Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:43:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nikki Sixx comments on DJ Ashba's status with GNR
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nikki Sixx comments on DJ Ashba's status with GNR  (Read 37782 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2010, 10:19:22 PM »

There, you have it -- thanks Dj.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Thiago Mota
Opening Act

« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2010, 10:26:58 PM »

Thanks for the update Dj !

cineater
Legend

« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2010, 10:50:42 PM »

That's DJ, don't let the net suck up all your time. 

And just for the record, Slash was not the first rock star to wear the top hat.

"I'm up on a tightwire
One side's ice and one is fire
It's a circus game with you and me

I'm up on a tight rope
One side's hate and one is hope
But the top hat on my head is all you see"

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2010, 10:51:28 PM »

I can assure everyone that I am not just "filling in" I am very excited about the upcoming concerts and my future with Guns N' Roses and I'm honored to be apart of such a legendary band. God only knows the destruction were planning to do. Hope your all well N' I hope this clears shit up . . . .

Much Love N' Respect
~DjA~

And u dont know how much we are exited for seeing u and GNR in the coming weeks !!! Hope to see u in the streets of Oslo! =)

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2010, 10:58:38 PM »

I am very happy that DJ Ashba clear the things up. I appreciate all his feeling in the concerts in SA. He is a great musician and seems to be a great person too.  love
cineater
Legend

« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2010, 12:10:38 AM »

While we're doing the check in, is Beta on for the European tour?  Don't leave us lady.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2010, 01:32:07 AM »

Alright, I have to admit that was pretty fucking cool of Ashba. You just don't see that everyday. Don't let me down.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2010, 01:51:05 AM »

U guys hating on DJ, don't make me pull out the Get on board or fuck off speech. hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2010, 08:46:46 AM »

Its a funny thing how DJ's association with Nikki and Motley Crue makes some of you believe he has no integrity.  Its

Well to clarify, the "lack of integrity" that I perceive...  let's just say that DJ is following a muse that I don't derive much enjoyment.  So if I were to re-state my original thought I would have probably said I resonate w/ the muse that Bucket and Robin follow more than DJ's muse.  If that makes any sense...

With that said, certainly a hat tip is deserved w/ regards to the effort DJ puts in when it comes to interacting with the fans.   ok 

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2010, 08:57:01 AM »

Its a funny thing how DJ's association with Nikki and Motley Crue makes some of you believe he has no integrity.  Its

Well to clarify, the "lack of integrity" that I perceive...  let's just say that DJ is following a muse that I don't derive much enjoyment.  So if I were to re-state my original thought I would have probably said I resonate w/ the muse that Bucket and Robin follow more than DJ's muse.  If that makes any sense...

Not much. He's a working musician in a business that's pretty hard to break into - he deserves some respect for that alone. As for comparing him to Finck of Buckethead, that's silly. He's not on any recorded material yet, so it's impossible to say what he might bring to the table in that context. He's definitely more consistent on the Slash stuff than Finck (who I have nothing against) in a live setting.
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2010, 10:36:33 AM »

thank you DJ ASHBA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw him live , and he fucking rocks ... !!!!!!!!!!

and im a true die hard fan believe me.

you`ve got me bro !!  cant wait to see your songwriting habillities
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2010, 12:12:54 PM »

D.J. ASHBA: I Am Not Just 'Filling In' With GUNS N' ROSES - May 5, 2010

D.J. Ashba (GUNS N' ROSES, SIXX: A.M.) has shot down reports that he is just "filling in" on guitar with GUNS N' ROSES while he is preparing to release the sophomore album from SIXX: A.M.

In an April 2010 interview with Meltdown of Detroit, Michigan's WRIF 101.1 FM radio station, Ashba's SIXX: A.M. bandmate, M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx, stated about D.J.'s involvement with GUNS N' ROSES, "He's with GUNS N ROSES. [He] went to South America [with them]... and he's kinda filling in doing that thing right now until we get the? With SIXX: A.M., it's interesting. We're songwriters and producers and we just? we make this music and we do whatever we wanted to. We don't ever really plan on touring. We did tour with Cr?e Fest. I don't know what we'll do with this one. Maybe we'll do something. But the music's Number One."

Responding the fan speculation regarding his status in GUNS N' ROSES in the wake of Sixx's remarks, Ashba wrote in an online posting, "I can assure everyone that I am not just 'filling in.' I am very excited about the upcoming concerts and my future with GUNS N' ROSES and I'm honored to be a part of such a legendary band. God only knows the destruction we're planning to do. I hope this clears shit up."

Ashba joined GUNS N' ROSES in March 2009 following the departure of Robin Finck. GN'R frontman Axl Rose stated about D.J.'s addition to the group at the time, "D.J.'s a gifted, energetic guitarist that GUNS N' ROSES is proud to have on board!! We're very excited to have the opportunity to work together. GUNS' radar has silently been aware of D.J.'s presence for quite some time. He brings a fresh approach to our particular brand of mayhem expanding the tapestry of GUNS N' ROSES live. Once D.J.'s name was in the hat, the hat disappeared!!"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=139609

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2010, 12:30:38 PM »

I find it funny how Blabbermouth is always diggin in this board to write thise "news".

alimari
Rocker

Hey you, yeah you, not you, you over there... hi!

« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2010, 01:19:21 PM »

I can assure everyone that I am not just "filling in" I am very excited about the upcoming concerts and my future with Guns N' Roses and I'm honored to be apart of such a legendary band. God only knows the destruction were planning to do. Hope your all well N' I hope this clears shit up . . . .

Much Love N' Respect
~DjA~

Behold! and fearrrrrrrrrrrr DjA is watching ya!!

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2010, 03:34:44 PM »

Blabbermouth picking this up this quick just backs up what GN'R have been saying all along, which is you have to watch what you say and only say it when it's certain.

Bumblefoot was right when he said, everything you say online is a personal statement and that's why you sometimes cannot talk about certain things.

So DJ, thanks alot for coming online now and then to chat, and to dispel rumours.  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 04:07:46 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
tange
Opening Act

« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2010, 03:42:01 PM »

If at this point we as fans don't realize that much Bullshite is spread in the name of G N'R then we never will. People love to hate these guys, thats why they are my (our) band. Just because its for different reasons than the old days don't matter, its that same identity of doing what you want and feel is right and apologizing to no man, woman, or journalist afterwards.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 03:51:11 PM by tange » Logged

"There was one song on that record that I didn't even know was on it until it came out, 'My World'," Stradlin continues. "I gave it a listen and thought, 'What the fuck is this?' "

-IZZY STRADLIN
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2010, 05:04:18 PM »

Much Love N' Respect
~DjA~

well, that certainly settles it, doesn't it?  man i love the interet

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
xxgunsxx
Headliner

« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2010, 08:36:33 AM »

like i said, people simply pulling words apart. nikki prolly ment nothing by what he said, if anything he probably ment filling in because he's not a founding member. dj is very honest about things, I remember when he parted ways with BC 9 yrs ago or so and all the rumors about that and they were squashed. sometimes I wish our media wasn't as available as it is.
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2010, 12:39:37 PM »

While we're doing the check in, is Beta on for the European tour?  Don't leave us lady.

rofl I see another thread for this coming up..

As for DJ.. love his playing. Even if this is DJ's first tour with GNR, he seems to feel at home on stage and well..pretty much with everything. Axl made a great pick with this one ! Thanks El Gordo !  peace That is not to say that I would think any less of Robin or Buckethead (or any current member of the band) . They both (all) are great players as well and I do appreciate everything they have given to this band. And as for GNR vs. Sixx.AM..forget about it ! DJ is not the first musician who has multiple projects (bands that is) in works simultaniously. That's normal. I see it more as a richness than a threat, because it makes exploring new music for us fans much easier. I had never even heard of Sixx A.M. or DJ before he joined GNR.

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2010, 07:56:49 AM »

Again......... i love internet. rofl
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: