Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:26:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will Guns N' Roses return to Slane?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Guns N' Roses return to Slane?  (Read 3050 times)
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« on: February 01, 2010, 08:39:49 AM »

Just a thought, I know GNR haven't announced any European dates but I imagine they might keep the ball rolling and hopefully announce some dates at some point. Greenday were rumoured to headline Slane, Ireland this year but they already have a confirmed date for Marley Park and I can't see them filling up Slane. Its been 18 years since GNR played Slane and this venue was always regarded as a great rock concert venue seeing other bands like Queen, Rolling Stones, U2 and Bowie perform there. In the past few years there's been a lack of rock legends coming to perform in Slane so I just thought I'd throw the invitation out there for Axl to return to Ireland and rock the fields of Co. Meath once again!!!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 08:45:22 AM »

I guess it depends on how many people they could draw in Ireland.  I'd like to see them get back to playing bigger venues in Europe like they are in SA and Asia.  I'm not sure how many they drew at the last show at RDS arena.
jamesdm
Rocker

Lizard King - The One

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 08:45:56 AM »

I wonder why to made a post to ask the fans something like this? it is better send a email to the promoters of you area.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 08:46:55 AM »

From another Irish man, i doubt they'd sell it out unless another huge band were also present.

GNR just don't seem to be popular over here.  And the RDS wasnt that full the last time out.

I'm not sure how many they drew at the last show at RDS arena.

It was a decent crowd but not as big as the crowd that arrived for Metallica 2 days later. 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 08:49:08 AM by jacdaniel » Logged

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 08:57:19 AM »

From another Irish man, i doubt they'd sell it out unless another huge band were also present.

GNR just don't seem to be popular over here.  And the RDS wasnt that full the last time out.

I'm not sure how many they drew at the last show at RDS arena.

It was a decent crowd but not as big as the crowd that arrived for Metallica 2 days later. 
I disagree, I think GNR just haven't been given the exposure or pubilcity that they used to get back in the day. I believe GNR have a big fanbase over here, I just don't think the younger people have been given enough exposure to this band. But I think this tour is gaining momentum and word gets around.
Slane is a venue people will attend whether they're fans or not. I know alot of people who go everytime its on no matter who's playing.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 08:59:37 AM by gcluskey » Logged

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 09:00:22 AM »

I wonder why to made a post to ask the fans something like this? it is better send a email to the promoters of you area.
Its just a discussion

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 09:01:48 AM »

yeah you're right about the exposure.
But the only way i see that changing is if the band release a video or get more air play etc.

I could see them doing RDS or something again though.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 09:07:56 AM »

yeah you're right about the exposure.
But the only way i see that changing is if the band release a video or get more air play etc.

I could see them doing RDS or something again though.
You could be right. A video would be amazing and would put the band back up on the pedestal they graced all those years back! Hope to see them back here anyway

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 09:26:59 AM »

Me too!  Smiley

dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 04:22:06 AM »

I know lord henrys son is taking a more hands on role in relation to who performs at slane.

They both said some time ago that they have 2 bands in mind & i doubt very much gnr was one .

Hope that all changes. Maybe we will see a double header smoking 
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 04:24:35 AM »

Is there any website or anyone we can contact to try and push for it to happen?

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 02:45:48 PM »

Just a thought, I know GNR haven't announced any European dates but I imagine they might keep the ball rolling and hopefully announce some dates at some point. Greenday were rumoured to headline Slane, Ireland this year but they already have a confirmed date for Marley Park and I can't see them filling up Slane. Its been 18 years since GNR played Slane and this venue was always regarded as a great rock concert venue seeing other bands like Queen, Rolling Stones, U2 and Bowie perform there. In the past few years there's been a lack of rock legends coming to perform in Slane so I just thought I'd throw the invitation out there for Axl to return to Ireland and rock the fields of Co. Meath once again!!!

Guns are too rebellious for Slane I think. I cannot see it happening.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 03:32:12 PM »

I agree. I think (and hope Wink) they will play again in Ireland, but not in Slane. It's true it's a great venue though (U2's concert in 2001 there was amazing). I saw GN'R in Dublin in 2006 and it was a really cool concert!

Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 05:35:18 PM »

I'm Irish so obviously I'm all for the band returning to not just Slane Castle, but to Ireland in general. It is a bit ambitious but I would be content with the band playing three dates in Ireland, all three dates being in both the north and south. One concert in the Odyssey Arena in Belfast, and then the other two in the R.D.S and O2 Arena in Dublin.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: