Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:48:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash Talks About Duff McKagan's Oct. 2010 Jam With Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Talks About Duff McKagan's Oct. 2010 Jam With Guns N' Roses  (Read 29024 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2010, 10:49:28 AM »

I know this is nitpicking simply a portion of your statement but:
If I'm not mistaken, the song Slash was playing in the GH commercials was "Slither"...?

That's using a song from VR to promote himself?

I think his image is what he truly plays on, hasn't changed that in years. People know him greatly because of his hat and hair and shades.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2010, 11:02:48 AM »

If I'm not mistaken, the song Slash was playing in the GH commercials was "Slither"...?

I think his image is what he truly plays on, hasn't changed that in years. People know him greatly because of his hat and hair and shades.

Well he couldn't really use a GN'R song in the advert could he?, what have been really desperate.  hihi

The fact is, he wouldn't have been in no game, if it hadn't have been for his past. And people like to bash the current members for purely being there for the benefits of the GN'R brand name.  Tongue

Tobias, Robin, and Josh have not once used the GN'R name to get them sponsership deals, or to get them benefits of any kind. While Slash looks like a caricature of himself from 92, and still plays GN'R classics at any opportunity, even if it means getting someone who butchers the vocals.

Some of you clinch at straws to find a comeback answer, but you can't dispute facts.

sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2010, 11:08:05 AM »

If any of these guys wanted to be in Guns N' Roses, they wouldn't have left Guns N' Roses. They left of their own volition, because they didn't want to be in the band any more. To say that they all desperately want to be in Guns N' Roses is pretty fucking ridiculous.

That said, I also dislike Slash's "they still went on an hour late" comment. Especially considering they didn't come on late (and if they did, it was only about 20 minutes or so).

If Slash wasn't desperate to rejoin Guns why would he go to Axl's house in the middle of the night to beg for a reunion? There is also the fact that Marc Canter said Slash would "fuck a snake" to get back in Guns.

Marc Canter said "Slash would have fucked a snake to get Perla off of his back".
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2010, 11:18:00 AM »

Well he couldn't really use a GN'R song in the advert could he?, what have been really desperate.  hihi

The fact is, he wouldn't have been in no game, if it hadn't have been for his past. And people like to bash the current members for purely being there for the benefits of the GN'R brand name.  Tongue

Tobias, Robin, and Josh have not once used the GN'R name to get them sponsership deals, or to get them benefits of any kind. While Slash looks like a caricature of himself from 92, and still plays GN'R classics at any opportunity, even if it means getting someone who butchers the vocals.

Some of you clinch at straws to find a comeback answer, but you can't dispute facts.

Most people do not know that Tobias, Robin, and Josh were ever members if GNR. So why would they use the name. Slash helped make the GNR name and has every right to play the songs he help create and make famous. 
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2010, 11:21:48 AM »

Yeah, whatever you say are facts.  Roll Eyes

Fuck 'Em All.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2010, 11:22:32 AM »

Most people do not know that Tobias, Robin, and Josh were ever members if GNR. So why would they use the name. Slash helped make the GNR name and has every right to play the songs he help create and make famous. 

I agree.

I'll never forget when I went to Vegas in 2006, I had to tell about 10 people in line that Slash was no longer with the band...which they called bullshit on cause they were "die-hards" that followed them since the 80's and they KNEW Slash would be there that night. hihi

They were obviously lying/drunk/whatever but it just goes to show that people (about four years ago) still thought Slash was in GNR!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:24:37 AM by cotis » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2010, 11:24:05 AM »

Exactly.

He likes to use GN'R to promote himself while talking shit at every opportunity he gets.

Like in this case.

History repeats....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »

They are actually, have you seen Robin or Josh promote themselves or play songs from GN'R in their current projects.  Roll Eyes

And to say that they are not known for being in GN'R is all the more reason why they should remind everyone right?. It is to their credit actually, they maybe aren't the most known members of GN'R publicly but they still keep their integrety and keep true to themselves. I'm sure Robin could have done a ton of guitar sponsership deals while he was in GN'R, if he saw fit to splash the GN'R name around as much as $lash. Cheesy

No need to worry though, I guess you enjoy listening to Fergie butcher Paradise City and Sweet Child.  rofl
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:28:22 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2010, 11:30:01 AM »

I think in those songs, no matter who is singing, the guitar playing by Slash completely overshadows anything else.

Seeing the originator of it play it live blew me away. Now don't get me wrong, loved them when I saw GNR live in 2006 and was amazed - but seeing Slash play it was just a whole different animal.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2010, 11:30:12 AM »

They are actually, have you seen Robin or Josh promote themselves or play songs from GN'R in their current projects.  Roll Eyes

And to say that they are not known for being in GN'R is all the more reason why they should remind everyone right?. It is to their credit actually, they maybe aren't the most known members of GN'R publicly but they still keep their integrety and keep true to themselves. I'm sure Robin could have done a ton of guitar sponserships or deals while he was in GN'R if he splashed the name around as muhc as $lash

Sometimes I wonder if you really believe the crock that you post. Are you saying that sasquatch in your avatar has integrity? Like running off to NIN every two years?

Fuck 'Em All.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2010, 11:30:37 AM »

I think bands like The Vandals, A Perfect Circle and Nine Inch Nails are big enough in their own right that Josh and Robin have no need to promote themselves with the name of a band no one knows they were ever in. If they became famous whilst in GN'R it'd be another matter, but they both have other bands that they made their name in.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2010, 11:39:24 AM »

And to say that they are not known for being in GN'R is all the more reason why they should remind everyone right?. It is to their credit actually, they maybe aren't the most known members of GN'R publicly but they still keep their integrety and keep true to themselves. I'm sure Robin could have done a ton of guitar sponserships or deals while he was in GN'R if he splashed the name around as muhc as $lash

Sometimes I wonder if you really believe the crock that you post. Are you saying that sasquatch in your avatar has integrity? Like running off to NIN every two years?

Haha, every two years, now that's funny.

Some of you Slash fans are really angry that Axl is still on good terms with Robin. Because Axl knows why Robin did what he did. You just said yourself that Robin is not as well known as Slash because he chooses not to whore himself out under the GN'R brand.

So guess what, Robin needed to do something to make a living, it's normal. And this is not about Robin, but don't be angry because Axl still compliments Robin, and not your boy Slash.

jarmo is right, why do some of you come here if you crave a reunion. This board supports the current line-up, so why would you find joy, in visiting this pro GN'R site everyday.  hihi

I'm sure there's a Slash forum somewhere, that you can call home. rofl
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:41:23 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2010, 11:40:40 AM »

And to say that they are not known for being in GN'R is all the more reason why they should remind everyone right?. It is to their credit actually, they maybe aren't the most known members of GN'R publicly but they still keep their integrety and keep true to themselves. I'm sure Robin could have done a ton of guitar sponsership deals while he was in GN'R, if he saw fit to splash the GN'R name around as much as $lash

No need to worry though, I guess you enjoy listening to Fergie butcher Paradise City and Sweet Child.  rofl

Actually what I enjoy listening to is none of your business. But to satisfy you I am on my four copy of CD. And like listenening to anything Slash does also. All of your so called facts are nothing more than your opionin.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2010, 11:41:42 AM »

This is so fucking stupid.

What is a "Slash fan?"  If you are a Guns N Roses fan, you are also a Slash fan,.  Period. Unless the only GNR record you own is "Chinese Democracy", or you don't enjoy any of his playing on AFD or the Illusions and we all know that is not the case.

I just listen to the music man, and if I dig it I dig it.  Some of you get so wrapped up in why Slash went to Axl's house, what Slash said about Axl, what Axl thinks about Slash..etc... all this girly gossip nonsense.  This isn't Perez Hilton's site is it?

I love how some people call Slash desperate.  Desperate for what exactly?  He has co-written and played on all of Guns N Roses most successful albums, including one of the most iconic hard rock records of all time.  His guitar work in  GNR will always be regarded as legendary as you see year in and year out as "Sweet Child" and "November Rain" continue to dominate guitar" best of" lists.  He went platinum with 2 other bands besides GNR, and just released one of the highest charting and critically acclaimed solo albums of the year.  Not to mention that anyone who is anyone in the music business want him to play on their records.  The guy has just made more money in the time it took me to type this than any of us will ever make in our lives.  What a desperate pathetic loser, you're right.  Oh and lets not forget that he cant leave the house without people asking him about Guns N Roses, more than 14 years after he quit.  Seems as though he is not really forgotten is he?  

Now I know what I just said is going to be wildly unpopular on this board, but it is all true.  I am not ripping on anyone in GNR or who used to be in GNR.  Those who think Slash is on the same level as Steven Adler when it comes to desperation are sorely mistaken.  Slash does not NEED Guns N Roses and Guns N Roses do not NEED Slash.  

Guns N Roses are great the way they are, and Slash is doing some really cool things lately too.   I don't understand why anyone would want to discredit the other.  It is a pet peeve of mine when someone completely discredits the huge amount that Slash contributed to the GNR legacy.  You just come off as an ungrateful prick.  I guess I am one of the very few lucky ones who is able to enjoy everything Guns N Roses are doing today without having to piss on 1985-1996.  Lucky me.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2010, 11:42:54 AM »

Some of you Slash fans are really angry that Axl is still on good terms with Robin. Because Axl knows why Robin did what he did. You just said yourself that Robin is not as well known as Slash because he chooses not to whore himself out under the GN'R brand.

So guess what, Robin needed to do something to make a living, it's normal. And this is not about Robin, but don't be angry because Axl still compliments Robin, and not your boy Slash.

jarmo is right, why do some of you come here if you crave a reunion. This board supports the current line-up, so why would you find joy, in visiting this pro GN'R site everyday.  hihi

Why would anyone give a flying fuck what Axl thinks of Robin? It's his business. And stop injecting that has-been into your every post. This thread has nothing to do with Robin.

Fuck 'Em All.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2010, 11:45:28 AM »

Why would anyone give a flying fuck what Axl thinks of Robin? It's his business. And stop injecting that has-been into your every post. This thread has nothing to do with Robin.

I never brought Robin into this, you did Genesis. You attacked the Finckster for no reason, and yes he does have more integrety than the guy who went on American Idol.  Shocked

You Slash fans are too funny.  rofl
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:49:50 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2010, 11:46:43 AM »

Look back at the thread you quoted, amigo. ok

Fuck 'Em All.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2010, 11:47:42 AM »

This is so fucking stupid.

What is a "Slash fan?"  If you are a Guns N Roses fan, you are also a Slash fan,.  Period. Unless the only GNR record you own is "Chinese Democracy", or you don't enjoy any of his playing on AFD or the Illusions and we all know that is not the case.

I just listen to the music man, and if I dig it I dig it.  Some of you get so wrapped up in why Slash went to Axl's house, what Slash said about Axl, what Axl thinks about Slash..etc... all this girly gossip nonsense.  This isn't Perez Hilton's site is it?

I love how some people call Slash desperate.  Desperate for what exactly?  He has co-written and played on all of Guns N Roses most successful albums, including one of the most iconic hard rock records of all time.  His guitar work in  GNR will always be regarded as legendary as you see year in and year out as "Sweet Child" and "November Rain" continue to dominate guitar" best of" lists.  He went platinum with 2 other bands besides GNR, and just released one of the highest charting and critically acclaimed solo albums of the year.  Not to mention that anyone who is anyone in the music business want him to play on their records.  The guy has just made more money in the time it took me to type this than any of us will ever make in our lives.  What a desperate pathetic loser, you're right.  Oh and lets not forget that he cant leave the house without people asking him about Guns N Roses, more than 14 years after he quit.  Seems as though he is not really forgotten is he?  

Now I know what I just said is going to be wildly unpopular on this board, but it is all true.  I am not ripping on anyone in GNR or who used to be in GNR.  Those who think Slash is on the same level as Steven Adler when it comes to desperation are sorely mistaken.  Slash does not NEED Guns N Roses and Guns N Roses do not NEED Slash.  

Guns N Roses are great the way they are, and Slash is doing some really cool things lately too.   I don't understand why anyone would want to discredit the other.  It is a pet peeve of mine when someone completely discredits the huge amount that Slash contributed to the GNR legacy.  You just come off as an ungrateful prick.  I guess I am one of the very few lucky ones who is able to enjoy everything Guns N Roses are doing today without having to piss on 1985-1996.  Lucky me.

I think this might actually be the most intelligent post on this subject.
I'm hardly a Slash fanboy, but for fuck's sake, some people are just pathetic.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2010, 11:53:08 AM »

At least we go some good discussion going here.

Slash did get voted 2nd best riff of the 21st century with Slither and another top 20 for By The Sword in a very big guitar magazine recently. so he has done very well.

Contraband sold great, won grammys. so he really doesn't need GNR.

and I don't agree that he "wants" to be in GNR. I Think he has made it very clear cause if he wanted to be, 1. he never would've left 2.he would've went back after he left when he had chances pre 2000.

I find it quite the conundrum for people who hate Slash, but yet, get fired up and head bang to his guitar parts everynight.

I appreciate them both and have never or will never pick sides. I support them both regardless.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2010, 11:56:18 AM »

You Slash fans are too funny.  rofl

I'm glad you're so easily amused. Do you always edit your posts after other people reply, like a 12yr old?

On topic:

There's no need to backup Slash's achievements. That's just ridiculous. As far as talking in the press goes, I think every ex-member has the right to speak their mind about any other. They worked together for a long time and know more about each other than any fan. Why fans take it so personally is beyond me.

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: