Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:59:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227940 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  March 22 - Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Velez Sarfield [ UPDATES +DICUSSIONS]
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March 22 - Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Velez Sarfield [ UPDATES +DICUSSIONS]  (Read 62599 times)
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #220 on: March 24, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »

AXL: WHY THE HELL DO YOU PAY LOTS OF MONEY FOR THAT GIGANT SOUND SYSTEM IF YOU PUT A MONKEY TO OPERATE IT ?

Technical problems are going to pop up now and then. That's a fact that can't be avoided by the best soundman.
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #221 on: March 24, 2010, 02:52:39 PM »

I liked when Axl was joking with BBF on the floor at the last part of ?whole lotta Rosie?. We laughed  hihi

Hahahaha! Yeah, I forgot to mention that in my (intend-of) review. It was really funny!

Ron ended playing ?Whole Lotta Rosie? lying on the floor playing like crazy and then Axl came and started (acting like he was) kicking him with Frank doing the SFX  rofl

The smile in Axl's face was awesome...   beer

Wonder how Ron and Ashba got into "Por una cabeza"... Maybe someone told them in the hotel or they heard it earlier around the city.

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #222 on: March 24, 2010, 03:01:11 PM »

AXL: WHY THE HELL DO YOU PAY LOTS OF MONEY FOR THAT GIGANT SOUND SYSTEM IF YOU PUT A MONKEY TO OPERATE IT ?

Technical problems are going to pop up now and then. That's a fact that can't be avoided by the best soundman.

Ding ding ding ding ding! From most of the reviews I've read the VAST majority of the people at the show could hear Axl just fine. Sometimes there are dead spots that pop up when it comes to stadium shows and there is not a damn thing that can be done about it.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #223 on: March 24, 2010, 03:02:06 PM »

Wonder how Ron and Ashba got into "Por una cabeza"... Maybe someone told them in the hotel or they heard it earlier around the city.

I'm sure being around the culture is enough of an inspiration for them to just want to play something for the locals  ok
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2010, 03:51:10 PM »

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR SHARING ALL THE GREAT PICS N' YOUTUBE VIDEOS N' YOUR REVIEWS!!!  beer

WOW! beer what a fucking perfomance! Axl's voice sound wonderful on that one...

Who are the lucky guys standing behind Axl while he is singing? smoking

Did you guys notice that Axl started singing the last part of the song before the solo ended? that was weird

He's done that before.

I remember watching a youtube of Don't Cry from Japan and I even posted a comment about the TALENT N' PROFESSIONALISM that Ron showed when it happened then because without missing a beat, Ron transitioned to the exact point to match where Axl went.

In this Argentina version, I think Ron showed even more professionalism (if that's possible) because this time when that happened, Dj happened to be playing along side/with Ron.  Ron could have easily hung Dj out to dry and just go himself where Axl went in the song.  What Ron did do was finish the part Dj n' him were at before moving on to the point where Axl was at.

It's certainly Axl's prerogative to take any song in any direction.  It's just amazing the artistry and ability that Ron not only shows in handling anything that comes his way but also the way he guided (for lack of a better term) Dj through it also.

And let's not forget that we wouldn't even be hearing Axl sing Don't Cry if Ron didn't add it as part of HIS SOLO!!!

BUMBLEFOOT RULES!!!  headbanger
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 03:58:58 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #225 on: March 24, 2010, 04:00:08 PM »

Absolutly! As you said, Ron professionalism is outstanding.

During the last solo of November Rain I had the impression that Ron was looking at the crowd like saying "Hey look, I can do this with one hand"  hihi  It amazed me!  drool

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
manteca80
Opening Act

« Reply #226 on: March 24, 2010, 05:25:27 PM »

Intro/Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cEn08HLr1E

It's So Easy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-D-6JFlXbo

Mr. Brownstone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5URKGJXcEBU

Sorry

Better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrUuhNZT6ak

Solo de guitarra de Richard Fortus (James Bond Theme)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGaLpfBg918

Live And Let Die

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fQ9lbxmV1g

If The World

Rocket Queen

Thank you for supporting us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEQUwlO88nk

Solo de piano de Dizzy Reed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NruzNFk8ok

Street Of Dreams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VApZeRnKO1M

You wanna have fun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_kZ3yTw_WQ

You Could Be Mine

Solo de guitarra de DJ Ashba (The Ballad Of Death)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On1uKIvBCQA

Sweet Child O' Mine

Improvisaci?n instrumental (Another Brick In The Wall)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku8cHXZISwY

Solo de piano de Axl (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Someone Saved My Life Tonight)

November Rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kR_5dGgj4c

Solo de guitarra de Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal (Pink Panther Theme)

Don't Cry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FXqribQm3E

Out Ta Get Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOFpHi1rXGU

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Madagascar

Whole Lotta Rosie

Jam instrumental (Por Una Cabeza)

Patience

Paradise City
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #227 on: March 24, 2010, 05:27:03 PM »

Ron played like 3 seconds of Estranged on the 2009 Asian tour during his solo. Maybe one day we'll hear a shorter version of Estranged. Smiley

mauritox
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #228 on: March 24, 2010, 05:59:15 PM »

Ding ding ding ding ding! From most of the reviews I've read the VAST majority of the people at the show could hear Axl just fine. Sometimes there are dead spots that pop up when it comes to stadium shows and there is not a damn thing that can be done about it.

i've read people's reviews who were at the same sector i was and they claim they "heard" axl just fine.... well, i think those are that kind of people that can't hear anything negative said about their favorite band, or they have special ears, i don't know... fact is i was there and axl's voice was barely heard and lot of people from different sectors said the same...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #229 on: March 24, 2010, 06:27:33 PM »

I can't hear Axl because the crowd is singing too loud  hihi  You guys are the best.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #230 on: March 24, 2010, 06:29:30 PM »

Ron played like 3 seconds of Estranged on the 2009 Asian tour during his solo. Maybe one day we'll hear a shorter version of Estranged. Smiley

He did it in Bras?lia as well, I think he's been doing that every show, but not a lot of people notice.
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #231 on: March 24, 2010, 06:39:08 PM »

It's obvious you didn't watch the video where axl talks trought a translator guy and ALL THE STADIUM is bitching about the sound. I had friends in front, friends next to the sound tower, I was in the middle, and all of us noticed the same.

Tatiana
Headliner

Hi gunners!

« Reply #232 on: March 24, 2010, 06:54:00 PM »

I was 2 meters from the stage and I could hardly hear Axl. You said this beacuse you weren't there.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #233 on: March 24, 2010, 06:56:02 PM »

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR SHARING ALL THE GREAT PICS N' YOUTUBE VIDEOS N' YOUR REVIEWS!!!  beer

WOW! beer what a fucking perfomance! Axl's voice sound wonderful on that one...

Who are the lucky guys standing behind Axl while he is singing? smoking

Did you guys notice that Axl started singing the last part of the song before the solo ended? that was weird

He's done that before.

I remember watching a youtube of Don't Cry from Japan and I even posted a comment about the TALENT N' PROFESSIONALISM that Ron showed when it happened then because without missing a beat, Ron transitioned to the exact point to match where Axl went.

In this Argentina version, I think Ron showed even more professionalism (if that's possible) because this time when that happened, Dj happened to be playing along side/with Ron.  Ron could have easily hung Dj out to dry and just go himself where Axl went in the song.  What Ron did do was finish the part Dj n' him were at before moving on to the point where Axl was at.

It's certainly Axl's prerogative to take any song in any direction.  It's just amazing the artistry and ability that Ron not only shows in handling anything that comes his way but also the way he guided (for lack of a better term) Dj through it also.

And let's not forget that we wouldn't even be hearing Axl sing Don't Cry if Ron didn't add it as part of HIS SOLO!!!

I totally agree with this, I was saying something similar about how the new band have to guess when to go for the change and start the power chords during Jungle after the bridge and solo. I'm sure alot have noticed that the new band improvise the bit before Axl says ' Do you know where you are? ' after the second solo. This is amazing to watch live, and shows just how talented the whole band is because if one person goes too early or too late, it would throw everyone else off balance.

The new band are on fire, and also with that Bumblefoot seems to keep on getting better and better.

I love the man.  love

Lee
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 08:13:22 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Tatiana
Headliner

Hi gunners!

« Reply #234 on: March 24, 2010, 07:07:02 PM »

It's obvious you didn't watch the video where axl talks trought a translator guy and ALL THE STADIUM is bitching about the sound. I had friends in front, friends next to the sound tower, I was in the middle, and all of us noticed the same.

Exactly. Video of people screaming ?No escuchamos? (We can't hear) ?No escuchamos? (We can't hear). Low Voice Sound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQe-_19240k

As I said before I was 2 meters from the stage and Axl's mic was very low and with echo. What a good sound engineer!!!   confused
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #235 on: March 24, 2010, 07:52:29 PM »

You're a fucking moron if you use that as an excuse to use racist terms.  ok

/jarmo

very nice of your part.  ok

i clearly stated that 100% of the people throwing shit and robbing at the show were argentine and white skinned, i am argentine and white skinned, so do all my family and friends, and you say i need an excuse to use racist terms  Roll Eyes

its easy to pretend you have the last word and the truth about something when you're the only one capable of censoring and insulting others. Good to see real life is not this way. Obviously, you dont care about me being flagrantly offended by your words.

I wonder if you reacted like Mother Teresa thinking for yourself ''this good human being maybe needs my phone to do some good deeds'' when you got your iphone stolen. Yeah, i do believe that... only difference here is i am not an hypocrite and as a human being i feel hatred. NOTHING to do with racism.

Dont worry, this is my last post in this thread.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #236 on: March 24, 2010, 08:02:04 PM »

I wonder if you reacted like Mother Teresa thinking for yourself ''this good human being maybe needs my phone to do some good deeds'' when you got your iphone stolen. Yeah, i do believe that... only difference here is i am not an hypocrite and as a human being i feel hatred. NOTHING to do with racism.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

Unlike you, I didn't blame the entire population of Brazil for my phone being stolen.

That was one person who did it, not an entire city, a nation or a race.

I wouldn't call the person a fucking Brazilian in a negative way. I would call him/her a fucking thief.

That's the difference between me and you.

The so called censoring. You only got yourself to blame. It's pretty moronic to make a full post and then use terms you damn well know are offensive to people outside your own country. You should know that this is not your site. You don't get to decide what's offensive. We don't necessarily follow the rules you have made up or the rules that might be acceptable among your friends in Argentina.

If you haven't realized that this place is international with people from all over the world, consider this your wake up call.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:20:25 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #237 on: March 24, 2010, 08:53:10 PM »

You should know that this is now your site.

You gave him the site?  Shocked

hehehehe....sorry, I couldn't resist...

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #238 on: March 24, 2010, 08:57:50 PM »

You should know that this is now your site.

You gave him the site?  Shocked

hehehehe....sorry, I couldn't resist...

hahahaha

hey people cmon dont get angry, we all are gunners ! 

i know sometimes feels like shit , when you post something and then someone just delete it !!!

i think both sides have some good points.
diferent countries, diferent slang
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #239 on: March 24, 2010, 09:21:10 PM »

Exactly. Video of people screaming ?No escuchamos? (We can't hear) ?No escuchamos? (We can't hear). Low Voice Sound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQe-_19240k

As I said before I was 2 meters from the stage and Axl's mic was very low and with echo. What a good sound engineer!!!   confused

You are picking 1 video where some people can't hear. I've seen tons of videos from the show that the sound is perfect. I'm not saying there wasn't ANY sound problem near the stage cause obviously there was a problem there but you can't blame the sound guy cause some NOT ALL people couldn't hear. Obviously if there was anything the sound guy could have done to fix the problem he would have done it.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: