Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 12:12:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228034 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 138206 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2010, 11:55:19 PM »

The Jets are courting Jason Taylor from the Dolphins. He's visiting with the Jets right now. They are going after him hard and apparently aren't intending to let him leave without signing possibly by days end. We'll see what happens.
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2010/04/source-jason-taylor-to-jets-close-to-done.html

by: Mike Berardino
April 9th, 2010 | 1:58 PM 

Nothing is official, but the rumors are flying that Jason Taylor has all but agreed to become a New York Jet.

A Taylor associate tells me the deal is “close to done” and all that’s left to discuss are smaller issues, such as how much of the voluntary offseason program the 35-year-old linebacker will be allowed to skip as he comes off minor shoulder surgery.

“He was courted by some other teams but it looks like New York is the spot,” the associate said. “He’s waiting for them to make it more enticing for him.”

The deal would be for two years at $3.45 million, the maximum the Jets could pay him under the new rules for an uncapped NFL year.

However, agent Gary Wichard tells me there will be “nothing till next week” on Taylor’s 2010 home.

Wichard also shot down the rumor that had Taylor staying up in New York for a third straight day of a red-carpet recruiting visit. Wichard tells me Taylor is back home now.

It’s possible a deal has been reached in principle but the Taylor family wants to spend the weekend contemplating a career move they probably never could have imagined until now.

They also could be giving the Dolphins a little extra time to come to their senses and retain a co-captain and potential Hall of Famer who has immense respect within the locker room and among the fan base.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2010, 12:01:03 AM »

The Jets are courting Jason Taylor from the Dolphins. He's visiting with the Jets right now. They are going after him hard and apparently aren't intending to let him leave without signing possibly by days end. We'll see what happens.
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2010/04/source-jason-taylor-to-jets-close-to-done.html

by: Mike Berardino
April 9th, 2010 | 1:58 PM 

Nothing is official, but the rumors are flying that Jason Taylor has all but agreed to become a New York Jet.

A Taylor associate tells me the deal is ?close to done? and all that?s left to discuss are smaller issues, such as how much of the voluntary offseason program the 35-year-old linebacker will be allowed to skip as he comes off minor shoulder surgery.

?He was courted by some other teams but it looks like New York is the spot,? the associate said. ?He?s waiting for them to make it more enticing for him.?

The deal would be for two years at $3.45 million, the maximum the Jets could pay him under the new rules for an uncapped NFL year.

However, agent Gary Wichard tells me there will be ?nothing till next week? on Taylor?s 2010 home.

Wichard also shot down the rumor that had Taylor staying up in New York for a third straight day of a red-carpet recruiting visit. Wichard tells me Taylor is back home now.

It?s possible a deal has been reached in principle but the Taylor family wants to spend the weekend contemplating a career move they probably never could have imagined until now.

They also could be giving the Dolphins a little extra time to come to their senses and retain a co-captain and potential Hall of Famer who has immense respect within the locker room and among the fan base.

Thanks Faldor, i hadn't seen anything new about this the last day or so. I think its a good deal if its for the reported amount and time. We would get a guy that is still pretty good for two years for not much money.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2010, 12:28:50 PM »

Yeah the Patriots have been trying to get Jason Taylor the last 3 years and it looks like they'll fail once again.  So it'd be a double victory for the Jets

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2010, 12:35:14 PM »

I wonder where Vick's going to go...San Fran would be a good spot for him...I can't imagine teams out there would be willing to part with more than a 4th round pick for him though.

Can my Vikes pleeeease sign Brian Westbrook?  He'd be a solid 3rd down rb...yes, the concussion thing would be a concern...they could just tie performance/durability into some incentives.

One more draft thought, teams are going to kick themselves for passing on wr Dez Bryant.  I can't believe the mock drafts that have him flling into the 20's.  No way does he drop lower than teens in my opinion.

Any other draft thoughts out there???

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2010, 04:41:53 PM »

Yeah the Patriots have been trying to get Jason Taylor the last 3 years and it looks like they'll fail once again.  So it'd be a double victory for the Jets

You never would've thought this would be possible after his comments about the Jets last year. Rex must be one helluva motivator. That's good though. I think he's got that team moving in the right direction.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2010, 01:25:22 AM »

Jayson Taylor is so overrated.

1-15 miami

drop Taylor make playoffs

bring him back miss playoffs again

sure it wasn't all his fault....  hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2010, 11:43:29 PM »

Santonio Holmes is now a JET!  No throwing drinks at defenseless women in NY buddy, but we welcome you! If we don't crush everyone this year it'll be a sin!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 11:45:20 PM by Bill 213 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2010, 12:23:58 PM »

Santonio Holmes is now a JET!  No throwing drinks at defenseless women in NY buddy, but we welcome you! If we don't crush everyone this year it'll be a sin!

Wow, he went for a 5th round pick.  The Steelers knew he'd be gone after this season, plus he has a 4-game suspension a-comin' this season, but damn, he should be able to help the Jets big-time.  Sanchez doesn't have any excuses this season.
This signing can't be good news for Pats fans...Faldor, what's your take on this?

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2010, 02:06:37 PM »

I understand Holmes has had his fair share of off-the-field issues, but, damn, the Steelers just gave him away.

Here Today . . .
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2010, 07:10:32 PM »

I'm very happy that McNubb is out of Philadelphia! Year after year we heard the 'Superbowl Champions this year!' chant and every year McNubb could not deliver. And now the chants have already started in Washington. I now can root for the Eagles once again and will love to pull for every team to beat the Redskins.  ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2010, 07:47:50 PM »

Wow, he went for a 5th round pick.  The Steelers knew he'd be gone after this season, plus he has a 4-game suspension a-comin' this season, but damn, he should be able to help the Jets big-time.  Sanchez doesn't have any excuses this season.
This signing can't be good news for Pats fans...Faldor, what's your take on this?
Jets were going to be good regardless.  This makes them a little better, but it's not like it puts them over the top into unbeatable range.  Holmes is a very solid WR, but he's inconsistent.  It all depends on how much Sanchez progresses.  And I agree that LT is a big downgrade from Thomas Jones, as crazy as that sounds.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2010, 01:24:37 AM »

Jets were going to be good regardless.  This makes them a little better, but it's not like it puts them over the top into unbeatable range.  Holmes is a very solid WR, but he's inconsistent.  It all depends on how much Sanchez progresses.  And I agree that LT is a big downgrade from Thomas Jones, as crazy as that sounds.

You're right it all really depends on how Sanchez progresses. You know they're gonna be able to shut offenses down with that best in the league defense. If Sanchez can start reading coverages better like he did toward the end of the season he should be more comfortable throwing the ball. If that is the case they will be very good and tough to beat. They'll be able to put up a lot more points then last season.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2010, 01:02:21 PM »

I'm very happy that McNubb is out of Philadelphia! Year after year we heard the 'Superbowl Champions this year!' chant and every year McNubb could not deliver. And now the chants have already started in Washington. I now can root for the Eagles once again and will love to pull for every team to beat the Redskins.  ok

Well, now you can enjoy hearing Eagles' fans chanting, "Last in the division this year! Woohoo!"

The Eagles have never won a Superbowl. EVER! People act like McNabb took over a very good team and was the reason they couldn't win the big one, like he was holding the team back or something. When, in reality, he took over a team that hadn't been to the NFC Championship game in 20 years--- 20 years!--- and got them there five times during his 11-year stint.

I'm a diehard Eagles fan, but I'm going to enjoy watching Kolb struggle and this team lose. If all you guys hated McNabb, with all the success he's had, the best QB the team has EVER had, then you guys are really going to hate Kolb's ugly ass.

I've actually heard idiotic Eagles fans say that this team is BETTER than it was last year, just because Kolb is there. "Oh, with Kolb's accuracy, this team's gonna be unstoppable!!!!11!!! Superbowl here we come!!!!111!!! No more McNabb dirtballs!! I'm a dumbass!!!!! Blah, blah, blah . . ." When, in reality, this year's team will be lucky to win five or six games. The defense last year was very mediocre, and instead of trying to improve it, the Eagles only made it worse by releasing one of their best defensive players in Sheldon Brown, and also releasing the best LB they had on the field last year in Witherspoon. The offensive line wasn't very good last year, and the Eagles have made no effort to improve it any, and it'll only be worse with center Jamaal Jackson still recovering from a torn ACL. The running game was non-existant last year. And, imo, I still think a 30-year-old, injury-ridden Westbrook is a better option than Mike-fucking-Bell. So there's another area the Eagles downgraded in.

Unless the Eagles have a perfect draft and bring in guys who are going to be able to produce right away and start, it's going to be a very long season. That excitement Eagles fan were able to feel before each and every season for basically the past decade, knowing that they had a legitimate shot at going to a Superbowl and winning it, that's gone. Now it's back to mediocrity and missing the playoffs every season. So enjoy it, 'cause apparently that's what you and a large majority of Eagles fans have been craving.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2010, 09:34:04 PM »

Is anybody else as psyched up as I am over the new NFL draft format?  I think the whole prime time deal plus the fact it's spread over several days with breaks built in between is awesome.

Gilee, I agree with you on the Philly posts.  The NFC East is going to be exciting as hell to watch this season though.  The 'skins will have a better record than the Eagles this season. 

So where do all you folks think Dez Bryant will be drafted?  Will the Pats move up to grab him in the teens? 

Is Bradford to St. Louis a done deal?  I heard a rumor today that Pittsburgh might be trying to trade Roethlisberger.   Shocked  Now THAT would be shocking.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2010, 11:19:10 PM »

From what I hear St. Louis was trying extremely hard to woo a trade with Pittsburgh for Rothlesberger, but nothing came of it.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2010, 08:23:50 AM »

Well, now you can enjoy hearing Eagles' fans chanting, "Last in the division this year! Woohoo!"

The Eagles can lose every game this coming season, I could care less. But Andy Reid already gets  'Coach of the Year' in my opinion for dumping McNubb.

McNubb was always over hyped and the little engine that never could in Philadelphia.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2010, 01:05:16 PM »

Brandon Marshall to the Dolphins for 2nd round pick in 2010 and 2011.  Originally I thought the Jets would have him, but the Santonio Holmes deal was just too cheap and sweet to pass up on. 

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2010, 05:29:34 PM »

Brandon Marshall to the Dolphins for 2nd round pick in 2010 and 2011.  Originally I thought the Jets would have him, but the Santonio Holmes deal was just too cheap and sweet to pass up on. 

The Dolphins are going to be a force this year -  Parcells sure didn't take long to make this team a contender again
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2010, 07:01:39 PM »

The Dolphins are going to be a force this year -  Parcells sure didn't take long to make this team a contender again

I don't know man, I read something the other day that showed what Parcells has done in the last 10 years...not much success at all.

I do think Marshall for 2 2nd rounders is a fair deal, and one that should help both teams.  (great deal for Miami if Marshall doesn't act like a jack-ass again)

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2010, 07:03:30 PM »

The Eagles can lose every game this coming season, I could care less. But Andy Reid already gets  'Coach of the Year' in my opinion for dumping McNubb.

McNubb was always over hyped and the little engine that never could in Philadelphia.

Drew, your hatred for McNabb knows no bounds does it?   hihi
Eagles go 3-13..."Take that McNabb!" Drew says. 
 rofl
That "little engine" helped give you 5 NFC Championship game and 1 Super Bowl appearance in 5 of 11 years.  Wink

Honestly, I think Kolb will be serviceable.  The Eagles defense is not good, and Kolb should put up big numbers playing from behind.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 07:06:29 PM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: