Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:04:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash Talks About Duff McKagan's Oct. 2010 Jam With Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Talks About Duff McKagan's Oct. 2010 Jam With Guns N' Roses  (Read 29029 times)
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2010, 11:59:45 AM »

Also... this is from Axl's mouth regarding why a reunion won't happen... "What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man."

Now, call me an idiot, but it sounds a hell of a lot to me like it was Slash who didn't want a reunion.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2010, 12:08:07 PM »

I love how some people call Slash desperate.  Desperate for what exactly?

Attention. To be seen. To have the right image. To be accepted.

I wouldn't call myself a Slash fan. I'm a GN'R fan. All eras of the band.

I don't exclude any releases based on who plays on it.

Unlike some who call themselves GN'R fans and piss on GN'R every chance they get because "their" guy chose to quit and hoped that the band would end.

Also... this is from Axl's mouth regarding why a reunion won't happen... "What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man."

Now, call me an idiot, but it sounds a hell of a lot to me like it was Slash who didn't want a reunion.

To me it sounds more like one guy made decisions in his life, and those decisions pretty much put an end to any chance of a reunion.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 12:10:39 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2010, 12:13:23 PM »

To me it sounds more like one guy made decisions in his life, and those decisions pretty much put an end to any chance of a reunion.

That's what I understood as well.

Fuck 'Em All.
RusselNash
Opening Act

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2010, 12:20:10 PM »

I think his image is what he truly plays on, hasn't changed that in years. People know him greatly because of his hat and hair and shades.

You are correct!, since 93' , he is selling his past..his image.. cos his "new" music is not good at all.. it's the same over and over again.

To me Slash post GNR is Slash Playing with Marta Sanchez and Paulina Rubio.

And to me Guns N Roses post Slash is Chinese Democracy.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2010, 12:21:10 PM »

I love how some people call Slash desperate.  Desperate for what exactly?

Attention. To be seen. To have the right image. To be accepted.

I wouldn't call myself a Slash fan. I'm a GN'R fan. All eras of the band.

I don't exclude any releases based on who plays on it.

Unlike some who call themselves GN'R fans and piss on GN'R every chance they get because "their" guy chose to quit and hoped that the band would end.

/jarmo

I agree that Slash likes to be seen, but I don't think he is "desperate" for it.  Desperate could be used to describe Steven Adler, getting every ounce of what he can out of a 23 year old record talking to anyone who will pretend to listen.  Slash is still considered an A-list musician working with all the top selling artists in the world.  He is very much in demand by all media outlets.  I think he loves the attention yes, but he is not begging for it.  They are coming to him.

When you say your are not a Slash fan, does that include his playing in GN'R or just him as an individual?  

I agree with what you said about "fans" who rip the current line up.  That makes as much sense to me as discrediting anything former members have done.  Makes no sense.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 12:23:25 PM by Bodhi » Logged
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2010, 12:21:56 PM »

You know what Genesis, apart from jarmo and maybe a few others I have seen GN'R the most times on this board. I support the current line up and to see people come on here day after day, and praise a guy who has had nothing good to say about GN'R for the past 13 years, it really makes me puzzled.

I mentioned Josh, Tobias as well as Robin and you chose to attack him, thus you bringing the attention on Robin.

I am not a Slash fan, but a GN'R fan. You guys seem to forget it wasn't just Slash who made Appetite, but 4 other talented guys, and Izzy had a big part in the music, just as much as Slash.

Axl has said on many accasions that there won't be a reunion, so why do people keep on trying to promote such a thing. Axl must have felt strongly enough about that statement, to say it in the online chats.

I have travelled to France, Portugal, Ireland, Scotland, Las Vegas, Toronto as well as cities in England to see GN'R. Some of you like to shout opinions out behind a computer, to people who have followed the band all around the globe. What I do know is, is that Axl proved to the world when he released Chinese Democracy. That he was the sole artistical influence during the early days, and that the idea of Guns N' Roses will always live through him and no one else.

How can anyone dispute that, when all that Slash had to offer Axl in 95, was Snakepit kind of material. The fact of the matter is, is that Axl and Slash are two different people today than they was in 87.

Some of the reunionists think that what happened in 1987 can be just as cool today, than it was back then. But it's not, which is what Bumble said on Eddie trunk in 2008. All the factors that created Appetite have beamed off in different directions, and if anything a reunion would ruin the 'Illusion' alot of you have.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 12:25:07 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2010, 12:28:45 PM »

There we go. The "I have seen GN'R X number of times and own X amount of GN'R memorabilia, so I'm a bigger fan and my opinion is better" talk. Heard it before, thanks.
Check back in this thread and see who starts the reunion talk. It's certainly not any of the people who post in this section. Of course, the moment something negative pops up, Slash and all his fans want a reunion.
It's getting old. Really.

The fact is some of us don't care about the politics. That may be incomprehensible to you.

Fuck 'Em All.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2010, 12:31:32 PM »

It wasn't Slash who bought the reunion thing up, either. It was the interviewer. You don't think he gets fed up with answering the same damn questions over and over again? Wink
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2010, 12:39:36 PM »

He didn't have to answer those questions, you know...

It's quite simple. I'm sure the interviewer could have asked about his personal life and issues with Perla, but I imagine Slash would rather not discuss it (or at least not in a deep level).

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2010, 12:41:35 PM »

It wasn't Slash who bought the reunion thing up, either. It was the interviewer. You don't think he gets fed up with answering the same damn questions over and over again? Wink

If he got fed up, he would say so.

But the guy doesn't want to annoy the media. He needs them on his side.

This is why some get positive reviews and praise, and others don't.

It's not always about quality. It's about ass kissing.....

I agree that Slash likes to be seen, but I don't think he is "desperate" for it.  Desperate could be used to describe Steven Adler, getting every ounce of what he can out of a 23 year old record talking to anyone who will pretend to listen.

There's obviously different levels of desperation, or need to be seen/noticed.

When you say your are not a Slash fan, does that include his playing in GN'R or just him as an individual?  

As I said, I like everything GN'R has done. I don't care who plays what note.

I like it all.

For example, I don't praise a drum track because I think one guy plays it only to realize somebody else does and then suddenly not like it as much...

I have enjoyed Snakepit and VR in the past. But when I went back to those albums after a while of not listening to them, they just didn't do anything to me.

Similar things have happened with many other albums. But never with GN'R.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2010, 12:43:06 PM »

Ah, but I think it's true that he is very image conscious. And refusing to answer questions would hurt his image, so no matter how annoyed he gets at being asked it, he will answer if only to not come across as a jerk. Because let's be honest... how many journalists think it's fair when an artist doesn't want to talk about a certain subject? Most of them just right about them being evasive, etc.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2010, 12:44:57 PM »

If he got fed up, he would say so.

But the guy doesn't want to annoy the media. He needs them on his side.

This is why some get positive reviews and praise, and others don't.

It's not always about quality. It's about ass kissing.....

/jarmo

See previous reply... I think that is exactly the reason why he won't say that he's fed up with certain questions.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2010, 12:54:30 PM »

Ah, but I think it's true that he is very image conscious. And refusing to answer questions would hurt his image, so no matter how annoyed he gets at being asked it, he will answer if only to not come across as a jerk. Because let's be honest... how many journalists think it's fair when an artist doesn't want to talk about a certain subject? Most of them just right about them being evasive, etc.
I'm a journalist (I write about tech) and when I ask about financial prospects, lots of people refuse to answer. And I'm cool with that, because it's my job to ask - they answer whatever they feel like. If an interview could do so much damage, he just don't have to give an interview at all.

Also, there's other ways to avoid some questions and still being polite. He could have said lots of things, like "yeah, that was cool". He didn't need to elaborate on the matter also.

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2010, 01:07:05 PM »

Be honest, though... if he refused to answer all questions about GN'R, there probably wouldn't be enough questions left to make up an interview. It's all they want to ask about. rofl
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2010, 01:21:07 PM »

Be honest, though... if he refused to answer all questions about GN'R, there probably wouldn't be enough questions left to make up an interview. It's all they want to ask about. rofl

I just had the opportunity to work with Slash last week, he was great.  In helping to come up with interview questions for him I tried to stick to VR and solo record stuff as that is what he is promoting.  I wanted to show him the proper respect and I also stayed away from any type of Axl related stuff that could have gone negative, out of respect to him and Axl.   We stayed away from the Duff/Axl questions. although Eddie Trunk went right after it later that day.  You would be surprised but we could have done a 3 hour interview with him without bringing up any type of Guns stuff.  He really does have an insane amount of projects going on.  There were a couple fan questions regarding GNR and he definitely took the high road, even though a few of the questions left the low road option wide open.

Oh and you are right, Guns N Roses reunion questions made up 99% of the fan submitted questions.  It is all that a lot of people want to ask about.  Its not just Slash though, its the first thing any of the former members of GNR get asked about.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 01:23:35 PM by Bodhi » Logged
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2010, 01:26:58 PM »

I just had the opportunity to work with Slash last week, he was great.  In helping to come up with interview questions for him I tried to stick to VR and solo record stuff as that is what he is promoting.  I wanted to show him the proper respect and I also stayed away from any type of Axl stuff that could have gone negative, out of respect to him and Axl.   We stayed away from the Duff/Axl questions. although Eddie Trunk went right after it later that day.  You would be surprised but we could have done a 3 hour interview with him without bringing up any type of Guns stuff.  He really does have an insane amount of projects going on.  There were a couple fan questions regarding GNR and he definitely took the high road, even though a few of the questions left the low road option wide open.

Oh and you are right, Guns N Roses reunion questions made up 99% of the fan submitted questions.  It is all that a lot of people want to ask about.  Its not just Slash though, its the first thing any of the former members of GNR get asked about.

You are also a fan. You knew what there was to talk about and actually prepared those questions. Whereas other people you can just tell that the Guns questions is pretty much all they've prepared... it's like "So, you've got a new album out.", "Yeah, it's really cool, I'm so proud of...", "That's enough of that, tell me about Axl!" (not literally of course, but haven't you seen more than your fair share of interviews with either Slash or Duff where you're just screaming, "They've just put a new record out, they're on tour, and they've got tons of interesting things to talk about... and all you want to ask about is a band they haven't been in for years!?!"

You can pretty much tell when the interviewer is an actual fan, as those are the ones that are interested in more than just what they think of Chinese Democracy.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2010, 01:40:32 PM »

I just had the opportunity to work with Slash last week, he was great.  In helping to come up with interview questions for him I tried to stick to VR and solo record stuff as that is what he is promoting.  I wanted to show him the proper respect and I also stayed away from any type of Axl stuff that could have gone negative, out of respect to him and Axl.   We stayed away from the Duff/Axl questions. although Eddie Trunk went right after it later that day.  You would be surprised but we could have done a 3 hour interview with him without bringing up any type of Guns stuff.  He really does have an insane amount of projects going on.  There were a couple fan questions regarding GNR and he definitely took the high road, even though a few of the questions left the low road option wide open.

You are also a fan. You knew what there was to talk about and actually prepared those questions. Whereas other people you can just tell that the Guns questions is pretty much all they've prepared... it's like "So, you've got a new album out.", "Yeah, it's really cool, I'm so proud of...", "That's enough of that, tell me about Axl!" (not literally of course, but haven't you seen more than your fair share of interviews with either Slash or Duff where you're just screaming, "They've just put a new record out, they're on tour, and they've got tons of interesting things to talk about... and all you want to ask about is a band they haven't been in for years!?!"

You can pretty much tell when the interviewer is an actual fan, as those are the ones that are interested in more than just what they think of Chinese Democracy.

yeah definitely.  It was way easier for someone like me to put together questions cause I know what the diehards want to know, and I know what questions he would answer and which ones he wouldnt.  You are right I have seen a huge amount of interviews that could have taken place anywhere between 1997 and 2010, you would never know because they are all the same GNR related questions.  I also think that the interviewer always wants to be the "one" to get him to say something ridiculous. 
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2010, 03:04:46 PM »

Urgh. These topics always end up being too complicated to keep a track of. It always turns into the evil 'Slash fans' (who are apparently some virus-like cult that exist on this board) trying to 'discredit' the current band. Who here is trying to discredit the current band? Why does the fact that Slash went to Axl's house drunk in like, 2005, get brought up? How do any of us know what Slash really wants? Why do some people seem obsessed with the idea that there's some sort of divide between people who support Slash and fans of the current GNR? Supporting Slash doth not equal being a GNR hater. Some people need to cool down and realise that.

Maybe Slash does like media and fan attention (I don't know because I'm not a mind-reader). So what? Good for him. Why shouldn't he? Because of someone else's ideas of how he should behave?

Whatever, I doubt anyone's opinions are going to change from looking at this thread......

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2010, 03:32:40 PM »

Hey Jarmo. What if Axl left GNR and got replaced with someone? Would you still not care?  hihi
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2010, 04:33:30 PM »

basically it was for avoiding this situation that he kept the name...

imagine : 1995, Slash & co won, they kept the name, and continued Guns N'Roses on their own terms with...who knows as a singer...
and you'll have slither on chinese democracy  crying

hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: