Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:39:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  This I Love - discussion/comments
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This I Love - discussion/comments  (Read 171560 times)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #800 on: November 06, 2010, 10:25:58 AM »

So who's coming with me to the US, to present Mr Finck with the award for the Best Ever Solo In GN'R.  Grin

HA HA HA HA HA. That is quite funny, you joker you.

But what's wierd is that we never got to see Robin do the TIL solo.

There are still some things to be thankful for...

Buckethead's TWAT solo is the top of the food chain, respectfully.

Agreed.

Well if you look back a few pages, there are a number of people who have said it's their favourite GN'R solo besides me. Why would it surprise you that some fans might say this in the ' This I Love ' thread, who are Robin fans.  Shocked

I love Buckethead as well, and TWAT is probably one of my favourite songs for showcasing multiple solos. There's no need to try to come into the thread just to put a negative spin on anothers opinion.  ok

Might be considered trolling...
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #801 on: November 07, 2010, 09:15:51 AM »

I love love love Buckethead (I think I own at least a twenty of his albums, but to be honest, I've lost count), but I gotta tell you, Robin's solo on TIL is the best guitar solo on Chinese Democracy, hands down.  His solo on "Better" is pretty damn sweet too.

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #802 on: November 07, 2010, 10:43:33 AM »

Sure it is. And I totally understand One.In.A.Million feelings about it, even though the trolling ones have a hard time to accept. It is a really epic solo that shows both Robin unique style and feeling like no other. IMO, it's what makes the song so good - combining two huge performances with lots of soul.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #803 on: November 07, 2010, 06:50:13 PM »

Solos Of Robin... AMAZING... In The Case Of TIL

OMG !!!

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #804 on: November 07, 2010, 08:07:20 PM »

OMG !!!

I love you HBK.  Grin

See it's not just me who has this opinion, it's a solo full of feeling and emotion.  love
calexs
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #805 on: November 08, 2010, 04:58:08 PM »

Been listening to CD in the car, to and from work a lot lately. It's maturing very well like all the best albums do.

This I Love sends shivers down my spine and makes me cry every time I hear it.

All the more since a relationship just ended for me with someone I still love dearly. I kind of get the desperately holding out hope thing in the lyrics. Solo is a killer also! So am I right in assuming it's about Stephanie Seymour?

I joined the forum a few years back and waited patiently for CD with everyone else but never really posted anything much. Thinking about the past and my teens, growing up with a GnR soundtrack, makes me a little sad knowing that those days are gone now. My love for GnR is just about the only thing that has remained constant throughout the 30 years I've lived. That's pretty special, I think.

And as much as I love AFD and UYI, This I Love may be my favourite GnR song. That's pretty special too.
Duke Nukem
Opening Act

Here today ...

« Reply #806 on: November 08, 2010, 05:18:01 PM »

Been listening to CD in the car, to and from work a lot lately. It's maturing very well like all the best albums do.

This I Love sends shivers down my spine and makes me cry every time I hear it.

All the more since a relationship just ended for me with someone I still love dearly. I kind of get the desperately holding out hope thing in the lyrics. Solo is a killer also! So am I right in assuming it's about Stephanie Seymour?

I joined the forum a few years back and waited patiently for CD with everyone else but never really posted anything much. Thinking about the past and my teens, growing up with a GnR soundtrack, makes me a little sad knowing that those days are gone now. My love for GnR is just about the only thing that has remained constant throughout the 30 years I've lived. That's pretty special, I think.

And as much as I love AFD and UYI, This I Love may be my favourite GnR song. That's pretty special too.

Nice post. Thanks for sharing. This I Love is an extremely emotional song and quite possibly my favorite GNR ballad.

Robin's solo is superb, and he was the right fit for the time. Fortunately, having seen DJ Ashba's take on it multiple times, I think most fans realize that DJ is more than capable of playing that solo with just as much feeling, if not more. Axl really does have a knack for scouting amazing talent.
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #807 on: November 10, 2010, 10:46:55 AM »

I really like how Dj improved the solo gig after gig, I guess it took him a while to get it right (remember the Asian dates) or we needed to get used to his approach to this solo.

Best TIL moment for me was at the Arnhem gig, a guy's next to me that never heard the song before punched me to show the goosebumps on his arms during the first verse falsetto, that was a very moving & proud GN'R fan moment...

Cheers

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #808 on: November 10, 2010, 10:53:49 AM »

OMG !!!

I love you HBK.  Grin

See it's not just me who has this opinion, it's a solo full of feeling and emotion.  love

Robin Is Special, Is Very Important In My Life x Work, Respect & Support In GN`R & Fans.

love Robin  love

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #809 on: November 10, 2010, 10:58:29 AM »

Robin's solo is superb, and he was the right fit for the time. Fortunately, having seen DJ Ashba's take on it multiple times, I think most fans realize that DJ is more than capable of playing that solo with just as much feeling, if not more. Axl really does have a knack for scouting amazing talent.
Yes, that's what I think when I hear DJ playing the solo. It's amazing, different to Robin's original solo, yes, but all the main notes are there and then there's his own thing... just like Bumblefoot's November Rain solo. I didn't like DJ's This I Love solo at first, but then he improved it a lot and it sounds powerful live.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #810 on: January 06, 2011, 12:42:09 AM »

Such a good song! One of my favorates of GNR.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #811 on: January 06, 2011, 01:01:53 PM »

A friend of mine text me the other day that "This I Love" was on AOL Radio, on the Power Ballad station, if that's such a station.  Kind of cool.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: