Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:39:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  August 13th, 2010 Sturgis, SD (Rock 'N Rev Festival) - UPDATES ONLY
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: August 13th, 2010 Sturgis, SD (Rock 'N Rev Festival) - UPDATES ONLY  (Read 47372 times)
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2010, 08:30:24 PM »

nice pics Santiago!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WSzKzey9Iw     ( here is the start of the show) beer

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2010, 11:19:37 PM »

Cineater and I just got home from the show. We drove all day! Got too Sturgis around 4 Friday and checked out the sites. I haven't been there in almost 20 years and Cin had never been there We had a blast. Headed out to Monkey Rock about 5. Freaking awesome set up. I don't know how many tickets anded up being sold but security told us as off 6pm it was over 45,000 and still selling!! Show was great. Axl and the boys belted out the songs very quickly. I am not sure if it was sound troubles or just a spent mic but vocals did kick out a few times. lol We didn't mind, its not like we don't know the words. Took some of the crowd that didn't know what they were in for to warm up but in the end they did. Saw what seemed like quiet a few hardcore gnr fans about!!
I still can't believe we got to see gnr at Sturgis.
AXL Just one note. thank you so very much for playing This I Love. I wasn't sure if you would play it for this crowd and I so wanted to get too hear it. Crowd reallly seemed to like it too. Thanks to all of GNR and the production crew for pulling this one off.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2010, 11:24:44 PM »

Show started at about 1 am and finnished at almost 3:30. And yes it was fucking cold. We dressed for a normal Sturgis Aug day.

EstrangedBrazil
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2010, 11:49:35 PM »

awesome concert, my 2nd gnr concert ever Cheesy 1st one being RIR 2001

on a side note: what happened to bumblefoot during fortus' solo and the following 2 or 3 songs?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2010, 12:58:30 AM »

nice pics Santiago!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WSzKzey9Iw     ( here is the start of the show) beer
SCOM from the same guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ENVEMEHiqs

And a little bit of LALD, the end
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtfYKWH9mB4

God I want to see this band live!  Come to the US full scale, PLEASE!!!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 01:08:09 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2010, 01:39:38 AM »

Cineater and I just got home from the show. We drove all day! Got too Sturgis around 4 Friday and checked out the sites. I haven't been there in almost 20 years and Cin had never been there We had a blast. Headed out to Monkey Rock about 5. Freaking awesome set up. I don't know how many tickets anded up being sold but security told us as off 6pm it was over 45,000 and still selling!! Show was great. Axl and the boys belted out the songs very quickly. I am not sure if it was sound troubles or just a spent mic but vocals did kick out a few times. lol We didn't mind, its not like we don't know the words. Took some of the crowd that didn't know what they were in for to warm up but in the end they did. Saw what seemed like quiet a few hardcore gnr fans about!!
I still can't believe we got to see gnr at Sturgis.
AXL Just one note. thank you so very much for playing This I Love. I wasn't sure if you would play it for this crowd and I so wanted to get too hear it. Crowd reallly seemed to like it too. Thanks to all of GNR and the production crew for pulling this one off.

Vocals didn't kick out at all farther from the stage, which is my expirence every time I've seen them. Actually, this was the loudest I've ever heard Axl, cause I was in Sturgis all week, by Friday i ran outta gas. So I kept in back. But they got on stage at 10 to 1 and ended at 3, not 3:30. Also, I hung with Ron for about an hour during the day, we checked out The Full Throttle Sallooon....it rocked....the whole week rocked, I just wish I saw Gn'R on Monday or Tuesday instead of Friday so I would of had more energy.

Axl is God.
kalina.malina
Opening Act

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2010, 05:13:53 AM »

thanks to Phrozen ok

and the throwback to 92  Cool

beer

sweet Axl
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2010, 08:18:41 AM »

I am guessing that 45,000 no. i posted was most likely for the whole week. Not sure what security ment. Guess thats why they don't let him carry a gun. lol And sorry I was damn tired last night when I posted that. I ment we left at 3:30. I heard if it hadn't been for GNR they wouldn't have made any money. They said the night Godsmack played went really good but a couple of nights hardly anyone even should up.
Yeah I hate that they always have trouble with the cut out in front. I was hoping we were far enough back.
Not sure why Ron left the stage then. I was to beat by then. the cold really got to us. We are from the midwest and its been hot as hell. Hell it was 102 when we got too the Badlands on Thursday.

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2010, 09:55:03 AM »

cheers for the updates and great pics guys. glad those who went had a blast! axl looks full-on incredible in those pictures.  so excited for reading and the next few months!  ok
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2010, 01:00:16 PM »

what the... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2010, 01:48:31 PM »

I am guessing that 45,000 no. i posted was most likely for the whole week. Not sure what security ment. Guess thats why they don't let him carry a gun. lol And sorry I was damn tired last night when I posted that. I ment we left at 3:30. I heard if it hadn't been for GNR they wouldn't have made any money. They said the night Godsmack played went really good but a couple of nights hardly anyone even should up.
Yeah I hate that they always have trouble with the cut out in front. I was hoping we were far enough back.
Not sure why Ron left the stage then. I was to beat by then. the cold really got to us. We are from the midwest and its been hot as hell. Hell it was 102 when we got too the Badlands on Thursday.
Amy, I've read online that Ron was visibly pissed throughout the show and "apologizing" for the late start by pointing to his imaginary watch and mouthing "I'm sorry" to the crowd.  Did you see this?

Ali
juadlu
Headliner

Unashamed Axl lover :-)

« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2010, 01:57:04 PM »

more at
http://www.axlroseappreciation.com/apps/photos/

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2010, 04:03:10 PM »

Amy, I've read online that Ron was visibly pissed throughout the show and "apologizing" for the late start by pointing to his imaginary watch and mouthing "I'm sorry" to the crowd.  Did you see this?

Ali

Yes I did. All I can say is I love GNR I would wait forever if I had too. But This was a special show for too me very special people. And it wasn't the kind of show you go on at 1 am for. If that was the case there should have been another band or something to entertain everyone. Watching strippers on the screen at a biker rally was pretty boring. We can see that all day just walking down the street. I should point out that Jim Rose was on between sets and I was thrilled to see that he was going to be there but totally disappointed by the show he put on. Sorry but that was lame.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2010, 04:25:19 PM »

The start of the show was delayed because the set change between Alice In Chains and GN'R took longer than expected.

These things happen.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2010, 04:53:28 PM »

The start of the show was delayed because the set change between Alice In Chains and GN'R took longer than expected.

These things happen.

/jarmo

I was front row and I can say that it did take the crew a long time to get the stage ready. The crowd got restless pretty quick and were actually throwing shit at the stage. Ron was actually standing by the stage while it was happening, and he was really upset by it. And it was like that for the whole show. Actually he seemed pissed at Axl. He tried joking with him a couple times during the show and Ron wasnt having it. He actually left the stage for 3 or 4 songs after the show started, idk what it was all about but he remained like that for the rest of the show.

Otherwise it was an amazing show. Axl sounded killer, and his performance of Sorry was a highlight. Total emotion. I was so amped when he came out in the leather from '92!!!! Amazing amazing amazing show, as always. Totally worth the drive.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2010, 04:57:17 PM »

Here is a video news report from Sturgis with some concert footage and a short interview with Bumblefoot.

One of the band's lead guitarists says Sturgis is a logical venue for Guns 'N Roses. Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal says, "This is cool. This is a perfect fit as far as I'm concerned. I was here last year actually, hanging out and it's nice to be back. I'm glad to be back on the 60 year anniversary. That's really cool. I appreciate you guys all having us here."

Video: http://www.kevn.com/2010/08/14/guns-n-roses-keeps-rally-goers-waiting

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2010, 05:21:56 PM »

November rain...incomplete (not the best quality)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOXjCL8WPs8
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2010, 07:16:42 PM »

"Welcome To The Jungle" Sturgis  Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR_GrAW6Vgk

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2010, 07:37:22 PM »

"Welcome To The Jungle" Sturgis  Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR_GrAW6Vgk

I can't believe how badass everyone looks, this bands on fire.

Watch the clip, and see how DJ and Ron own them solos.  Grin They keep on getting better and better, and Axls' voice is top notch, how Axl can sing like that throughout the whole show is just superb.  ok

beer

Ron is looking the part, playing amazingly, and seems to be performing his best every night. He has grown within the band since 2006, and is now someone who I consider to be a leader in the band.

His look reminds me so much of Robin, which is an added bonus.

Keep it up Ron, we all love ya.  love
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 08:02:09 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
eze
Headliner

Tough times never last... tough people do!

« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2010, 09:13:33 PM »

I was at this show... people were throwing full beer cans on stage and leaving during the show. I attended the full rally and this venue was pathetic! I'll never go back. The Buffalo Chip as always put on one hell of a show every night. I felt sorry for Ron as he was dodging the full beer cans on side of the stage. Fans were yelling bullshit during the delay and walking out screaming Axl sucks. The venue was 20% full and maybe 5000 people were still there by the middle of the set. Axl never did once apologize. I've waited all my life to see GNR live and I left early as well as drunk locals in Sturgis is not a good thing! This was the first concert I've ever left early. I rode up on my Harley on 8/7 and waited all week for this show and it SUCKED! I was pissed at the delay and I didn't enjoy it all. I was more worried about getting into a fight with one of the drunk locals. So for those of those lucky enough like me to see ZZ Top, Bob Dylan, Kid Rock, Motley, Stone Sour, and Ozzy those are REAL bands. Going on stage at 1am on the last day of the rally is BS! Axl has lost one of his biggest fans. I'll never pay money to see him live again!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: