Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:18:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  just wanted to say how happy i am for Axl that things seem to be turned around
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: just wanted to say how happy i am for Axl that things seem to be turned around  (Read 6207 times)
tange
Opening Act

« on: December 16, 2009, 02:30:36 PM »

it took him 11-12 years after the split (officially, remember the probationary period).

Its awesome to see the band sound so damn good. DJ Ashba was a homerun hire and Frank Ferrar (may not be brain, but who is?) is perfect for the G'N'R sound. This is the lineup that will be talked about in comparison to the old one, twenty years from now. These guys seem to have the real chemistry on top of being, seemingly, really nice guys.

Lovin it guys. Hope the world tour goes all year and then we get a Christmas gift (album 2), but i'm happy to just see em' having fun.

Lord knows the road has been long.

Keep up the good work.

"There was one song on that record that I didn't even know was on it until it came out, 'My World'," Stradlin continues. "I gave it a listen and thought, 'What the fuck is this?' "

-IZZY STRADLIN
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 02:35:01 PM »

I was thinkin the same thing today.

I think we've all been fans long enough, we can read Axl's thoughts on stage by the way he blinks..... rofl

The guy has been happy, all around. You can hear it in his voice, his comments, the way the sets are getting longer and longer...

The band is just having fun. And I think this is gonna snowball into some positive (finally) feedback from the rest of the planet....

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 02:44:17 PM »

it took him 11-12 years after the split (officially, remember the probationary period).

Its awesome to see the band sound so damn good. DJ Ashba was a homerun hire and Frank Ferrar (may not be brain, but who is?) is perfect for the G'N'R sound. This is the lineup that will be talked about in comparison to the old one, twenty years from now. These guys seem to have the real chemistry on top of being, seemingly, really nice guys.

Lovin it guys. Hope the world tour goes all year and then we get a Christmas gift (album 2), but i'm happy to just see em' having fun.

Keep up the good work.

ERROR

Album 7

Cheers

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
tange
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 02:45:20 PM »

Keep up the good work.

ERROR

Album 7

Cheers

ok

whoops. Old habits and what not. My mistake.

"There was one song on that record that I didn't even know was on it until it came out, 'My World'," Stradlin continues. "I gave it a listen and thought, 'What the fuck is this?' "

-IZZY STRADLIN
LordRazZ
VIP

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 02:48:53 PM »

Keep up the good work.

ERROR

Album 7

Cheers

ok

Haha....actually...since the album came out, and especially since the tour started....I've kinda totally forgotten about the "old" GnR.  This isn't a slight against the old guard. They did what they did, and they did it well.

But it feels like something massive is brewing for the GnR world. I don't think calling Chinese Democracy "Round 1" is too far off of base.

This is a continuation of a legacy, but at the same time, the start of something amazing

Sillything
VIP

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 04:03:28 PM »

Congratulations to Guns N ' Fucking Roses! peace

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
anja
Opening Act

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 04:33:41 PM »

[..........................

Haha....actually...since the album came out, and especially since the tour started....I've kinda totally forgotten about the "old" GnR.  This isn't a slight against the old guard. They did what they did, and they did it well.

But it feels like something massive is brewing for the GnR world. I don't think calling Chinese Democracy "Round 1" is too far off of base.

This is a continuation of a legacy, but at the same time, the start of something amazing

i thought the same.

it will be exciting to see  what will happen in the followong months.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 05:05:08 PM »

I am feeling really great about it too! I have liked most of the guys have have come and went. but I must say this guitar trio is awesome. With the addition of DJ We have a winning team here! WOW! Can't wait to see it live! Bring it on guys.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 05:09:11 PM »

It must be a relief for the band to be playing songs that they played on, that must give them another 10%. I really feel that this band is something amazing in their own right. Yeah Old GnR rules my life and I will love those records always but I'm wanting to look forward with this band and see what they can do, love DJ too hit fits in really well. Axls Tache is fucking Killer, just growing my own as we speak!!

Bring on the fucking world  beer
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 05:31:16 PM »

I think it's just so damn cool to see that Axl's happy. I'm not saying he was unhappy in the past or anything, but it fills my heart with joy to see this man on stage givin' all he got like he did on these past 3 shows.

He's happy as a Santa Claus on prozac getting laid on disneyland (friends' fans, you know this line  Grin). You can see this on the way he sings, on the way he interacts with the public...he is really having a great time, and enjoying every bit of it. So are we, by the way!

I trully hope this keep growing and growing, because this is just the beginning! Can't wait to get my ass kicked by this band next year here in Brazil!  ok
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 06:23:14 PM by Pinball Wizard » Logged

Faye 4 Axl
Opening Act

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 06:13:39 PM »

I was so happy and impressed during 06/07 tour as Axl seemed happy, relaxed and still able to kick some serious ass but what can i say.....
Once again Axl and G n R have taken it to another level, there really is no comparison out there, G n R are are seriously tight band with the most talented
musicians and the last true rock n roll frontman out there.
Axl, you been to hell and back to get us the fans where we are today and we can't thank u enough, and we all hope you are experiencing the
feelings of triumph, satisfaction, jubilation that we are.
As far as I have been concerened for many a year, whatever it takes to get Axl, the band on stage will be worth the wait, and this band will not, does not dissapoint
ever.

In bad times i can turn to your songs, and in good times we can rejoice, long live democracy!!!

Thanks

Wembley 92, Hammersmith 06, Birmingham 06,
Thanks for the shows, the music and democracy to my world
Annie
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 11:09:46 PM »

I agree with everything all the above posters have written.  I really hope to be able to see a show somewhere on the continental US this year! 2010 will be a great yer for GNR and GNR fans alike. beer Also, I am SOOOO Happy they are peforming THIS I LOVE live! Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 11:45:38 PM by Annie » Logged
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 05:27:03 AM »

He's deffo got the Chinese Democracy monkey off his back, no more "when is CD gonna be released Axl" quizzing anymore.

He looks like he's having fun, as do the rest of the band, just jamming, not caught up in the politics that surrounded the band and album drop since the turn of the century....

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
brazil66
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 09:34:33 PM »

I am happy for Axl but more happy for the band after all this recording/rehearsal time. This is their product and their tour too. Touring in advance of this record under difficult circumstances must have been tough. Cd was released one year ago and has had time to be digested. This version of the band is tight and very talented. Go have fun boys. I hope like Appetite which started slowly they just tour, tour and keep touring. They will get the respect they deserve. Tour of Canada, S.America and then probably Europe and then who knows will get this version of the band recognised and respected. Taking adequate and well deserved breaks in between countries will be good to. I believe 2010 and 2011 will be great news for GNR fans and a long, long tour.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 09:52:49 AM »

I am happy too and glad, glad because this tour so far shows works pays off and this team IS Guns N' Roses.

Excellent quality, all of them.

Should they tour europe, i will be there in england or in france, but i will be there ( we will).

What a promising tour !!!

Nothing to say
LordRazZ
VIP

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 07:24:07 PM »

I think another point we're overlooking is all the access we've got to GnR now in the last 2 weeks.

I mean, Axl originally HATED the internet, and now he's TWEETING for Christ sakes.

It's like every morning we get to wake up and ask "So, hows it goin Axl?" lol

GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 09:26:45 PM »

What a good vibe'

Ain't it fun when the band and the fans wants the same things?

Tks n' congrats to G.N'F.R.

Victory or Death? I say Victory  peace

Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 11:59:30 PM »

Dropped by to send my good vibes too  Grin

2010 looks very promising, Axl looks unstopable and in such great shape!

Hope everything goes well for him and the band.  peace
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: