Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:12:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2011! What to expect from the band?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2011! What to expect from the band?  (Read 10859 times)
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2010, 05:45:01 AM »

Now the band is bigger than 2001,2002,2006.They have finished a BIG world tour,and there are a lot of people,that before this tour thought that this new band was a joke,and when they saw them performing they were with the jaws in the floor ( yeah,my friends).So 2011 is the moment for another album,or a dvd or something to remember them.

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2010, 06:30:18 AM »

Now the band is bigger than 2001,2002,2006.They have finished a BIG world tour,and there are a lot of people,that before this tour thought that this new band was a joke,and when they saw them performing they were with the jaws in the floor ( yeah,my friends).So 2011 is the moment for another album,or a dvd or something to remember them.

Couldn't have said it better! They should capitalize on the momentum they have now. If they don't, its a waist really..

Oh My God i cant deny this...
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2010, 09:00:01 AM »

You're right, capitalize on this unprecedented momentum. They should release a covers album (undo/counter the mediocre connotation of Spaghetti Incident). Then release "Sailing" as their first single/video with clips and footage of the recent world tour.  Highlight the fact that the band has built rapport on the road and they truly are a legendary band, a road band made up of a pack of good ol boys and rock stars. Showcase the new Axl. Prove to the world that he looks like a weathered, timeless, and ragged Rock Star, not a washed up botox, plastic 80's has been. Some black and white footage would be great, perhaps some slow motion images and packed stadium shots.
Track listing (it would be a huge hit, commercial and critical):

Mother - Pink Floyd
Only Women Bleed - Alice Cooper
Brick in the Wall - Pink Floyd
Wild Horses - Stones
Salt of the Earth - Stones
Sailing- Rod Stewart
Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC
It's All Right - Sabbath
When the Grass Grows Over Me - George Jones
Hurricane - Bob Dylan
Against the Wind - Bob Seger
Have You Ever Seen the Rain - CCR
DUet with Kid Rock (something country/southern rock style) (Use his smoother, toned down voice)

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2010, 09:11:44 AM »

Naa dude... a covers album would be highly criticized at this point and wouldnt be successful...

They already have a covers album... a band with 2 covers album?... no way!

They should release some of the Chinese Democracy material.

It was confirmed by several members in the camp past and present, that Axl had some industrial kind of songs, which didnt really fit the other material Axl wants to put out, so why not pick 6 or 7 tracks and do an EP like Lies with that material.
It would be a great way to release it.

Or why not release a full album of the chinese democracy left overs.
Or.. if that's asking too much, why not release a Live/B-sides album! first cd would have selected tracks from various shows like in Live Era, from 2010, and the second disc would have 2 or 3 bonus gems/b-sides and some footage.

Or even to re-release Chinese Democracy as a double album, with the different covers, and a second disc with some of the songs that werent included. They could then re-launch the idea of making the better video as well.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:24:30 AM by Halo69 » Logged

SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2010, 09:44:39 AM »

I definitely see your point. But Gnr are always criticized for everything they do. I was just trying to think of the quickest and easiest method to "capture" and crystallize the current chemistry and energy of the band coming off the tour.
My thought was that they have so much energy, chemistry, and rapport right now coming off a very successful tour that they need to hurry up and capture this energy. A cover album would allow this because they wouldn't have to write all new material. It would be a quick "snap shot: in time, a way to codify and solidify the "moment" while the chemistry and tour energy is hot and fresh. They should lock themselves in a studio and give themselves one week to record and mix it, that's it. Drink some whiskey, listen to their classic influences on vinyl, and get infuse their eclectic styles. Also, with an eclectic mix of music/covers Gnr could show that they are still a blues-based rock n roll band as well as progressive.
I think the mass public (the old mainstream fans of the late 80s) would really dig Gnr renditions of some stone cold classic rock.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2010, 10:36:42 AM »

a new album

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2010, 11:11:54 AM »

You're right, capitalize on this unprecedented momentum. They should release a covers album (undo/counter the mediocre connotation of Spaghetti Incident). Then release "Sailing" as their first single/video with clips and footage of the recent world tour.  Highlight the fact that the band has built rapport on the road and they truly are a legendary band, a road band made up of a pack of good ol boys and rock stars. Showcase the new Axl. Prove to the world that he looks like a weathered, timeless, and ragged Rock Star, not a washed up botox, plastic 80's has been. Some black and white footage would be great, perhaps some slow motion images and packed stadium shots.
Track listing (it would be a huge hit, commercial and critical):

Mother - Pink Floyd
Only Women Bleed - Alice Cooper
Brick in the Wall - Pink Floyd
Wild Horses - Stones
Salt of the Earth - Stones
Sailing- Rod Stewart
Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC
It's All Right - Sabbath
When the Grass Grows Over Me - George Jones
Hurricane - Bob Dylan
Against the Wind - Bob Seger
Have You Ever Seen the Rain - CCR
DUet with Kid Rock (something country/southern rock style) (Use his smoother, toned down voice)

I'd love to see a cover album with a tracklisting like that! Although, it would have to be after another album of new material. But I do think GN'R historically has done some great covers.
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2010, 12:00:03 PM »

yeah a cover album would not be a great idea, even tho the spaghetti incident is a great album. maby they could throw a couple covers in the next album whole lotta rosie or have tommy sing a song, but i dont need a new album yet. the guys are having a great time touring, now if they were expected to release a new record soon it would not be as much fun for them but thats just my opinion.

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2010, 12:58:48 PM »

the biggest hope i have for 2011 is the U.S tour

however as far as covers are concerned i would like to see more covers but a new covers album isn't the best way to do it in my opinion.

A cover's EP maybe

itunes or internet release like izzy does now

but it still seems like there is a lot of good things ahead for Axl and GN'R
 ok

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2010, 01:03:26 PM »

i expect them to keep doing what they do so good ,it's rockin '
don't do anything but what you have done,maken music fill the world .love ya's '

the one an only horsey !
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2010, 01:53:53 PM »

I want a new Guns N' Roses so bad. I go through these fazes. I am so appreciative of the fact I have Chinese Democracy. I truly love it. Like love it love it. Like maybe only a couple Beatles albums can sit comfortably in its company.

But goddamn I really really want more now. I really want to hear new music from Axl and GN'R. Fuck a goddamn covers album. I want new music that I can play and have another new GNR album I can start rotating with CD. I am ready. I would gladly sacrifice GN'R doing more live shows for however long if that meant getting a new album "soon"-er.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2010, 04:29:19 PM »

I want a new Guns N' Roses so bad. I go through these fazes. I am so appreciative of the fact I have Chinese Democracy. I truly love it. Like love it love it. Like maybe only a couple Beatles albums can sit comfortably in its company.

But goddamn I really really want more now. I really want to hear new music from Axl and GN'R. Fuck a goddamn covers album. I want new music that I can play and have another new GNR album I can start rotating with CD. I am ready. I would gladly sacrifice GN'R doing more live shows for however long if that meant getting a new album "soon"-er.

we're on the same ship man ok

axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2010, 09:42:57 AM »

I expect a DVD BR or something.

But i look back... Tokyo 1992, Welcome to the Videos, Making of NR, DC and Estranged (ONLY IN TAPE "LOL")... GNR deserve new material to spread the music/name/energy/etc to entire world.

Or just something to the crazy fans... remakes, remixes, etc etc.

:rezando-a-Dios:

axlvai
alexander
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2010, 01:06:07 AM »

I do not expect Axl would waste his time at this point and have new album covers printed, especially considering the average sales of CD.  I would hope he will push forward with a new album asap.  With the degeneration of the music industry and the explosion of downloading the only way for ANY band to generate big album sales these days is with huge exposure through big tours and lots of new material. 

Slash spoke in his book of wanting to lead another music revolution (like he and axl did with the origonal gnr) and I think Axl could feel the same way.  He needs to capitalize on the GNR name and bring out more new material and tour like a mother fucker if he is going to create real, global buzz.  I hope he succeeds.  I've seen the new band twice and love them but the music world is vastly different than it was back in the day.  Axl has a monumental job ahead of him....and I think he wouldnt want it any other way.
alexander
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2010, 01:10:56 AM »

Christ no!!!!!  A covers album would be a career destroying move.  It would completely kill Axls credability.  One album in fifteen years and he has to resort to a covers album???  Please no.  No way would the new guys want this either.  They must be keen as shit to cut an album that is all thiers and thiers only.  Chinese had tracks from previous member son it.  Trust me they want to release new shit.  These new guys are real hard working musicians, just look at all thier side projects they need to keep themselves bussy....they DO NOT want to cover other peoples shit. 
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2010, 03:31:47 AM »

They should put out a live concert DVD and CD, and the next move an album.Videos,and all this things.After this tour there are a legion of new belivers.And yes,the new Axl is the best news to spread the word.For me would be sad that the band dissapear in 2011.If you see bands like iron maiden,you have always something to buy if you are a fan.

The other good thing is the manager,if he works in GNR like in Kiss..... ok
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2010, 03:33:34 AM »

And NO COVERS! nobody takes seriusly a cover album.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2010, 04:20:18 AM »

I would imagine that the next album will be a mixture of the stuff available @ 2008 for CD 2&3 + some totally unique songs written on the road since 2009. I don't believe they'd ever do a covers album, 'though they might include the odd cover WLoR wouldn't be out of the question, given its reception at shows.

I'm prepared to wager a smallish amount of cash, that we wouldn't hear B of D, JB theme or PP between songs either.  rofl rofl
Happy Christmas everybody

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
FatherSmurf
Opening Act

« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2010, 07:28:31 AM »

Yesterday, as I had to kill time while my girlfriend was going crazy doing christmas shopping, I read through the program and announcements of the box office next door.
Next to a lot of good, bad or worse bands they had the announcement that Guns N' Roses are planning a Germany Tour in 2011.
So I guess that's what I'm expecting from the band Wink

The only online news I could find on the topic is the following. Translation is basicly just that Guns are planing another tour and that soon is the word Smiley.

http://www.mybooker.de/news/index.php?objectID=12493
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2010, 09:18:39 AM »

Yesterday, as I had to kill time while my girlfriend was going crazy doing christmas shopping, I read through the program and announcements of the box office next door.
Next to a lot of good, bad or worse bands they had the announcement that Guns N' Roses are planning a Germany Tour in 2011.
So I guess that's what I'm expecting from the band Wink

The only online news I could find on the topic is the following. Translation is basicly just that Guns are planing another tour and that soon is the word Smiley.

http://www.mybooker.de/news/index.php?objectID=12493

If that's the case I guess it's time for a road trip to Germany in 2011...

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: