Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:28:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose's Firestarters Sentenced
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose's Firestarters Sentenced  (Read 6155 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: September 10, 2010, 07:40:37 PM »

AXL ROSE?S FIRE STARTERS SENTENCED

September 10 2010

The two men who sparked the 2007 wildfire that almost destroyed rocker AXL ROSE?s Malibu, California home have been sentenced to a year behind bars.

Brian Alan Anderson, 25, and William Thomas Coppock, 26, were among the men who, according to authorities, started an illegal late-night campfire in a cave.

The small blaze quickly burned out of control and ripped through the countryside near the Guns N? Roses star, who turned firefighter to save his canyon home and the properties of neighbours.

The fire, one of California?s worst, destroyed 53 homes.

Both men have already served 200 days in jail. They will serve another 165.

Van Nuys Superior Court Judge Susan Speer also ordered the two men to stay away from where the fire started, and perform 500 hours of community service, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Anderson and Coppock were also told they had to write letters of apology to the 53 homeowners who lost their homes in the blaze and the five seriously injured firefighters caught in the flames.

They were also sentenced to five years probation and ordered to pay  restitution to all victims. The exact amount will be the subject of an Oct. 20  restitution hearing. What is known is that fire department expenses alone  amount to $7 million.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-beat/Two-Sentenced-in-Connection-With-Malibu-Wildfire-102567969.html

SOME BACKGROUND

Malibu Woman Credits AXL ROSE With Helping Save Her Home - Feb. 10, 2008

A Malibu, California woman who lives next door to GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose with her husband and three children credits the reclusive singer with helping save her home during the wildfire in Southern California that left six firefighters hurt and destroyed dozens last November.

A two-minute interview with the woman, who was not identified, conducted in November 2007 by the Los Angeles TV station Fox KTTV can be viewed below. A transcript of the chat follows:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=90406

Video: http://www.clipsyndicate.com/publish/video/454971/malibu_woman_credits_musician_axl_rose_with_helping_save_her_home?wpid=0

KMPH News - Axl Rose Malibu Fire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8hvKVcXtcE

« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:44:22 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »

cool update funkymonkey  thanks

Here Today..
Annie
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 10:18:42 PM »

Good luck getting them to pay the $7 million restitution fee.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 04:52:29 AM »

So they start a fire that destroys a large portion of California, including 53 houses... and it's "Axl Rose's Fire Starters" when his house was unharmed? The press has some weird ideas about priorities.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 07:09:04 AM »

So they start a fire that destroys a large portion of California, including 53 houses... and it's "Axl Rose's Fire Starters" when his house was unharmed? The press has some weird ideas about priorities.

So true! But am so glad for once they got the assholes that did this! And actually fallowed threw with a conviction. This has to got to stop out there.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 09:46:11 AM »

In defense of the press, of the 163 news articles regarding the sentencing, 1 had this headline (WENN).  I chose it because it's a GN'R message board. Wink

Axl's house was partially burned and he helped save his house and some of his neighbors.  So it was pretty big news.

Annie
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 10:30:27 AM »

In defense of the press, of the 163 news articles regarding the sentencing, 1 had this headline (WENN).  I chose it because it's a GN'R message board. Wink

Axl's house was partially burned and he helped save his house and some of his neighbors.  So it was pretty big news.

Axl is a hero. Cheesy
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 11:47:01 AM »

Axl is a hero. Cheesy

Now that's what a lot of the headlines said.

Axl Rose Hailed Fire Hero

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2008/02/12/axl_rose_is_a_hero

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/axl-rose-hailed-fire-hero_1059295

And I forgot this news report with the short interview with Beta where she talks about the fire.

Beta Lebeis Malibu Fire Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IqKqD53K8I

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 11:50:39 AM »

Thanks FM.

My Post 2007 >> Ultime Tour Whit Robin  Cry

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 08:29:07 PM »

I wonder why the music media outlets don't publish stuff like this about Axl?  Oh, I forgot they only want to bash him. 

Axl, keep doing what you're doing.  Don't change for no one. Keep doing good even though people think bad of you.  I know what it feels like.
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 07:32:44 AM »

The title of the article makes me think the fire starters were hired goons by Axl.

But its good to see justice will be brought and Axl will be shone in a positive light in the media, at least on this topic.
Lou
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 04:07:58 PM »

I wonder why the music media outlets don't publish stuff like this about Axl?  Oh, I forgot they only want to bash him. 

Axl, keep doing what you're doing.  Don't change for no one. Keep doing good even though people think bad of you.  I know what it feels like.

So true - It seems that a lot of the music press just want to focus on the negative.  Angry

My Last.fm profile - in case you ever wanna know what I'm listening to...
My Webzine/Blog Thingy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: