Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:14:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227782 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NCAA College Basketball | 2010-11
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NCAA College Basketball | 2010-11  (Read 40131 times)
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 09:57:45 AM »

Props to my Louisville Cardinals for topping #5 UConn in double-OT yesterday.  We never seem to beat the Huskies when they have a good team, so to get this win on the road with all our injuries is sweetness.

Peyton Siva is starting to turn it on.  Couldn't have come at a better time.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 10:29:41 AM »

Props to my Louisville Cardinals for topping #5 UConn in double-OT yesterday.  We never seem to beat the Huskies when they have a good team, so to get this win on the road with all our injuries is sweetness.

Peyton Siva is starting to turn it on.  Couldn't have come at a better time.
Yeah that was a tough loss for UConn.  They pretty much controlled the first 35 minutes of the game.  Then Louisville turned it on down the stretch.  They played some great defense the whole time though, the Huskies could never get into a flow on offense.  I do think UConn is a better team, especially with Louisville undermanned, but they just didn't show it yesterday.  I was just getting excited about this UConn team too.  Not that this is a sign of bad things to come or anything.  Louisville is obviously a really good team and any game in the Big East is going to be a battle.  Kemba Walker has hit a bit of a snag the last few games.  His shooting has gone cold.  Luckily the freshman have picked it up.  Roscoe Smith has been solid, though he was a bit absent yesterday.  Jeremy Lamb has been real good of late, though he disappeared in the second half yesterday.  And Shabazz Napier was great yesterday, but he'll still throw up shots that make you scream at the TV.  I'm hoping for an 11-7 or hopefully 12-6 finish in league play.  The Huskies have an impressive non-conference resume, so they just have to do well enough in league play to secure a decent seed in March.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 03:24:12 PM »

I only got to see highlights of the game, so I'm mostly unaware of either side's performance aside from what little I saw.  But, UConn is a great team.  Kemba Walker is a beast this year.  I believe they'll be a tough team to deal with in March, ala the Maui.

As for Louisville, I just hope we get our guys back by then.  These injuries are getting ridiculous.  The bug needs to attack another team, like DePaul for instance.  ok

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 12:28:04 AM »

im having these hilarious huge arguments with fellow UK fans, cause they get completely pissed at me when i tell them how much better of a coach Rick is then calipari.

is it even a debate?

look what Rick is doing this season? This could be his finest coaching job.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 04:06:55 PM »

I agree.

An ESPN writer said he needs to be in serious consideration for Coach of the Year.  If things keep going the way they're going, I completely agree.

After losing Sosa, Smith, Samuels, and Delk -- the team left behind were presumed roadkill for this season.  And although I was one of the few who said we'd be better after getting rid of the aforementioned, I never thought we'd be sitting alone at #2 in the Big East at this point of the season.

Lots of time for things to change and others to get injured(ed), but these kids are focused and playing hard right now.

Viva Siva  beer

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 05:13:24 PM »

Louisville nets it's 7th straight win over Syracuse.  Wow.

Great win.  Now the OT heartbreaker to Notre Dame doesn't sting so bad.

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2011, 10:10:39 AM »

This year's Big East tournament is absolutely nuts.  Cannot wait for the Championship game tonight.

peace

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2011, 10:24:56 AM »

This year's Big East tournament is absolutely nuts.  Cannot wait for the Championship game tonight.

peace
Should be a good one.  UConn's run has been amazing and completely unexpected, to me at least.  When they finished 9-9 in conference play and dropped 3 of their last 4 in the regular season I was thinking they'd be a 7 seed and get bounced in the first round of the NCAA tourney.  Now they've beaten the #4 and #11 team in back to back days.  I think they've played themselves into a 3 seed regardless of what happens tonight.  I worry a little about the effect of playing 5 games in 5 days going into next week, but this run has been worth it so far.  Hopefully they've got a little more magic left in them.  Louisville has had our number this year and in the past few years as well.  UConn has yet to lose a true "tournament" game so far this season, for whatever that's worth.  And it goes without saying, but Kemba has been fantastic the past 4 days.  Louisville did a number on Hansbrough last night, we'll see if they can do the same to Kemba tonight. 

U-Connnnnn!!!
Hus-kieeees!!!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2011, 10:56:59 AM »

Yea, its gonna be interesting, no doubt.  Seeing how the last two games between the two teams have gone, and seeing the Huskies playing 5 games in 5 days, if they beat us tonight they definitely deserve the title.

Good luck to both teams.  Hope my Cards can pull this one out.  What a sweet ending it would be to what was supposed to be a bridge year.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2011, 11:09:45 AM »

Yea, its gonna be interesting, no doubt.  Seeing how the last two games between the two teams have gone, and seeing the Huskies playing 5 games in 5 days, if they beat us tonight they definitely deserve the title.

Good luck to both teams.  Hope my Cards can pull this one out.  What a sweet ending it would be to what was supposed to be a bridge year.
True, both team exceeded expectations this year.  UConn was picked to finish 10th in the Big East.  And I realize they DID finish 9th, but I don't think anyone expected the Big East to be as good as it was or for the Huskies to have such an impressive out of conference showing.  Kemba is a special player and gives them a legit shot this year, but I think the team will be better in 2 years when the current freshmen/sophomores are upper classmen.  Napier, Lamb, R. Smith, Oriakhi, Coombs-McDaniel, plus Ryan Boatright coming in next year and possibly Andre Drummond the year after that.  THAT team could be special.

Edit - Looks like Louisville is in the mix for Drummond as well, the #1 rated player for the 2012 class.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:20:14 AM by faldor » Logged

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2011, 12:52:51 PM »

Had to snap out of the memorization I was stuck in on your thumbnail.

Good luck tonight.  I think we'll see a great game.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2011, 04:26:38 PM »

Same to your Cardinals.  Let's hope for another great one.  The 2 semi-final games from last night will be tough to top.

I know the REAL tournament starts next week, but there's just something special about the Big East tournament, more than with other conference tourneys in my opinion.

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2011, 11:19:12 PM »

Same to your Cardinals.  Let's hope for another great one.  The 2 semi-final games from last night will be tough to top.

I know the REAL tournament starts next week, but there's just something special about the Big East tournament, more than with other conference tourneys in my opinion.

I agree.  This tournament is second only to the NCAA.

Congratulations, Faldor.  Your team deserves this Championship.  What an unbelievable run to pull this off.  UConn are the Big East Kings.

ok

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2011, 04:08:21 PM »

damn exciting game last night. Uconn pulled it out though. Congrats Fador.

UK took home SEC title today!!!

I created back our NCAA Tourney bracket for those interested in taking back on GNRevolution

yahoo.com
LeagueID: 71561
Password: axlrose

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2011, 12:26:34 AM »

damn exciting game last night. Uconn pulled it out though. Congrats Fador.

UK took home SEC title today!!!

I created back our NCAA Tourney bracket for those interested in taking back on GNRevolution

yahoo.com
LeagueID: 71561
Password: axlrose
Yeah that was a nice win.  What an exciting run by UConn.  I just hope the 5 games in 5 days doesn't take its toll on them next week in the tourney.  Another great game.  This was some Championship Week.  Great games all around, lots of buzzer beaters.  Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Hey D, how does Florida get a 2 seed and UK get a 4?  Am I missing something?  I haven't really looked closely at the numbers, but that doesn't seem right to me.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 05:21:33 AM »

oh trust me, we are all pissed off UK fans. we beat  Florida twice

I guess where we had such a shitty road record. only thing i can think of. i thoguht we shoulda go a 3.

im more pissed Louisville got a 4 seed. finished top 4 in big East, made it to conference final......

Ohio St got the shaft. nice reward for winning the number 1 overall seed meanwhile fucking PUKE get another easy bracket.

conspiracy.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2011, 02:40:16 PM »

Hey, I'm a Virginia Tech alum. At least UK got in the damn tournament.  Huh

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2011, 07:11:49 PM »

oh trust me, we are all pissed off UK fans. we beat  Florida twice

I guess where we had such a shitty road record. only thing i can think of. i thoguht we shoulda go a 3.

im more pissed Louisville got a 4 seed. finished top 4 in big East, made it to conference final......

Ohio St got the shaft. nice reward for winning the number 1 overall seed meanwhile fucking PUKE get another easy bracket.

conspiracy.

Possibly the most difficult job in sports = being a committee member that has to seed the March madness field! 

But...San Diego St. a #2?  They were 1-3 vs. ranked teams.  (1-2 vs. BYU)  (also lost to Gonzaga)

The Big East is the best conference hands-down bar-none.

I can't wait for the madness!!!   yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2011, 01:29:08 AM »

I was thinking of picking San Diego St. as a "surprise" final four pick before the brackets were announced.  Then they ended up in UConn's path.  Though I still might.  I'm not certain how UConn will play after last week, and San Diego St. would be playing pretty close to home.  I hate picking against my team when they're good, but they could lose the first game or win it all.  Which can be said, for many teams this year.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2011, 12:37:05 PM »

Ridiculously good first day of the tourney, yesterday.  SOOO many good games (even if many of the winners were chalk).

Go Moorehead St!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: