Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:38:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash's Next Album To Feature Myles Kennedy Handling All Vocals; May 22nd
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash's Next Album To Feature Myles Kennedy Handling All Vocals; May 22nd  (Read 94303 times)
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #280 on: May 19, 2012, 02:07:43 PM »

yeah no sure why he prefers this band to VR other than the control thing.  In exchange for him having complete control we are stuck with a weaker product, so far those 3 songs I heard sound a lot like Snakepit throwaways.   "You're a Lie" is an ok song.

Maybe he wanted complete control for a reason-Eddie Trunk thought the last Slash solo album was way better than Velvet Revolver

libertad
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #281 on: May 19, 2012, 06:50:38 PM »

yeah no sure why he prefers this band to VR other than the control thing.  In exchange for him having complete control we are stuck with a weaker product, so far those 3 songs I heard sound a lot like Snakepit throwaways.   "You're a Lie" is an ok song.

Maybe he wanted complete control for a reason-Eddie Trunk thought the last Slash solo album was way better than Velvet Revolver
Eddie Trunk also thought Snakepit was better than VR, CD, and the UYI's.  So, take it for what it is.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #282 on: May 20, 2012, 10:57:55 AM »

Eddie Trunk also thought Snakepit was better than VR, CD, and the UYI's.  So, take it for what it is.

that is because Eddie Trunk has horrendous taste in music, that doesn't surprise me one bit.  Just look at the shows he attends, I think he was at a Night Ranger show last week.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #283 on: May 20, 2012, 12:40:24 PM »

that is because Eddie Trunk has horrendous taste in music, that doesn't surprise me one bit.  Just look at the shows he attends, I think he was at a Night Ranger show last week.

This I agree with. Was it Night Ranger or Lynch Mob or BOTH?! hihi
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #284 on: May 20, 2012, 01:13:51 PM »

I've now listened to whole album. There are only a few songs I like, compared to the last one. "Apocalyptic Love", "You're A Lie", "Anastasia" (Guitar work), "Standing In The Sun" are quite good. The rest of the album sounds the same. Although Myles is a good singer, the album doesn't have the variety of the previous album....

Perhaps after a few listens, the songs will grow on me...

Fuck 'Em All.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #285 on: May 20, 2012, 01:33:37 PM »

Add 'We Will Roam' to the good songs list...

Fuck 'Em All.
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #286 on: May 21, 2012, 09:03:36 AM »

has anyone in the UK managed to get the Slash fanpack today?

I went to the local WH Smith in my lunch hour and they didn't have it  Huh

Have avoided listening to the streams & youtube footage, just want the album now   rofl
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #287 on: May 21, 2012, 09:22:29 AM »

Managed to get two copies (one for me, one for my wife) at the tiny WH Smith in Leighton Buzzard earlier today. Surprised that your one doesn't have it considering how small that one is.
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #288 on: May 21, 2012, 09:54:50 AM »

thanks, will pop to another one on way home  ok

at least they are out there. That was gonna be my treat for Monday, Slash Cd on Monday, GnR on Friday  beer

Cheers
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #289 on: May 21, 2012, 10:27:19 AM »

I had the same problem in my local WH Smith, they told me they only get deliveries on Tuesdays so it might be in tomorrow. I also checked 7 other stores including HMV and some supermarkets, most didnt even have it on the computer system...
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #290 on: May 21, 2012, 04:42:13 PM »

Yesterday I wanted buy the cd edition on Mixup Mexico, they found it on their system but it's not available yet  Sad
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #291 on: May 22, 2012, 12:48:53 AM »

Just released officially bout an hour ago and already number 7 on Itunes.

Buying three copies:

one Deluxe on Itunes
Deluxe at Walmart to get DVD
and bought the UK Classic Rock fan pack which hopefully will get here one day

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #292 on: May 22, 2012, 07:00:03 AM »

WH Smith had the fan pack today, so I guess I can forgive the lady who seemed like she was just fobbing me off! So far I've felt its good songs with some great guitar work but I've had quite a few of the songs going round in my head so I can assume it will shortly grow on me  Smiley
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #293 on: May 22, 2012, 10:40:57 AM »

I pre ordered the fan pack (hoping to get one of the signed photos), i'm just wondering now how i'm able to download the mp3 digital album ?? I thought a link would be sent to my email today?
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #294 on: May 22, 2012, 11:50:54 AM »

The fanpack includes a physical copy. There's no download link.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #295 on: May 23, 2012, 01:21:47 PM »

Slash performing "You're A Lie" on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon:

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/monday-may-21-2012/1402890/?tin=2220&tout=2459

SLASH Talks About The Inspiration For 'You're A Lie' (Video) - May 23, 2012

On May 22, legendary guitarist Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) was interviewed by Artisan News about his second solo album, "Apocalyptic Love", which came out yesterday via his own label Dik Hayd International distributed through EMI. Check out the report below.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=174368

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #296 on: May 23, 2012, 01:25:22 PM »

Reviews of the album:

Slash Apocalyptic Love
great

http://sputnikmusic.com/review/49799/Slash-Apocalyptic-Love/

Slash Apocalyptic Love

What's most impressive about Apocalyptic Loveis that at this late point in the man's post-Gunner career, he's managed to find a chemistry that while not quite matchingAppetite for Destruction levels of magic, gets pretty darn close, at times, which is no small feat.

http://exclaim.ca/Reviews/PopAndRock/slash-apocalyptic_love

SLASH, ?APOCALYPTIC LOVE? ? ALBUM REVIEW

4 out of 5 stars

http://loudwire.com/slash-apocalyptic-love-album-review/

Slash - 'Apocalyptic Love' album review

4 out of 5 stars

http://www.examiner.com/review/slash-apocalyptic-love-album-review

Apocalyptic Love Review

Sound:    8.3
Lyrics:    6.7
Impression: 8
Overall rating:   8
Reviewer rating: 7.7
Users rating: 8.3
Votes:   104

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/compact_discs/slash/apocalyptic_love/index.html

siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #297 on: May 23, 2012, 04:02:30 PM »

Apocalyptic Love is number 20 on midweek charts. Sales from Sunday to Wednesday! Not bad considering it was only released Tuesday Smiley

http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=1049667&c=1
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #298 on: May 24, 2012, 08:06:40 AM »

SLASH: 'Apocalyptic Love' Projected To Sell 30K-35K First Week - May 24, 2012

Legendary guitarist Slash's (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) second solo album, "Apocalyptic Love", is likely to sell between 30,000 and 35,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to industry web site Hits Daily Double. The estimate was based on one-day sales reports compiled after the record arrived in stores on May 22 via Slash's own label Dik Hayd International distributed through EMI.

Slash's self-titled debut album scored the highest new entry on The Billboard 200 chart in April 2010, with first-week U.S. sales of around 60,000 copies.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=174432

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #299 on: May 26, 2012, 04:40:46 PM »

Slash on Course for Billboard 200's Top 10

The new Billboard 200 chart's top 10 will be revealed on the morning of Wednesday, May 30.

Guitar god Slash may be in line for the third-highest bow with "Apocalyptic Love" (featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators). It seems likely to sell 30,000 to 40,000.

Nielsen SoundScan Building Chart

Rank   
1   NEW   John Mayer   "Born and Raised"
2   2   Adele   "21"
3   NEW   Sara Bareilles   "Once Upon Another Time"
4   3   Carrie Underwood   "Blown Away"
5   NEW   Slash   "Apocalyptic Love"
6   10   One Direction   "Up All Night"
7   9   Lionel Richie   "Tuskegee"
8   NEW   Kimbra   "Vows"
9   6   Various Artists   "Now 42"
10   8   Soundtrack   "Glee, the Music: Season 3 - The Graduation Album"

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/mercyme-slash-sara-bareilles-on-course-for-1007164952.story

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: