it's fuckin grey), he doesn't show his "opinions". For example, Referring to Melania Trump as an "alleged former hooker" is not an opinion (it could be even a fact, but to emphasise it it's a little bit against the "me too" thing too, which Axl's party supports, am I wrong?  Roll Eyes). And to me it's sad cause obviously we all know he's a super intelligent guy and he has his reasons, but to me it's not the right way to expose them. You are a public figure and this is a heavy burden, you can't just go out there and be mad at people.I'm not pro-Trump but at the same time I'm not against him tout court, like he's the devil. He does something right and something wrong, like everybody. Maybe he acts and speaks like a troglodyte, but that really matters? And should his persona be the main target of your "analysis"? People really lose the focus when we talk about the guy, especially because the guy belongs to the "wrong side". USA survived well, and if you watched all the media 4 years ago it should have been a catastrophy. He handled china, korea, iran. The economy is ok. No wars started. We are still here.

If Obama was in charge and did the things Trump does he would immediately be sent for an MRI scan as Obama's basic psychological make up wouldn't allow for such narcissism, incompetence, overt bullying, chumming with dictator's ect etc etc. I ma 100% that Axl would be against any politician that used division, racism, making the divide between poverty and wealth greater and obvious corruption, regardless of the party they belong to. I'm an Australian so clearly am not a member of any party but America is in serious trouble and any ethically minded person would view Trump as the enemy of science, logic, compassion, and democracy
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5933 on: July 10, 2020, 06:40:32 AM »

Of course there's always people who don't even read the Tweets before responding and to them it doesn't matter what he says,

But then there are people who do read them. Probably even Google whatever he said to find out more about why, and what it's about.

So people who keep saying these things are useless and he knows nothing... That's just being somewhat ignorant.

/jarmo

I am one of those- I even asked on here a bit about these people. I now know who they are, when I didn't previously. I looked them up, read about them.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5934 on: July 10, 2020, 06:02:25 PM »

If Obama was in charge and did the things Trump does he would immediately be sent for an MRI scan as Obama's basic psychological make up wouldn't allow for such narcissism, incompetence, overt bullying, chumming with dictator's ect etc etc. I ma 100% that Axl would be against any politician that used division, racism, making the divide between poverty and wealth greater and obvious corruption, regardless of the party they belong to. I'm an Australian so clearly am not a member of any party but America is in serious trouble and any ethically minded person would view Trump as the enemy of science, logic, compassion, and democracy

If President Obama was in charge, we wouldn't be in this mess. In my lifetime, I've seen Reagan, two Bushes, Clinton, and Obama. All had led during a crisis. 45 is the most incompetent President in my lifetime so far.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #5935 on: July 10, 2020, 08:48:00 PM »

That about sums it up beer

Rizzo160
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #5936 on: July 11, 2020, 03:47:16 AM »

You'd have to have the mind of a child to think Trump can take credit for CARES.

No, the jury is not out. Every medical professional that is not paid by the Trump administration is saying they work. This just goes to show how successfully they've muddied the waters by broadcasting misinformation.

First of all, yes, there have been increases attested to the protests, but not massive spikes like Texas or the anti-mask protests (gee, wonder why?) because most of them have been wearing masks. The small family gatherings where they feel comfortable NOT wearing masks, is precisely the reason they spread it!

For example, Referring to Melania Trump as an "alleged former hooker" is not an opinion (it could be even a fact, but to emphasise it it's a little bit against the "me too" thing too, which Axl's party supports, am I wrong?  Roll Eyes).

How could you so thoroughly not understand MeToo? It's about sexual assault. Not sex work.

Also, I love "Axl's party". Like, he makes a few criticisms of Republicans and all of the sudden you've thrown him into your little box of "Democrats" (which of course just means anyone to the left of Trump) with all the baggage and strawmen you attach to that label. In reality, we have no freaking clue what ideology, if any, Axl subscribes to.

You are a public figure and this is a heavy burden, you can't just go out there and be mad at people.

"Mr. Luther King Jr, you are a public figure! You can't just go out there and be mad at people!!!"

What an unbelievably absurd thing to say. As a public figure, he has a powerful platform to talk about the things he sees wrong with his country. It would be an injustice to his fellow countrymen not to use that power to try to make things better. As they say, silence is complicity. So it stands to reason that is only even more true for those with a megaphone.

He handled china, korea, iran. The economy is ok. No wars started. We are still here.

Yeah, remember how nobody ever criticized Obama for anything? Remember that? Of course, Obama DIDN'T do any of these things Trump did. That kinda seems like a massive flaw in your little argument there...

I literally could not have made a better parody of a Trump defender than your comment...

I have a master degree in Economy so i don't need a political science one. I just meant that Axl's known interests in the last 30 years are fucking models, partying, gettin drunk, biting bodyguards, being late at his own concerts etc etc. Full rockstar existence, and it's ok. At the age of 54 he voted probably for the first time in his life in the easiest election ever and...he lost. So now he holds this grudge he can't get rid of. In the last 30 years he never exposed himself unlike other rockstars (bono, eddie vedder etc.... whether you like them or not)and now he's acting like a fan more than anything else and to me it's not a good thing. NEver went to the internet, never shew interest in anything and suddenly he doesn't lose a chance to adress trump and everyone else who sip a coffee with him as shits (like his friend baz these days, he suddenly woke up). Being mad at people, insulting them is not what Martin Luther King did. He had opinions, he spoke his reasons etc etc. He didn't say "this guys suck" and turn off his laptop. So what do you all expect from any people who comment his tweets? Yeah "trump is shit, i love you axl".
And yes he's a democrat he said he would had voted Obama, he re-tweet biden...so what else??? Maybe it's you who need a degree in something to understand simple things  rofl
I understand me too and, in general, the  defence of women's rights better than you... Go send a email to one of the girls and call her  a hooker. Or try to diminsh a woman's public role with a sexist insult, and then let's see what happens... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
And yes i'm not a pro-trump guy (why should I? I can't vote for him. And technically I would be a socialist, in the italian sense, so very far from his believes) . I don't even like his persona as many others, the tweets etc... Sometimes i like his sense of humor but that's it. I would rather have  a drink with Obama, that's for sure. But one thing is the man, another thing is what he does as a politician. Trump could make america 1000 times richer and would be called a shit in any case.

PS:about all the Obama comments: you just confirmed what  i wrote  rofl.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 04:24:40 AM by ITARocker » Logged
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5937 on: July 11, 2020, 05:57:10 AM »

I have a master degree in Economy so i don't need a political science one. I just meant that Axl's known interests in the last 30 years are fucking models, partying, gettin drunk, biting bodyguards, being late at his own concerts etc etc. Full rockstar existence, and it's ok. At the age of 54 he voted probably for the first time in his life in the easiest election ever and...he lost. So now he holds this grudge he can't get rid of. In the last 30 years he never exposed himself unlike other rockstars (bono, eddie vedder etc.... whether you like them or not)and now he's acting like a fan more than anything else and to me it's not a good thing. NEver went to the internet, never shew interest in anything and suddenly he doesn't lose a chance to adress trump and everyone else who sip a coffee with him as shits (like his friend baz these days, he suddenly woke up). Being mad at people, insulting them is not what Martin Luther King did. He had opinions, he spoke his reasons etc etc. He didn't say "this guys suck" and turn off his laptop. So what do you all expect from any people who comment his tweets? Yeah "trump is shit, i love you axl".
And yes he's a democrat he said he would had voted Obama, he re-tweet biden...so what else??? Maybe it's you who need a degree in something to understand simple things  rofl
I understand me too and, in general, the  defence of women's rights better than you... Go send a email to one of the girls and call her  a hooker. Or try to diminsh a woman's public role with a sexist insult, and then let's see what happens... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
And yes i'm not a pro-trump guy (why should I? I can't vote for him. And technically I would be a socialist, in the italian sense, so very far from his believes) . I don't even like his persona as many others, the tweets etc... Sometimes i like his sense of humor but that's it. I would rather have  a drink with Obama, that's for sure. But one thing is the man, another thing is what he does as a politician. Trump could make america 1000 times richer and would be called a shit in any case.

PS:about all the Obama comments: you just confirmed what  i wrote  rofl.

You really lost all credibility with this comment

The fact is Obama wouldn't have behaved with the bullying, insecure, narcissistic, cruel, self serving, embracing corruption, embracing foreign intervention, defence and cosying up to dictators, accepting the murder and dismemberment of journalists, asking for prison sentences for journalists or political opponents, offering important positions to family members and associated nepotism, etc etc etc etc I could go on for days

If Obamas displayed 1/10th of those traits no he wouldn't be Axl's 'guy' nor would any rational ethical person embrace him. For all his faults Obama was essentially an articulate, warm, ethical leader by any form of objective comparison, regardless of economic policies on a basic humanity and ethical level there is an immense gulf between the two men that only an ideologue could deny.
Trump has gotten to the point of such overt corruption that even relatively non political people like Axl feel the need to state a public opinion so as not to be complicit. Evil flourishes only when good men do or say nothing.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 06:27:12 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5938 on: July 11, 2020, 06:16:32 AM »

I have a master degree in Economy so i don't need a political science one. I just meant that Axl's known interests in the last 30 years are fucking models, partying, gettin drunk, biting bodyguards, being late at his own concerts etc etc. Full rockstar existence, and it's ok.

Thanks for proving that no matter what degree, you have, common sense isn't something that gets/can be taught.

You have very little idea of his interests, besides what you know from reading headlines. It's ok. But please don't expect us to think you're some kind of expert on Axl just because you studied at university.

On top of that, here you are defending a guy who's known interests are being on reality TV, running beauty contests and paying off women.

/jarmo

ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #5939 on: July 11, 2020, 07:05:59 AM »

I have a master degree in Economy so i don't need a political science one. I just meant that Axl's known interests in the last 30 years are fucking models, partying, gettin drunk, biting bodyguards, being late at his own concerts etc etc. Full rockstar existence, and it's ok.

Thanks for proving that no matter what degree, you have, common sense isn't something that gets/can be taught.

You have very little idea of his interests, besides what you know from reading headlines. It's ok. But please don't expect us to think you're some kind of expert on Axl just because you studied at university.

On top of that, here you are defending a guy who's known interests are being on reality TV, running beauty contests and paying off women.

/jarmo

I just answered the guy, sincerely i don't care about my degree at all, but i knew someone who probably doesnt have one would have focused on that half sentence  hihi hihi. Classic, but it's ok.

Sure i have little ideas about his interests and here is the point: u are a public figure,  you have to have a certain public background to have a credibility in what you are saying. If you don't have one you have at least build one. Trump didn't have one as well as you said. But he joined the fight, he exposed his ideas people believed him and he won. Very simple. Now we have this guy Axl who is clearly against the orange guy and it's ok but he's been hiding for years we don't know shit about his ideas (and his music too  Angry), what kind of guy he really is (and he doesn't even care to show us), just goes out and say fuck this fuck that, hooker, asshole etc etc. Can i say that it's just useless and probably counterproductive? Obviously he can go on and on and on... who cares. But you won't add anything to the context. I mean you are a magnificent songwriter, 20000000 words in your  lyrics and all you can do is to insult? It's my opinion, and I'm talking about Axl but i could say this about many others public figures who look like they are joining the trend. That's it. More substance in your statements, cause again you are a public figure not an ordinary guy. But again, it's just my opinon, if you like the way he exposes himself  it's ok, to me it's useless, i think his rants had more substance than his "political" statements. And if u read Axl's long tweet he even knows that his tweets could be read as immature statements, like im saying. It's his choice so let it happen.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 07:35:49 AM by ITARocker » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: