Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:15:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ALBUM FROM CURRENT LINE UP
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ALBUM FROM CURRENT LINE UP  (Read 17351 times)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2010, 12:36:24 PM »

Don't worry, I feel the next album will feature Robin, Bucket and Brain for sure. I don't think Axl has to worry about writing material, because I feel it was all done a couple of years ago. And Axl's just planning on how and when to do it. 

While I love the Robin, Brain, Bucket era of the band, I could certainly see why Axl would want to incorporate his current players into the mix. I can't help but to find it somewhat disrepsectful when people make posts saying that they hope ex-members appear on a future album instead of the members who are actually in the band. Keep in mind, these guys left the band on their own accord, and for the most part, we don't even know why.

Again, I love the musicians who appeared on Chinese Democracy, and I have no problem with some of their contributions making a future album. But for the most part, I want a Guns N Roses album that consists of GNR members, not guys who walked out on Axl anywhere from 2-6 years prior.

Them guys were there for a considerable period of time, and alot of work went on behind the scenes that we didn't see. Forgetting the live shows, just think how the much GN'R worked on material between say 1999 - 2007.

My opinion is that, I bet the Robin, Bucket and Brain era has easily paved the way for what will be on the next album. Don't be surprised to hear those players mentioned, in the next release strongly. And we all have our opinions, but for all we know the band from that specific era could of come up with 50-70 songs.

It's not about being disrespectfull to the current lineup but you have to look at the facts. DJ has only been in the band for a year and half, so is it unrealistic to think he will not be all over the next album if it's released as soon as he states?.

I think another reason why CD took so long to come out is because the 02 line-up came up with so much material. Axl stated on Eddie trunk, that they have enough for 2-3 albums. That is amazing in itself, and that was even before Ron joined.

It's a safe bet that GN'R have a wealth of material recorded, so it's not that hard to come to the conclusion that alot of it will be from the 02-06 era.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 12:38:21 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2010, 01:15:41 PM »

It's not about being disrespectfull to the current lineup but you have to look at the facts. DJ has only been in the band for a year and half, so is it unrealistic to think he will not be all over the next album if it's released as soon as he states?.

not sure about that. first, because DJ is the lead guitarist of the band, I can't imagine a Guns N'Roses album without a huge contribution of the main guitarist of the band.
and second point, DJ & Axl seem to have a really great relationship, something I didn't see with Buckethead or Robin, and it probably counts too.

it's not a question of how long a member is in the band, it's more a question on who is in at the moment, I think.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2010, 01:20:50 PM »

I don't get this "era" BS.  

You can't honestly say that if TWAT had appeared on AFD that it wouldn't fit because its ahead of its time, no more than to say that WTTJ and any of the other classics don't fit into a show but are only played because of their greatness.  A great song is a great song, you only have to see KOHD and LALD and the response they get, both are pre- 1980's. In the world of Guns n' Roses, Great songs get released.

Eventually....

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2010, 01:29:53 PM »

They'll choose the right member for the right instrument/solo. If that means something needs to be rerecorded, it will. If that means buckethead will be on the album, it will.

I thought chinese democracy already proved that.

Duke Nukem
Opening Act

Here today ...

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2010, 12:05:22 PM »

not sure about that. first, because DJ is the lead guitarist of the band, I can't imagine a Guns N'Roses album without a huge contribution of the main guitarist of the band.
and second point, DJ & Axl seem to have a really great relationship, something I didn't see with Buckethead or Robin, and it probably counts too.

it's not a question of how long a member is in the band, it's more a question on who is in at the moment, I think.

I agree. And it is disrespectful for members to post that they hope ex-members - who left the band years prior - make the next album instead of the members who are out on tour supporting Axl now. It's not that I would mind seeing a solo here or a fill there from Robin, Bucket or Brain, but hoping that they are predominatly featured is somewhat of a cheap shot and quite disrespectful to the guys who are actually part of the band now. It's no different than a reunion zealot saying that they hope some of Duff's late 90s work with Axl makes a cut instead of the bass player who has been supporting Axl for the past decade.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2010, 12:49:52 PM »

I agree. And it is disrespectful for members to post that they hope ex-members - who left the band years prior - make the next album instead of the members who are out on tour supporting Axl now. It's not that I would mind seeing a solo here or a fill there from Robin, Bucket or Brain, but hoping that they are predominatly featured is somewhat of a cheap shot and quite disrespectful to the guys who are actually part of the band now. It's no different than a reunion zealot saying that they hope some of Duff's late 90s work with Axl makes a cut instead of the bass player who has been supporting Axl for the past decade.

Whatever happens, I'm sure that DJ will do the same with CD II as Ron did with CD. Which is maybe do a solo, here or there and some rhythm work.

But, I think everyone knows in the back of their minds that the next album will be alot of Robin, Bucket and Brain material. It's not only a matter of opinion, you have to think logically about the situation. GN'R must have worked on loads and loads of material back in 02/06, and that's what I think will be on CD II as well.

The album from the (current) DJ, Ron, Frank line-up, will most likely be CD III. But it's almost impossible for them to have had time to write whole new material since DJ joined the band. It's just common sense really, if Axl has strong songs from the Robin and Bucket years, why bother rushing to try to write a whole new thing with the current band?. let that come naturally and let it on CD III. I think we learned that about Chinese Democracy, if the material is good, even if the guy is gone who recorded it, it's going to stay and be released.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:51:43 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2010, 12:58:56 PM »

Of course its different - we all know how Chinese Democracy came out with lots of Bucket, Brain, Tobias and even Robin. I dont know how its unrealistic to think they would still make it on a new album - maybe not as proeminent anymore, but still. It seems like whatever feels better suiting for the song will make it, so I dont know why people act ofended.

Also, just one thing: Ashba is great, but he's not the "main" guitar player nor the only lead. Bumblefoot has as many if not more lead parts, so BOTH are lead. Now that was disrespectful - to ignore such a great and important musician like Ron Thal.

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2010, 01:08:34 PM »

I couldn't agree more.

There usually is a guest appearance or two on an album and if it includes an ex-member then great, but the whole reason why the tour and mores the point any future material will be released is because of what we have now.  These members thankfully have stood out and raised themselves above the  crap that goes with being associated with one Axl Rose.  

I remember BBF being concerned about the possibility of being in the way of a possible reunion of the original band and his joining was delayed as a result.  These musicians respect the history and heritage of the band, they live with the (unfair) assertion of being session players, they give up family time to play shows that the press (in Europe anyway) have no original or researched questions to ask.  I've seen the best live show of all this year, I saw 'em in 88, 2002 and 2006 and all were great in their own way, but this line-up by a mile is the most coherent and tightest band assembled yet.  I can't see anything but even more great music from this band in the future, don't disrespect them for not being Slash, Duff et al. If you have to, do so when they don't deliver killer shows, produce great music or insult the fans in being so far up their own asses with their sense of self-importance.

It hasn't yet, nor do I expect it to either.....

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2010, 01:27:41 PM »

Also, just one thing: Ashba is great, but he's not the "main" guitar player nor the only lead. Bumblefoot has as many if not more lead parts, so BOTH are lead. Now that was disrespectful - to ignore such a great and important musician like Ron Thal.

quite funny comment since Ron is my favourite guitarist of the band.

I just refered DJ Ashba as the lead guitarist because in my souvenir he as introduced to us as the new lead guitarist.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2010, 01:48:17 PM »

In my opinion, anything left from the 2002-2006 era is probably sub-par or else it would have made it onto Chinese Democracy.  CD is great, but it has a couple of songs that could have been replaced by better material if it existed.  For that reason, I bet we get much newer material on a new album.  I agree that we might have a coupel songs from the older era, but most of it will be solidly from the Bumblefoot era and with any luck new material with DJ on it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2010, 02:01:47 PM »

In my opinion, anything left from the 2002-2006 era is probably sub-par or else it would have made it onto Chinese Democracy. 

Quite a bold assumption considering we have no idea what that material is really like...

For example (no, this is not based on any kind of fact, it's an assumption. That's for all you "reading between the lines to find hidden clues" people): They could have amazing ballads ready, but they didn't put them on Chinese Democracy because they thought the album didn't need another one...

Or there's songs that just sound different from the songs on Chinese Democracy... And didn't fit the album.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2010, 02:14:47 PM »

In my opinion, anything left from the 2002-2006 era is probably sub-par or else it would have made it onto Chinese Democracy. 

Quite a bold assumption considering we have no idea what that material is really like...

For example (no, this is not based on any kind of fact, it's an assumption. That's for all you "reading between the lines to find hidden clues" people): They could have amazing ballads ready, but they didn't put them on Chinese Democracy because they thought the album didn't need another one...

Or there's songs that just sound different from the songs on Chinese Democracy... And didn't fit the album.

/jarmo

Very good points.  But I would bet that the best songs they had in hand were put onto CD to make it as good as possible.  It just seems intuitive to me but I could be wrong.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2010, 02:20:31 PM »

/jarmo

Very good points.  But I would bet that the best songs they had in hand were put onto CD to make it as good as possible.  It just seems intuitive to me but I could be wrong.

Doubt it... I'm sure if they put all of what they thought were the best, it may not flow great as an album.... Like DJ said, axl has stuff up his sleeve, and he knows what he is doing...
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2010, 02:25:28 PM »

/jarmo

I'm sure the band have faith in every track on CD, as i'm sure they will on all future planned releases. I don't buy the 'these were the best songs' argument, surely each album is individual and certain tracks 'fit' where others do not. Hence why big songs included in the illusions albums never made an appearance on appetite / lies even though they existed at the time.

Whatever they release i'm sure i'll love it! Looking forward to more original material from the best band in the world!

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2010, 02:28:37 PM »

/jarmo

Im sure you're wrong. They made many songs, but they put togheter an album, not just a song compilation. Best example would be Bach's talks about The General and how Axl wanted to save it for later album.

quite funny comment since Ron is my favourite guitarist of the band.

I just refered DJ Ashba as the lead guitarist because in my souvenir he as introduced to us as the new lead guitarist.

He is the lead, but where did you see he's the "main" one?

What is funny is how people think Axl would just scrap years of really hard work (not only him, but also past members). Of course I would love to see an album with songs only by this band, but I also would love to know more of Bucket and Robin's work. Im sure Chinese Democracy already proved how those musicians still had a really important whole there and Im glad they did.

JAC185
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2010, 02:42:16 PM »

/jarmo

Exactly. Don't Cry being around before AFD being the perfect example.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2010, 03:05:28 PM »

Music By Robin/Buck/Tobias/Bryan

New Music By IZZY/DJ/FRANK/BBFT/RICHARD

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2010, 03:49:15 PM »

i think and hope that the next album will be 90% current lineup. i think that in some songs there would be a solo played by buckethead or something like that or one intro-outro /something short played by fink brian buckethead tobias or even freese. it would be just too weird that the new album would be mustly old stuff
and when the songs had been writen and by who is a another question

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2010, 04:34:18 PM »

I remember BBF being concerned about the possibility of being in the way of a possible reunion of the original band and his joining was delayed as a result.

You remember wrong if you mean why he didn't join the band in 2004'ish.

i think and hope that the next album will be 90% current lineup. i think that in some songs there would be a solo played by buckethead or something like that or one intro-outro /something short played by fink brian buckethead tobias or even freese. it would be just too weird that the new album would be mustly old stuff
and when the songs had been writen and by who is a another question

I don't think or hope that this will happen. I'm sure Ashba will play on some songs, if not all but the parts he will play will be his own, just like Bumble's parts on CD. He didn't rerecord anyone out.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2010, 05:28:45 PM »

I disagree with the idea that guns put their best songs on Chinese, although of course that album is full of badass stuff.

If axl's master plan is/was to release 2-3 albums, then surely the big guns would be evenly spread amongst the discs.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what's in store, and let's hope ashba wasn't wrong when he said we wouldn't be waiting too long for what's next.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: