Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:55:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227810 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash's Next Album To Feature Myles Kennedy Handling All Vocals; May 22nd
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash's Next Album To Feature Myles Kennedy Handling All Vocals; May 22nd  (Read 94819 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: November 21, 2010, 12:11:18 PM »

SLASH's Next Album To Feature MYLES KENNEDY Handling All Vocals Nov. 21, 2010

According to SundayMercury.net, Slash's (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) next solo album will feature ALTER BRIDGE frontman Myles Kennedy handling all the vocals.

Kennedy has served as Slash's touring vocalist for the past several months, leading to speculation that the guitarist may try to recruit Kennedy to front VELVET REVOLVER ? which is something that Slash has denied. "[Myles] is still committed to ALTER BRIDGE," Slash told BostonHerald.com. "I don't want to be the guy responsible for breaking up a band. But we'll find someone. Maybe not somebody known, but some kind of local hero."

Kennedy had actually been approached to sing for VELVET REVOLVER back in the early days of the group, and again after they parted ways with Scott Weiland, but turned down the offer both times.

Slash told The Pulse of Radio that Kennedy will still tour with the guitarist next year, even though ALTER BRIDGE's new album has just been released. "We have it set up so that he does ALTER BRIDGE 'til January," he said. "And then we start up January through May or April. And then he does ALTER BRIDGE from May through ? into July, and then we do July through August, September. And so we're just juggling. And then during those periods that we're off, I'm doing VELVET REVOLVER and hopefully we'll find a singer and get that together."

When asked about his collaboration with BLACK EYED PEAS singer Fergie (a.k.a. Stacy Ann Ferguson) on his recently released first true solo album, simply entitled "Slash", Slash told SundayMercury.net, "To many people, Fergie wasn't an obvious choice for me to work with. But, you see, I just knew she had a dynamite rock and roll voice. I'd heard her doing a rock medley at a BLACK EYED PEAS gig, and she was belting out the lyrics. I thought: Hell, yeah! After that I did a bunch of gigs with BLACK EYED PEAS. They were including [GUNS N' ROSES'] 'Sweet Child O' Mine' in the set, and you should have heard her sing that. I think she's the best woman rock and roll singer I've heard in the last 20 years."

Professionally filmed video footage of Slash's (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) performance at this year's Summer Sonic festival ? which was held August 7-8, 2010 in Tokyo and Osaka, Japan ? can be viewed below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=149727
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:52:44 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 03:21:59 PM »

Slash say in this interview the album will be released early next year.

Slash New Album Is Coming

Mar 1, 2011

Slash reveals he's working on a follow-up solo album to his 2010 debut and who will be the singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86AmheRIZGQ

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 01:02:39 PM »

Slash was interviewed backstage at Melbourne's Soundwave Festival.  He says the album with Myles will be recorded using the current touring band and will be together by December.

Slash Says New Solo Album Could Be Out In December

7 March, 2011

Legendary guitarist Slash told Triple M?s Higgo backstage at Melbourne?s Soundwave Festival that fans can expect his next solo album to be out as early as December.

Watch Higgo?s interview with Slash!

In between Slash and Higgo bumping heads about their iPhone/Blackberry rivalry and Slash grabbing Higgo?s phone to play ?Slayer pinball?, the former Guns N? Roses guitarist managed to confirm that his touring band ? including Alter Bridge singer Myles Kennedy ? would record the whole album.

Unlike his self-titled 2010 solo release, Slash said there would be no special guest collaborations.

?That was just that one-off record where I wanted to just work with a bunch of people,? Slash told Triple M.

?I did so much session work so I had to get it out of my system, now I?ve got it out of my system, so now I?m going to go and just do a regular record.?

Slash said that most of the writing for the upcoming album would be done on the road.

?When we get done with this (Soundwave tour), he (Kennedy) goes to (tour with) Alter Bridge then when he gets done with Alter Bridge, we go out on the road again,? Slash said.

?And in the meantime we?re just writing individually and then we just compile everything, at some point in December we?ll have everything together.?

How pumped are you for Slash?s next album?

Video interview: http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/music/news/blog/slash-says-new-solo-album-could-be-out-in-december/20110307-blu0.html

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 11:05:02 AM »

Is VR done or what?  Huh

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 11:23:51 AM »

Is VR done or what?  Huh

That's what we all would like to know, and I think what Slash is doing is really disrespectful to Duff, Matt and Dave. I know that Duff has Loaded, and Matt has Camp Freddie. But that's besides the point because we all know the if Slash told all the guys, VR are going to tour in 2 months time, they will make it happen no problem.

But Slash is the one holding everything up at the moment, due to his new found love for Myles.  Shocked

And it seems like Slash is the one holding all the cards, and he is not consulting anyone as to what he's doing. I doubt he told the rest of VR a couple of months ago, that he plans to hold VR off until at least another year, because he is making yet another solo album with Myles.

What's happening is, from Slash's actions the rest of VR are guessing and making up their own minds as to where things are. Look at that interview a few weeks ago with Matt, he didn't know if he was coming or going, the poor guy.  hihi
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 11:26:06 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 11:44:25 AM »

The only reason I'm not too stoked about this is because I thought the 2 Myles Tracks were some of the weakest on the album, not as bad as "Ghost" or "Were all Gonna Die" but pretty close.  I dont feel like they are reinventing the wheel at all at this point.  It would have been interesting to see something with Corey Taylor because I enjoy the fusion between genre's.  Unless its a rap/rock combo which i fucking loathe.  I dont know, this has the potential to be pretty boring.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 11:54:45 AM »

The only reason I'm not too stoked about this is because I thought the 2 Myles Tracks were some of the weakest on the album, not as bad as "Ghost" or "Were all Gonna Die" but pretty close.  I dont feel like they are reinventing the wheel at all at this point.  It would have been interesting to see something with Corey Taylor because I enjoy the fusion between genre's.  Unless its a rap/rock combo which i fucking loathe.  I dont know, this has the potential to be pretty boring.

I agree, this doesn't seem like it's going to kick ass, more like something that's new to listen to for a few days.

And what worries me is Slash needs to make sure that he's not using his best ideas for his solo work. Half of the songs from his last album, would have rocked under the VR banner.

And am I missing something, but what is so special about Myles Kennedy?. The guy has a good standard rock voice, nothing special really. I think what appeals to Slash about him is that he knows he can commit to touring, and won't let Slash down.

Slash as the leader of VR in an aspect is disrespecting all of the VR fans. Imagine if you was a VR diehard like some people are on the VR forum, and you see this happening. No singer announced still, no sign of any progress, and the lead guitarist and the face of VR off fucking around with Myles Kennedy.  rofl

I would go loopy.  hihi
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 12:31:36 PM »

I guess I'm the only one that feels this way, but didn't it seem VR was kind of going through the motions towards the end there? I don't see the need to rush back into VR, it's there if they want to revisit it down the road as long as they are alive.

I think it's far more exciting that it will essentially be a whole new band/project. The fact that Slash was able to make a great rock n' roll record with singers as totally inept as Kid Rock and Adam Levine leads me to believe he's capable of making another one, with a talent like Myles. I'm not totally floored with all his lyrics, but he's certainly not limited vocally. Who knows, maybe it will suck, but I'm not losing any sleep over the lack of new VR material.

Not sure I want to hear Slash "reinvent the wheel". I think he's at his best when he sticks to his guns, which is rock n roll. Who is reinventing the wheel these days, anyway? Not much left to be done, but rock n roll will never sound old to my ears, and by my count, there isn't a true rock n roll band out there today.

With Scott being gone, they are never going to be able to please VR fans anyway, they shouldn't expend much energy on that. I don't know why they are even contemplating inviting the headache that will come with all of the future comparisons to Weiland. It's hardly even fair to the new guy. Granted VR gave false hope with all the updates on a singer search, but when you lose your frontman/songwriter, fans shouldn't be too shocked that the band is on life support.

I would be interested in hearing Corey with Slash, but sure don't see that as a sure fire solution to appease the majority of fans. If you told me 10 years ago that Slash would be starting a band with the lead singer of Slipknot, I'd probably have ripped my ears off and flushed em down the toilet. I'm more open minded now, but it still doesn't strike me as a collaboration that needs to happen. Myles style seems a more seamless fit with Slash's, and the solo album doesn't come with all of the baggage that VR does.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 01:27:29 PM »

VR does come with a lot of baggage and if the next incarnation of VR fails everyone here blaming Slash for holding VR up will then blame him for the fail. And I would not be to sure that Duff would drop everything in a heart beat either. He is very committed to Loaded and his other projects. He said in an interview this week that there is no hurry for VR. Slash wants to work with Myles and it has become apparant he is not going to let anything get in the way of making that happen. I am not any happier about it than some other people here but thats the way is.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 03:33:50 PM »

You almost get the feeling that Slash is just trying to avoid the VR situation.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 03:37:08 PM »

You almost get the feeling that Slash is just trying to avoid the VR situation.

Exactly, that's how I feel.

Every time he has to talk about it because he is asked, it comes across like it's a big burden to him personally.  Tongue
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 10:53:44 PM »

Good news to me.  Myles is a great singer. I consider this band with Slash, Myles, and Todd to be about equal to VR.  Much less baggage and ego too.   VR with Corey would be cool, but it doesn't seem to be happening at the moment. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 01:55:23 PM »

Alter Bridge's Myles Kennedy responds to Salt Lake Tribune questions

Published on Apr 6, 2011

1. How does performing as a member of Alter Bridge differ from the last time you were here, performing with Slash back in January?

Musically, Alter Bridge and Slash are very different. With Slash it's more blues based, straight up Rock and Roll. With AB, it's got more of a Modern Rock and Metal vibe. Besides singing I also play guitar for most of the set with AB while with Slash I only play on a couple of songs. Between both entities I get to stretch myself in very different directions.

2. Besides being in Alter Bridge, do you have solo and Slash projects upcoming? How do you balance your time wearing "many hats"?

Yes. I have a Solo record that I recorded back in late 2009. I just need to finish the vocals and find a time when I can get it released. I am currently writing a record with Slash as well. We are talking about trying to record it very soon. Sometimes the biggest challenge is finding time for everything. I have basically been working non stop since September of 2009 with little time off. I hope that doesn't come across as if I am complaining because I love being an artist. I consider myself very fortunate to have all of these incredible opportunities.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsburger/51577593-53/songs-record-slash-alter.html.csp

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 12:29:19 PM »

Apparently Slash says he's already working on 20 songs with Myles.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 12:47:51 PM »

Jesus, lets talk shit and condemn an album before we even hear it...

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 04:43:24 PM »

Jesus, lets talk shit and condemn an album before we even hear it...

its not that we havent heard it.  The Myles Kennedy songs were 2 of the weaker ones on the record besides the Iggy Pop and Ian tracks, why would we want 14 more of them?
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 06:29:30 PM »

I liked both of the Myles tracks. Especially BFC.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 08:12:59 PM »

I thought both songs were amazing

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 08:30:17 PM »

its not that we havent heard it.  The Myles Kennedy songs were 2 of the weaker ones on the record besides the Iggy Pop and Ian tracks, why would we want 14 more of them?

Wasn't a fan of the Kennedy tracks either but dug the Iggy Pop and Ian Astbury tracks, thought the Astbury song was just flat out blistering - a great album opener.

Not looking too forward to the next release with Kennedy, not a fan of his voice or delivery..

Just my opinion of course.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 09:42:52 PM »

Let's not forget, the songs that Myles contributed to for the solo album, were probably close to finished by Slash already.
Whereas Slash and Myles are now working together after being on the road for however long it has been now, and collaborating on music right from the start.
And, they have a proper backing band too, not just session musos playing on there like the Slash album.

I think that could result in some quite inspired music. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: