Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 07:46:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES announce Dutch show - 03-10-2010 (livenation.nl)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES announce Dutch show - 03-10-2010 (livenation.nl)  (Read 18561 times)
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2010, 10:53:59 AM »

A few of my pics!:  Cheesy

The show was really awesome! They were on fire!!  beer

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Danielle Machado
Headliner

« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2010, 02:16:15 PM »

Great pics Dont Try Me... tks for sharing!!!  Grin
Glad you had a great time!!!  yes
Marion68
VIP

« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2010, 03:34:02 PM »

amazing pictures,thanks

[/quote]
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2010, 03:40:58 PM »

Great pics!  beer

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
lassie4ever
Headliner

« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2010, 04:20:28 PM »

Here is the little tour report i made for the dutch Ezine Metalkrant and mine own Blog www.Livereviewer.com on the link there are also pictures  beer

here is the google translate:p to much work to proper translate Smiley

3 Shows in 4 days in three different countries. Crazy Work? Yes, but an invitation from the band certainly do not turn off.

Day 1 Antwerp
In Antwerp, the first of three shows. Luckily I came back there that the tickets actually were. Quickly run inside and get a seat at the gate.
My first reaction stage is contemplation of the spine. What a stage, I'm quite many concerts, but this is surely the most beautiful design I've seen so far.

Span cloth what to do with fan club: www.dutchdemocracy.nl made is dropped neatly over the fence and now it's wait and hope for a good show expiring. Because as we know Axl is known to be late.

Before Guns n 'Roses had to start it first time for Imperial State Electric.

Imperial State Electric

The band starts nice and the mood is in the first regions immediately good at it. Unfortunately, it weakened again quickly. All three performances I've seen them, I soon hear the same comments to me: It's monotonous. Fortunately, this one day and we still have enough energy to also act for a party.

Guns' n Roses

After the show, it starts already after 10 minutes a flute concert. I can be very angry. No band is after just 10 minutes after the support act on stage.
I must also mention that I'm surprised that neatly at 21.30, the time the band had to start with action, the lights go out.

What a show. They start the show here with Chinese Democracy. Every effort is made to make sure to make a spectacular opening. DJ Ashba, the latest addition to Guns n 'Roses, represents the increased drums. At the time the show will be taxed on the guitar followed an explosion with a magnificent fireworks. And how does supreme moment Axl? Well it sounds at least not false as some colleagues from the Belgian press have written. The flamboyant frontman I live never even heard correctly. Axl Rose is here with a nearly 50 ,spits out a great volume, well just great sound. what a voice .

His condition is superb, he flies like a mad crazy on the stage. Snake Dance, even jumping and headbanging to the song Better. And people who call lord is out of breath. Come and take a sprint and then sing.

Obviously, the whole wardrobe again plundered this evening. Every few songs Mr. Rose pulls a new outfit. Not surprising when you consider how they're sweating!

Also a criticism you often hear is that a one-man show. Every guitar player gets his own solo tonight. In 2006 it was a bit of a drag on the concert, there is fortunate this time different. Every solo is a delight to see and hear.

Richard Fortus is a Bond Theme, Ron Bumblefoot Thal comes with an excellent version of the Pink Panther containing a piece of Enstranged processed.
DJ Ashba, this evening with the Ballad of Death and then proceed in the well known Sweet Child O 'Mine.

Dizzy Reed also come forward with a piano solo and then Axl to accompany on piano for the song Street of Dreams, with fans known as The Blues. Axl Rose still has what a load musicians gathered around.

It's really not a bunch of mercenaries, you notice the interaction between onstage. Several times a pat on the head together or just a teasing tongue sticking out.

Brilliant that you are not the same person all night in front of you have. Everyone on stage except the pianist and keyboard player on stage to kilometers. It happened so much that you sometimes forget where to look.
Besides the music, we also get fireworks, pyrotechnics and visual effects.

Naturally, Axl Rose is also on piano by with November Rain. The show is well put together. It is strongly alternated in the hard rockers to beautiful ballads of Appetite era to the last released album Chinese Democracy. Especially Sorry, Better, IRS and This I love great pop from the speakers.

A few highlights of this show, I mean the band members read the banner and then us but continue to pay attention.

This I Love, my personal favorite record this evening, well played so loudly that I almost with tears in my eyes stand watch.

During Night Train Dj Ashba doing a little one revolution around the Arena.
There are still points of criticism. To me this evening is the perfect show.
It is 2 hours and 45 minutes later as the last notes of Paradise City sound.
After yet to refuel and then went back home to catch some sleep.

Setlist:

Intro
1. Chinese
2. Jungle
3. Easy
4. Brownstone
5. Sorry
6. Better
7. Richard fortus Solo (James Bond) Live and let die
8. Jam / This I Love
9. Rocket Queen
10. Dizzy's band on piano intro / Street of Dreams AKA the Blues
11. You Could Be Mine
12. DJ Solo / Sweet Child O Mine
13. Jam Another brick in the wall etc / November Rain
14. Bumblefoot Solo - Pink Panther
15. Do not Cry with Axl
16. I.R.S
17. Knocking on Heaven's Door
18. Night Rain

Encore

19. Jam / madagascar
20. Whole lotta rosie
21. Paradise City

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:31:31 PM by lassie4ever » Logged
lassie4ever
Headliner

« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2010, 04:21:05 PM »

second part Tongue

Day 2 Lille France
After a day of rest, I will organize some direction Lille France.
The concert is now clearly in a slightly smaller stadium held. It's a bit exciting with the cards behind the counter because the French refuse to speak English naturally. Luckily I have one more that is possible, which governs me a contact with people from Guns N 'Roses myself and I can be happy with all the tickets inside. I did not think of in the rain waiting for my lift back, while the band plays.

Upon entering I see my friends are and soon it will be quite long wait everyone. The support I have looked out of the pit and was now half time though a lot less entertaining. The French public responds well to them. But now I see them the second time it's all mostly monotonous music. Slightly more variation in their sound would have liked.

Then it's time for Guns N 'Roses, they were still right on time in Antwerp, Lille is unfortunately different. Very soon the French are very hard to whistle and call to Slash. 1 Crazy ventured even the gates of the first ring to show his displeasure. Fortunately, the security man back over the fence to get those before going to his mouth and we sit with a dead.

Anyway it is still Rock n Roll. At 22:30 it's finally, by turning off the lights, turn the boos into cheers hard. Unfortunately for Axl in the pit not hardly intelligible. I verkas bit to the side and there that are well understood. The stage has no runners and this time the band even closer to your nose than to play in Antwerp. And what a joy to say. The guitar solos are back in action on the audience fired. Take it back into the mix of slow ballads to catch your breath, and you speak again a superb performance from a band that is far from dead.

As the band off like beasts tonight. Fortus and DJ Ashba are repeatedly increases the boxes to play. There is much interaction with the audience and the audience is blown away by a wall of sound. My ears squeak now 3 days later and this is due to the volume of Lille. Of course the fun does not express this to me. My neck gets no rest this evening. I only got to occasionally shoot some pictures.

The public is not tame in Lille tonight. Occasionally there is an ebb and created that turns even Axl has a smile on his face.

The setlist does not vary much from Antwerp, yet the experience of the show quite different. Dj Ashba see me standing, pointing at me and continues each evening greetings. At one point I show him my camera. Mr poses for me to run away, and it follows hard on his face. What a smack he died there. He falls on top of people behind the stage and remains just play like mad. They hoist him back onto the stage and a big smile on his face makes me and many here give a sense of relief.

Axl Rose is back in his element. Do not cry again become great performers and the singer is now a little more contact with the public.

Also, Ron Bumblefoot Thal, this evening so zealously that he approached the last song of Paradise City knocked on the floor playing. Not bad when you consider how long the shows are the band gives.

For five hours I finally lie in one bed. 10.30 I am out there again because it's time for Arnhem.

setlist:

Intro

1. Chinese Democracy
   2. Welcome to the Jungle
   3. It's So Easy
   4. Mr. Brownstone
   5. Sorry
   6. Richard Fortus Solo
   7. Live and Let Die
   8. Jam
   9. This I Love
  10. Rocket Queen
  11. Better
  12. Dizzy Reed Solo
  13. Street of Dreams
  14. You Could Be Mine
  15. DJ Ashba Solo
  16. Sweet Child O'Mine
  17. Jam (Another Brick)
  18. Axl Piano Solo
  19. November Rain
  20. Bumblefoot Solo
  21. IRS
  22. Knockin 'On Heaven's Door
  23. Night Rain
  24. Bumblefoot Solo Improv
  25. Do not Cry
  26. Madagascar
  27. Whole Lotta Rosie
  28. Paradise City

Day 3 Arnhem
Brack, brakker brakst. After two shows of 2 hours and 30 minutes on average, I do not feel so good anymore. Happy when I pick up the cards at the counter that I've got seats this time. Advantage of seats is that you now see in the whole stage show. As in Lille takes a while to the men on stage. I do completely agree that it really should not, but then we get here in the Netherlands at value for money.

Again, a mega show put down. I was afraid that the best seats, the sound is not life. " Fortunately it's all good to prune back. Soon after the band starts are no seats for me. What it looks all good. Nice visuals rigged up guides including fireworks, pyrotechnics and of course the familiar sound of the band. Here and there a flaw in the voting tonight. But overall lets see here Axl Rose still a front man of great size to be. Effortlessly, he throws some screams out, which I often do give goosebumps again. The Gelredome is here almost all the classics of the band treated and one can discover much new work of the men.

Of course, the people at classics such as Sweet Child O 'Mine out of their minds a little harder than the newer work. Yet the cheering after I Love This overwhelming. Tonight is the first change in the setlist.
Shackler's Revenge is played that well once and let one of my favorites from the new album. The band flies back across the stage like a madman. It seems sometimes as though DJ Ashba barely touches the ground. Great.

At the first show of Paradise City is a big two hours after the realization that, unfortunately, this tour is already over for me.

Setlist:

1. Chinese Democracy
   2. Welcome To The Jungle
   3. It's So Easy
   4. Mr. Brownstone
   5. Sorry
   6. Shackler's Revenge
   7. Richard Fortus Guitar Solo James Bond Theme
   8. Live and let Die
   9. This I Love
  10. Rocket Queen
  11. Dizzy Reed Piano Solo Ziggy Stardust
  12. Street Of Dreams
  13. You Could Be Mine
  14. DJ Ashba Solo Guitar Ballad Of Death
  15. Sweet Child O 'Mine
  16. Instrumental Jam Another Brick In The Wall Part 2
  17. Axl Rose Piano Solo Goodbye Yellow Brick Road / Someone Saved My Life Tonight
  18. November Rain
  19. Bumblefoot Guitar Solo Pink Panther Theme
  20. Better
  21. Knockin 'On Heaven's Door
  22. Night Rain
  23. Encore:
  24. Madagascar
  25. P Do not Cry
  26. Whole Lotta Rosie
  27. Instrumental Jam
  28. Paradise City

I have these four days, three top concerts seen. I am hospitably received by the band and would like Chris Pitman (keyboard) thanks for everything he has done for me
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: