Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:36:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  Cool (unofficial ) new Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal blog.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cool (unofficial ) new Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal blog.  (Read 10294 times)
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« on: December 18, 2010, 08:23:59 AM »

To catch the latest "Bumblefoot" ongoings, try: http://sonormalitisuncool.blogspot.com/2010/12/qball-n-thal.html

Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 09:25:31 AM »

http://sonormalitisuncool.blogspot.com/2010/12/ron-scalzo-talks-qball-bald-freak.html

When I first contacted Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal I was taken aback by the guy's genuine interest in his fans. I firmly believed Ron to be the ?only nice guy in the music industry? and even frequently stated such a notion. However, at Bald Freak Music (a label in which Ron is heavily involved), I was pleased to find another strikingly amiable character, Ron Scalzo (also known as Q*Ball). It is with great pleasure that I can now say ?I know the two of the few remaining musicians who strive for their fan's contentment?. When I first approached Ron Scalzo for an interview on both himself and ?Bumblefoot? his immediate obligation was nothing short of refreshing. Q*Ball is an astoundingly warming person and his music represents a superlative also. I thank him unreservedly for providing what follows this opening:

1. What genres of music do you have a tendency to pursue in your musical exploits?

Q*Ball: I think my criteria doesn't focus on genre as much as mood - it's gotta make me think, it's gotta make me cry, or it's gotta make me move. That's really the philosophy behind Q*Ball. I certainly drift to certain genres like electro-pop and dance and funk because of the instruments I play, but what the hell is a 'genre' anyway nowadays? I hate having to add a genre when I encode all my music for digital distro.

2. What inspired you to put together musical ideas of your own?

Q*Ball: Like most other musicians, I heard really good music as a kid and a teenager, and I was hooked early on. Going to that first live concert (Jesus Jones at The Academy!), hearing the drums mic'ed up, the guitar amps at full volume just electrified my fucking brain. 7 years of piano lessons, 3 years of drum lessons probably played their part, too.

3. Whom would you outline as being your musical influences?

Q*Ball: Trent Reznor, Beck, Mike Patton, Radiohead, The Beatles, James Brown, Beastie Boys, Bumblefoot, a lot of 80's new wave bands like Depeche Mode, Tears For Fears, Tangerine Dream. So many artists past & present have played their part in this Q*Ball mess haha!

4. To date you have released three studio albums (?This Is Serious Business?, ?Fortune Favours The Bald? and ?Q*Ball In Space?. Could you generally describe the vibe from each record?

Q*Ball: 'Q*Ball In Space' came first and that was just me bringing a bunch of tunes I had written to Bumblefoot and asking him to record them, play guitar on them, add his ideas to what was already a well-thought out album's worth of songs. I had been in an electronic band called Secret Army before I started Q*Ball and I always thought the biggest flaw in that band was the lack of a quality guitarist. I knew Ron would bring a new level of professionalism to the project and I was super pumped when we started to polish off the first few songs. It was the first time we had worked together as a team, we did most of the recording at his house in Jersey. Lots of cat hair (Ron has lots of cats).

'Fortune Favors The Bald' was an attempt to outdo the first album and it came from a much darker place as a result of some major changes going on in my personal life. I had experienced some failures that made the album title a bit ironic, as I didn't feel very fortunate at the time. But you write what you know, and making the album was fun and cathartic in spite of my personal drama. Ron had just bought a house in Princeton and was knocking walls down, turning it into a studio, so a lot of the tunes were recorded amongst rubble and dust. I remember singing "John Hughes" with big garbage bags full of plywood and insulation all around me. I think this was the best album we did together since we were both the most focused on making something great together and there were little distractions at that time in our respective careers.

'This Is Serious Business' was more of a collaborative effort involving other folks, as Ron was on duty with GnR at this point, but he still managed to mix and master the album, not to mention his contributions on some of the better songs - 'His Name Is Goliath,' and 'Pez Dispenser' are two of my faves. Ron's bass guitar work on this album is so kick-ass. I was in a better place personally while we were making this one and it's definitely a more upbeat record. At the same time, it's a bit of a mixed bag - a lot of different styles on one album, and while I like the songs individually, I think the album suffers as a whole.

5. You describe Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal as being your ?partner in crime?. Could you delve into how your relationship with Ron came about?

Q*Ball: I met Ron in 1997. We were making our first Secret Army CD at a basement studio in Brooklyn and the studio owner had an engineering partner who would come in and work the board for a lot of the bands who came in to record. Mainly a lot of hardcore bands from the Brooklyn scene like Most Precious Blood and Shutdown, and Secret Army was definitely a different animal. Some dude with a red wool hat walks in - there are holes in the hat and little dreadlocked tufts of hair sticking out from the holes, and we're like, 'Who the hell is this maniac?' Ron wound up engineering most of the album and like most people who get to know him, we still thought he was a maniac, just a super cool one. At the time, I had no idea about his abilities on the guitar or his solo albums, but I came to see his band (which was called Bumblefoot) a few times in NYC and my head exploded. Wow. In between short tours, Ron was really getting into the production end of things, and there was always a need for him to tweak some live tracks we needed before playing a show, so we always stayed in touch because of that. After Secret Army came to an end, I was playing keyboards in an alternative rock band for a few years, and in 2001, I started dabbling in electronic music again as Q*Ball. There was no one I wanted to work with more than Ron and he foolishly obliged me. 3 albums, a ton of songs, good and bad live shows, and plenty of war stories later, we're still great friends and musical cohorts.

6. ?Bumblefoot? has helped both musically and production wise on every Q*Ball album. How important have his contributions been?

Q*Ball: Indispensable. Those 3 albums wouldn't exist without Bumblefoot's contributions. My Achilles Heels an electronic artist are Ron's greatest strengths - knowledge of audio software, patience, perfect pitch, the ability to play a stringed instrument. I've fancied myself more of a bricklayer when it comes to songwriting - quality ideas, lyrics, and melodies, a little keyboard and vocal flash here and there, but if I lay the bricks, Ron decorates the place, and makes my tidy little house look like a palace. It still bugs me that he's not as heralded as a producer as he should be. You can blame part of it on his guitar skills, as people probably can't imagine a guy being so masterful at two separate things, but he is. Most producers hide behind thousands of dollars worth of gear and reputation, Ron does so much with just his ears, his brain, and his two hands.

7. You along with Ron Thal established your own musical label Bald Freak Music. What does Bald Freak Music stand for and what impulsed you to bring about its creation?

Q*Ball: I've been let down by the industry and so has Ron. You can argue that Ron is in GnR now and I'm signed to Metal Blade, have my own label, put 3 albums out - so why should we feel let down? It took a long time for both of us to get to where we are and it wasn't without its misfortunes and bumps in the road that slowed down that progression - and it wasn't just one label or one booking agent or one club owner, or the dozens of musicians we committed our time, money, and energy to over the years - it was all of it. If one guy wasn't making empty promises, another wasn't showing up for rehearsals, and another was lying thru their teeth about what they could do for our music. I think we were both just tired of it. People are flakes and the music biz is a fucking dandruff factory.

I remember being 17 - I was a shy dude, playing drums and singing in my first metal band. We won our high school battle of the bands because we mixed a lot of good grunge into our set with our originals and the college-aged judges dug that we had our ears to the walls of alternative music. A kid in another band that played was impressed with my voice that night - real nice guy, good guitarist - and asked me to sing in a Rush cover band he was starting. At the time, I wasn't huge into Rush and the kid made me a tape, gave me handwritten lyrics to 'Red Barchetta' and half a dozen other songs, was super psyched to get it going. And I flaked on him. Told him I would do it and after a few weeks, just bailed on it because I wasn't familiar enough with the material and probably not brave enough to pull it off. I always felt bad about that and ever since then, I've committed myself to being a reliable and responsible musician.

Bald Freak Music is for us - for our projects, for our friends who want to do things on their own terms with little pressure. We're not blowing up the world, we're just getting things done slowly but surely. I don't have investors, it's all mine and Ron's money, and it was born out of necessity because Ron and I are both scarred by our dealings in this cutthroat industry. We're not cutthroat guys, we're musicians who want to sit on our own little beach, lay out a picnic blanket and eat lots of hot sauce on it without anyone coming over to kick sand in our faces.

Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 09:26:09 AM »

8. Studio wise yourself and Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal have become somewhat of a deadly duo. Just how good is Ron as both a guitarist and person?

Q*Ball: Ron has been very generous with his time - Q*Ball hasn't made a ton of dough, and years later, he's still in the trenches with me whenever he can be. He's done plenty for a lot of other artists out there who he didn't owe shit to, that's just who he is. He's one of the good guys, plain and simple. Does he have his moments and his moods and have we had our squabbles and disagreements? Hell yeah. We've known each other for 15 years, that's only natural, and our battles have been short-lived and have been learning experiences for both of us. But our relationship is very unique, built on a mutual respect and empathy for what we've experienced as artists and people and what we will continue to experience for years to come.

I don't have to tell you what type of guitar god the guy is, you already know. It's not just the noodling, the shredding ability, the jaw dropping stuff you hear on "Guitars SUCK" and "Don Pardo Pimpwagon" - he's just a professional who can play anything, any style, and play it spot on every time. He's a fucking android. A bearded Jewish android.

9. Recently you along with Ron created the fantastic track ?Submarine? (which simply exudes aquatic imagery). Could you describe the creation process of the song? What is the meaning of ?Submarine??

Q*Ball: "Submarine" was one of a series of monthly singles I started releasing digitally as Q*Ball beginning this past Summer. "Submarine" was one of those happy accidents - I came to Ron's studio intending to work on another song but wasn't really feeling the vibe going in so I suggested we dig into the archives for some unfinished symphonies we'd previously worked on. "Submarine" was one that we both kinda dug and we took it and gave it a makeover. I'd like to say there's a specific process we employ, but there isn't - each song kinda speaks to us in its own way as far as what it needs or what direction to take it in. "Submarine" was no different - the chorus came kinda quickly and naturally, and all I usually need is a song title or a line in the song to get the rest of the lyrics out of my skull. "Submarine" is about a failing relationship - we've all had 'em - about trying to escape from your problems rather than addressing them, and what fates awaits you if you choose that route. The only constant in the production process when Ron and I get together is that at some point we both feast on a ton of sushi, and "Submarine" was no different. It used to be KFC before Ron joined GnR, but we're both watching our weight. Or at least watching all that sashimi go down our gullets haha!

10. Your enticing voice along with Ron's guitars seem to consistently produce fantastic results. Will you (again) be linking up with Ron sometime in the near future to create some more ?beautiful music??

Q*Ball: Shit, I hope so. Ron's actually coming here this week to help me track some new piano tunes I've been working on. I bought a Yamaha upright earlier this year, just had it tuned, and I have about ten new songs swimming in my head. Very personal stuff, and if "Fortune Favors The Bald" was any indication, I have high hopes for these new songs. Ron and I also did a song called "Sinful Nuns" a few months ago, a very wacky Bumblefoot-sounding tune that's out on iTunes.

Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 09:26:34 AM »

11. What should fans of Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal expect for 2011 (aside from Guns N' Roses)?

Q*Ball: Ron is always lamenting to me that his commitment to GnR doesn't really allow for him to spread his wings as far as he would like as a solo artist and a producer, and that's certainly understandable. But I know he'll do whatever he can to keep the Bumblefoot stuff fresh for the fans. I've been bugging him to get back on stage as a solo artist lately, he's got some new material that he's been working on that will see the light of day in 2011. What I've heard so far is pretty massive. Bald Freak was heavily involved in the re-release of "The Adventures of Bumblefoot" and my new publishing company, Bad Button, was involved in the release of the tab book, so I'm hoping we see "Hermit" re-released in 2011. Ron also has some cool cover songs that we're gonna put out, some new merch for the kiddies, and of course, I hope to hear his magic on some of the new music I'm working on as Q*Ball this coming year. And then of course, we should all expect to see Ron's Beard achieve world domination at some point.

12. And finally, would you please outline your own personal exploits for 2011 and is there anything else you'd like to say to fans of the Bald Freak Music franchise?

Q*Ball: In addition to these Q*Ball piano tunes, I'm working on a new electro project with my former Secret Army bandmate Mike Bandolik called Hooper. I've pretty stoked about it - Mike worked on the Q*Ball single "Filling In The Cracks" with me a few months ago and I was real happy with the results, was hoping the collaborations would lead to another project and this is it. It's got a fun blend of 70s soul, modern-day hip-hop, and Nine Inch Nails style moody rock. I just wanna get back on stage this year in some capacity and perfect a live show for once in my life, it's been too long since I did it with Q*Ball.

My hard rock band on Metal Blade, Return To Earth, got some nice acclaim for our 2nd album 'Automata', and we're gonna do some shows over the next few months. Chris Pennie (Coheed and Cambria) is my drummer and he's off the road with Coheed for most of 2011, so that will mean a lot more RTE material being written this coming year, as well, which I'm real excited about. Bald Freak is picking up a few new acts next year, too, including a modern rock band from NYC that I've been courting for awhile called The Head Set. Can't see enough about how good their songs are, hoping to get them the exposure they've long deserved.

I always bow down to anyone who supports Bald Freak, who helps spread the gospel about our acts, and you guys are no exception. It's so hard to get people's attention nowadays, no matter the number of releases, Facebook fans, Twitter followers, newsletters, etc. Word-of-mouth is still the best way to get noticed, and I thank each and everyone of you who's forwarded over a link, re-posted an article, bought someone a Bald Freak artist album, wrote a great review, joined our Street Team, or read our blog. You guys and girls are what makes it all worthwhile, and I thank you. I hope you enjoy what we have to bring you in the new year, I'm pretty pumped about it Smiley.

Click the following links to delve deeper into the Q*Ball lair:

http://www.qballmusic.com/ (Official site)
http://www.facebook.com/qballmusic (Give him a "like" Cheesy)
https://secure.diystro.com/a/FFG69 (Breathtakingly good collaboration with Ron)
http://www.baldfreak.com/ (Stick it to the man)

Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 01:57:57 PM »

Revolutions need people, and the existing revolutionaries at Bald Freak Music require your artistic endeavours to help sustain Bald Freak's imminent industry takeover. To assist facilitating the prosperity of GN'R guitarist Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal's unique label contact Ron Scalzo (Mr. Q to the Ball Q*Ball) at info@baldfreak.com.

Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 12:18:14 PM »

Drummer Dennis Leeflang exclusive Q&A w/ I?m so Normal it?s Uncool/Bumblefoot Paddies (addressing numerous matters including Bumblefoot).

At what point did drums become your instrumental preference and why?

My uncle played trumpet in a marching band and as a very young kid I would go see him and his band every time there was a parade in town. I was impressed with my uncle but the snare drum players always had me completely mesmerized. I loved how you could feel their playing in your chest as the band marched by. I begged my uncle to be able to take lessons from the drum teacher in his band because I wanted to become a snare drum player in his marching band badly. He hooked me up and I took lessons for a while but it was a huge disappointment. My lessons were on a slab of rubber and for months I didn?t even get to see a real drum. Luckily I heard about another band that needed a snare drum player so I went to see their practice and 10 guys and girls playing snare drums in a room just had me drooling. I was 7 or 8 years old at the time. The band leader gave me a snare drum to practice on at home and I took private lessons from him for a couple of weeks before joining the entire drum section of the band. It went quick and it was awesome.

Once I went to high school and got into pop and rock music, it was a logical step to the drum kit. A guy in my street was practicing drums every day and I would spend hours standing outside of his apartment, listening. He later became a good friend of mine and now is actually one of Europe?s busiest percussionists. His name is Gijs van Straalen. He really got the spark going for me. Then seeing Matt Sorum and Tico Torres on MTV was what really did it for me. I got my first kit at age 13 and took off from there.

Whom would you regard as being your biggest musical influences both past and present?

It would be impossible to name one person. Many people have had a significant influence on me in one way or another. First of all, my drum teacher, Luuk Kranenburg, who gave me all the tools I needed and which I?m still using today. My first real drum ?hero? was Nicko McBrain and his playing has had a huge influence on me. The way he plays his ride cymbal is unlike anyone else, and I love how he?s not afraid to push and pull tempos and play with a very loose, bluesy feel. He has a history of playing blues before joining Iron Maiden, and it?s just such a cool style. Very unlike most metal, where drummers play in a very straight and robotic way.

Another big influence on me is Steve Jordan. Same thing? so much feel. I love when drumming is not about what you play, but how you play it. Taking a simple beat but making it sound different than everybody else. It?s a much harder challenge than playing technical stuff.

As for non-drummers, Bumblefoot has been a huge influence on me. His drive, the way he refuses to compromise or accept anything less than perfection, and his constant search for trying something new and challenging himself in different ways. Technically and psychologically. Only your imagination can limit what you?re able to do. He?s made me push myself to play things I never dreamed I?d be able to. He?s one of the very few musicians who?s one of the most advanced in the world as far as technical ability, but still enjoys playing a really basic piece of music with the right feel. That?s a rare thing. A lot of people who are known for having incredible chops wouldn?t be able to play a simple song with the right feel and are unable to put actual emotion into music because they?re too focused on the technical aspect. Nowadays, a John Mayer song that?s just dripping with pocket, groove and emotion will inspire me more than some ?prog? band. That kind of stuff is more like a circus act than music to me. I see music as a language and musicians are simply poets. I have no interest in hearing a guy couching up fancy grammar when there?s no interesting story. That?s not to say I don?t like a technical challenge myself sometimes, but it has to serve the song, not the ego.

Was there a specific instance in which you realized your drummer career was ?going somewhere? as such?

It was never a realization. It?s been a goal or even a choice from the beginning. I don?t really have ?hobbies?. Whenever I do something, I won?t rest until I have pushed it as far as I can. The second I decided I wanted to play drums, I had also decided I wanted to be a pro.

Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 12:20:03 PM »

Why are you so willing to collaborate with various forms of artist?

It?s kind of an old-school jazz mentality. Even though I don?t really play jazz, I do listen to jazz and have a lot of admiration for the genre, history and musicians. Everything we listen to nowadays stems from classical music and jazz. That?s where the roots lie. I just love how jazz musicians are always playing with different people. Never the same line-up on two albums, never the same touring band. It?s like a soccer team that?s always buying and selling players to see what will happen with a different line-up of people who will interact with each other differently and create a different chemistry. When playing with many different people, you develop an instinct that?s 100% you. It?s like being able to mix all of the colors of the rainbow together and create new colors. If you?re only exposed to red and blue, you?ll only be purple and never get to find out what orange is like. It makes me a more versatile musician and enables me to explore and be exposed to many different influences that will trigger many different ways of thinking and many different things to play. When you only play with the same 3 or 4 guys all your life, there?s a lot of unused potential inside of you that never got a chance to be explored.

Having said that, though, I?ve always wanted to play in one steady band first and foremost, and then do a ton of side projects next to that, which can benefit and influence my playing in my main band. Unfortunately I haven?t been able to find that one band yet and end up just playing all over the place with dozens of different people. I can?t complain, though. I?ve been Bumblefoot?s drummer for about 10 years now and that?s definitely something I?m proud of being a part of. And whenever a situation feels good and the other guys in the band become your friends, it can last years. I?m definitely not against that.

What are the essentials for succeeding as a prolific musician?

The right attitude, dedication and patience. Money has never been a motivation for me and in general, money tends to spoil the fun a lot of the time.  I just love contributing to a great piece of music, or a show. But because I want to be doing this full-time, it has to pay my bills. I?ve been teaching drums for years to take a little bit of the pressure off of having to get all of my income out of playing music, but it?s still at least 50/50.

I think the essentials for being a successful musician are, first and foremost, to be a very easy-going and positive person. When it comes to a recording session, it?s generally most important to be a great drummer and easy enough to work with, but when it comes to being part of a group that goes on the road and spends a lot of time together off-stage, personality generally comes before playing capabilities. People would rather spend 20 hours a day at airports and in vans with a cool dude who?s an OK player, than with an amazing drummer who?s a total a-hole. I think dedication is a close second. I always refused to get ?day jobs?, even though there were some exceptions because they were cool opportunities and helped my career from a different angle. I?ve worked at a record shop and I?ve worked as a manager at the famous Blue Note jazz club in NYC. But otherwise I just refuse to waste time on anything else. Which means I?ve actually been so broke I?ve been homeless in NYC for a little while several times. Luckily enough I have some awesome friends who let me crash on their couches. Once I graduated high school, that was it for me. Music education in Holland was in a terrible state at that time and boring conservatories focused on classic music or traditional jazz were my only options. It was too one-sided with maybe 1 or 2 hours a week spent on your actual instrument. I just decided to do it all myself. Most of the musicians I played with when I was between 16 and 25 years old were studying or working full-time. Their motivation was that they were sceptical about ever being able to make it in the music industry and they just wanted to have a degree or a job as a ?backup?. At that point you?ve already given up on being a professional musician. I never needed or wanted a ?backup plan? because I wasn?t going to accept anything other than achieving my goal. When you approach your career that way, you command a lot of respect from people you (could) work with, and it works in your favor. It also simply forces you to work your butt off, which is the only way to make it happen anyway. I still get really sad when talented musicians around me turn down amazing opportunities because of their studies or jobs. I just can?t imagine that. I would happily quit a job and not know how the hell I?m going to pay rent and possibly lose my apartment when I come back from a tour. Carpe Diem baby! You could die tomorrow. Never turn down an opportunity to do something awesome.

Then there are other, more basic essentials such as reliability. Always be prepared; always be early (not ?on time?? early!). It might have been ?cool? in the 90?s, but I don?t do drugs. Never have, never will. Not having a criminal record also helps!   Of course you have to be a great musician. But again, it?s better to be a great person and an average musician, than to be a total virtuoso but a person people don?t enjoy being around. Too many musicians are only focused on becoming extremely skilled in their instrument, and completely neglect the personality part. Make sure you are a cool, likeable, inspiring person. It?s essential!

Do you see yourself as ever following the path of many other drummers and putting together an instructional DVD or something to that effect of enabling aspiring drummers to replicate your style?

Absolutely. Even though I teach a lot and have done clinics all over the world, it?s really something completely on the side for me, though. I have no time to organize or finance something like that myself so it will only happen if a production company or publisher would approach me and have everything sorted out and all I have to do is show up, play and talk. I?ve made several attempts in the past but trying to work with people who can only help you in the context of a ?favor? are usually pretty unreliable so I?ve given up on that. I do have some videos on YouTube which basically came to be out of necessity for my students. I literally have an entire DVD worth of material written out and ready to go and really hope I can do one someday. Also, it?s material no other drummer has ever covered on a DVD before. I would have no interest in doing a DVD in which I explain the obvious stuff that has been covered in a dozen other DVD?s, just because I want to be able to say I did a DVD.

How do you feel about new musical initiatives such as Spotify?

I gotta be honest with you?. I have no idea what that is. I?m too busy to keep up with other thing sometimes. It took me years to finally sit down and get a Facebook page. And now people keep talking about this Google+ thing. I?ll probably be the last one to sign up for than one also!

Can you illustrate some of the projects you are presently involved in?

Apart from the one single a month I?ve been doing with Bumblefoot since January, I?ve been working on a ton of recordings at my studio. I?ve produced some stuff, including the new Indestructible Noise Command album, which is coming out this summer. I also play drums on it and that album was probably the biggest challenge I?ve ever had as far as technical playing goes. That album was purely a technical challenge and a pay check for me, but it sure was fun to do. I produced and played on a song I did with Ted Poley (Danger Danger) and I also toured with him a bit. Unfortunately I had to step out of his band because there was no money involved but it required a very significant investment time-wise and I ended up putting a lot of paid work aside for it. A great example of how sometimes money can really get in the way of doing what you really want to do. I?m currently recording drums for a bunch of songs for Anneke Van Giersbergen?s new album and I?m about to finish up the drums for the album of an amazing guitarist/songwriter from Europe called Milan Polak. I also did the drums for the album of guitarist Noud Smeets, an old friend from Holland. I?m very proud of that one. I believe it?s coming out in October. Then there are dozens of indie artists/bands I?ve recorded for, am still recording for, or will be recording for soon. Sometimes a full album, sometimes a couple of songs. Almost always fun! ;-)

Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 12:20:38 PM »

Other than music, what consumes your time?

Not much. I like spending time with my wife but since she?s a huge music fan herself and also plays the drums (as a hobby, in her case), it?s basically drums and music all day, every day. My wife and I will actually discuss bass drum pedals while watching drum videos on a Friday night at home on the couch. We?re geeks. We recently got a couple of kittens which I actually purposely did to distract myself a bit and force myself to relax more!

What do you gain from travelling to and living in numerous localities of different cultures and so on?

Weight! Hah! I love food and the different foods all over the world. But seriously, it?s just extremely fascinating to meet people from places thousands of miles away with whom you share the same interests and then to see the differences and similarities in how their approach to everything that?s involved with being a musician. It?s extremely inspiring. I grew up in The Netherlands. There?s a distinct difference between the European music industry and the American music industry, and between the musicians. In Europe, music (or entertainment in general) is considered something that?s not much more than a ?snack? or ?side dish?. Even though fans and musicians are as serious as anywhere in the world, the industry is small and has sort of a ?hobby? vibe to it. There are big artist and labels, but the ones actually making a living off of it are few and far between. It?s next to impossible to make a living as a musician and sustain to do so for years. Only very few can make that happen. As opposed to the US, where the music industry is an actual huge industry and it?s more realistic to become an actual professional musician. However, musicians in Europe tend to be more disciplined, organized, focused and dedicated to the actual music and tend to not get too side-tracked into the whole musician lifestyle thing. Probably because almost all of them still have to maintain a day job next to it. They don?t have the time for over-the-top photo shoots and to spend all day on the internet promoting their band. The little bit of time they have, they use as effectively as possible. It keeps them more grounded. Of course there are exceptions on both ends. But at the same time, it?s great to be part of the American music industry because people in the US tend to take you more seriously and being a ?musician? is generally accepted as a profession. It?s just very interesting to sort of be part of both of those worlds.

What inspires you?

You know, that has changed over the years also. I used to get really inspired by other bands and seeing concerts. I was very focused on just music and bands. Nowadays, I get more inspired by little things like a great friendship, my wife, my family, a beautiful day outside? My new kittens. Being an independent drummer who gets hired to tour or record, I often step into situations where there?s a lot of personal drama and ego involved. The artist or band often doesn?t have a drummer for a reason. So sometimes I really have to force myself to channel inspiration from external sources and that can be challenging. I try to avoid those kinds of situations and I rarely ever end up joining a band that hired me for an album or tour. But, even though being an unnatural type of situation, it can often lead so some incredible music. It?s all about how you deal with it. But luckily I also work with a lot of really cool people and it inspires me when they are really into what I do. Nothing is cooler than to get a call for a session and the producer or band wants me to do whatever I would naturally do, just because they want *me* on the record. Or when I am asked to do a tour and the artist wants me to play whatever I feel like, even if I completely change the drum parts of a well-known song. It?s a huge compliment and those are usually my best recordings or performances. Listening back to such recordings inspires me because it reminds me of a fun time.

What are some of your immediate to long term goals as a drummer and person?

Nothing crazy. Just to keep doing what I do. I would love to tour more and ideally with a major act. Touring with Lita Ford was a dream come true, although short-lived. A bit of a tease! Again, personal drama and egos and some of the guys who had nothing to do with it ended up losing the gig in the process. It?s the name of the game. There are generally no contracts or guarantees.

I would love to someday buy a nice house with a big piece of land and a couple of dogs running around, somewhere sunny. But as long as me and my wife are healthy and happy, anything else is just gravy.

How did your relationship with Bumblefoot come about?

I was a fan since the ?Hands? album came out. When I visited NYC for the first time in 2000, I met up with Ron and we jammed. I was extremely intimidated and totally sucked but we became friends. I saw him play in Paris during the Uncool tour and it still is one of the most awesome concerts I?ve ever attended. Then, in 2002, Ron was set to do a clinic tour for Vigier guitars in The Netherlands and he asked me if I wanted to get a band together to play with him at these clinics, rather than him playing to a tape. I agreed immediately but I knew I was getting myself into trouble. I had been a fan for several years, but had never actually attempted to play his music. I was a decent drummer at the time, but some of Ron?s stuff is flat out sick. Me and two friends of mine rehearsed for a couple of weeks and somewhat pulled it off. Ron was really cool about it. He was happy to be playing with a band, even if we were screwing up all over the place. It was a dream come true to be playing with him, but I wasn?t happy with my own performance. Then, several months later, Ron called me from France saying he was on tour and his drummer had to go home sick after just 2 shows. He needed me to fly to France the next day. I was actually in Germany at the time, on the road with one of my bands. Luckily it was the last show. The only thing was? I could play 15 of Ron?s songs but needed to know 30 for this tour? Rather than staying at the hotel as planned that night, I volunteered to drive the band home so I could make my flight the next morning. It was a long drive all through the night. Once home, I burnt the set list onto two CD?s, got a pack of batteries for my discman and a stack of paper, and wrote everything out at the airport and on the plane. That was a total preparation time of maybe 5 hours and my notes were less than adequate. But it had to do. When I arrived in Bordeaux, I basically put the drums together, had a quick dinner while the opening act played, and then stepped into the scariest moment of my life in front of 800 people. Ron was cool to suggest we leave out some songs, just to take some pressure off and we could go over those at sound check the next day. The show went surprisingly well and much better than any of the clinic shows I had done with him. It definitely had a lot to do with the fact that the band on that tour was tight as hell and really helped me through it. It was a total blast.

I?ve basically been Ron?s drummer since. I had been playing with the idea of moving to New York for years and had totally fallen in love with the city. In 2004 I took the plunge and made the move. So from that point on I played on all of Ron?s recordings. It?s been a huge pleasure and honor. At this point in his career, Ron could probably get any drummer to record with him. So when he still calls me, I am excited every time.

Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 12:21:30 PM »

Is it perhaps your most important relationship musically?

Absolutely. With Ron, I have been in many situations where I really had to push myself. And rather than being crushed by the pressure, I end up popping right onto a different level each time. Either chops-wise, or on a level of understanding music. Ron is really good at pushing me in a way that I?m barely even noticing what?s going on and before I know it I?m playing something totally crazy. It made me grow tremendously. It has given me the confidence to be able to accept any kind of gig without being afraid that maybe I can?t pull it off. Whether it?s complex music, or just a lot of material to learn in a short period of time.

What sort of person is Bumblefoot?

I probably know him on a very different level than most people out there. I?ve known him since way before GnR came along and he would travel with a guitar and one pair of fresh underwear so he could fit enough boxes of cd?s into his suitcase to sell and feed his band, hah! He?s a great human being. Always makes sure the people he works with feel good and are comfortable. He gets a lot of people that want to be his ?friend? for the wrong reasons but he?s always fair and friendly. It?s a balancing act that few people have mastered as well as he has. We?ve gone through some frustrating situations together but we?ve never lost focus on the reason we?re working together and that?s something very precious. So many people get so carried away in ego trips so easily but Ron has remained the Ron I?ve known for 11 years, even though his life and career went through a drastic change in 2006.

What attracted you to working with Bumblefoot?

His music is obviously awesome. It?s like 10 genres in one. Extremely varied and challenging. And then when I got to know him as a person and a friend, the whole package is just great.

What in your opinion is Bumblefoot?s strongest musical output?

I don?t think he?s done anything weak. I love the earlier stuff he?s done. It?s so innovative. There?s no other artist like him. I love how he inspires people, without really intending to. It?s a very humble sort of thing. Even though he is quite possibly the most gifted guitarist walking this planet, he will jam with anyone and not get frustrated or feel or act superior. Even when he most definitely is. He simply immediately focuses on the possibilities and doesn?t worry about possible limitations. So I think when you are able to use your skills purely to serve the music but have your personality blend with those of who you?re working with, you can do amazing things without anything getting in the way. And that?s exactly what he does.

How do you feel about Bumblefoot?s involvement with GN?R?

I?m extremely proud of him but also fascinated. When he first told me about it, I was in total disbelief. Not about the fact they asked him, but I just couldn?t picture him in that band. And then right after that I got it. The style of music is very different than his own, but then it made sense simply because he?s so talented, he can do anything. He?s like a chameleon. He?ll adapt to the situation without becoming a different animal. And do it extremely well. He ended up fitting in that band like peanut butter in a Reese?s cup. Axl was determined to get him into the band and I now understand why. He knew Ron would fit so well.

You?ve been integral to Bumblefoot?s 2011 singles and several previous efforts ? is it a partnership you?d like to continue as long as possible?

Duh :-) It?s been a ton of fun. The songs we?ve been releasing this year have been particularly cool because those are the first songs Ron and I actually co-wrote by jamming at my studio for months. For the Normal and Abnormal albums, he had everything written when I came in.

The covers are also really cool because they show a very different side of both of us, while being unmistakably Bumblefoot.

There?s been rumblings of a CD compiling the singles ? what do you know about this (if anything)?

I remember Ron playing with the idea but we haven?t discussed that actually happening. Who knows!

Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 12:21:44 PM »

Is a Bumblefoot tour a realistic possibility in the foreseeable future? Have you discussed this?

We haven?t. That?s really the kind of question I can?t answer. It?s Ron?s call and his schedule with GnR is very unpredictable and I am not in the loop as to his schedule with them. Sometimes we are both very busy and don?t get to catch up for a couple of weeks and I find out he?s on tour in Asia! But I sure hope we can tour again eventually. If you?ve never seen a Bumblefoot show? It?s not your average concert. It?s an experience!

Have you got any intriguing stories to tell from collaborating and touring with Bumblefoot?

I could write a book full of them?. Never a dull moment when hanging with Ron. From him stealing a moped in Paris and driving it around a busy street with his pants down, to us and the band checking into hotels in strait jackets and restraint masks and the crew wearing mental institution orderly outfits. We tour in style!

Which artists would you kill to work with?

Hmmm. Many. Whitesnake would be a dream gig. Or Foo Fighters. I would love to sit in with Iron Maiden at a Rock In Rio show for a song or two :-)  John Mayer would be sick. Or Matthew Bellamy.

You endorse multiple products and companies ? what is required of a concept for you to endorse it?

I?ve had several ?endorsement? deals with different companies over the years. Some of them were big mistakes, and some of them have been blessings.

What it requires from me personally is that I actually love the product. I?ve made the mistake in the past of signing a deal with a company because I would get free gear. But then when you get over the novelty of the gear being free, you end up realizing you don?t really like the gear. I’d rather pay for equipment I really love than play stuff I don?t enjoy using just because it?s free or cheap.

You have to understand the concept of an ?endorsement?, which a lot of musicians don?t. They see it as another word for ?free/cheap gear? and a logo they can put on their website to make them look important. It has to be a two-way street. The company hooks you up with gear, and in return they are counting on you generating sales. Simple as that. They?re not going to sign a guy who truly loves their products but has little to no exposure. Additionally, artist reps all have a nose for smelling the guys that are just fishing for any deal with anyone. Some guys will send out a ?press kit? to several manufacturers at the same time, hoping one will bite. That?s missing the entire point and will never get you anywhere. Also, different reps of different companies are often friends and will not hesitate to pass on the name of a?fisher? over a beer at NAMM. It can seriously ruin your credibility and any chances of ever getting industry support.

I worked with some smaller companies in the past, which I don?t do anymore. It?s generally more drama than it?s worth. Plus it can harm your name when a small company turns out to have a fraudulent owner or something. There?s really only one small company I fully stand behind because the inventor of the product was a good friend of mine (who sadly passed away a couple of years ago) and his product (S-Hoop) is truly innovative. I prefer to work with bigger companies because they have earned a name and reputation and they have more than proven to be serious and that they will be around for a long time. A great example is DW. I don?t have an official endorsement deal with them, but we have a great relationship and they go the extra mile for me because they know I am dedicated to their product and will and have generated sales. I get a nice discount through a retailer, but nowhere near free. I?m happy to pay for the gear because those are the drums and hardware I prefer to use over anything else. There are several other major drum manufacturers who have told me they would be happy to sign me but I don?t like their products as much and I just won?t make that mistake again. Paiste does endorse me officially and that?s simply a dream come true. I?ve been a total Paiste fan since I was 13. And by fan I mean that I can name all of the series and models, past and present, and can name many endorsees? setups into detail through different stages of their careers. So yeah, I would still be paying full price for those cymbals if I had to. I actually collect vintage and out of production Paistes that I?ll find on eBay and locally and sometimes pay well over original retail price for. Vic Firth has had my back since 2003 and I?ve used their sticks since I started playing. I tried a pair of different brands here and there in the past just to see what else is out there but it always just confirmed that Vic?s are the best. That has never even been up for discussion. And the folks at the company are just awesome. They truly will help out any way they can.

You somehow managed to learn an entire Lita Ford set only forty eight hours prior to touring with her ? how?

Because I had to! No use wasting time getting intimidated. I just grabbed the bull by the horns and gave it my all. I got pretty good at writing notes. Generally I?ll know a song by the time I?ve written it out. Lita?s music wasn?t complicated. The tricky part was that a lot of the songs had very similar beats and tempos and not confusing those with each other was a challenge. When you set your mind to it and really dedicate every ounce of your body (that?s a lot of ounces in my case!), a person is capable of doing things you?d never think possible. The whole idea is to not think that!

You?ve been fortunate enough to perform at significant events like Gods of Metal ? which has been the most enjoyable?

You know, this may sound terrible but I had very little time or chance to really enjoy some of those big shows with Lita. Almost all of them were ?throw and go? situations where there was no sound check and our gear would literally be rolled onto the stage and then there was the intro tape playing as I was still tuning my snare. Almost every single time there were technical challenges. Sometimes my monitor simply produced nothing more than a loud rumble so I couldn?t hear the band. This can be more than challenging when the keyboard player plays an intro melody to a song and there?s no way you can hear him. Guitar amps also had a way of crapping out all the time, which can be really confusing. Add that to the fact that we basically had no rehearsal and I only barely knew the material. So most of the shows were kinda like running through a minefield, hoping you would make it across. Luckily all the guys in the band were total pros and everyone kept an eye out and would tap out an intro with their hands for me, or give me visual cues when they noticed I couldn?t hear anything. We had a lot of trouble with drum techs on that tour and most of the time I didn?t have one to help me out trying to communicate with a monitor engineer who was 75 feet away rolling a cigarette. That?s just the one thing about being a drummer and playing a huge stage. You?re sitting behind the amps and too far from the front stage monitors that have lead vocals in them. If your monitor mix is bad, you will literally hear absolutely nothing at all and feel like you?re under water or something. You can?t even tell if you?re playing the same song as the rest of the band. In the US, we generally had a sound check every day and since that was the second leg of the tour, we had gotten really tight as a band anyway. So those shows were very enjoyable. Those were generally ?smaller?, though. I mean? 5000 people instead of 30,000! But struggle or not, I?ll take it any day!

Any parting words?

I?m always flattered when people are interested in hearing me babble about what I do. So, thanks!

Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 10:35:56 PM »

Bumblefoot prodigy Poc Saenz exclusive Q&A w/ I?m so Normal it?s Uncool/Bumblefoot Paddies.

http://sonormalitisuncool.blogspot.com/2011/09/bumblefoot-prodigy-poc-saenz-exclusive.html

The music of Poc entails what exactly?

I'd say 'a lot of rock in the guitars & drums & overall energy, but I'm still a girl and don't want to lose my feminine side, there's maybe a hint of pop, dance, R&B in some of the songs...

Why is Pink such a significant figure in terms of influencing your music and style?

Well, i identify myself with her in a certain way, because she`s a singer-songwriter, she has succeed in so many ways, from her personal and professional life, but  then again, it?s mostly about her work, the way she sings and perform live is awesome! but. I can say is more like in my own personal likes, more than influencing in my music. I think i would name Janis Joplin and Led Zeppelin as my two biggest admirations. I mean Janis was considered one of the greatest rock n roll singer OF ALL TIME! passionate, full with strong convictions,  rebel spirit without forgetting about her excellent voice. That's why it was so important to me record as near as possible to NYC, because that's where she recorded her first album!!!!  Led zeppelin.....well.... wow.... where should i begin?  i love the way they managed to mix : "blues, rock n roll, Arabic music, Indian music, country... FOLK, into their music!!

and don?t forget it is one of the world's bestselling artist of all time. And i most accept ... now "BUMBLEFOOT" has become one of my biggest admiration, and influences. I dare to say that this new album is 90 % his work, his essence, even though most of the songs i wrote them... he made them grow, he completely found me... my "music personality" that how i call it. He taught me the basis of rock music, music tendency and time line, and he kept on pushing me to reach that "little something" that made my music sound like "POC"  He taught me and help me dealing with really difficult situations, i mean when we were in Mexico for that gig, everything seemed to be falling apart.. and at the end of the day everything went just PERFECT... we had to deal with hurricanes, earthquakes, heat waves,  backline problems, homesickness, management issues ...  I MEAN... he made me see I AM RIGHT WHERE I SHOULD BE.

And as a guitar player i completely admire him, as a producer and as a wonderful human being... I MEAN.. i have become a fan of his music! actually as am answering to this interview I?m listening to one of his albums ! lol. .. well...Thanks Ron !

What other artists would you regard as being an ?influence??

WELL... i just answered that question in the question before... but i forgot to say i LOVE the sound of nickelback.

At what point did singing become your ambition and why?

*I used to dance ballet, i thought i would become a professional ballet dancer, but ... it?s funny how life make things work...  the day of my professional test,..... i broke my ankle,  a few hours before... so i couldnt make it to the test, and before getting back to practicing  i needed at least 2 years of therapy... i was really screwed up. That?s when i started writing my songs... i was  so depressed  that the only way i could manage to leave my thoughts and my failure feelings was by writing music. Then that?s when i realized how passionate i felt about music... and that?s when i understood that music was what i needed for my life, because it?s not about money, fame... and all that things.. BUT IT?S ALL ABOUT PASSION!

Where do you want to go as a singer? What?s the ultimate height?

WORLD PEACE!! lol... just joking .....i just want to share my music with world... have fun doing it.. which i must say that at this point I?m having such a good time doing it. But at this point I?m just looking to get to the next goal, which is putting out the album and build one happy big family with people who likes my music and support me.

There?s a campaign proposing you open for GN?R during their upcoming performances in Mexico ? I would imagine that?s quite flattering? Yes, I?m very grateful and i appreciate it  that  gnr fans welcome me into their world... wonderful people !!! and the fact that GNR is such a great historic band.... so yes .. it?s quite flattering!!!!!!!

Is there a possibility of a structured Poc tour or will the appearances continue to be sporadic?

By the time the album is out, there`s going to be a Poc tour, .. to get the correct promotion on the album.. with a proper business plan, i mean this is what i want for the rest of my life, so things have to be serious and handled with the importance it deserves,.. i would have not go through all this stuff , dealing with hurricanes, natural and,.. UNNATURAL (lol) disasters and flying all the way to nj to get the album produced  for two months with an excellent producer, getting Frank to record the drums etc.. if i didn't expect things to get really serious Cheesy

Why did you choose Bumblefoot to produce your album?

I chose him because i made quite a search into his work, not only because he`s playing with gnr, but because all of the work he has done before, and accomplishments, his curriculum is quite impressive!!! I care a lot about the guitar sound, and his technique  give the guitar a great sound!! his sound is huge! and now the album is done.... i see that i chose wisely!

Is your upcoming album the first Poc release?

This album is my first Poc release... and i think it s going to be huge... the album has such a quality in it... and great stuff going on. I completely reached what i was looking for  for this album.

When should we expect your album to become available?

hopefully, it`ll be available around october. still dont know, because Ron goes touring so.. i guess its up to him.. but he get work done REALLY FAST..and by this i mean.. REALLY REALLY FAST.! such a professional work

What sort of guy is Bumblefoot?

A caveman-- .... hum.. lol...seriously speaking, its unbelievable how professional he is, he`s into everything all the time, vocal coaching, producing, playing, promotion stuff,  dealing with random crisis... but he`s a workaholic... nice, kind, FUNNY LIKE HELL... but still workaholic.

Did you dig Bumblefoot?s music prior to working with him?

Of course i did, i needed to know his "music personality! and totally loved it! CRAZY MUSIC PERSONALITY!...abnormal and normal at the same time...  huh? does that even make sense? that's what i love about it... nothing seems to make sense ... but in some ramdom way.. it DOES!

Throughout the live streams Bumblefoot repeatedly referred to the necessity of ?feeding the Poc? ? how good a cook is Bumblefoot?

I don?t know about that... ahhahahaha we always went to get pizza or Thai food... he loves it! although---. there was this time he bought a chicken pot pie to cook...the ones that are frozen and you just put them on the oven.. and they are ready... well.... he burned it !! and it tasted like **** ...  lol. But that?s the nearest we got to cooking.

How was performing live with Bumblefoot at the Bulldog caf? in Mexico City?

leaving out the issues we had to get it done.. like he being so sick, with a terrible stomach ache , and the backline company cancelling at the last moment and getting another backline one hour before the show and bumblefoot`s amp blown off just in the middle of his solo, ... IT WAS PERFECT.... people loved it, i felt so comfortable and.... we had a hell of a time down in Mexico city. We played 2 gnr songs.. "knocking on heaven?s door and sweet child o mine" it was great

Are then any intriguing Bumblefoot related stories you would like to share?

AHHAHAHAA!! everything with ron was so weird... like hanging out  at Dunkin Donuts while the hurricane was going on... to do some livestreaming and just... hanging out... while my room "the basement" was flooding  hahaha that?s quite a story! what were we thinking!!  oops.. my bad.. we weren?t thinking at all!!!  

« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 10:39:12 PM by Chinese Monopoly » Logged

Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 10:36:15 PM »

Is Ron?s beard as evil as widely speculated?

You know.. I?ve heard that before.. but i must say Ron?s beard was pretty nice to me... and if Ron?s beard actually tells people what to do.. then i must thank Ron?s beard because it made me make such a great album!!!!! I?m so sorry i tried to cut it off while he was sleeping.... NEVER AGAIN!

Would it be fair to say the exposure you?ve gotten through working with Bumblefoot has been invaluable?

well... in a certain way it was really good... because of him i got to know wonderful gnr fans.... who actually liked my music... so it?s more like a introducing people to your music thing. and that's how you share your music with all kinds of people with different music tendency or influences

Do you find your good looks to be a problem in terms of regular online wedding proposals?

i find it flattering.. i mean... every girl likes to be told they are good looking ..... I?d have to be crazy if i considered it a problem Cheesy online wedding proposals?? humm well... that?s weird.. but then again . i did ONLINE recording backing vocals session so.. then.. i must say everything is possible LOL!

What artists are you presently listening to the most?

Ron has introduced me DEEPLY into a lot of music styles and their stories... like... Frank zappa , led zeppelin... tons of beatles, queen, stevie wonder, soundgarden, S.T.P. audioslave, the doors, the who,  rolling stones, rush (thanks to jaacko) etc...

Other than music and generally being glamorous, what are your interests?

I?m so passionate about photography.,.. in my free time i like to do some nice photo sessions , mostly of concerts or traveling.

Who or what do you gain inspiration from?

From everything, inspiration is everywhere... most of my songs are based on personal situations... and my life can be really intense most of the time.. which i really like because I?ve never had a creativity block . I?m always filled with 10000 different feelings at the same time... hopefully i won?t go crazy with time. LOL

Why do you think you opted for rock rather than the glitz and easy money of imitating say, Britney Spears?

i could have done that,,.. if i were just looking for money and fame... but as i said before... it?s about feeling passionate about it.... to sing your own stuff and have and orgasm going on!!!!!!!!!! IT?S... ALL ABOUT FINDING YOU IN MUSIC ..."music personality"  and i think... you`ll never find success doing something you don't feel.

What differentiates Poc from the dozens of other aspiring Joan Jett?s and Cher?s out there?

mmm first of all the time... the music tendency this days... it has nothing to do with the one they had in their time, the musical scene its completely different.... record labels.. are nothing like they used to be.. the market has gone completely into internet.... and... i mean... people have forgotten about rock these days... its more all about loops and keyboards,... more dancing stuff... like lady gaga, kesha, katy perry, bruno marz, shakira... etc...  so i think the answer to that one .. that we cannot even be compared, ... although i must say i love Joan jett and cher.. actually Gibson gave me the melody maker.... which is  joan jett`s guitar! that guitar it?s amazing !!

Where do you see Poc music being in ten years? time?

mmmmm hopefully doing some more music.. or recording and album with bumblefoot.. i want to do this for the rest of my life, and i mean it.

The streams showed you noodling with a guitar ? how able would you be in that regard?

I?m going to start guitar lessons with bumblefoot, im looking forward being a complete artist... at least with guitar and piano. so I?m going to kick some asses playing some solos for yal! even though it`ll take time and tough work... but it's totally worth it

Anything else to add?

hummm... welll... yeah... world peace.. ahhahaha lol. Well.. i must thank you for being so supportive and giving me the chance to share my music, and for the backing vocals for my album!! they were great.. you`ve become part of this process a big part!! so THANK YOU Smiley and thanks to bumblefoot for being just the way he is, and letting me have his time and work----... for making this album such a great damn album!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: