Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:48:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2011 U.S. Tour?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2011 U.S. Tour?  (Read 24505 times)
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2011, 01:22:10 PM »

i'm really hoping this thing comes together. promoters have to understand there is demand for this.

my dad turns 68 this year and is really hoping to see gnr. he had back surgery a year ago. for a couple years prior, he wasn't able to stand for long periods of time so couldn't go to concerts (at least no concerts that required lots of standing). so he knew if gnr toured he wouldn't be able to go (he had to skip the shows in 2006). but once he was fully healed, he said he was looking forward to being able to take long walks, AND going to a GnR show. he's a big rock fan and loves Elvis, the stones, and bruce and has seen all of them several times. but he took me to see gnr in '88 and '91 and has always said that Axl puts on the greatest live show he's ever seen.

so anyway, i'm dying for a tour!! or even a leg of a tour that hits the NE area. or even one show!!  hihi ideally in philly, but anywhere in the NE and we are there. 
 beer

Your dads got some great taste in music! Man I was born in the wrong era, to be able to see Elvis, Stones, Boss and Guns sounds pretty amazing. I've been lucky enough to see all but Elvis, but none in their prime.

I would love to see Guns scale back to smaller venues here in the states. The Garden isn't what it used to be for concerts here in Boston. When they came to Mass in '07 they cancelled the night before in Maine, so they honored two shows worth of tickets and still there were empty seats all over the place, so they may not have an option anyway. A lot of big names have been playing smaller venues of late, and it makes for such a better show in my opinion. Would like to see them keep the pyro though.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2011, 03:00:23 PM »

I hope this US tour gets rolling soon, for GN'Rs own sake if not for the fans.

I love thinking about all of the places GN'R might play on this tour like NY, LA, maybe Vegas. Should be a good year for the US fans.  Smiley
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2011, 04:37:55 PM »

MADISON & STAPLES CENTER

peace

Funny you would say Madison. Why?

I bet he means Madison Square Garden.

Looks like he's just listing venues he knows in the USA....

/jarmo

lol I guess that would make sense. Thanks.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2011, 06:22:28 PM »

I am pumped bring on the shows!!!
 Grin

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2011, 07:44:48 AM »

FALSE!

/jarmo

Jarmo - is this post personal opinion? Or are you speaking on behalf of someone else?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2011, 09:40:34 AM »

I keep an eye on Pollstar just in case something starts getting booked. I've noticed in the past that things tend to show up there before even being confirmed.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2011, 10:03:07 AM »

I keep an eye on Pollstar just in case something starts getting booked. I've noticed in the past that things tend to show up there before even being confirmed.

Pollstar is also a great place to get alerts of shows AFTER they have gone on sale.

Happened to me a few times and got screwed, it's hit or miss there. They can be real early - or real late.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2011, 10:04:14 AM »

Pollstar is also a great place to get alerts of shows AFTER they have gone on sale.

Happened to me a few times and got screwed, it's hit or miss there. They can be real early - or real late.

Oh I hear ya. Just my personal experience that they've been more early & accurate than not.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2011, 10:12:34 AM »

Oh I hear ya. Just my personal experience that they've been more early & accurate than not.

Oh I agree, found out about a ton of shows before I read anywhere else on there.

Just saying I also got screwed once or twice Wink
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2011, 10:52:39 AM »

FALSE!

/jarmo

Jarmo - is this post personal opinion? Or are you speaking on behalf of someone else?

Yes it's my opinion based on the fact that there is no show.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2011, 08:21:04 PM »

I share the legitimate desire to see GnR stateside, but I seriously want the 10 minutes of my life back, that I wasted reading this thread.  ok

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2011, 07:03:56 PM »

I share the legitimate desire to see GnR stateside, but I seriously want the 10 minutes of my life back, that I wasted reading this thread.  ok

Rather than getting to 10 minutes back, maybe just find that guy that held a gun to your head and made you read the thread?

Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2011, 01:10:29 PM »

I just hope they come here when it's warm - i really wanna cook General Tso's Chicken in the parking lot.  beer
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2011, 11:58:47 PM »

My 7 year old really loves Chinese Democracy and wants to go see Axl and GNR... that's probably too young? Hmmm...

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2011, 02:28:58 PM »

My 7 year old really loves Chinese Democracy and wants to go see Axl and GNR... that's probably too young? Hmmm...
Not really I have seen kids at shows where people tend to dress a little crazy.
Cough (Kiss)

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #115 on: February 02, 2011, 03:09:46 PM »

Not really I have seen kids at shows where people tend to dress a little crazy.
Cough (Kiss)

There was a 5 year old next to me in the front row of GA for the GNR show here in Jersey back in 06.  The show ended a little before 3am, she was a complete champ, didnt see her complain once.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #116 on: February 02, 2011, 03:22:21 PM »

there was a kid in front of us at manchester he was fast asleep untill the pyro started hihi and don`t forget the little one at moscow aswell  i say if they want to go take em  ok
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2011, 05:59:06 AM »

My girl was both conceived and brought up listening to AFD and latterly UYI I&II  smoking She hasn't turned out mad, bad or dangerous, knows when to swear and when not to.... It also has to said, she heard worse in everyday life than what goes on in these records. Oh and she is still a fan and saw them in the UK in and first saw them in 1991, and the other shows, 2002, 2006 and 2010.

In her case, I think you'll agree, she has been a life long fan  ok
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:10:12 AM by wight gunner » Logged

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2011, 08:50:59 AM »

Rather than getting to 10 minutes back, maybe just find that guy that held a gun to your head and made you read the thread?
I have never needed a gun to my head to visit HTGTH, however scanning through 5 pages of speculation and "I wish", only to find out that there is 'no news' was frustrating.  Its the same 'emotional rollercoaster' certain fans seem to love to subject themselves to, over everything related to the band (next album thread??), and via web-forums (thank God Jarmo polices this one well) they spread it to the masses - often times building to such a level that it appears in 'the news' or someone in the band feels the need to respond.  I should have noted the "?" in the title and skipped it.  peace

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2011, 02:04:43 PM »

You're never too young, nor too old, for some Guns N' Roses ;-)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: