Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:07:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Bergen Concert 05/31/10 - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Bergen Concert 05/31/10 - Discussion  (Read 54822 times)
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #200 on: June 01, 2010, 02:27:17 PM »

I suppose given it was the first show in a while (maybe axl/the band were a little rusty? - dare i say..) and axl was very late, the reviews are not too bad!
Maybe Axl wasn't on fire because he doesnt rehearse with the band? That's why he's usually out of breathe/tune and can't sing most of the new songs properly on the beggining of the tour, I think.

I don't know if Ron was angry, but he should. Everyone should. Waiting 2, 3, or even 4 hours for one man is a *REAL* pain.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #201 on: June 01, 2010, 02:30:40 PM »

some nice pics of Axl at LAX airport on faded youth web site ok he looks as if DJ gifted him a hat( sorry don`t know how to post them)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #202 on: June 01, 2010, 02:36:07 PM »

some nice pics of Axl at LAX airport on faded youth web site ok he looks as if DJ gifted him a hat( sorry don`t know how to post them)
nice, i posted a pic and a link to more in the photo thread  Smiley
juadlu
Headliner

Unashamed Axl lover :-)

« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2010, 02:36:24 PM »

You mean these..........

beer

but wrong thread! confused

richwoman
VIP

« Reply #204 on: June 01, 2010, 02:39:42 PM »

Thankyou  Smiley
juadlu
Headliner

Unashamed Axl lover :-)

« Reply #205 on: June 01, 2010, 02:42:44 PM »

Thankyou  Smiley

great aren't they? ! The hat suits him hihi

bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #206 on: June 01, 2010, 02:45:29 PM »

Guys seriously go take all this off topic stuff somewhere else please! The majority of people here don't care about it and only want to talk about the show.

As usual the band looks to be on fire in those vids, they seem to be getting better and better all the time.

totally agree, leave the politics out of the thread, getting too much!

vids are great, thanks to the uploaders!

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #207 on: June 01, 2010, 02:55:58 PM »

Please take the off topic discussion to the Jungle since it has very little to do with GN'R.

Regarding Axl not being "on fire".

He's human after all. Not a robot. This was the first show since Puerto Rico.

As far as I remember, none of the first shows I've seen on any GN'R tour has been my favorite one on that leg....

I still bet the show in Bergen was better than most other shows....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: June 01, 2010, 03:58:44 PM »

From where we were standing the vocal was really really low for most of the show.

You were in the front?

/jarmo

No, I was to the right of the "mixingdesk" (or whatever you call it...). So pretty much in the middle of the arena...

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: June 01, 2010, 04:20:51 PM »

How much people attended this show?

At the venue some people in the know talked about 7000+. But there was a line at the ticket-stand outside. So there was prolly a good portion of tickets sold there. Not sure of the excact capacity of the venue.

I've never been to this venue before. I was surprised at the size of it... Fairly large imo!

Stavanger-rock-city!!
jordinho
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: June 01, 2010, 04:56:35 PM »

Seems I made todays edition of the local paper, where they were asking people what they thought of new guns vs old guns. Glad to see i'm not the only one who'd rather see the current line up.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #211 on: June 01, 2010, 05:00:28 PM »

Guys seriously go take all this off topic stuff somewhere else please! The majority of people here don't care about it and only want to talk about the show.

As usual the band looks to be on fire in those vids, they seem to be getting better and better all the time.

No problem, guys.

Nice to have the band back in the saddle.

Give them a show or two get back their touring legs. No worries.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #212 on: June 01, 2010, 06:13:45 PM »

Ok, so I travelled from London yesterday to see Guns in Bergen. This is the 7th time I?ve seen them. I'm a huge fan of all line ups and think this particular line up has the potential to be fantastic. However, last night was a mess. The wait is normal, that was not my problem but the actual show was poor. There was no connection with Axl to the audience, who on occasion did not even get to the stage on time to sing. Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal was furious with Axl throughout for being late, which was obvious from the audience. He could not look at Axl. Ron apologised to fans at his Radisson hotel after the show. I think Axl's behaviour was a little disrespectful to the people who paid so much cash to be there. There was times in the show where I felt sad, I was looking up at my life long hero and realising he's possibly lost it. Physically he looks like a sad man. It's a saddening sight seeing Axl looking like the old circus ring leader having to haul himself on stage to join the younger sexier troupe.

Disheartened . And it's not just me read
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bt.no%2Fbergenpuls%2FPyropakke-uten-sjel-1094508.html&sl=auto&tl=en

Eh, no offense, but that is quite a reach you are making saying that Ron was clearly furious at Axl because he wasn't looking at Axl.  That is, unless, you have the ability to read a single mind in a crowded concert.  Maybe he was too busy focusing on his own performance? 

Ali
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #213 on: June 01, 2010, 06:32:12 PM »

Ok, so I travelled from London yesterday to see Guns in Bergen. This is the 7th time I?ve seen them. I'm a huge fan of all line ups and think this particular line up has the potential to be fantastic. However, last night was a mess. The wait is normal, that was not my problem but the actual show was poor. There was no connection with Axl to the audience, who on occasion did not even get to the stage on time to sing. Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal was furious with Axl throughout for being late, which was obvious from the audience. He could not look at Axl. Ron apologised to fans at his Radisson hotel after the show. I think Axl's behaviour was a little disrespectful to the people who paid so much cash to be there. There was times in the show where I felt sad, I was looking up at my life long hero and realising he's possibly lost it. Physically he looks like a sad man. It's a saddening sight seeing Axl looking like the old circus ring leader having to haul himself on stage to join the younger sexier troupe.

Disheartened . And it's not just me read
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bt.no%2Fbergenpuls%2FPyropakke-uten-sjel-1094508.html&sl=auto&tl=en

Eh, no offense, but that is quite a reach you are making saying that Ron was clearly furious at Axl because he wasn't looking at Axl.  That is, unless, you have the ability to read a single mind in a crowded concert.  Maybe he was too busy focusing on his own performance? 

Ali

Erm, were you there Ali? I was you see. I saw with my eyes the interaction between the people on stage. I would call this 'viewing a performance', watching intently the people you've just paid to see. When Ron entered the stage in the intro he motioned with his hands to hurry up and gestured to his clock. Throughout the performance there were many gestures and patterns of behaviour that also suggested that Ron was royally pissed off! For example when Axl delayed the piano intro to the end section of 'November Rain' to have a long sip of water. The other reason that I can confirm this 'reach' is that I spoke to Ron at his hotel and he was furious. Hope that clears it up Ali.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #214 on: June 01, 2010, 06:38:48 PM »

Well, then it isn't about what you SAW, but what you heard from Ron.  Which only proves my point that you didn't come to the conclusion you did from what you saw on stage.

What did Ron tell you, by the way?  What did he say about Axl and the late start?

Ali
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: June 01, 2010, 06:42:06 PM »

I would not believe what someone said someone said, sorry if true
Ali
Legend

« Reply #216 on: June 01, 2010, 06:59:41 PM »

I would not believe what someone said someone said, sorry if true

If someone will not provide further details, it becomes hard to believe a vague statement like that.  For me, at least.

Ali
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #217 on: June 01, 2010, 07:00:07 PM »

I find it hard to believe that Bumble would tell people outside his hotel that he was "furious" with Axl about him being late. I'm sorry but there is no way in hell that would happen.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #218 on: June 01, 2010, 07:08:20 PM »

I find it hard to believe that Bumble would tell people outside his hotel that he was "furious" with Axl about him being late. I'm sorry but there is no way in hell that would happen.

Unless Ron was really, really pissed and just could not filter his thoughts at all, I agree with you.  It's not that I don't think he would be frustrated, but I just don't believe he would divulge band business to a random fan outside a hotel.  Especially considering this is hardly the first time Axl has started a concert late.

Ali
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #219 on: June 02, 2010, 01:26:50 AM »

In the LAX pics, Rose looks like a mix between Mike Tyson and Manny Ramirez.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: