Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:19:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash Talks About Duff McKagan's Oct. 2010 Jam With Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Talks About Duff McKagan's Oct. 2010 Jam With Guns N' Roses  (Read 29289 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2010, 04:55:55 PM »

If any of these guys wanted to be in Guns N' Roses, they wouldn't have left Guns N' Roses. They left of their own volition, because they didn't want to be in the band any more. To say that they all desperately want to be in Guns N' Roses is pretty fucking ridiculous.

That said, I also dislike Slash's "they still went on an hour late" comment. Especially considering they didn't come on late (and if they did, it was only about 20 minutes or so).

If Slash wasn't desperate to rejoin Guns why would he go to Axl's house in the middle of the night to beg for a reunion? There is also the fact that Marc Canter said Slash would "fuck a snake" to get back in Guns.

Marc Canter said "Slash would have fucked a snake to get Perla off of his back".

Actually what he said what Slash would have fucked a snake to get back in Guns if for no other reason than to get Perla off his back. The fact remains he was still trying to get back in Guns at that time period.
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2010, 05:02:29 PM »

Hey Jarmo. What if Axl left GNR and got replaced with someone? Would you still not care?  hihi

Wow, probably the most honest statement-question I've seen on this board. Personally, I like the work of both musicians, with no solid preference since both Axl AND Slash (along with the other 3 members) were critical to the creation and success of Appetite for destruction. I really think people should just get their panties out of a bunch here and just enjoy the music. If you don't like, don't listen. Oh, I might add that I like both Chinese Democracy and Slash's solo album. They're different, but they both have some great tunes to offer.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2010, 05:20:06 PM »

"The last time Slash went there was because his wife made him. Just before he did that he called me for Axl's phone number
and when I said that I couldn't do that he said I know I know and then I herd Perla saying things to him. He said that he was
sorry for asking and I could tell in his voice that he was being pushed into it. Also at that time Perla hated Duff, and Slash was
not getting along with Scott and Duff that well and was doing heavy drugs and lots of them that should have killed him. He
was living in hell. He also started a big law suit about not getting paid for things from GNR and was drunk at the time of the visit.
He could have easily said bad things about some of the guys in VR to Beta. At that point he would have fucked a snake to talk
with Axl and if nothing else just to get Perla off his back. She was the one who wanted the reunion at that time. But then the
whole thing backfired on Slash when Axl called the press. It could have cost him loosing VR and then he would have nothing."

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2010, 05:37:48 PM »

If any of these guys wanted to be in Guns N' Roses, they wouldn't have left Guns N' Roses. They left of their own volition, because they didn't want to be in the band any more. To say that they all desperately want to be in Guns N' Roses is pretty fucking ridiculous.

That said, I also dislike Slash's "they still went on an hour late" comment. Especially considering they didn't come on late (and if they did, it was only about 20 minutes or so).

If Slash wasn't desperate to rejoin Guns why would he go to Axl's house in the middle of the night to beg for a reunion? There is also the fact that Marc Canter said Slash would "fuck a snake" to get back in Guns.

Marc Canter said "Slash would have fucked a snake to get Perla off of his back".

Actually what he said what Slash would have fucked a snake to get back in Guns if for no other reason than to get Perla off his back. The fact remains he was still trying to get back in Guns at that time period.

apparantly you misquoted Canter who said"At that point he would have fucked a snake to talk with Axl and if nothing else just to get Perla off his back."

not that it fucking matter bexause as far as I'm concerned, it's between those 2 and no one else
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2010, 06:14:00 PM »

So let me get this straight. A famous celebrity likes attention? HOLY SHIT!  are u people serious? Famous people are famous mostly cause they like getting attention.

something else people completely over look is the fact that Slash is a guitar player. In music, Vocalist are bigger stars than guitar players. So guitar players have to work hard to keep themselves out there.

Also, Slash had to build his brand from scratch. He didn't have the world famous already iconic Guns N Roses brand to fall back on. so sure, he has to do some hustling and some things he'd probably rather not, but thats doing business and trying to stay relevant.

what do people want him to do? Just disappear and not do anything?

also, whats the bullshit about how he should avoid GNR questions? Why? We've went around and around on this for years on this very forum. Avoiding the questions, just throws more gasoline on it and makes people want to ask more.

also, i guess Axl could've said no comment when asked the reunion questions or could've said no comment instead of the "Cancer" tirade he went on.

its easy for people to judge Slash when its a whole nother set of circumstances.

Interviewing is a give and take process. We will talk about your shit, but first you got to answer this.

i guess people didnt see the interview where Slash told the reporter that if they keep down this road of questioning the interview would be over?

People are curious, they want to know so they will ask. U can be an asshole about it and avoid it, or you can give them an honest answer.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2010, 07:07:23 PM »

an honest answer.

Funniest thing I've read in ages. Considering who we're talking about!

Thanks for the laugh man. Really.  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Doofey
Headliner

« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2010, 07:34:08 PM »

Why do some people seem obsessed with the idea that there's some sort of divide between people who support Slash and fans of the current GNR?

Because there is. While there are people out there that like both, a good number of people take a side. They feel like saying anything positive about the other one in some way hurts their guy. I think the fans actually care more about this feud than Axl or Slash at this point.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2010, 08:24:16 PM »

I tried to move this into "DEAD HORSE" a few posts in knowing full well which direction it would go in, the same fucking mindless back and forth that's been going on for years...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2010, 08:51:31 PM »

All I have to say is that I like and respect Axl, Slash, Duff,  Izzy and Steven. I'm not choosing sides on this since I was heavily influenced by this band. GNR helped me to overcome the physical and mental challenges of being physically disabled. With that being said, I support each member in their own endeavors whether it's the current version of GNR, VR, Adler's Appetite, Izzy's solo work or a reunion.  I support it all.

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2010, 09:56:54 PM »

I tried to move this into "DEAD HORSE" a few posts in knowing full well which direction it would go in, the same fucking mindless back and forth that's been going on for years...

It is, isn't it?  Fucking mindless back and forth.  All Slash has to do is say something about Axl and it causes an explosion around here.   Roll Eyes
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2010, 11:35:56 PM »

yep, I really dont understand what people get out of hating someone most of you have never met, nevermind actually know on a personal level. Like what does that add to the music?  It just brings a lot of negative vibes,  to the current band and to the old band.  It really ruins it for me sometimes when something cool happens in the GNR world and I come to this board immediately and someone with some point of view is spewing negative bullshit one way or the other.  I have never seen a fan base of a band fight so much.  The internet has given everyone a voice, and sometimes thats not the best thing, especially when you are dealing with some people who have no idea what they are talking about.  I mean the way some self professed experts talk about Slash's visit to Axl's house, you would think they were the ones who drove him there and rang the doorbell.
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2010, 11:43:55 PM »

A lot of good points on topic. What always gets me is that everyone here is a GNR fan first and foremost. I never understand the hate for Slash and want to dismiss his contributions. I really hated the cancer comment by axl but that does not mean I am going to bash his musical talents and contributions to GNR. Whatever Axl does he is still Axl and I will always think he is the best lead singer ever until someone else takes his thrown.
Although I do prefer the original and illusion line ups I still support and appreciate the new members. CD is a great album but DJ, BF, Frank, and even Richard did not write a lick of that album. Additionally I do not understand why the supporters of the new band are so against a reunion and even worse against Axl and Slash mending their relationship.  At this stage I don't even care that much about the reunion but would rather see them mend their friendship. How can anyone not want to see them play together ever again. That is like saying I don't want to see the Beatles with Paul, John, Ringo and and George I am good seeing Paul and his band playing Beatles songs... It is way better then the people who actually wrote the music together. I mean come on really? Like someone else said if Axl ever becomes friends with Slash again all the Slash haters will suddenly praise him again.  At the end of the day both moved on in their own way to make their music and I am glad they both continue to make music we can all enjoy. But never forget the reason we are all here is because of the music they both made together. As GnR fans how can u truthfully say if given the option that you would prefer that they never made music together again or even perform together again. That is not a GnR fan that is plain ignorance.   
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2010, 06:41:24 AM »

oh C'mon now guys. no need to Dead Horse this.

Message forums are for discussion and debate. the hotter the topic, the better the debate and the better the board is.

What is cool about this thread is, almost all of the discussion/arguing is civilized,intelligent and great. There is no flaming,trolling or nonsense really. everyone is making valid points both ways and its interesting to read.

So i think it is different than past threads that deteriorate.

on topic:

i know alot of people don't believe me when i say that I just react to what i see. I am the same level of fan for Axl and Slash. I don't lean one way or the other. That being said, Slash does come off a little jealous and like a killjoy/buzzkill.

We all have friends like that or at least most of have where no matter how great something is, that happens to you, someone always has to point the one minor thing out to ruin the mood. When I saw Duff onstage... who gives a shit what time they took the stage?

I will say this. Not for a reunion or whatever, but I do wonder how much of the conflict back then was due to the drug abuse/alcoholism? Just makes me wonder if Axl had a conversation with present day sober Slash, if things would be better? Being clean and sober, hanging around hardcore druggies is nearly impossible. So in that respect I blame Slash and Co. for the breakup because I can see Axl's side of the coin big time.

So maybe Axl wasn't as "hard" to work with afterall. Maybe Slash was so drug fueled he almost became like Steven Adler was during the UYI sessions and no longer was committed to excellence?

Over the years i have went from it being Axl's fault to now honestly thinking it was more of the old band's fault. not that Axl didn't have some flaws of his own, but drug addicts are a nightmare to try and work with/be around and in the music business, right or wrong, the blame usually lies with the frontman. If the band releases a terrible album, its the frontman's fault, if the show sucks, its the frontman's fault. So Axl had a ton of pressure to deal with that the other guys didn't understand.

I know u guys hate my Jon Bon Jovi shit, but on their documentary he says it best. The other members are out going to concerts,sporting events,dinners whatever and he is stuck in the room on the phone with managers,agents etc. Talked about how when something happens, people don't blame the manager,the promoter or the attorneys etc but they blame him. everything is his fault.

I think that applies well to this situation.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2010, 06:46:53 AM »

The funny thing is, Slash has even stated a bunch of times..that he hates doing promotion like interviews etc.  Its just a part of his job.  Its very useful if you want your record to do well though.

He has said all this for years.  Some people just want to hear different things though.

Its also funny when people say that Slash is in it for the money.  If that was the case, he would of never left Guns no matter how much him and Axl disagreed.

One more funny thing...half the people that bash Slash have no problem rocking out to the music he wrote at GNR gigs.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2010, 07:15:15 AM »

I do wonder how much of the conflict back then was due to the drug abuse/alcoholism? Just makes me wonder if Axl had a conversation with present day sober Slash, if things would be better? Being clean and sober, hanging around hardcore druggies is nearly impossible. So in that respect I blame Slash and Co. for the breakup because I can see Axl's side of the coin big time.

By the same token, its been 15 years. The guys were only really friends in their 20s, they've spent most of their lies barely as friends. They both will have changed so much in the years, I don't think they will have very much in common at all. Infact, I doubt they even really connected that much in the first place; being part of a 5 person band you wouldn't become all that tight with individual members. I bet it was super awkward and generic and fake with Duff. Still, I'm with everything you say D.

I'm for a reunion and all, and to people who want us to forget and move on; get over the gossip and the personal lives remember why you're here in the first place. Being a fan is all about the cult of personality of the band. If you only cared about the music, you'd sit in your room and listen to it and forget who played it. We're all just as sad as those brainless whores who read tabloids; it comes from the same place.

The new band is awesome, and I am a fan of Guns N' Roses - so I belong here. But the new band, I don't forget, have half a set of GnR classics. And as a fan of the new band, I am legitemately a fan of the songs they play - old songs. And when you say forget about who wrote them, you forget the whole thing that made GnR good in the first place. They're authentic, their music is real and was an outlet of their emotions. It's different now; hell it's cleaner and tighter now, and probably more enjoyable, but they are merely representing the feelings of the old band. Only Axl sings it like he means it; even with Chi Dem.
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2010, 07:57:35 AM »

Hour Late??  I was at that show & was stunned how earyl GnR came on- Def. before 10:00pm- way eary for GnR- Then proceeded to the best fucking  nearly 3 hour show I've ever seen!!

Very good point.

Needs to be repeated for those who weren't even there and take these interview quotes as some kind of fact.

Predictable response...

Slash is so conscious of his image that he's trying to be the opposite of Steven Adler.

It's not cool to be desperate. Everybody knows all these guys would drop everything they're doing the second they were asked to take part...

/jarmo

But you have to agree when in certains gigs,the band shows after 1 or 2 hours after the supporting band has finished.I was at Madrid 2006 and the started at 00:15,and in a recent video i just realized that axl wasnt in the show,maybe was at the hotel.That is sad.I love the band,and right now the are one of the best bands to see alive,and axl is in a top form,but sometimes,that weird behavior happens and make people angry

BTW Slash the only bad thing that he can say is the 1h delay and he didnt miss the oportunity of saying it,so who is the guy that is angry?.Slash wants a reunion for sure,but its hard to see that you cant do it anymore because what you have done in the past.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:00:20 AM by kukol1978 » Logged
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2010, 08:54:42 AM »

Its also funny when people say that Slash is in it for the money.  If that was the case, he would of never left Guns no matter how much him and Axl disagreed.

Guitar Hero, Microsoft, Volkswagen, American Idol, Monster Energy Drink and the list goes on. Very sorry, but he is very clearly in it for the money, otherwise he wouldn't have done those things.

He was apparently unhappy in Guns for many years before he eventually left... maybe it just got to the point with him that no amount of money was worth it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 09:00:16 AM by AxlReznor » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2010, 09:09:16 AM »

i hate the money argument though. as if people are allergic to money. Who isn't in it for the money? please

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2010, 09:11:15 AM »

i hate the money argument though. as if people are allergic to money. Who isn't in it for the money? please

Money's good as long as you don't sell your soul to get it.
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2010, 09:14:08 AM »

yeah dude.. its not mutually exclusive. hes just a dude who likes his job! obviously he likes getting paid heaps, and will probably go to any lengths to get more money because it = better life.

doesn't mean he can't still enjoy the music he plays
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: