Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:10:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nikki Sixx comments on DJ Ashba's status with GNR
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nikki Sixx comments on DJ Ashba's status with GNR  (Read 37827 times)
Sergott
Opening Act

« on: May 03, 2010, 03:22:53 PM »

Dj's response:

I can assure everyone that I am not just "filling in" I am very excited about the upcoming concerts and my future with Guns N' Roses and I'm honored to be apart of such a legendary band. God only knows the destruction were planning to do. Hope your all well N' I hope this clears shit up . . . .

Much Love N' Respect
~DjA~

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=139489

Am I reading in too much to him saying he is "filling in"?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 12:17:32 PM by jarmo » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 03:49:59 PM »

Am I reading in too much to him saying he is "filling in"?

Probably, he's out hyping their new album. Wink

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 03:57:47 PM »

what does it means?
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 04:01:53 PM »

Calm down everyone.
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 04:09:48 PM »

I didn't understand the expression nikki used anyway.

Well, can't wait for their new album, the 1st was amazing!
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 04:16:55 PM »

Well he's filling in.... he's hired...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 04:22:56 PM »

what does it means?

I just listened to the interview, and I don't think it means anything.

On DJ -- "He's with Guns N' Roses, went to South America...he's kinda filling in doing that thing right now." (2:57)

I took the "filling in" comment to mean...that's what he is currently doing outside of Sixx: A.M.

H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 04:23:24 PM »

He's filling in Robin's shoes..  Grin and I hope he stays in those shoes for a very long time.

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
Annie
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 05:46:10 PM »

I think he's very happy in GNR! ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 05:49:05 PM »

LOL@ u guys

filling in is in no way shape or form a positive thing.

Hopefully Nikki is mispeaking like Paul STanley was about the managerial thing with Doc

if DJ is filling in, that means he is doing the tour and is then back to Sixx AM.

that doesn't sound very positive to me.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 05:58:07 PM »

Dj replaced Robin.

Maybe Nikki wants it to look like Dj's main band still is (Nikki's band) Sixx:A.M., and not GN'R....

And before any of you write any news stories based on "the rumor", that's just my personal guess.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 05:58:32 PM »

I don't think I actually care too much anymore. What I mean by that is this.

I really loved GN'R... real fucking big old school gunner from back in the day. Loved Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff. But then there was the new version, and against all fucking odds I fucking dug them too. I really love Buckethead, and Tommy and Fortus are cool. Brain was great, and I dig Frank. Far better drummers then Steven or Matt. Frank is just fucking cool.

I dig Ron Thal. He is cool and talented as hell. I was thinking. He is BumbleFoot and is one of Satriani's prodigies whatever. Satriani is currently touring with this dude named ChickenFoot. I assume it is not all coincidence.

Anyway, Robin was cool (I am a NIN fan so...) But then he left and this Ashba dude. I just don't think I care anymore about following who the fuck the new Axe man is or who the fuck will replace him. I will leave that to Axl. Axl doesn't make it a habit to work with subpar musicians.

I am really hoping Bucket will feature on future albums and would love him to make an appearance at a future concert. There is just something so cool about him and Axl. It was a sweet pairing. It was so great that I didn't give a fuck about Slash anymore. That says a lot. Ashba, yea not so much. I think Nicki Six, Motley Crue, Poison... these fuckers suck and I always hated them. I was a GN'R fan and damn proud of it. You want Ashba Nicki? Who the fucck cares, you can have him. Yea he is a good player. He wouldn't be working for Axl if he wasn't. There are apparently a lot of talented guitar players with only a few who have that extra something special. Like Slash and Buckethead.

I am probably in the minority with all this but if Ashba leaves, I just don't care. He is no Buckethead so why should I? There will be someone else, and they will play all the parts just fine I am sure.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 06:13:26 PM »

Maybe Nikki wants it to look like Dj's main band still is (Nikki's band) Sixx:A.M., and not GN'R....

Yeah, I think that's right.  Nikki is out promoting the new album, so his focus is on DJ and Sixx: A.M.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 07:40:08 PM »

DJ and GNR have said they want him to write material for them.... DJ said that GNR was the closest band family he's ever been apart of

Then you get vince neil and nikki sux shooting off their mouths, about something they have no clue...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 08:30:47 PM »

I too think that this is just Nikki trying to use words to his favour. But I don't like how he talks as if DJ's not part of GN'R and that he's just a fill in. What also makes me think, is that what happens if Sixx Am want to tour within the next year?. I'm certain GN'R will keep touring for quite a while yet, even as long as next summer. What happens if in between that time Nikki wants DJ to commit to Sixx Am, whether it be touring or promoting their album?.

In this case, I'm guessing Axl may ask Robin if he's willing to tour the album. Which would make sense, since Robin is still apart of the GN'R family.

I love DJ, but having another commitment like Sixx Am, worries me slightly. Because sooner or later, DJ might need to invest a substantial amount of time with the band.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 08:32:22 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 09:06:02 PM »

Dj replaced Robin.

And before any of you write any news stories based on "the rumor", that's just my personal guess.

/jarmo

This, it's something to do with Nikki... not DJ.  Anyway DJ is in GN'R and no matter who says what "It don't really matter" they will find out for themselves
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 09:44:29 PM »

DJ is a good replacement for Robin but the "fill in"  comment might have more to it.  Sixx AM is what DJ was known for and he might have loyalty to them.  I respect that.  But as history has it, band members in GnR are in and out.  I wouldn't be surprised if he were to leave.  DJ is awesome and I hope he stays and that Sixx is just talking trash.

As the off topic goes... There is a special feeling you get when you see a consistant, stable, lineup.  With a solid lineup, it is like seeing THE band.  With rotating members, it feels like a bunch of stars making Axl shine.  Please forgive me but it is like Slash and his latest album.  A bunch of talent making Slash shine. It is just how I feel, just an opinion.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2010, 10:04:57 PM »

DJ is gonna get a better paycheck with GN'R touring than SIXX AM, even as a 8 piece compared to a 3 piece.  That makes a difference.  And also, it all depends on how active Guns remain.  If they take an extended break after the current tour than DJ can tour with Sixx AM.  If it came down to touring with Sixx AM or making a new Guns record, I think he'd stay with Guns and record.  Axl gives his band plenty of time to pursue other interests so DJ will probably be able to work both bands for awhile.  No way he quits in the middle of a Guns tour to tour with Nikki.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2010, 11:29:08 PM »

Nikki will say things to promote his current project, it's not a big deal to me-I kind of soured on Nikki and Motley after they put out what is their 6th or 7th greatest hits album-if I'm not mistaken, though, DJ co-wrote the last Motley album and will probably have songwriting credits on this, so how could he turn down projects like this

libertad
xxgunsxx
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 12:49:55 AM »

reading to much into it. remember to many people out there these are fill in members, they are finishing the sixx am album, motley is going on tour for ozzzfest. u have the gnr eu tour in the works. i am sure there is a contract between ashba and gnr that contains a time commitment. sixx's first thing is motley, sixx am is simply for extra cash and fun.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: