Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:12:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nikki Sixx comments on DJ Ashba's status with GNR
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nikki Sixx comments on DJ Ashba's status with GNR  (Read 37579 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2010, 03:58:28 PM »

Some of you obviously choose to believe anybody (who's not GN'R) when it comes to GN'R related information.....

/jarmo

If that's all it takes, here goes:

I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy in Guns N' Roses. They said DJ is infact in the Band and is very happy.
I also know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a girl who slept with Tommy Lee... and she says Nikki is bitter about losing his guitar player.

I hope that clears it up for everyone who likes to hear it directly from the horses mouth  Grin
Sergott
Opening Act

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2010, 04:25:30 PM »

J

Look. Ashba might be a nice guy. I haven't heard anything to the contrary. But his connection to fucking shitty Nicki Sixx is a big red flag. Did I hear someone defend Ashba and say something like "Well, Ashba was wearing a Top hat before he was in GN'R?" Was fucking DJ (Ugh) Ashba wearing Top hats before Slash did? Its just one of those things guitarists should just stay the fuck away from. Its a look synonymous with Slash. Its been that way awhile. It will always provoke Slash's image whenever he wears is so why not just be original?

This is totally derailing the thread, but since Eddie Van Halen was smoking cigarettes on stage constantly, should I think of him when I see Slash doing the same?  Or when I think of a guitarist playing a Les Paul I think of Jimmy Page......
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2010, 04:48:40 PM »

I guess from what i gather is, people are just worried, that once the GNR tour ends, DJ will go back to Sixx AM and won't continue with GNR.

So yeah, DJ is in GNR right now.. but is it just for a touring commitment or is it permanent? I sure hope it is permanent cause he fits GNR perfectly and brings a chemistry and awesomeness to this lineup that makes it even more amazing than it was.

I don't think even Nikki Sixx knows that!

The focus right now seems to be the tour.

Obviously for some of you, the focus is somewhere else.

I don't remember, but did you guys "worry" like this in 2006 when Bumble and Frank joined?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2010, 04:56:53 PM »

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Ashba is "just a guy" in terms of what he brings to Gn'R.  ...Bucket and Robin (and to a lesser extent Thal) bring intangibles to the band that are hard to replace.  ....Axl would be foolish to re-record Bucket and Robin's parts for a new album imo. 

I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion, but could you explain what the intangibles are that Robin brought that D.J. doesn't? As far as stage presense goes, in my eyes he has more than replaced what Robin brought. From a song writing  perspective we haven't seen what DJ is bringing or will bring to GnR, but we have seen what he was able to do with prior projects. We really didn't have a huge body of work from Robin prior to GnR, for the most part he was a touring guitarist (NIN, Cirque, etc...). So are your intangibles based on 'Better'?

If the "intangibles" were based on Better then they would cease to be intangible wouldn't they?  There is a certain artistic integrity that I perceive w/ Robin and Bucket that I don't perceive w/ DJ.  Simple as that.  That's just me tho, and I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me. 

If DJ "does it" for you then, great!  He just doesn't "do it" for me. 

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
Sergott
Opening Act

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2010, 04:58:26 PM »

Last I knew the tour was currently on hiatus, and Axl and DJ were partying in Vegas with DJ injuring his ankle.  When they get back to touring I am sure we can go back to the tour and disect set lists and wonder why they aren't playing such and such song.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2010, 05:07:23 PM »

Its amazing to me what the release of Chinese Democracy has done. It solidified this new version of Guns N' Roses. Everyone involved in it gets my full respect. Ashba has done nothing... NOTHING that has proved he belongs on the stage with the artists instrumental in creating Chinese Democracy. If any of you talk shit about one of the artists involved in Chinese Democracy, just know that there is a fan out there that wants to beat the shit out of you.

Bucket was absolutely essential on this album. You can hear his abilities right there on these masterful tracks.

And to the dude trying to educate me on who replaced who... go fuck yourself. You are a Johnny come lately. Bucket could step in easily and play everything he did and everything Robin played better than even Robin could... and I dig Robin.

Axl in my opinion got real lucky with Ron. He is great. And his contributions to CD are fantastic. DJ on the other hand still as to prove he is worth his salt. And that isn't going to change unless I hear him on a follow up CD.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2010, 05:12:54 PM »

The Guns camp probably doesn't fully know what's going on with Sixx A.M., Nikki doesn't fully know what's going on with Guns, and most importanly....we know less than ANY of these guys so let's not run wild with speculation.

If any of you talk shit about one of the artists involved in Chinese Democracy, just know that there is a fan out there that wants to beat the shit out of you.

I just needed to point out his audacious quote for anyone that may have missed it.  Shocked

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2010, 05:30:11 PM »

The Guns camp probably doesn't fully know what's going on with Sixx A.M., Nikki doesn't fully know what's going on with Guns, and most importanly....we know less than ANY of these guys so let's not run wild with speculation.

If any of you talk shit about one of the artists involved in Chinese Democracy, just know that there is a fan out there that wants to beat the shit out of you.

I just needed to point out his audacious quote for anyone that may have missed it.  Shocked

HAhahaa, sounds like the person who wrote that is on drugs.

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2010, 05:55:54 PM »

Its a funny thing how DJ's association with Nikki and Motley Crue makes some of you believe he has no integrity.  Its ridiculous when I see Motley Crue fans pissing on Poison and Guns N' Roses fans pissing on Motley, and then you get Metallica fans pissing on Guns N' Roses and Nirvana fans pissing on Metallica., and so on.  I mean, who cares.  Its just music. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2010, 06:38:08 PM »

Its just music. What does that mean? Its just movies, so who cares if they hire Gabby Sidibe to play Catwoman in Batman 3.

Music means a lot to me. Guns N' Roses helped me get through some really hard times when I was a teenager. Motley Crue, poison... bands like this gives me douche chills. They always have. If someone doesn't like Axl Rose or Chinese Democracy... fuck them. Yea I am a little protective of this band. I take GN'R personally. They mean a lot to me. A lot of things mean a lot to me. GN'R is a big part of who I am. Its just music.... NO its Guns N ' Fucking Roses. Clearly you and me aren't on the same boat with this.

I guess I am with tippasaurus on this. I am not feeling Ashba. maybe I was in the minority with the new GN'R. I thought it was so fucking cool how crazy they looked and not fitting in with the typical Rock/Metal scene. Robin looked nuts, fucking Buckethead, Alternative Tommy, and motherfucking Axl Rose. No one looked like this band, and that is/was very appealing to me. Some trip the fuck out when things don't look "Normal" but, that was interesting as hell to me. s time goes on the band has become slowly more "Normal looking" and people seem thrilled about it. I admit, Axl looks fucking cool as hell these days, but it no longer looks like a psycho circus, as it did back in the early '00s. I will always miss that. I just think sometimes different is cool, when its the right kind of different which I think that was. Regardless here we are, post Chinese Democracy.

And my love of GN'R is at a really big high point. I could not love this album more. Man, it is weird how much this band keeps changing. Now that I think about it, that is cool too. In time maybe I will grow to like Ashba like many of you seem to. Maybe there will be that "moment" you know? I hope so.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 06:41:12 PM by Buddha_Master » Logged

Dj ASHBA?
Opening Act

GUNS N' ROSES

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2010, 06:51:38 PM »

I can assure everyone that I am not just "filling in" I am very excited about the upcoming concerts and my future with Guns N' Roses and I'm honored to be apart of such a legendary band. God only knows the destruction were planning to do. Hope your all well N' I hope this clears shit up . . . .

Much Love N' Respect
~DjA~

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2010, 06:53:27 PM »

Thanks Dj!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2010, 07:00:17 PM »

Thanks DJ very much for that comment, and for you being here.

I'm over the moon to hear you are looking to the future with GN'R. And I can't wait to see you live many more times, like in Toronto this year.

Keep Rocking DJ.  Wink

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2010, 07:03:29 PM »

I can assure everyone that I am not just "filling in" I am very excited about the upcoming concerts and my future with Guns N' Roses and I'm honored to be apart of such a legendary band. God only knows the destruction were planning to do. Hope your all well N' I hope this clears shit up . . . .

Much Love N' Respect
~DjA~

Oh I so can't wait to see the destruction!!!! Get some rest before this next leg!!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2010, 07:16:49 PM »

I realize a lot of GNR fans have trouble getting over certain things.  Whether it's how they feel nobody can replace Slash, Bucket, Robin, etc.  And since DJ is the "new kid on the block", he gets his fair share of flak.  I get that.  But I think he's done just about anything and everything he could so far to show his dedication and devotion to the band and the fans.  No offense to Robin, but DJ has had more fan interaction in the last hour than Robin had in 10 years from all I can tell.  I realize that's not everything.  But I think people are way too critical of DJ and fail to see all the kick ass things he brings to the table.

And thanks to DJ for clearing up this "comment".  Again, just like with the Paul Stanley comment.  Let's not believe everything we read about GNR from outside sources, or through the media.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2010, 07:36:09 PM »

Much Love N' Respect
~DjA~
Thanx you so much DJ for those kind words!!!!!!!!!!

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2010, 07:37:29 PM »

Great to know that the band's probably planning something huge! Thank you, Dj beer

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2010, 07:54:24 PM »

So this means they are re-re-recording Appetite for Destruction, right? hihi

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2010, 08:16:30 PM »

everyone knows what a die hard Slash Mark I am.. DJ though, fills those shoes very well.

If u question any of DJ's credentials, just listen to the Sixx AM album... his guitar playing and songwriting abilities are proven and awesome which is why i have been so excited ever since he joined. no disrespect to the guys before him, but DJ is just the perfect fit for this band.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2010, 09:41:03 PM »

haha wow EPIC shit from Mr. Ashba right there  peace
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: