Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:03:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  March 14th, 2010 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil @ Apoteose [CANCELLED SHOW + INFO]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March 14th, 2010 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil @ Apoteose [CANCELLED SHOW + INFO]  (Read 17936 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2010, 05:21:05 PM »

The caps is awesome:

In this Sunday, one of Guns N' Roses guitar players, Chris Pitman, got a Flamengo t-shirt as a gift from the team. (...)

Source: http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/Noticias/Times/Flamengo/0,,MUL1530343-9865,00-FOTO+GUITARRISTA+DO+GUNS+NROSES+GANHA+CAMISA+DO+FLAMENGO.html

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2010, 05:39:38 PM »

Nice pic Voodoo! I would have gave him the exact Corinthians #9 Ronaldo Nike T-shirt i just have bought with the money I got from the ticket for Rio  Grin

... so far, i decided to go to 2 shows... Belo Horizonte > shortest setlist ever, Rio de Janeiro > minor hurricane, collapsed stage, cancelled gig...

I know it's not really funny at all, but I kinda had to laugh. Minor hurricane - what are the chances for just that?! On another note, I'm very glad nothing worse happened and I do hope you get retribution for all your misfortune Estebanf. I think I can safely say you deserve it  Smiley.

Now being a lot calmer, i just think its not the catastopher i thought it was... I already attended a show here in Brazil, and i got another two shows left to see. Lets see what happens at these 2 places... maybe aliens atacking Montevideo? maybe a meteorite falling down from the sky and destroying the Velez Sarsfield stadium?  hihi j/k

All i ask is decent setlists in Montevideo and Buenos Aires. GNR is so powerful and impressive live, that you will be always wanting more. But hey! the BH setlist could have been a bit longer!

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2010, 05:44:07 PM »

well, i think its over for me. If there is no news about the re-scheduled date at this point, that must mean that there will be no show today. So sad.

In the big picture, it's "just a concert".

We are very fortunate that everybody who was there are alive today. That's the only thing that matters.

I can understand people being upset about there not being a show, but look at what could have happened and suddenly the concert itself doesn't seem that important.

I'm sorry if that offends you.

I know I'll get a bunch of idiots telling me "it's easy for you to say, you get to see multiple concerts".

But people could have fucking died there yesterday!

/jarmo

Who gives a fuck about a concert man. Really, what if the show went on, then all this happened? It coulda killed someone, and that woulda been it.....you're alive, everyone else is alive, that's all that matters.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2010, 05:44:11 PM »

oh, and FYI, you can have your money back at Modern Sound (if you bought your ticket there) since 18th of march.

Since my flight to argentina is tomorrow, i just had to put my best sad and whiny face, speak in a very credible english, begging them to give me my money back, which they did. What begun being a ticket for GNR, it ended being a nice Corinthians Ronaldo t-shirt!  Grin

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2010, 05:50:25 PM »

well, i think its over for me. If there is no news about the re-scheduled date at this point, that must mean that there will be no show today. So sad.

We are very fortunate that everybody who was there are alive today. That's the only thing that matters.

I can understand people being upset about there not being a show, but look at what could have happened and suddenly the concert itself doesn't seem that important.

I know I'll get a bunch of idiots telling me "it's easy for you to say, you get to see multiple concerts".

/jarmo

Who gives a fuck about a concert man. Really, what if the show went on, then all this happened? It coulda killed someone, and that woulda been it.....you're alive, everyone else is alive, that's all that matters.

you must be talking to me, but you werent smart enough to quote actually me

Just to let you know, im very happy im alive. I had a premium ticket, so if the show happened, and the stage fell down, i would have been dead by now. Do you need any clearer explanation?

Now, there?s the other part of the history. I dont know who the fuck you are, where are you from, what do you do with your life, etc. All i know is i just went here to Rio to see this concert, and you will not tell me how to feel right now. I havent seen the band since 1993, and im so glad i was able to see the band in Belo Horizonte, so even though im sad, i had the experience of seeing GNR live and it was incredible, and Im gonna see the band 2 more times yet. I was just praying they could re-schedule the show for today, which didnt happen, and its fine with me. Life goes on, so do GNR and its shows.

Now you can go and give life lessons to another one who cares about them. Just to be even clearer, im not one of those.

StardustGirl
Headliner

And though as long as this road seems...

« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2010, 05:55:29 PM »

I already attended a show here in Brazil, and i got another two shows left to see. Lets see what happens at these 2 places... maybe aliens atacking Montevideo? maybe a meteorite falling down from the sky and destroying the Velez Sarsfield stadium?  hihi j/k
[/quote]

I am curious to read about your further adventures in the days to come and following a natural development the next misfortune should indeed be something of galactic proportions  hihi Anyways, let's hope you and everybody else will be safe though and the only thing affected will be just  the concerts.

I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night...
long live rock n' roll
sixgnr
Rocker

I know it's only Rock N' Roll but I like it!

« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2010, 06:15:34 PM »

It's fuckin' crazy and so scary.
Like a horror movie.
It remember me the Heineken Jammin' Festival in Italy 2007: the day before the Aerosmith show at the festival, just at the end a band performance, the area was hit by a minor tornado. I was just coming back at home with my train tickets and my boyfriend told me what it happened... I couldn't believe it. Some light tower collapsed and some ampli dameged, some people injured... I was there with my tickets in the hand and no words to explain my state of mind.

I'm Fuckin' Innocent!
Turin '92 + Milan & Zurich 2006 + Helsinki-Aalborg-Roma-Milano-Zurich 2010
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2010, 06:18:24 PM »

Holy crap....
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2010, 06:18:36 PM »

/jarmo

you must be talking to me, but you werent smart enough to quote actually me

Just to let you know, im very happy im alive. I had a premium ticket, so if the show happened, and the stage fell down, i would have been dead by now. Do you need any clearer explanation?

Now, there?s the other part of the history. I dont know who the fuck you are, where are you from, what do you do with your life, etc. All i know is i just went here to Rio to see this concert, and you will not tell me how to feel right now. I havent seen the band since 1993, and im so glad i was able to see the band in Belo Horizonte, so even though im sad, i had the experience of seeing GNR live and it was incredible, and Im gonna see the band 2 more times yet. I was just praying they could re-schedule the show for today, which didnt happen, and its fine with me. Life goes on, so do GNR and its shows.

Now you can go and give life lessons to another one who cares about them. Just to be even clearer, im not one of those.

Umm....ok..........great to see you're still alive....

I'm pretty sure Jarmo was just saying in general, and not chewing you out specifically.

My point was simply agreeing with Jarmo, not attacking you personally. He was right. It was just a concert, and the most important thing is that the band, crew, the pale guy with the glasses and backpack, and the fans, yes including you, are alive to see another day.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2010, 06:43:13 PM »

That was horrifying even with the sound turned off  Shocked That is definitely twister weather, I can't even imagine being around all of that stacked metal with those kinds of winds, rain and lightening going on  nervous  My personal fear is tornadoes (I've never experienced one, thank goodness) so this really IS like a horror movie  confused  nervous

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
gustavo_adami
Headliner

« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2010, 06:50:56 PM »

Today morning

cineater
Legend

« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2010, 07:13:11 PM »

Holy shit!

Yeah it is sad this show by a strange twist of fate didn't happen.  I'm sure the band is happy it wasn't worse than it was but I'm just as sure they were looking forward to this show as much as the fans were. 

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
rfuganti
Opening Act

« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2010, 08:57:47 PM »

So, to whoever wants to believe this...

I live in Sao Paulo.  I went to the Palestra Italia show, trully amazing, almost shitted myself when Axl threatened to leave (there is more to shitting myself, keep reading) and had a blast.  Came home, slept, woke up, had breakfast (lunch actually) and headed to the airport for my 16:40 to Rio.   The flight left at 17:20, we got to Rio at around 18:00 and were about to land in the local airport (Santos Dumont) whent he pilot announced that the world was falling down and that the local airport, which has a VERY SHORT runway, was closed and we were diverting to the Internatinal Airport (Galeao, much bigger runway).

We flew for another 10 minutes, the pilot did the final left turn and lined up to the runway.  At this point, it was 18:20 (yes, the stage fell about 15 min after that I think).  About 20 seconds before landing (I know this because we talked later) he got an ABORT ABORT from the tower, gunned the throtle to FULL and flew straight up and into the storm.

Basically, this is the really pant-shitting part... I have flown quite a bit, but never, NEVER experienced anything like this.  Have you seen the first episode of LOST?  Well, we went short of the plane breaking in two.  Lightning, thunder, turbulence, people praying, I for the first time picked up the puke bag (to no use).  10 minutes of hell. The pilot had to climb back all the way to cruise altitude to clear the clouds, and even so it was a scary sight.  We ended up landing in Belo Horizonte, some 500km away and only then I found out that the show was off.

I spoke  for some time with the pilot while sorting out what to do, and he said it was one of the worst he has ever experienced. We were the last plane to try to land before they closed the airport, and we aborted landing about 500m from the runway.  some 45mph crosswinds were hitting the airport.

I got off in BH, checked on the weather, and hopped a plane back to Sao Paulo.  I aint worried about the money, probably because (a) I?m glad we made it and (b) my ticked for April is still valid.  But I?m probably driving there.

Having said that, I would like to say I?m very glad no one got seriously hurt, and the crowd was still outside.  A flying pannel like the ones from the roof, which are probably metal, would cut someone in 2 like butter when flying/falling from up there...

Cheers,  beer

Rafael
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2010, 10:28:58 PM »

Wow! That's unbelievable!

I heard about the airport closing last night....

Glad you're ok!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2010, 10:32:41 PM »

That is scary shit. Thank god everyone survived with only minor injuries.
rfuganti
Opening Act

« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2010, 10:52:29 PM »

Thanks Jarmo!  Have fun in Porto Alegre.

cheers,
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2010, 12:22:51 AM »

That sucks for everyone who was looking forward to the show (i know what it's like to be at a GnR show that doesn't happen), but...  that footage of the stage collapsing and that weather was some crazy shit! Thank God nobody got killed! And it's a good thing the stage collapsed when it did. Imagine if it held up til the weather cleared, and then collapsed later on, when there might be people around or even the fucking band on stage! Unless of course that fuckhead who threw the bottle the other night rushed up front to get a good bottle-throwing spot -- it wouldn't have been a loss for that fucker to get crushed by the wreckage!  hihi

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2010, 01:21:17 AM »

Wow. Huge bullet dodge.

So happy everyone is ok. Smiley

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2010, 03:56:19 AM »

Jesus Christ ... Shocked Shocked

Something terrible could have happened that night if the band took the stage and the audience was right there ...

What a nightmare it could have been.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2010, 04:57:03 AM »

Wow, what a scary turn of events. Thank God the stage collapsed when it did and not during the show. Shocked

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: