Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:42:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  POLL: Favorite guitar player?
Poll
Question: Who's your favorite GN'R guitar player (listed alphabetically)?
DJ Ashba - 25 (21.9%)
Richard Fortus - 35 (30.7%)
Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal - 54 (47.4%)
Total Voters: 109

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: POLL: Favorite guitar player?  (Read 64343 times)
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2011, 03:59:47 AM »

I like all of them, but I always thought Ron was underappreciated and that's why I voted for him. Looking at the results of this poll, I guess I was wrong!  Grin

Seriously though, Ron deserves my vote just based on his spot on performance of Estranged!  ok

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2011, 01:48:43 PM »

Ron. I'm not a huge fan of DJ (I missed Robin when some solos comes, honestly) and Richard is
awesome and under rated in Guns but his role in the band is less important (musically speaking, not live).

Ron is just one of the greatest guitar hero of our times because he combines every aspect of the job
and he deserves a bigger influence in the band.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Gilbyfan
Headliner

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2013, 02:14:56 AM »

All of the current three are amazing players. But I'll pick Fortus cos i love his James Bond theme guitar solo. Too cool.

Of the classic Guns guitarists I'll go Gilby. Ok so Izzy wrote or co wrote many classic songs and Slash played all the solos. Gilby gets shit cos he didn't get to write and play on an original studio album. But anyone who ever bought a solo Gilby album or saw him live with Guns knows that Gilby is pure rock n roll cool.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2014, 12:37:34 PM »

Bumblefoot
Richard
DJ

In that order.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2014, 05:32:15 PM »

Ron is awesome! He looks really cool and seems to care a lot about the fans. Sounds great too.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2016, 06:10:44 PM »

A reset  poll with all of the gn'r guitarists woul dbe cool right?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
breakdown110
Opening Act

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2016, 05:58:26 AM »

Really late to the discussion (5 personnel moves late). I'm happy Slash is back, both playing songs he helped create, and playing Chinese Democracy tracks. Ron, DJ, and Tommy deserve a lot of credit though. Ron in particular gives one of my favorite solo-ish performances with 'Objectify' on Appetite for Democracy. And DJ takes a lot of shit, but he is crazy talented.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2016, 11:03:34 AM »

Slash should have been everyone's pick.

Even while the CD era was still a thing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2016, 12:42:24 PM »

Slash should have been everyone's pick.

Even while the CD era was still a thing.
Not necessarily. If someone just got into the band during the CD era, those people do exist, they wouldn't have the connection to Slash. I never voted on this until today. I picked Fortus, since he stayed put and DJ and Ron left. I enjoyed their time in the band though. Very fan friendly, which was great to see.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2016, 02:01:35 PM »

Not necessarily. If someone just got into the band during the CD era, those people do exist, they wouldn't have the connection to Slash. I never voted on this until today. I picked Fortus, since he stayed put and DJ and Ron left. I enjoyed their time in the band though. Very fan friendly, which was great to see.

Can we kick this around a bit?  Because this subject fascinates me.

The "CD era" started on 01.01.2001.  Yet there was no album until 11.23.2008.

What was the genesis of this fandom that was developed in that time?  Did you download leaks?  Concert bootlegs from that era?

How did you fill those 7 long ass years?

Did you seriously not have any of the classic GNR stuff to even get you started? 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2016, 04:20:27 PM »

Can we kick this around a bit?  Because this subject fascinates me.

The "CD era" started on 01.01.2001.  Yet there was no album until 11.23.2008.

What was the genesis of this fandom that was developed in that time?  Did you download leaks?  Concert bootlegs from that era?

How did you fill those 7 long ass years?

Did you seriously not have any of the classic GNR stuff to even get you started? 
Well I don't fall into that category, so I can't say for sure. But there are plenty that claim they became aware and intrigued by the CD saga. You can't deny that it was a saga, and somewhat of a soap opera. There were many twists and turns along the way to hold people's attention. You had live shows, the VMA's, new songs being performed, new takes on old classics, new interesting band members, even more new band members, countless rumors. I'm sure you're aware of all the minutiae. Hell, a large number of us stuck around the entire time despite only getting one album in all those years. The soap opera element and potential for new music was enough to keep the fanbase alive. If you weren't a fan when Slash was in the band and you more know him for slagging Axl, or for his autobiography, you're not likely to be a huge fan of his. Even if he was a key contributor to songs you've listened to thousands of times played by other guys. You're going to gravitate towards what you know. It's why I prefer Guns versions of KOHD, LALD, Dead Flowers, maybe even Sympathy for the Devil over the originals. I know that won't be a popular take on SFTD, and I know it played a part in the breakup of the band, but I personally love that version. That's another discussion though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2016, 11:11:58 AM »

There are no rules for such a subjective matter. Pick whoever you like. I don't have to give you a reason why I prefer someone over the other, you just like one better than the other.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: