Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:04:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nikki Sixx comments on DJ Ashba's status with GNR
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nikki Sixx comments on DJ Ashba's status with GNR  (Read 37810 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2010, 01:00:07 AM »

What's that old saying?  Friends like this, Dj doesn't need enemies.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 02:22:01 AM »

reading to much into it. remember to many people out there these are fill in members, they are finishing the sixx am album, motley is going on tour for ozzzfest. u have the gnr eu tour in the works. i am sure there is a contract between ashba and gnr that contains a time commitment. sixx's first thing is motley, sixx am is simply for extra cash and fun.

Very true !!!!

DJ ASHBA is now onthe GUNNERS ARMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Nikki, shut up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do some glam hahahhaa
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 02:50:13 AM »

IMO it's pretty clear what DJ status with GN'R is. It was posted a long time ago before the tours on the band's official website.

Sixx is only trying to steal some of DJ's and GN's heat to promote their next effort.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 03:04:07 AM »

it was pretty cheap, Nikki. as much as I love Sixx:A.M., I think this isn't very smart move.

Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2010, 03:33:02 AM »

I don't think I actually care too much anymore. What I mean by that is this.

I really loved GN'R... real fucking big old school gunner from back in the day. Loved Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff. But then there was the new version, and against all fucking odds I fucking dug them too. I really love Buckethead, and Tommy and Fortus are cool. Brain was great, and I dig Frank. Far better drummers then Steven or Matt. Frank is just fucking cool.

I dig Ron Thal. He is cool and talented as hell. I was thinking. He is BumbleFoot and is one of Satriani's prodigies whatever. Satriani is currently touring with this dude named ChickenFoot. I assume it is not all coincidence.

Anyway, Robin was cool (I am a NIN fan so...) But then he left and this Ashba dude. I just don't think I care anymore about following who the fuck the new Axe man is or who the fuck will replace him. I will leave that to Axl. Axl doesn't make it a habit to work with subpar musicians.

I am really hoping Bucket will feature on future albums and would love him to make an appearance at a future concert. There is just something so cool about him and Axl. It was a sweet pairing. It was so great that I didn't give a fuck about Slash anymore. That says a lot. Ashba, yea not so much. I think Nicki Six, Motley Crue, Poison... these fuckers suck and I always hated them. I was a GN'R fan and damn proud of it. You want Ashba Nicki? Who the fucck cares, you can have him. Yea he is a good player. He wouldn't be working for Axl if he wasn't. There are apparently a lot of talented guitar players with only a few who have that extra something special. Like Slash and Buckethead.

I am probably in the minority with all this but if Ashba leaves, I just don't care. He is no Buckethead so why should I? There will be someone else, and they will play all the parts just fine I am sure.

I agree with you. I liked Buckethead, I liked Robin and so far I like DJ too (I haven't seen him live yet). Axl seems to pick the right guitar players for his band, so I don't worry about this. Personaly I don't think DJ will leave GnR soon beacause he reallly seems to love being a part of GnR.

About Nikki Sixx:  Roll Eyes (attention whore, nothing to worry about)

I also would love to see Buckethead on stage again with the band, even if it was only for a guest apereance. There was indeed this specaial connection/electricity between him and Axl.

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2010, 04:16:03 AM »

Guns have had so much down time in the last few years that they are like the "side project" for the members of the band.
Robin was always more into NIN and im sure DJ will be tempted as well.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 04:49:38 AM »

Dj replaced Robin.

/jarmo

doesnt this answer all the questions being asked about DJ's status in the band?  Am I the only one who saw this?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2010, 06:19:26 AM »

Dj replaced Robin.

/jarmo

doesnt this answer all the questions being asked about DJ's status in the band?  Am I the only one who saw this?

The big question is, if he had to choose...  its kind of similar to the whole VR and Duff JA thing.  Or the Robin NIN thing.
Its tough to juggle.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2010, 06:36:58 AM »

Dj replaced Robin.

Maybe Nikki wants it to look like Dj's main band still is (Nikki's band) Sixx:A.M., and not GN'R....

And before any of you write any news stories based on "the rumor", that's just my personal guess.

/jarmo

The question is: Is Ashba replacing Robin permanently? or is it just for this tour and then Robin comesback? Honestly i love both, but i do prefer Ashba, so im hoping SIXX AM will be just a side project.
I see Ashba as the new Slash in GNR. And its easy for people to identify with him since he has a lot of charisma and is very nice to the fans!

Oh My God i cant deny this...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2010, 07:05:34 AM »

Dj replaced Robin.

Maybe Nikki wants it to look like Dj's main band still is (Nikki's band) Sixx:A.M., and not GN'R....

And before any of you write any news stories based on "the rumor", that's just my personal guess.

/jarmo

The question is: Is Ashba replacing Robin permanently? or is it just for this tour and then Robin comesback? Honestly i love both, but i do prefer Ashba, so im hoping SIXX AM will be just a side project.
I see Ashba as the new Slash in GNR. And its easy for people to identify with him since he has a lot of charisma and is very nice to the fans!
I sure hope he's not the new slash Tongue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2010, 09:44:36 AM »

Dj replaced Robin.

/jarmo

It seems to be just that, a side project. I think that's how Nikki looks at it too. He said they weren't obligated to tour with the material, but could if they wanted to. It's probably more like if "schedule allows" them to do it.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2010, 10:03:38 AM »

Dj replaced Robin.

/jarmo

The big question is, if he had to choose...  its kind of similar to the whole VR and Duff JA thing.  Or the Robin NIN thing.
Its tough to juggle.
The difference is VR was/is dead in the water, so the choice was real easy for Duff to join JA.  Same could be said for Robin with NIN.  Although things picked up for GNR soon after he left.  DJ would have no reason to leave GNR right now while they're out touring and Sixx AM is not.  I'm sure the GNR tour will end eventually and he can then focus on Sixx AM.  Motley Crue is playing Ozzfest this summer so it's not like Nikki is completely focused on Sixx AM.  Many guys are in 2 bands these days and they don't necessarily have to choose one over the other.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2010, 10:21:12 AM »

Dj replaced Robin.

/jarmo

Its tough to juggle.

Why do you need to bring VR into this?  Tongue

Things aren't similar at all.

Robin joined NIN, and then when GN'R started up again, and even though the NIN tour was over, he didn't re-re-join GN'R.

I guess the Robin fans are taking Nikki's comment as some kind of validation that Robin might be back. I have no idea about that.

All I know is that Dj is in the band, he's touring with them, he's awesome and that's all that matters....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lady Ashba
Rocker

Nice boys... & girls!

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2010, 10:21:43 AM »

Nikki was just calling for attention for his side project.

I doubt neither Dj nor Nikki would leave GnR nor Motley for a side project, no matter how good they might sound together.
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2010, 11:25:41 AM »

Dj replaced Robin.

/jarmo

[/b]

There is no new Slash!!! Sad  no matter how many guys you get to play guitar, or wear a top hat or a Bucket : respectfully  smoking

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
Sergott
Opening Act

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2010, 11:28:10 AM »

I hope you guys are all right, because this is the best version of Guns N Roses in my mind.  Been to soooo many concerts, but the show I saw in January was the best concert I have seen of any band.  Maybe it is Nikki starting crap, since he's never had anything nice to say about Axl.

Oh and DJ wore top hats before he was in GNR.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2010, 11:42:27 AM »

I`m not thinking too much about this. As far as I am concerned DJ is in Guns N`Roses. This is the best line up of Guns since Appetite.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2010, 11:53:30 AM »

This is a non-story
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2010, 12:16:53 PM »

I doubt neither Dj nor Nikki would leave GnR nor Motley for a side project, no matter how good they might sound together.

You're right. Also, these guys never want to call something their "side project" because apparently that's got negative connotations and they think people are too stupid to know the difference. I wouldn't read too much into it.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2010, 12:31:48 PM »

Dj replaced Robin.

/jarmo

Its tough to juggle.

I dont see it that way at all.  Dj REPLACED Robin, as in done deal.  Robin out, DJ in.  Thats how I take it, I dont really see how you can take it any other way.  Look at DJ's website, and the amount of GNR related material on it, doesnt seem to be a "touring" musician to me. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: