Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:22:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash Talks About Duff McKagan's Oct. 2010 Jam With Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Talks About Duff McKagan's Oct. 2010 Jam With Guns N' Roses  (Read 29030 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 08:07:04 PM »

Everybody knows all these guys would drop everything they're doing the second they were asked to take part...

How do we know that?

It's the ultimate promotion for the Slash brand....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 08:32:15 PM »

I will admit, reading Slash's comment about the hour late thing did kinda irk me a bit. It gave me the feel of "Raining" on Duff's parade in a passive aggressive kind of way.

So,for the record, I wasn't a fan of that comment. Just be happy for Duff and move on from it.

Don't agree with your statement Faldor about Slash putting VR on the backburner for 2 years. that was a mutual decision once Scott left. He only decided to do his solo album once it was evident a singer wasn't in the cards. Plus Duff was out with Loaded, way before he did the solo thing.

With Aerosmith, What Slash is saying is, They've been on a rocky road these past couple of years. Aerosmith kinda waited patiently on Steven to get his shit together with rehab etc and then the falling off the stage thing.. so now he is healthy, he is putting the band last *who are in the process of not only recording a new album but were wanting to tour. so Steven put that in place of the band without even telling them.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 09:23:02 PM »

I think that Slash goes through periods when he loses it regarding Axl and GN'R, much like at the start of VR. Where he had nothing positive to say towards Axl, and even helped promote a VH1 documentary which tried to discredit Axl in every sense.

And then he has periods where he really regrets what he has said, and tries his best to compliment Axl even if it makes him look desperate. If you really want to look closely at why the Axl - Slash situation is more complicated than the rest. Just look at how Duff has handled any GN'R reference over the last few years. He always gives short and positive answers, and also seems uncomfortable talking about it as if he just wants to make peace.

Where as Slash uses every comment to his advantage, and often tries to twist things slightly to get the upper hand. I also think that the Slash of 2010, would regret nothing more than doing that VH1 documentary. But back then he was in anti Axl mode, and hated everything about 'nu GN'R'. Even being so big headed, to dress up as Buckethead during a halloween VR show.

On a different note, I see no point in VR continuing if Scott isn't involved. Say what you want about Scott, but he has made his peace known to Axl, and also stated how he could see Axls' point of view on the Slash situation. VR getting a new singer, is just going to be like the Slash band at the moment. The odd GN'R cover and maybe some new tunes, and I honestly feel like Slash and Duff deserve better.

So I say leave VR, and keep doing what you are doing now. Duff seems more than happy doing Loaded and his Business stuff, why stop and go back to what was a horrible time during the last VR tour.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 09:38:11 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 12:13:40 AM »

Everybody knows all these guys would drop everything they're doing the second they were asked to take part...

How do we know that?

/jarmo

The "Slash Brand" would make the "GNR Brand" more "legit"... That is a fact. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 12:45:55 AM »

Don't agree with your statement Faldor about Slash putting VR on the backburner for 2 years. that was a mutual decision once Scott left. He only decided to do his solo album once it was evident a singer wasn't in the cards. Plus Duff was out with Loaded, way before he did the solo thing.

With Aerosmith, What Slash is saying is, They've been on a rocky road these past couple of years. Aerosmith kinda waited patiently on Steven to get his shit together with rehab etc and then the falling off the stage thing.. so now he is healthy, he is putting the band last *who are in the process of not only recording a new album but were wanting to tour. so Steven put that in place of the band without even telling them.
Well, in both cases each guy is putting themselves first, so I don't see how it's any different.  Slash is putting himself first and working on his solo stuff instead of focusing on trucking on with VR.  I have no problem with that, and yes Duff is doing the same thing with Loaded.  But Steven is free to do whatever he wants.  I'm sorry if Joe Perry doesn't want to continue on with the Joe Perry Project.  Do you think Matt prefers playing with the Darling Starlettos over VR? 

I know a lot of people agree with Slash and lord knows I hate the fact that Tyler is judging American Idol, but I see it as completely hypocritical for Slash to comment the way he did when he's been on the show before.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2010, 12:54:18 AM »

How do we know that?

/jarmo

Only a Slash fan would try to turn it around.  Roll Eyes

GN'R is doing awesome without Slash. Multiple sold out shows all over the world....

He quit the band 14 years ago.

Still he gets asked when/if he would go back.....

Both Izzy and Duff have played with GN'R since leaving the band...

Slash's "approval" isn't needed.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 01:01:21 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2010, 12:57:22 AM »

In case you haven't noticed, they don't have a singer. What is the rest of the band supposed to do? Slash has said there are tracks he is writing for VR while on the road.
What you are saying would be true only if they had a singer and the rest of the band is waiting for Slash.

Yes, he took a pot shot at Axl. I don't see why everybody is getting their panties in a bunch considering both are opportune to using the media in this way. Not the first time is it?

Fuck 'Em All.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2010, 01:02:38 AM »

In case you haven't noticed, they don't have a singer. What is the rest of the band supposed to do? Slash has said there are tracks he is writing for VR while on the road.
What you are saying would be true only if they had a singer and the rest of the band is waiting for Slash.
Oh I've noticed, but thanks for bringing it to my attention.  I'm reminded every couple of months on how they're looking at singers, yet they never seem to find one.  If they were fully committed to VR they'd have a singer.  But Slash is out playing his ass off and enjoying himself solo.  Duff is doing the same with Loaded.  VR is on the back burner. WAYYYY on the back burner.  Hate to break it to you.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2010, 01:04:27 AM »

Oh I've noticed, but thanks for bringing it to my attention.  I'm reminded every couple of months on how they're looking at singers, yet they never seem to find one.  If they were fully committed to VR they'd have a singer.  But Slash is out playing his ass off and enjoying himself solo.  Duff is doing the same with Loaded.  VR is on the back burner. WAYYYY on the back burner.  Hate to break it to you.

Name a few good singers they've turned down?

Fuck 'Em All.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 01:11:20 AM »

Whether you like it or not, a lot of people considered Slash to be an integral part of GN'R, which is why he gets asked it all the time, even though he has quashed reunion rumours in multiple interviews.
Hardly his problem.

Fuck 'Em All.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2010, 01:16:51 AM »

Name a few good singers they've turned down?
Have they turned anyone down?  Trust me, if they REALLY wanted to find a singer they could.  They just don't want/need to at this point.  Let's not get fooled into thinking they're holding out for the next Robert Plant.

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 01:31:09 AM »

Plenty of people, even Corey Taylor of Slipknot being one of the rejects. All of what you're saying that "they could if they really wanted to" is just conjecture.

Fuck 'Em All.
Ace_954
Opening Act

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 02:23:36 AM »

How do we know that?

/jarmo

GN'R is doing awesome without Slash. Multiple sold out shows all over the world....

/jarmo

The comment Slash made is what it is. It's not a defining comment that has ruined any chances of a reunion that looked likely or anything.

I have to say, I would definitely agree Slash being in the band would have been a billion times more credible than the former choice of a guy wearing a bright yellow raincoat, halloween facemask and a KFC bucket on his head. Buckethead is an awesome guitarist, but line both of them up infront of anyone and tell me who you think would command more credibility. It's not even a question. Now Axl has smartened up and basically got a younger, more obedient version of Slash, who 90% of your casual fans at shows will probably think is Slash himself.

GNR is doing awesome all over the world, that has nothing to do with this new band. If CD was never released they would still sell out anywhere in the world simply because, they are GNR.

With all this being said, the current GNR lineup now is a good rock n roll band (excluding Frank imo). Slash probably could have handled it better but to be honest why would he? What does he owe Axl, or any of you?. Like I said previously, it's not like he's ruined any chances of a reunion. It has never been on the cards. He made one swipe at Axl and that's the end of it really.

Nothing changes.

You know, if someone I knew was the sole cause for breaking up my band which was the biggest rock n roll band of all time (and in their peak), I may be a little pissed at this person too.

Would you?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2010, 05:10:18 AM »

Its funny how everyone seems to love Duff again.  He was involved in many lawsuits against Axl and he also said that the current band wasn't really Guns n Roses.  But now that Axl has made peace he is a real cool dude again.

If Axl made peace with Slash tomorrow, you'd all quit hating.  Some of you need to use your brains to form your own opinions and stop reading what you want to see.

Slash has always being against going on stage late.
There is a difference between guesting on a show, and being a judge for a complete series.
Slash has always stated that a reunion would only work if the situation changed. 

All this nonsense about "Slash brand" is utterly ridiculous.  Everyone can see that Axl uses the "Guns n Roses brand" to achieve his personal goals.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2010, 07:49:20 AM »

If any of these guys wanted to be in Guns N' Roses, they wouldn't have left Guns N' Roses. They left of their own volition, because they didn't want to be in the band any more. To say that they all desperately want to be in Guns N' Roses is pretty fucking ridiculous.

That said, I also dislike Slash's "they still went on an hour late" comment. Especially considering they didn't come on late (and if they did, it was only about 20 minutes or so).
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 09:22:23 AM »

How do we know that?

/jarmo

/jarmo

I think you can also argue Slash is doing awesome without GNR?

He's had a mega-successful tour that just came to an end, but is starting back up in January...

The 3 shows I went to on that tour (Atlantic City, NYC, Atlantic City) were all sold out, and I've heard that trend continued on many if not all of the other dates.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2010, 10:01:55 AM »

If any of these guys wanted to be in Guns N' Roses, they wouldn't have left Guns N' Roses. They left of their own volition, because they didn't want to be in the band any more. To say that they all desperately want to be in Guns N' Roses is pretty fucking ridiculous.

That said, I also dislike Slash's "they still went on an hour late" comment. Especially considering they didn't come on late (and if they did, it was only about 20 minutes or so).

If Slash wasn't desperate to rejoin Guns why would he go to Axl's house in the middle of the night to beg for a reunion? There is also the fact that Marc Canter said Slash would "fuck a snake" to get back in Guns.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2010, 10:21:34 AM »

I look at it like this. How could you not miss being in a band as big and legendary as GNR?

I have two theories, forgive me Slash fans and forgive me Axl fans for posting this:

I have often felt, that when Slash left GNR, He thought Axl would fall to pieces without him and wouldn't be able to continue on and would beg him back.Axl took some time to get things in place, but so far ,Axl has done pretty well without Slash.

On the flip side: i think Axl thought Slash will leave, will fall on his face, turn into an afterthought and a has-been and come begging back...Slash has done pretty well on his own without Axl

so basically its an ego thing. Slash can't beg Axl to come back because it would make him appear to be "wrong" and weak and couldn't succeed without Axl.

Axl can't ask Slash back because then it would appear Axl was wrong and couldn't do it without Slash.

So around and around we go.

In the end, both will be fine without the other. I do want to see a mini reunion at the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame for the fans. Then after that, continue on with present business.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2010, 10:27:14 AM »

If Slash wasn't desperate to rejoin Guns why would he go to Axl's house in the middle of the night to beg for a reunion? There is also the fact that Marc Canter said Slash would "fuck a snake" to get back in Guns.

Can you be sure that that's what he went to Axl's house for? There was an ongoing lawsuit at the time... it couldn't have just been an attempt to sort that out out of court? (It was a very misguided and stupid move, to be honest... but I don't think his head was on this planet at the time).

No, I think if any of those guys wanted back in the band, they'd be making more of an attempt to do so than they have been. I'm sure they do miss those days, but not enough to deal with everything that goes along with it. A fact I'm glad of, as I like things as they are now.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2010, 10:34:33 AM »

If Axl made peace with Slash tomorrow, you'd all quit hating.  Some of you need to use your brains to form your own opinions and stop reading what you want to see.

hihi

I don't like liars, no matter who they are.

I also don't like people who try to focus on something negative to score some simple point in order to promote themselves.

As I said, all these guys would be in GN'R if they had the chance to take part in your dream (we all know most of you posting in this section have that dream). Some of them are just acting cool and you buy into that. Fair enough.

In the same way as becoming what you were so against, is apparently also cool (a cartoon character who will do anything to promote himself).

Simple as that.

Then some of you like to point out how GN'R is only successful because of their past. Way to discredit the band by the way. You know, the band this site is about?

But you don't even want to admit that it's because people still want to hear Axl sing. The reason why people can actually go see GN'R today is Axl. Not because of Slash. Slash didn't want there to be a GN'R anymore. He walked away hoping Axl couldn't carry on. Remember?

I guess in your mind, people pack clubs to hear Slash perform his latest Fergie single?

It's amusing how you discredit the current band while totally ignoring that whatever you say is also true for everything Slash has done in the past 14 years. You all seem to think VR was so awesome and whatnot. The reality is that the band was promoted as a "mini GN'R reunion". You all seem to have forgotten that in your eagerness to discredit Axl and GN'R.

He didn't get to be in Guitar Hero because of all those amazing VR songs either. No, he used his past, in that other band that he keeps talking shit about, to promote himself....

Some of you are obviously on the wrong fan site....

I don't know how you can make that mistake to think this is a Slash fan site and then get upset when somebody tells you that you got things all wrong?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:22:05 AM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: