Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:17:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  August 13th, 2010 Sturgis, SD (Rock 'N Rev Festival) - UPDATES ONLY
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: August 13th, 2010 Sturgis, SD (Rock 'N Rev Festival) - UPDATES ONLY  (Read 47728 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2010, 09:30:49 PM »

So for those of those lucky enough like me to see ZZ Top, Bob Dylan, Kid Rock, Motley, Stone Sour, and Ozzy those are REAL bands. Going on stage at 1am on the last day of the rally is BS! Axl has lost one of his biggest fans. I'll never pay money to see him live again!

Kid Rock and Stone Sour are REAL bands??   hihi

Sucks you did not have a good time, surrounded by drunk bikers probably was not fun, but I'm sure it was not all Axl & Co. fault.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2010, 09:40:31 PM »

The venue was 20% full and maybe 5000 people were still there by the middle of the set.

So you want us to believe that that 20% remaining were all able to step in front of Dj's camera at the exact time this pic was taken?  Roll Eyes

Dj ASHBA?  Tonights concert was off the hook! Many thanx to all our crew for staying there all night, working brutal hours to pull this one off!! Thx to Monkey Rock!! And Axl for cracking me up with the jokes on the way to the stage!! Too funny! Ha! G'nite Rapid City!

Picture courtesy of Dj Ashba's Facebook page.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
André Menk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2010, 10:02:11 PM »

"Welcome To The Jungle" Sturgis  Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR_GrAW6Vgk

Thank's !!!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2010, 11:29:31 PM »

I'm just pulling in.  I had a great time!  Monkey Rock not enough kudos for you guys, great job.  I'll go to one of your venues any time you set it up.  Don't know if  that was your staff or not but great people at the gates and on security.  Happy birthday again to our security lady. 

GNR crew, you rock!  The other bands had a few guys out there but GNR, everybody and their cousin was setting up plus they were prepare for the weather.  Got to say though the only female crew member I saw was the camera lady.  You know if you're under represented, Amy would do a good job for you.

About the time thing, there was no where on the planet or anything I would rather be doing then where I was and who I was going to see, I didn't care and neither did the kid.  It was a thrill though seeing Ron waiting in the wings all strapped in and ready to go.  I could see his smile all the way across the crowd.  He stepped out a few times, that was either a wave or 5 minutes and Amy says that second one was a heart sign, looked like a circle to me.  I was wondering what the fuck's wrong that you're making a circle--lol

The titty show--lol  Let me just say before you show your tits to the camera ladies you need the approval of two women.  Between the strippers and tits, I can say there's not a snow balls chance in hell I could be gay, nope not even bi.  The opening acts, all good.  Alice In Chains deserved an encore.  The Rose Circus in between acts, good concept but not my thing.

Anyway you're probably interested in the show.  I couldn't see--lol  Every tall person there was in front of me, my view wasn't that great but I'm not complaining.  The whole top row disappeared in a flame ball a couple of times.  Hope Chris is okay, the wind looked liked it was blowing it right into him.  I needed the heat, thanks!  Everybody sounded fine to me.  I would have never guessed DJ was feeling bad.  Richard got the teenage girl vote for hottie.  I thought the set was a little rushed but maybe that was the cold weather/possible rain or just my desire for it to never end.  It was funny when they revved up the piano.  Had a cloud of confetti come right at me, that was so cool!

I had a great time, thanks GNR for the show and the location.  The only bad thing I have to say is, Chris I never want to see that outfit again hihi 

Amy, thanks, your wonderful, owe it all to you.  Miss you and the band already.  Next year everybody, okay?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
awolgnr
Headliner

Don't you think that you need somebody?

« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2010, 11:46:14 PM »

The first thing I have to say is look again at that picture... that's the Buffalo Chip. I recognize the vip area. The banner even says Buffalo Chip. That's where the Crue, Ozzy and the Scorps all played. GNR performed at Monkey Rock across the street and a mile down the road. Different venues. Not sure why DJ would post a pic from someone else's show at someone else's venue but that definitely wasn't the crowd GNR had. I played it cool when people were throwing stuff and wasn't worried because I'd watched soundcheck and met three of the band so I knew they'd be late but they'd play. But, sadly, that is definitely not the crowd that attended the GNR show.  The energy was high among the fanatic faithful and we were packed in there near the front but when my wife texted me to meet her by the merch booth, I was stunned. After wading through the crowd all of a sudden there was no one. The venue was about a third full.  Total bummer. Ruined the rest of the night for me because I realized how many people had left before and during the show.  Rev Theory and Alice in Chains had bigger crowds.  I love GNR and felt terrible at how the crowd acted and how they dispersed as the show went on.   

I've been where I have been and I've seen what I have seen...
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2010, 11:51:16 PM »

The venue was 20% full and maybe 5000 people were still there by the middle of the set.

So you want us to believe that that 20% remaining were all able to step in front of Dj's camera at the exact time this pic was taken?  Roll Eyes

Dj ASHBA?  Tonights concert was off the hook! Many thanx to all our crew for staying there all night, working brutal hours to pull this one off!! Thx to Monkey Rock!! And Axl for cracking me up with the jokes on the way to the stage!! Too funny! Ha! G'nite Rapid City!

Yeah, I stayed at the Buffalo Chip all week too, thats NOT Monkey Rock in that picture. Although I did really like Monkey Rock, and thought the show was great, i was just totally out of gas by friday, and thats my fault, not the bands. 5 days of concerts and partying wears a person out. lol

Axl is God.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2010, 12:02:12 AM »

Monkey Rock is the amphitheater right? The Buffalo Chip looks just like an open park kind of thing.

Oops! Wink
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2010, 12:12:20 AM »

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news/923cb38c-a8e9-11df-b578-001cc4c03286.html

Rock 'N Rev official blames equipment for concert delay

Axl Rose was not to blame for Guns N’ Roses late start at the Rock ‘N Rev festival Friday night, according to Dan Catullo, a festival founder.

It was a technical glitch that took longer than expected to fix, he said Sunday.

The Rock ‘N Rev’s 30-camera video crew was busy working on its equipment after Alice In Chains left the stage, Catullo said.

As a result, Guns N’ Roses did not start until about 12:50 a.m. Saturday, even though they were scheduled to play around 11:30 p.m.

The late start upset some of those at the concert who threw beer bottles and cans at the stage while waiting. By the time the band took the stage, some members of the crowd had left the Rock ‘N Rev amphitheater at Monkey Rock USA near Sturgis.

Many assumed it was the fault of Axl Rose, who is known for showing up late or not at all. Catullo said that was an erroneous assumption in this case.

“I just don’t like people becoming a fall guy or getting blamed for things when it’s not their fault,” he said. “I thought I needed to clear the air.”

Catullo said Rose was ready to take the stage by 11:30 p.m.

“I feel bad. He was the most insanely professional gentleman that I ever met,” said Catullo, who spent about 30 minutes with Rose after the performance. “He came and did his job exactly as contracted.”

The technical breakdown came when Guns ‘N Roses opted to use its own sound equipment instead of the consoles provided by the festival, which the video crew was using for communications and to direct a video for a DVD of the festival, Catullo said.

On Friday afternoon, the crew realized this would be a problem, but they couldn’t correct it without affecting other bands, so they waited until after 11 p.m., when Alice In Chains left the stage, Catullo said.

No announcement, however, was ever made to the crowd explaining the delay.

Festival spokesman Randy Alexander apologized Sunday for not informing the crowd about the technical problems.

“It took longer than expected,” he said.

Catullo said they believed the problem would be resolved at any moment, and as a result, it never occurred to them to inform the crowd, especially since no specific time was set for Guns ‘N Roses to take the stage.

“It’s not like the place had a curfew that it closed at a certain time,” Catullo said.

Contact Holly Meyer at 394-8421 or holly.meyer@rapidcityjournal.com.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2010, 12:25:33 AM »

Monkey Rock is the amphitheater right? The Buffalo Chip looks just like an open park kind of thing.

Oops! Wink

Monkey Rock was just a field as well. Smaller than Buffalo Chip. The Monkey Rock stage was gone when I left Saturday. Buffalo Chips is permanent. A lot of places just use the term amphitheater.

Axl is God.
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2010, 12:42:03 AM »

I was at this show... people were throwing full beer cans on stage and leaving during the show. I attended the full rally and this venue was pathetic! I'll never go back. The Buffalo Chip as always put on one hell of a show every night. I felt sorry for Ron as he was dodging the full beer cans on side of the stage. Fans were yelling bullshit during the delay and walking out screaming Axl sucks. The venue was 20% full and maybe 5000 people were still there by the middle of the set. Axl never did once apologize. I've waited all my life to see GNR live and I left early as well as drunk locals in Sturgis is not a good thing! This was the first concert I've ever left early. I rode up on my Harley on 8/7 and waited all week for this show and it SUCKED! I was pissed at the delay and I didn't enjoy it all. I was more worried about getting into a fight with one of the drunk locals. So for those of those lucky enough like me to see ZZ Top, Bob Dylan, Kid Rock, Motley, Stone Sour, and Ozzy those are REAL bands. Going on stage at 1am on the last day of the rally is BS! Axl has lost one of his biggest fans. I'll never pay money to see him live again!

Most American rock fans are too soft for Rock shows anymore.

This was a festival for a bunch of "Hardcore" bikers.  The funny thing is that I didn't know they had a bed time...  rofl

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2010, 12:45:43 AM »

Just in case there's people who missed:

Axl Rose was not to blame for Guns N? Roses late start at the Rock ?N Rev festival Friday night, according to Dan Catullo, a festival founder.

It was a technical glitch that took longer than expected to fix, he said Sunday.

The Rock ?N Rev?s 30-camera video crew was busy working on its equipment after Alice In Chains left the stage, Catullo said.

As a result, Guns N? Roses did not start until about 12:50 a.m. Saturday, even though they were scheduled to play around 11:30 p.m.

The late start upset some of those at the concert who threw beer bottles and cans at the stage while waiting. By the time the band took the stage, some members of the crowd had left the Rock ?N Rev amphitheater at Monkey Rock USA near Sturgis.

Many assumed it was the fault of Axl Rose, who is known for showing up late or not at all. Catullo said that was an erroneous assumption in this case.

?I just don?t like people becoming a fall guy or getting blamed for things when it?s not their fault,? he said. ?I thought I needed to clear the air.?

Catullo said Rose was ready to take the stage by 11:30 p.m.

?I feel bad. He was the most insanely professional gentleman that I ever met,? said Catullo, who spent about 30 minutes with Rose after the performance. ?He came and did his job exactly as contracted.?

The technical breakdown came when Guns ?N Roses opted to use its own sound equipment instead of the consoles provided by the festival, which the video crew was using for communications and to direct a video for a DVD of the festival, Catullo said.

On Friday afternoon, the crew realized this would be a problem, but they couldn?t correct it without affecting other bands, so they waited until after 11 p.m., when Alice In Chains left the stage, Catullo said.

No announcement, however, was ever made to the crowd explaining the delay.

Festival spokesman Randy Alexander apologized Sunday for not informing the crowd about the technical problems.

?It took longer than expected,? he said.

Catullo said they believed the problem would be resolved at any moment, and as a result, it never occurred to them to inform the crowd, especially since no specific time was set for Guns ?N Roses to take the stage.

?It?s not like the place had a curfew that it closed at a certain time,? Catullo said.

Contact Holly Meyer at 394-8421 or holly.meyer@rapidcityjournal.com.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2010, 01:00:35 AM »

The technical breakdown came when Guns ?N Roses opted to use its own sound equipment instead of the consoles provided by the festival, which the video crew was using for communications and to direct a video for a DVD of the festival, Catullo said.

That is what I like to hear.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2010, 01:46:41 AM »

Axl Rose was not to blame for Guns N? Roses late start at the Rock ?N Rev festival Friday night, according to Dan Catullo, a festival founder.

Nice to get a clarification -- I guess this also puts other rumors to rest.

Why couldn't the festival just make an announcement regarding the delay.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2010, 01:48:33 AM »

Another thing to go with this....

MyGNR user "Black Sabbath" clarified (at 1PM on 8/15) that he posted it to Facebook before GNR performed, that it wasn't GNR, and that DJ stole it!

Damn you DJ, stealing photos!

hihi
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2010, 02:14:44 AM »

Haters, Haters, Ever AXL, AXL, AXL.. thanks By Aclaration

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2010, 03:15:41 AM »

Haters, Haters, Ever AXL, AXL, AXL.. thanks By Aclaration  ok peace

you forgot to put something in your post so i fixed it for ya  ok
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2010, 05:30:07 AM »

Another thing to go with this....

MyGNR user "Black Sabbath" clarified (at 1PM on 8/15) that he posted it to Facebook before GNR performed, that it wasn't GNR, and that DJ stole it!

Damn you DJ, stealing photos!

hihi

That photo was posted on ozzys facebook page the day before gnr played. someone messed up lol
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2010, 06:09:33 AM »

So in general is an Ozzy concert in the US more popular than GN'R? It's certainly not like that in the UK. GN'R are playing two huge festival sites (Reading & Leeds) and are still filling 3 of the main arena's later in the year.

Also I always hear people saying Rock is not popular in the US...But Avenged Sevenfold are number 1. Surely ACDC and Aerosmith must play big arenas? Why has the country turned it's back on Axl?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 06:13:40 AM by reayj2003 » Logged
Ismellbetterthanyou
Opening Act

« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2010, 06:23:14 AM »

"Axl has lost one of his biggest fans. I'll never pay money to see him live again!"

I don't care. I bet Axl feels the same way. yes
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2010, 06:33:23 AM »

Cineater. Glad you guys made it home safe. And thanks. I had a blast too! Love you guys! So freaking glad we got to share this memory! Thanks GNR, Monkey Rock and Sturgis for giving me what I needed so damn bad!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: