Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:48:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash Talks About Duff McKagan's Oct. 2010 Jam With Guns N' Roses
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Talks About Duff McKagan's Oct. 2010 Jam With Guns N' Roses  (Read 29031 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: October 30, 2010, 02:12:20 PM »

SLASH Talks About DUFF MCKAGAN's Jam With GUNS N' ROSES - Oct. 30, 2010

Legendary guitarist Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) was the featured guest on last night's (Friday, October 29) edition of Eddie Trunk's "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM. A couple of excerpts from the interview follow below (transcribed and edited for clarity by BLABBERMOUTH.NET):

On AEROSMITH's Steven Tyler signing on as a judge on "American Idol"

Slash: "It's really sort of disappointing to me that he's gone and done that, for whatever reason ? a lot of it having to do with [that fact that] I just know the guy and the other guys in the band are bummed out and they've had a really rocky road for awhile. And then just because 'American Idol' is what it is, so it's hard for me to put the thing together."

On Duff McKagan joining GUNS N' ROSES on stage on October 21 at London, England's O2 arena:

Slash: "It was cool. I got an e-mail from Duff going, 'I'm checked into a hotel and Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES singer] is in the room next to me.' And that's how it all started. And he just sort of kept me posted through the day and at one point he said he was going down to the venue with Axl. And I was, like, 'Wow!' 'Cause a lot of years have gone by. And so then the next one was that he was gonna be going on stage or something. And so he went and they did, like, I think it was five or six songs. So it was cool. And then the next day he told me it was great, everything was very cool, they went out and had dinner, and so they had that sort of, whatever, rekindling kind of thing. All things considered, the only thing I said about it was that... 'cause I know that they still ended up going on an hour late. And I was, like, 'Oooh.' That's the only part that would have left a bad taste in my mouth, supporting that."

On why he (Slash) seems to be the only member of the classic GUNS N' ROSES lineup that Axl is not "cool" with:

Slash: "I think there's some deep-seeded stuff there. And it really can only come down to what was going on at the time when I finally said, 'I've gotta go.' And I think there was a certain sense of abandonment there. So it probably stems from that. And then even though I try to keep a politically correct tongue in this situation, I have at times really spoken my mind about the situation, especially when VELVET REVOLVER's first record came out, I was inundated with all this press and that was all that they wanted to ask about, and my first gut reaction was venting. So there was a lot of negativity that was sort of expressed then and has since been perpetuated by the media on a regular basis. So there's a certain kind of tension that just hangs in there."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=148573

« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 02:37:58 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 02:40:26 PM »

Thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth is how Slash had to bring up that GN'R went on about an hour late. Oh, and the hypocrisy about Steven Tyler and American Idol.  Shit, Slash has already done the Idol thing as a mentor and guest, so he's the last person that should be talking shit.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 02:58:28 PM »

Thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth is how Slash had to bring up that GN'R went on about an hour late. Oh, and the hypocrisy about Steven Tyler and American Idol.  Shit, Slash has already done the Idol thing as a mentor and guest, so he's the last person that should be talking shit.
Agreed, I don't think it was necessary to take that "shot" at Axl for going on late.  It had nothing to do with the question, no need to bring that up.  And apparently being associated with American Idol is only good when it's to promote yourself.  Whenever someone else does it, it's not cool. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 03:24:56 PM »

oh $lash when will you get it, it really doesn`t matter that you`re open to a reunion cos it ain`t ever happening we all know you want the big pay day but some people have more integrity. Does he seriously think Axl`s worked this hard put up with all the rubbish for all these years to reunite with him no chance Axl might have chosen the hard road but it`s the right one for him isn`t his motto victory or death to $lash shut up and play  rant
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 03:37:20 PM »

Agreed, I don't think it was necessary to take that "shot" at Axl for going on late.  It had nothing to do with the question, no need to bring that up.  And apparently being associated with American Idol is only good when it's to promote yourself.  Whenever someone else does it, it's not cool. 

There you have the hypocrisy that is Slash, when he does it it's cool, when it's others it's bad.
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 05:15:38 PM »

Slash would do a reunion as long as the world thinks it's on his terms.

sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 05:20:41 PM »

Slash would do a reunion as long as the world thinks it's on his terms.

So you think Axl would agree to that? I don't! And no that is not the way it is.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 06:08:14 PM »

Slash would do a reunion no matter what. If Axl wanted to go on 12 hours late Slash would have no problem with it as long as he was allowed back in Guns.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »

I do sometimes feel abit sorry for Slash, because we all know that if Axl called. He would scrap Velvet Revolver and whatever solo project he has going, like a flash. It's obvious Slash wants nothing more, to be apart of Axls' life again.

The way he spoke about Duff seems like he's just acking to be there, then to keep his self worth he brought up the time issue to make himself feel better. He realises that all the shit he said in 2004/05 to promote Velvet, is doing himself no favours in relation to his true desire. So now in interviews, he always tries to admit that he was wrong for saying them things.

And now Duff has joined Axl onstage, I honestly feel that there will be some tension between the two (Slash,Duff). When Velvet first started it was like Slash, Duff and Matt was all united against Axl and was joined in unison. But now Matt has spoke favourably of Axl, and now Duff has even played with him. So I feel there will definitely be a different vibe around Velvet, if they do decide to start it up again.

Slash is like the only one left out of the original five who hasn't had any contact with Axl since 97 (even adler met Axl in Vegas in 2006).

So yes, I do feel sorry for Slash, but if you look at it, it really is his own doing.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 09:36:15 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 11:33:31 PM »

I do sometimes feel abit sorry for Slash, because we all know that if Axl called. He would scrap Velvet Revolver and whatever solo project he has going, like a flash. It's obvious Slash wants nothing more, to be apart of Axls' life again.

The way he spoke about Duff seems like he's just acking to be there, then to keep his self worth he brought up the time issue to make himself feel better. He realises that all the shit he said in 2004/05 to promote Velvet, is doing himself no favours in relation to his true desire. So now in interviews, he always tries to admit that he was wrong for saying them things.

And now Duff has joined Axl onstage, I honestly feel that there will be some tension between the two (Slash,Duff). When Velvet first started it was like Slash, Duff and Matt was all united against Axl and was joined in unison. But now Matt has spoke favourably of Axl, and now Duff has even played with him. So I feel there will definitely be a different vibe around Velvet, if they do decide to start it up again.

Slash is like the only one left out of the original five who hasn't had any contact with Axl since 97 (even adler met Axl in Vegas in 2006).

So yes, I do feel sorry for Slash, but if you look at it, it really is his own doing.
Yeah and in this interview he freely admits to it, something I don't remember him doing before.  Not that he's taking all the blame, as I don't think he should, but at least he's admitting some form of guilt as to why the hatred from Axl exists.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 12:30:42 AM »

It is remarkable that some people still don't get the whole "going on late" thing.  Even a guy that was part of the band doesn't get it.  GnR are KNOWN to go on late, it is common knowledge.  I expected it when I first saw them, and I'm sure most do also.  It is part of the GnR experience.

Slash is still looking for something bad to say and all  he could come up with is how GnR goes on late...  Old news Slash...
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 07:15:15 AM »

Is it just me or does Slash say nothing in that interview that suggests he's desperate to reunite with Axl?  Huh

I mean, he even ends it by saying "It'd be cool. But we'd have to do things way differently than we did in '91, '92, '93 and whatever... And I don't think that's changeable. That whole production would have to tighten up and be like a real working band, and I don't think that's salvageable."

Doesn't really strike me like he's big hopes of ever reuniting with Axl. I'm pretty sure he's happy doing what he's doing now. Then again, none of us really know what's going on inside his head, so it's all just speculation isn't it? Lips Sealed

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 09:08:08 AM »

The steven tyler thing isn't cause he is appearing on the show.

that isn't what Slash is saying.

Slash is disappointed that he is "JUDGING" American Idol and putting his band on the backburner to do so. Steven is sacrificing his band and his relationship with his bandmates to do it.

that I can absolutely agree with Slash's point. Isn't being hypocritical at all cause he isn't slamming him for appearing on it.

Slash was asked a question he answered. He's been very consistent about the going on late thing. He just further reiterated it.

nowhere does he ask or beg for a reunion. says it would be cool for the fans but he wouldn't just do it to be doing it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 09:08:53 AM »

Hour Late??  I was at that show & was stunned how earyl GnR came on- Def. before 10:00pm- way eary for GnR- Then proceeded to the best fucking  nearly 3 hour show I've ever seen!!

Whereas- I was at A VR show here in Raleigh 2004- outside freezing cold & rainy, Yet VR came on way late at 10:15 & zipped thru the show 13 songs in about  65 minutes & got the hell outta there!-  What about that SLASH?? rant
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 09:57:39 AM »

Is it just me or does Slash say nothing in that interview that suggests he's desperate to reunite with Axl?  Huh

I mean, he even ends it by saying "It'd be cool. But we'd have to do things way differently than we did in '91, '92, '93 and whatever... And I don't think that's changeable. That whole production would have to tighten up and be like a real working band, and I don't think that's salvageable."

Doesn't really strike me like he's big hopes of ever reuniting with Axl. I'm pretty sure he's happy doing what he's doing now. Then again, none of us really know what's going on inside his head, so it's all just speculation isn't it? Lips Sealed

No, it's definitely not just you that reads it that way.  D made a good point as well.   
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 10:31:25 AM »

Slash has put Velvet Revolver on the back burner for the last 2 years.  Isn't that leaving the fans, Matt, and Dave hanging?  I still view his comments on Steven an American Idol as hypocritical.

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 10:48:13 AM »

D, you make a goint point about how Steven Tyler putting his band on the back burner is worse than doing a mentor thing.  However, Slash is quoted as saying "And then just because 'American Idol' is what it is", meaning he's putting down Idol for being a pop show, not very rock n' roll.  That's hypocritical because if he really felt that way to his core, he never would have appeared on Idol.  I'm not a Slash hater, but I have to call it like it is, and Slash is a hypocrite.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 11:28:04 AM »

Hour Late??  I was at that show & was stunned how earyl GnR came on- Def. before 10:00pm- way eary for GnR- Then proceeded to the best fucking  nearly 3 hour show I've ever seen!!

Very good point.

Needs to be repeated for those who weren't even there and take these interview quotes as some kind of fact.

Predictable response...

Slash is so conscious of his image that he's trying to be the opposite of Steven Adler.

It's not cool to be desperate. Everybody knows all these guys would drop everything they're doing the second they were asked to take part...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 11:39:35 AM »

It's like he runs his statements through a "PR filter" before giving them.

Every sentence is in line with press coverage on that particular topic, yet ignores inherent facts and past behaviour.

I'll never forget VR charging mega-bucks for meet-and-greets on their UK tour. Cringe-worthy.

Imagine looking that person in the eye, the guy/girl who'd paid a whole months wage to see their 'hero' for a few seconds.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 11:42:38 AM by John » Logged

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 07:33:45 PM »

Everybody knows all these guys would drop everything they're doing the second they were asked to take part...

How do we know that?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: