Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:14:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dj Ashba Is 'Really Excited' About Working On Follow-Up To 'Chinese Democracy'
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dj Ashba Is 'Really Excited' About Working On Follow-Up To 'Chinese Democracy'  (Read 26092 times)
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2010, 02:11:56 PM »

We are probably 2 years away at least. They are still kicking around ideas and with all the touring Guns have been doing, they have a lot of studio time they need to put in. I really can't wait... I really can't.

Release the next batch of big guns whilst they kick around some more ideas. At least that would take the pressure off.

Here today...ready to rock
RusselNash
Opening Act

« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2010, 02:20:57 PM »

soon is the word.... Wink Wink Grin

Axl in 2002: "i don't know if soon is the word.."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oz4VqyQASI.     -   min 9:50

bird is the word.

I really hope that this time nothing leaks, i want the album fresh new when it come out.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2010, 04:26:38 PM »

I'm hoping this US tour in Feb comes to fruition. I'm really hoping that dates start to pop up and so on kinda like Asia did last year.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2010, 07:44:03 PM »

IF they are doing a Feb tour, they have to announce it very soon cause of tickets etc.

I'd imagine maybe in Feb they start PLANNING a US tour and it take shape early Spring. that seems more realistic to me.

and once again, till Axl says it, I'm not getting 100 percent hopes up.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2010, 11:10:34 AM »

I think the US tour will work pretty much like the Asian/Canadian tour. They'll do some gigs down under and then head for a early-2011 US tour. I guess there's still plenty of time to set that up.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2010, 04:32:20 PM »

From Ron Thal:

Bumblefoot ‎(Just don't want ya getting frustrated if a GNR album doesn't happen quick...)

Bumblefoot << another GnR album.. >> We've yet to get in a room and write as a band - know DJ mentioned something about a new album, but don't want y'all expecting anything soon - other than old unreleased Chi Dem songs, songs need to be written, jammed, recorded, tweaked, re-worked, re-recorded, mixed, re-mixed, mastered, re-mastered, art, new art, label approval, a game plan from the label that Ax approves.... not as simple when it's on such a big scale...

17 hours ago

Thanks Chinese...good choice

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2010, 08:08:14 PM »

Sounds like Thal has a much more realistic view than a lot of other people around here. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2010, 08:41:05 PM »

Sounds like Thal has a much more realistic view than a lot of other people around here. 

Yeah, it will be great when it happens, but will take some time.  yes

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2010, 11:49:12 PM »

Ron and Dj have different ways of looking at it.  Dj didn't put a time frame on the release, but said this regarding a new album:

Dj: "We're talking about that right now," he said. "We've been throwing around a bunch of ideas and it should be good, man. We've got a lot of good stuff on the plate coming out. It won't take as long, I promise. Yeah, I'm excited to get this next one rolling. A lot of great shit. Axl [Rose, vocals] has a lot of good shit up his sleeve, so I'm really excited about it."

And Ron is a little more conservative:

Ron: We've yet to get in a room and write as a band - know DJ mentioned something about a new album, but don't want y'all expecting anything soon - other than old unreleased Chi Dem songs, songs need to be written, jammed, recorded, tweaked, re-worked, re-recorded, mixed, re-mixed, mastered, re-mastered, art, new art, label approval, a game plan from the label that Ax approves.... not as simple when it's on such a big scale...

cineater
Legend

« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2010, 08:26:14 AM »

Ah geez, poor DJ.  I hope he doesn't quit talking over this. 

Positive point, we have opinions.  Grin  We our passionate about this band.

Yeah but this is how we are.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2010, 08:27:29 AM »

They're two different things really.  I think people were just jumping to conclusions and making their own assumptions, thus the confusion.  Ron himself has even intimated that there were leftover songs that he has done some work on, as have Axl, Richard, etc.  That's basically what DJ confirmed with his comments.  He never said they had been writing new stuff while out on the road and they plan on getting it out by years end or anything like that.  He said Axl's got some great stuff, and it won't take "as long" for it to come out.  Quite vague if you ask me.  We all know how long it took for CD to come out.  Even if this one takes half the time, it's still a long time.  Settle down people.  Let's not make this into more than it is.

How about that impending US tour?  Let's take care of that first, shall we?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2010, 08:39:48 AM »

Ron and Dj have different ways of looking at it.  Dj didn't put a time frame on the release, but said this regarding a new album:

Dj: "We're talking about that right now," he said. "We've been throwing around a bunch of ideas and it should be good, man. We've got a lot of good stuff on the plate coming out. It won't take as long, I promise. Yeah, I'm excited to get this next one rolling. A lot of great shit. Axl [Rose, vocals] has a lot of good shit up his sleeve, so I'm really excited about it."

And Ron is a little more conservative:

Ron: We've yet to get in a room and write as a band - know DJ mentioned something about a new album, but don't want y'all expecting anything soon - other than old unreleased Chi Dem songs, songs need to be written, jammed, recorded, tweaked, re-worked, re-recorded, mixed, re-mixed, mastered, re-mastered, art, new art, label approval, a game plan from the label that Ax approves.... not as simple when it's on such a big scale...

I think this down to DJ being the new guy in GN'R, and maybe wants to make everyone excited an happy. And also in his defence, he probably isn't aware of the waiting and the traditional speculating from GN'R fans.

Where as Ron, has seen this since 2006. And Ron probably thinks back to some of the things he said in his early days, in which fans jumped on and made their own judgements on. Ron knows better than DJ, how we GN'R fans get overly excited about just about anything positive sounding. And fair play to Ron, he came out and gave us the true situation if you like.

But it's not DJs fault, he is just like Ron was in 2006, not aware of us crazy GN'R fans.  Grin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2010, 10:25:49 AM »

Both are right.

Dj is excited about the idea of a new album.

That made some people to jump to conclusions and "expect" an album soon.

Bumble just made sure people don't start the "waiting game" and then get pissed at Dj/the band if there's no new album in the shops within a few months!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2010, 10:46:02 AM »

So based on Ron's comments "don't want y'all expecting anything soon - other than old unreleased Chi Dem songs", it is reasonable to expect some songs that did not make Chinese Democracy in the near future?

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2010, 11:34:49 AM »

Both are right.

Bumble just made sure people don't start the "waiting game" and then get pissed at Dj/the band if there's no new album in the shops within a few months!

I think that's exactly it.  Dj is enthusiastic about a new album and Ron is just reminding everyone that these things take time.

John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2010, 11:49:42 AM »

So based on Ron's comments "don't want y'all expecting anything soon - other than old unreleased Chi Dem songs", it is reasonable to expect some songs that did not make Chinese Democracy in the near future?

No, you misread.

He's saying that new tracks would have to start at the very beginning of that long process, but the songs that didnt make it to Chi Dem are a little further down the line in terms of production.

BBF isnt saying that the older tracks will be released separately or earlier.

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2010, 01:02:47 PM »

Both are right.

Bumble just made sure people don't start the "waiting game" and then get pissed at Dj/the band if there's no new album in the shops within a few months

/jarmo

this. ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2010, 01:44:17 PM »

I think it would be awesome if GNR would put out a Deluxe Chinese Democracy with maybe demos, a DVD of one of their shows from this tour and maybe stick a couple new songs on there, the new artwork/booklet etc.

Release that with a new single/video to coincide with a US Tour. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2010, 02:25:23 PM »

I think it would be awesome if GNR would put out a Deluxe Chinese Democracy with maybe demos, a DVD of one of their shows from this tour and maybe stick a couple new songs on there, the new artwork/booklet etc.

Release that with a new single/video to coincide with a US Tour. ok

I think it would be awesome if GNR played my living room.

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
bluedevil2179
Headliner

« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2010, 03:44:48 PM »

This news has got Guns N' Roses #1 on yahoo's trending now  ok
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: