Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:26:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash's Next Album To Feature Myles Kennedy Handling All Vocals; May 22nd
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash's Next Album To Feature Myles Kennedy Handling All Vocals; May 22nd  (Read 94894 times)
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #180 on: February 29, 2012, 10:28:58 PM »

Guitarist Slash says his new album Apocalyptic Love is so rock rock-friendly radio stations will not play it

February 28, 2012

BRACE yourself for the bad news. Slash, one of the world's greatest living guitarists, has made a new record so rock that rock stations probably won't play it.

As fans and industry insiders were given a world exclusive preview of his Apocalyptic Love album at Triple M headquarters this week, there were suggestions the Australian guitar-friendly station won't be adding its songs to their playlist.

"Here in Australia it seems to have been welcomed but in the States there are two speeds - what used to be alternative rock, which is now mainstream rock, and classic rock. There's no in-between," Slash said.

Hard rock fans turned out last weekend for the Soundwave Festival at the Sydney Showgrounds where Slash played with Alter Bridge.

Seeing more than 50,000 black T-shirted and tattooed fans confirmed Slash's faith even as the music industry seems increasingly disinterested in signing new rock acts.

"The more alienated rock becomes, the more I feel I really have to hold the flag," he said.

"I know there's going to be a creative revolution where playing stuff from the heart is going to end up being more important than the cookie cutter commercial stuff.

"This is the time to really stick to your guns."

Video interview: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/guitarist-slash-says-his-new-album-apocalyptic-love-is-so-rock-rock-friendly-radio-stations-will-not-play-it/story-e6frewz0-1226284450017

Slash Army‏@SlashArmyReply
Retweet

Favorite
? Open

You're a lie #1 most added song at rock radio http://slashonline.com/2012/02/29/youre-a-lie-1-most-added-song-at-rock-radio/

sounds like that was a lie  hihi
janne
Opening Act

« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2012, 03:26:48 AM »

I'm so excited about that album. I think that Myles Kennedy's songs were amazing on Slash's first solo album. Then I was blown away when I heard their playing live. That was the first time for a very, very long time when I found that something special that is on four first GNR records. And now this happens. ok ok
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2012, 07:43:56 PM »

Slash talks about the new album while in Australia...

News.com.au: There's a certain feel to the album -- a touch of the gunners to it, would that be fair in saying?

Slash: No. I mean all things considered, I think the only possible similarity is the fact that I'm playing on it, and I played in that band as well [laughs].

Video interview here: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/why-slash-is-burning-with-anger/story-e6frfn09-1226284458263

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #183 on: March 02, 2012, 10:04:16 AM »

SLASH's 'Apocalyptic Love' Song Is 'Earth-Shattering,' Says Bassist TODD KERNS - Mar. 2, 2012

Iconic, Grammy-winning rock guitarist and songwriter Slash will release his second solo album, "Apocalyptic Love", on May 22 via Slash's own label Dik Hayd International distributed through EMI. To reflect singer Myles Kennedy's (ALTER BRIDGE) increased contributions to the new CD, "Apocalyptic Love" is being made available under the name "Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the CONSPIRATORS." The disc will follow Slash's 2010 debut album, "Slash", and his November 2011 first-ever live solo album, the two-CD/DVD set "Made In Stoke 24/7/11". Notably, the "Slash" album debuted on The Billboard 200 chart at #3 (#1 on the Rock chart, #1 on the Independent chart, and #1 on the Hard Music chart). Digitally, the album also became the #1 overall digital album and hit #1 on iTunes in 13 countries. Internationally, the disc achieved Top 5 chart positions in over a dozen major territories, hitting #1 in both Japan and New Zealand.

In the U.K., "Apocalyptic Love" will be released on May 21 in exclusive Classic Rock Fan Pack form ? providing a unique collectable package containing the studio album with bonus tracks alongside a specially created magazine with unseen behind-the-scenes content put together by Classic Rock. The Fan Pack format will also come with free gifts, including a pin badge and artwork poster and will be available to buy via more than 2000 retail outlets on newsstands nationally as well as the traditional high street and online music retailers. Roadrunner Records will simultaneously release the record digitally. The standard physical release of the Slash album will follow through Roadrunner Records on June 18.

For the new album, Slash ? along with and his bandmates Myles Kennedy (vocals), Brent Fitz (drums) and Todd Kerns (bass) ? teamed with producer Eric Valentine, who also produced the "Slash" disc. All the songs were written together by Slash and Kennedy, and cameras have been rolling throughout the entire making of the album.

Commented Kerns on his official blog: "A few weeks back we finished recording the new Slash album that has since been titled 'Apocalyptic Love' after the lead-off track, which is earth-shattering!

"We finished up recording at Barefoot Recording with [producer] Eric Valentine and the very next day we were shooting an in the studio performance for Mativision. We performed all 13 songs from 'Apocalyptic Love' for the Mativision cameras. The cool thing is that while watching it on your computer, you'll be able to select what you wanna look at and switch around 360 degrees all over the place. It is totally mind-blowing. Crazy. I have no idea what format that's coming out in, but it is to be part of some fancy release of the album.

"In the CONSPIRATORS, we have a new face in the fold. Our brother in arms of the past couple of years, Bobby Schneck [guitar], has moved on and I wish him all the best in the world. Bobby is an amazing guy, a great talent and a great friend.

"The newest Conspirator is none other than Frankie Sidoris. Look out! We got some young blood in the band. Gonna have to step up my game now! Frankie comes from Las Vegas' own THE CAB. Fitz and I jammed with a lot of people to find this kid and he's gonna be a monster. In the future when you're all clamouring about how wonderful Frankie is, remember it was us who found him!"

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170545

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #184 on: March 02, 2012, 10:53:25 AM »

Then why does Slash's new song sound cookie cutter...?

I agree.  Like I said far from the worst song, but hes not exactly breaking new ground with it, I still think he should have done what he did with the last record with all the different guest vocalists.  That was a very eclectic record.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #185 on: March 02, 2012, 02:18:01 PM »

A new interview with Slash.  He says the single "Your A Lie" almost didn't make the album.

He also says he wrote "Apocalyptic Love" entirely on the last tour.  He plans to start writing for album #3 when this tour gets underway.

SLASH: THE EXTENDED UNCUT INTERVIEW

Audio: http://www.therock.net.nz/Slash-The-Extended-Uncut-Interview/tabid/381/articleID/18657/Default.aspx

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #186 on: March 02, 2012, 03:11:30 PM »

Then why does Slash's new song sound cookie cutter...?

I agree.  Like I said far from the worst song, but hes not exactly breaking new ground with it, I still think he should have done what he did with the last record with all the different guest vocalists.  That was a very eclectic record.

I'm hoping it is THE cookie cutter and most radio friendly on the album.
I like the music, but yeah, it's not earth shattering. Really not impressed with the lyrics/vocals, but I like the 2 Myles songs on the s/t, so we'll see.
I'm sure it'll rock live either way.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #187 on: March 02, 2012, 11:49:56 PM »

The song does rock. Nice solo!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #188 on: March 03, 2012, 03:11:40 AM »

A new interview with Slash.  He says the single "Your A Lie" almost didn't make the album.

He also says he wrote "Apocalyptic Love" entirely on the last tour.  He plans to start writing for album #3 when this tour gets underway.

Wow, he wants to do another album with Myles and the Conspirators already?

I think VR is officially done.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #189 on: March 03, 2012, 08:17:45 AM »

Wow, he wants to do another album with Myles and the Conspirators already?

I think VR is officially done.

I think you're right

libertad
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #190 on: March 03, 2012, 09:01:16 AM »

VR was done when Scott left the band. I don't know why people think anything will happen there again... Anyway as long as he is putting out music, I'm okay Wink

Fuck 'Em All.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #191 on: March 03, 2012, 10:04:20 AM »

The only thing that will save VR is if MK would agree to be the singer. That would be the only thing that could get Slash interested again. And I cannot see that happening.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #192 on: March 03, 2012, 03:40:52 PM »

The only thing that will save VR is if MK would agree to be the singer. That would be the only thing that could get Slash interested again. And I cannot see that happening.
I miss VR, but Slash seems intent on making new music a lot-planning his 3rd solo album already, the 2 VR albums, and the Snakepit album (He was still in Guns duing the first, technically).

libertad
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #193 on: March 04, 2012, 10:36:47 AM »

VR was done when Scott left the band. I don't know why people think anything will happen there again...

i think the only reason for that is because every few months someone from the VR camp talks about some singer they are auditioning that ultimately goes nowhere.
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #194 on: March 05, 2012, 05:43:29 AM »

Cant wait for the album.. Love Myles vocals and Slash is awesome !! peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #195 on: March 05, 2012, 04:05:53 PM »

SLASH: 'Apocalyptic Love' Track Listing Revealed - Mar. 5, 2012

"Apocalyptic Love" track listing:

01. Apocalyptic Love
02. One Last Thrill
03. Standing In The Sun
04. You?re A Lie
05. No More Heroes
06. Halo
07. We Will Roam
08. Anastasia
09. Not For Me
10. Bad Rain
11. Hard & Fast
12. Far And Away
13. Shots Fired

The song "You're A Lie" can be streamed at http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/player/slash1.html.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170689

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #196 on: March 07, 2012, 08:35:46 PM »

A couple of reviews:

Slash "You're a Lie" Song Review ? 5 out of 5 stars

Wed, 07 Mar 2012

With "You're a Lie", the first single from his forthcoming album, Apocalyptic Love [Available May 22], Slash comes out of the gate swinging.

A monolithic, distorted intro quickly gives way to an ultra-heavy and extremely catchy riff. You can practically feel the swagger of the legendary guitarist's fret work as the song moves into a brooding verse propelled by the bass wallop of Todd Kerns and pounding groove of Brent Fitz. With inimitable style, Myles Kennedy tells a story of betrayal. As soon as the anthemic hook kicks in, Kennedy's voice reaches impressive heights along with Slash's six-string fireworks.

After a simultaneously mean and irresistible bridge, a fiery guitar solo blazes with the right combination of blues gusto and heavy metal attitude.

Slash, Kennedy, and The Conspirators are everything that a rock 'n' roll band should be. They've got arena-ready choruses, mind-blowing riffs, scorching solos, and that magical chemistry that yields classic records. Make no mistake about it. They're as dangerous and daring as any of their previous projects, and they're out for blood on Apocalyptic Love.

"You're a Lie" is one of the best rock songs of 2012, and it's a precursor to what's bound to be one of the year's best albums. This rock-n-fuckin'-roll at its finest. Get ready to be knocked on your ass?

Download You're a Lie (feat. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators) on iTunes

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/slash-you-re-a-lie-song-review-5-out-of-5-stars/9910500

Song review: Slash's "You're a Lie"

Slash: "You're a Lie"

The rock guitar god and his hair have returned, this time with yet another "band," featuring Myles Kennedy of Alter Bridge on vocals. "You're a Lie," the first single from his album "Apocalyptic Love," debuted online worldwide Monday. You can hear it here.

WHY IT ROCKS: Duh, it's Slash playing guitar. But seriously, this has that distinctive Slash sound he made famous in Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver. The riffs are catchy and the solo, while not executed at light-speed, is tasty for guitar nerds. The song itself chugs along at a singular, relentless pace, only varying in volume.

WHY IT DOESN'T ROCK: Kennedy sounds like a mix of an '80s glam singer and moody grunge mumbler. He does have some pipes, though, that might remind some of GN'R singer Axl Rose. The chorus could use some work, as well, as it seems uninspired--and repetitive--standing up against Slash's fine guitar work.

http://www.redeyechicago.com/entertainment/music/redeye-song-review-slashs-youre-a-lie-20120305,0,2913284.htmlstory

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #197 on: March 09, 2012, 02:12:29 PM »

SLASH: Sixth 'Apocalyptic Love' Studio Webisode Released - Mar. 9, 2012

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170939

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #198 on: March 16, 2012, 12:07:37 PM »

SLASH: 'You're A Lie' Video Teaser Available - Mar. 15, 2012

A teaser for "You're A Lie", the new video from the iconic, Grammy-winning rock guitarist and songwriterSlash, can be seen below.

Here: http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=171284

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #199 on: March 17, 2012, 03:46:29 PM »

New logo:

New picks came in! http://pic.twitter.com/PEUsoe6V

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: