Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:32:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  August 13th, 2010 Sturgis, SD (Rock 'N Rev Festival) - UPDATES ONLY
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: August 13th, 2010 Sturgis, SD (Rock 'N Rev Festival) - UPDATES ONLY  (Read 47723 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2010, 07:31:54 AM »

That was just SO fucking cool seeing him in that jacket. You rock Axl!! headbanger

He is just amazing, and he sound so fucking baddass now too. It's really rough in a very heavy way.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 07:38:24 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2010, 09:16:42 AM »

So in general is an Ozzy concert in the US more popular than GN'R? It's certainly not like that in the UK. GN'R are playing two huge festival sites (Reading & Leeds) and are still filling 3 of the main arena's later in the year.

Also I always hear people saying Rock is not popular in the US...But Avenged Sevenfold are number 1. Surely ACDC and Aerosmith must play big arenas? Why has the country turned it's back on Axl?

I dont think ozzy is more poular since he really only does a handfull of ozzfest shows here in the states. Bands like disturbed and avenged are popular and sell alot of cds. The majority of young people follow whats "cool" or trendy and right now it's not rock. most bands play arena here but the majority dont sell out just like back in 06 with gnr.
eze
Headliner

Tough times never last... tough people do!

« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2010, 12:47:37 PM »

Just an FYI Bob Dylan and Kid Rock was the largest concert in Sturgis history! Way to go Buffalo Chip! There may have only been 5000-7000 fans in that place by the time he took the stage. Beer cans flying and people getting up and leaving speaks for itself. All someone had to do was say "hey we are having tech problems" but no! It's obvious Axl doesn't care about the fans and that he lost a lot of fans that night. He is a self centered prick and just a shell of his former self. I felt sorry for Ron as he was dodging full beer cans the whole night.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2010, 01:12:30 PM »

Some good photos from the Sturgis show here:

http://en.terra.com/music/pictures/guns_n_roses_live_axl_rose_rocks_his_gut_off/49581

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2010, 01:23:25 PM »

Just an FYI Bob Dylan and Kid Rock was the largest concert in Sturgis history! Way to go Buffalo Chip! There may have only been 5000-7000 fans in that place by the time he took the stage. Beer cans flying and people getting up and leaving speaks for itself. All someone had to do was say "hey we are having tech problems" but no! It's obvious Axl doesn't care about the fans and that he lost a lot of fans that night. He is a self centered prick and just a shell of his former self. I felt sorry for Ron as he was dodging full beer cans the whole night.

It's an unfortunate truth that mindless morons chucking stuff are par for the course at festivals, it's a fact you have to deal with if you attend them.  Axl (or any artist) shouldn't be held responsible for the irresponsibility of individuals at the show; it's up to you to take responsibility for your own actions.

Also, why the hell would you expect Axl to make any kind of announcement regarding the delay, that's the job of the festival organisers and their reasons for not doing so were given in their statement:

Festival spokesman Randy Alexander apologized Sunday for not informing the crowd about the technical problems.

?It took longer than expected,? he said.

Catullo said they believed the problem would be resolved at any moment, and as a result, it never occurred to them to inform the crowd, especially since no specific time was set for Guns ?N Roses to take the stage.

?It?s not like the place had a curfew that it closed at a certain time,? Catullo said.

I appreciate that you're disappointed with how your evening turned out but I think you're misguided if you believe that Axl doesn't care about giving GN'R fans the best possible show he can.  My experiences have always proved to the contrary and, yes you may have had to wait longer than you wished, but for the band to go onstage before the technical problems had been solved would have be detrimental to those fans who genuinely wanted to see and hear the band at their best.  In my view, the best is always worth waiting for...   ok

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
eze
Headliner

« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2010, 01:38:23 PM »

well something should have been said regardless! Especially with all the drunk locals in attendence. There were very few bikers there with the exception of myself and no 1%'s to be seen.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2010, 01:43:28 PM »

Maybe you need to get in touch with the organizers....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2010, 02:22:51 PM »

Was that Axl in the helicopter?  It flew over a couple of times and really leaned in one time.  I was thinking if Axl's in there he needs to hold on  hihi 

I was surrounded by bikers and none of them left.  We were packed in on DJ's side of the stage most of the time and the other side looked worse.  I have to say, it got pretty windy and cold.  There was what looked like local kids completely wasted being a pain in the ass but they got into the concert and didn't puke so no big deal, glad I wasn't them the next day.  hihi

Ron hanging out in the wing was great.  When we spotted him, we started yelling his name.  I can tell you it shutdown the bitching going on around us.  And really it was just grumbling from the drunks, nobody left and most of the crowd didn't join in.

Do not give the organizers shit, they did a great job.  Australians, you'll be in good hands with Monkey Rock.

I have to agree with the guy saying driving in the black hills late at night is spooky!  The speed limit out there is 75, woohoo!  Such a great place for a concert.  Next time I bring in coffee.  They didn't check for shit at the gate, even teased us a bit, great staff at that concert.  And leaving, no problem.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2010, 02:38:23 PM »

It's sad that even with the official announcement about the concert organizers being at fault, a lot of people will still choose to blame Axl for the delay. Because idiots like that think it makes them cool to blame Axl for everything. Here's a tip for ya -- if you think Axl is such an asshole, or if you have to get up early for work the next day -- don't go to the fucking concert, douchebag! I don't want to hear you booing next to me the minute it's past your bedtime.

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
eze
Headliner

« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2010, 02:56:46 PM »

"It's sad that even with the official announcement about the concert organizers being at fault, a lot of people will still choose to blame Axl for the delay. Because idiots like that think it makes them cool to blame Axl for everything. Here's a tip for ya -- if you think Axl is such an asshole, or if you have to get up early for work the next day -- don't go to the fucking concert, douchebag! I don't want to hear you booing next to me the minute it's past your bedtime. "

Just for the record "Douchebag" I wasn't the one of the many chanting bullshit, booing, and throwing beer cans on stage! With no communication with the crowd of course everyone is going to blame Axl. I bought my ticket the day this show was announced after already having disturbed tickets. I left due to security concerns and being fed up with all the crap. I carry a gun whereever I go, but for those of you who not familiar with the local scene up there it just wasn't a safe environment for eveyone in attendence. Anyways, this was a great 70th for Sturgis and I suggest to anyone who rides to experience the Chip.
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2010, 03:19:26 PM »

Chill out, dude. I wasn't replying to any specific post. I wasn't calling YOU a douchebag, i was referring to the idiots who boo and throw shit if the show doesn't start exactly when they want it to. And yeah, i understand that without an announcement at the time of the delay, of course people are gonna blame Axl -- i mean, the guy isn't known for being on time. I'm talking about the douchebags who are going to blame him even now, after they are aware that it wasn't his fault this time. There are plenty of them.

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
eze
Headliner

« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2010, 03:24:06 PM »

cool no problem
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2010, 03:31:01 PM »

Glad you had a good time at Sturgis, but sorry your concert experience sucked for you. I always had a great time when I've gone to see GnR -- long delays and no-show in Philly included. I can't fucking wait to see them again!

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2010, 04:00:22 PM »

People would've blamed Axl regardless.  Even if they made an announcement about the reasons for the delay, a good number of people would've thoght, "Yeah right.  Axl just isn't ready to go on yet.  What an ass!"

People have their minds made up about Axl and they'll place the blame on him no matter what.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2010, 04:13:23 PM »

Are people that naive to think that assholes only throw shit when bands are not on at 9PM/10PM/11PM sharp?

Remember Download 2006 when the band went on BEFORE their scheduled set time and still got shit thrown at them....

It's often about trying to get attention and impress whoever these assholes are trying to impress.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2010, 04:33:19 PM »

This was pro-shot or?

It was a really good fucking gig. Axl's voice are giving me goosebumbs again.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2010, 04:39:12 PM »

Too say there were no bikers there is a joke. Are you really trying to say that? Whatever man. There were way more bikers there then locals and fans. What do you think a biker is anyway? Not every biker wears a vest showing there colors! {for you that don't know what colors are, their club name on back of their jackets} And yes a lot of people did leave but I am not so sure it was cause they didn't like the show. It was cause many of them were leaving at the crack of dawn that morning. When you travel with a group you do not want to get left behind. I think gnr would do good to come back to this next year just don't put GNR on the last night. Put them on the first night when they are ready to stay up all night. lol

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2010, 04:39:21 PM »

This was pro-shot or?

It was a really good fucking gig. Axl's voice are giving me goosebumbs again.

Yeah, the Rock n' Rev crew had a massive video production team, but of course it's still up to Axl to approve release....

Axl is God.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2010, 04:44:01 PM »

Too say there were no bikers there is a joke. Are you really trying to say that? Whatever man. There were way more bikers there then locals and fans. What do you think a biker is anyway? Not every biker wears a vest showing there colors! {for you that don't know what colors are, their club name on back of their jackets} And yes a lot of people did leave but I am not so sure it was cause they didn't like the show. It was cause many of them were leaving at the crack of dawn that morning. When you travel with a group you do not want to get left behind. I think gnr would do good to come back to this next year just don't put GNR on the last night. Put them on the first night when they are ready to stay up all night. lol

No shit, I agree...the vast majority of people in Sturgis over the corse of the week were there with their bikes. Just because 99% of bikers are not in a club, doesn't mean they aren't bikers. I think people need to stop stereotyping a bit.....in fact, many places in Sturgis will refuse admission to anyone in colors...It made me laugh before the show when people would discuss what kinda setlest they would play since they were playing to "bikers".......so tell me, what is a biker anyways?Huh As far as I'm concerned a biker is someone tho loves to ride.....

Axl is God.
eze
Headliner

« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2010, 05:10:12 PM »

This was not the same crowd that was at the chip. This was the weekend play dress up biker crowd.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: